The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1851, 1852, 1853 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject:

At least we got the championship, but after the lakers couldn’t get free agents for years LBJ came and knew he’d get paid by this team. Only thing that makes him leave is his son, if the lakers don’t draft him. #fans in the stands
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Something needs to be done about these refs. Everyone complaining about him shooting threes….what is he supposed to do when defenders are allowed to get rough as they want with him in the paint?

And it’s not like the fouls are hard to see. It’s clear as day he’s getting hacked relentlessly. It’s ridiculous at this point.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Something needs to be done about these refs. Everyone complaining about him shooting threes….what is he supposed to do when defenders are allowed to get rough as they want with him in the paint?

And it’s not like the fouls are hard to see. It’s clear as day he’s getting hacked relentlessly. It’s ridiculous at this point.

4.8 attempts this season is ridiculously low for him.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

I’m surprised he’s getting that many tbh. It seems like he only goes to the line once per game lol
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

I’m surprised he’s getting that many tbh. It seems like he only goes to the line once per game lol

I'm really not a fan of blaming the refs but it's been pretty ridiculous how many calls we don't get nowadays.

Lebron and Russ get butchered at least 3-5 times a game without a call. Yes they are both terrible free throw shooters but even if they hit at least half of their attempts that's like 8-10 points we are losing out on.

Especially after watching Donovan Mitchell the other day hoist up 16 free throws.

I'm really starting to believe that maybe our Lakers complain too much leading to the refs with no choice but to prove a point.......
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
At least we got the championship, but after the lakers couldn’t get free agents for years LBJ came and knew he’d get paid by this team. Only thing that makes him leave is his son, if the lakers don’t draft him. #fans in the stands

Bronny is nice but I'm not sure he'll be in the league until 2026 maybe even 2027.

He's not even in the top 30 for this High School Senior Class atm.
Sure alot can change in time but not too many 1 and done collegiate athletes who didn't dominate in high school.

Bronny hasn't even committed to any college yet. All the top high school recruits already locked down the school they are gonna play for.
I feel just like his Dad he's strategically trying to find a school he can get alot of playing time for rightfully so.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:41 pm    Post subject:

Anyone bothered by how LeBron didn't seem to be the least bit upset about the Lakers' situation in the postgame interview?

I think LeBron wants to win, but he doesn't need to win to be OK with himself. That's the big difference between him and MJ, Kobe, Larry Bird, Magic and Jerry West. I wish LeBron had more of a killer instinct like those guys.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:17 am    Post subject:

LePart time
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:34 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Anyone bothered by how LeBron didn't seem to be the least bit upset about the Lakers' situation in the postgame interview?

I think LeBron wants to win, but he doesn't need to win to be OK with himself. That's the big difference between him and MJ, Kobe, Larry Bird, Magic and Jerry West. I wish LeBron had more of a killer instinct like those guys.

Of course it bothers me. He is content.

The entire team has no urgency. They get about a quarter a game of sustained intensity. Followed by careless TO, bad shots, inefficient offense and half assed defense that typically puts the team in a hole.

No accountability for his and the team’s poor efforts. It is blamed on the FO for not getting him enough help, it is blamed on Vogel and now Ham, it is blamed on Davis for not being assertive enough or injured too often. Or the refs for not allowing him to get to the line enough.

But as long as James can have a couple plays a game for the media to clamor over how “ amazing for a player his age” it will not change. He can coast with lackadaisical defense and jacking up bad shots without any criticism.

James is the center of the universe for any team he is on. That force of nature will never change. No system or coaching will change that until the day he retires. Lakers are stuck with this dynamic. Fans forced to accept or stop watching.

Nine in a row to the rivals. Another national TV embarrassment. Worst record in the league. And the Lakers “leader “ has no passion left to even react. Pathetic!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:01 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

Wants to win? He wants KAJ. He signed on knowing exactly what was in front of him. 50mil for 2
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron on his groin injury: “If it was a playoff game I probably would’ve played.”

Someone tell Lebron that due to LeGM, he won’t have to worry about playoff games for the second consecutive season.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject:

So long as you have Lebron though, the national media gives you importance, relevance etc and you get butts in the seat. Especially with the Kareem record breaking stuff.

The appeal of Lebron and the Lakers is far deeper than winning and what we're doing around him right now is no different than how in Kobe's prime years he had some abysmal supporting casts and a FO that refused to make drastic moves to help give him a chance. And that was Kobe in his prime, this is at least understanable as Lebron is not in his athletic prime anymore.

I've been yearning for an AD/Lebron trade since this past summer, knowing that we completely dismantled the title pieces around them (Vogel being the last piece left shown the door). It doesn't usually work out when you keep those kind of players and everything else around them is dismantled. That's why I wanted a trade. Instead I got news of a Bron extension and Pelinka 3 year extension ! LOL.

But I've also understood that there's no way Jeanie sees a Laker team without some star to rep it. With Lebron even with the losing, you still have a star keeping the Lakers relevant. The storied career of Lebron, the legacy, it carries forward with the Lakers. I hate that stuff but it's important to Jeanie and the team IMO. There's no other explanation for why we're doing things this way. We're not even giving Lebron a real team to have team success with. Nor are we re-building.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:39 am    Post subject:

lack of shooters caused this.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Yea, agree...this is on the front office. We knew going into the season that the roster was flawed and they did to...did nothing about it. I've come to the realization that this will be another embarrassing season full of twice as many losses as wins if not more.

All because the FO chose this option, maybe not deliberately but definitely indirectly by taking the actions or non actions...don't know if it would have mattered tho due to the injury prone players and injury proneness of the players most fan coveted.

Probably destined to lose no matter what.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:47 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

My eye is lasering in on the 1 MFer that caused all this. Y’all already know who I’m Sour-on.

https://gfycat.com/elderlymilkyamethystsunbird

How this tool f’d up a Bron/AD pairing so bad is beyond me…then gets a 4 yr bag for it

https://tenor.com/PYcE.gif
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:51 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

One reason that Lebron explained many times is that he refuses to get high or low during the course of the season. He tries his best to be indifferent to wins and losses, it’s worked for him.

And the other is Lebron already sees his legacy as cemented. Anything from here on out is icing on the cake to him. He may not be a Laker great to a lot here but he is an NBA great, and has nothing left to prove….besides getting the scoring title (which is a big deal to everyone outside of Lakers fans btw)
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

One reason that Lebron explained many times is that he refuses to get high or low during the course of the season. He tries his best to be indifferent to wins and losses, it’s worked for him.

And the other is Lebron already sees his legacy as cemented. Anything from here on out is icing on the cake to him. He may not be a Laker great to a lot here but he is an NBA great, and has nothing left to prove….besides getting the scoring title (which is a big deal to everyone outside of Lakers fans btw)

Ridiculous post
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

As I have stated before, in the immortal words of Apollo Creed…

“yeah, yeah, I mean business too”
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:32 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Halflife wrote:

My eye is lasering in on the 1 MFer that caused all this. Y’all already know who I’m Sour-on.

How this tool f’d up a Bron/AD pairing so bad is beyond me…then gets a 4 yr bag for it

It might be 2MFers, Rob might be doing as Jeanie directs to escape repeater tax, since the team roster construction sucks but he is doing exactly as directed he gets an extension. Both are bad for the historical context of the Laker franchise.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
LeBron on his groin injury: “If it was a playoff game I probably would’ve played.”

Someone tell Lebron that due to LeGM, he won’t have to worry about playoff games for the second consecutive season.

That was regarding his foot injury.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

That was regarding his foot injury.

Regardless...Lebron or any of us Laker fans won't have to worry about anybody playing or not playing through an injury in the playoffs this year...probably not next year either and maybe for the next 5.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:24 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Halflife wrote:

It might be 2MFers, Rob might be doing as Jeanie directs to escape repeater tax, since the team roster construction sucks but he is doing exactly as directed he gets an extension. Both are bad for the historical context of the Laker franchise.

I've been loyal, but Jeanie hurt me bad with this one.

Just correct your wrongs and make him the highest paid Team Twitter handler. Just take him out of the bball ops dept please. I really want to see the Buss name do well and this ain't it.

One thing tho, is that a good exec can meet the demands of an owner's crazy ask. She wants to budget payroll/taxes but also wants all the glamour in the "names".

The plan can't be lets load up with 3 max and round out the roster with vet min 1 yr deals. That's a crap plan.

Folks always bring up how the Lakers were limited to just the MLE and vet mins this summer, but completely ignore, how we got here.

In 2019, you had cap space to earmark rookie min deals with on 4 year deals. These 19 year olds that go undrafted/2nd round literally have no leverage. You throw a multi year rookie min bag at them and I'm sure they're happy cause you can sell them on bagging up with full bird rights after their deal is up. You do that and you don't have to budget decisions like THT vs Caruso. You can have the "luxury" of having it all.

We're ass in negotiating trades. We're ass in negotiating contracts. We continuously #marginalizedthemargins and when that happens, you end up with crap plans. Dude just doesn't know cap....no 🧢

You want to field 3 max and still budget a payroll with quality depth to satisfy your owner, this is the way. Instead, dude has a Bron/AD team see next to no postseason all while costing his owner $15m in additional payroll/taxes by simply waiving DJ/Trev last year instead of trading them into some other team's exceptions. That's GM malpractice, it was "gut-wrenching" for the owner...yet another 4 years. Yippee! What will oh boy do next? #2023crapplan
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

It's always iffy to psychoanalyze athletes, but based on all the things we've heard about Lebron over the years from teammates, etc., I'd say it's closer to:

Lebron is a complex guy. He is narcissistic and super-serious, but he's also chill, jokey, and generous. For him, it's not a contradiction to be focused and dedicated, and to have fun and not to make a show of getting worked up. Unlike, say, Jerry West, Lebron is great at compartmentalizing.

He is simultaneously indifferent to what people think of him, but has a strong view of how he wants to present himself, so it's not uncommon for him to say stupid things in crafting the image he wants. He has trouble hiding his true personality, as, say, Jordan did so easily; but he has no trouble playing his cards close to the vest.

Lebron cares very much about his legacy. I don't think he sees anything as "icing on the cake." However, he also doesn't feel he needs to prove anything to anyone.

That's my take anyway. I see him as extremely complex guy packaged in a fun-loving package that hides the complexity.

He's like the Walt Whitman poem: "Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject:

I don’t know if I have the numbers to back this up but the eye test tells me LeBron’s style of play has changed a lot from when he used to get to the line more.

I feel like he used to operate from the mid post a lot more, exploiting single coverage by forcing teams to foul him or give up an easy drive to the basket and punishing double teams by finding open shooters.

They don’t have the shooters now. The defense is able to pack the paint more. A 37 year old Bron isn’t attacking a packed paint with reckless abandon anymore unless he’s in transition. It’s a safer and wiser way to play to avoid wear and tear on his body but it’s going to result in a lot less contact and free throws. He needs that three pointer to fall to open up the rest of his game.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject:

Stars prior joining lakers = parading to free throw line with phantom fouls
Stars after joining lakers = get butchered without any calls
Shooters prior joining lakers = 40% career three point shooting
Shooters after joining lakers = 20% three point shooting

This is not exaggeration, it’s been displayed over and over the last couple decades.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1851, 1852, 1853 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1852 of 2079
Jump to: