The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1852, 1853, 1854 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

Bron would benefit tremendously from having a good post game. He's still strong and quick enough where he could bully smaller players in the post. All he has right now is hope that his 3 point shot is on that night, or he's gonna have to put some hurt on his body driving into the paint for those 20 points.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Bron would benefit tremendously from having a good post game. He's still strong and quick enough where he could bully smaller players in the post. All he has right now is hope that his 3 point shot is on that night, or he's gonna have to put some hurt on his body driving into the paint for those 20 points.

What’s annoying now (and not unique to Lebron) is that refs bail out smaller players when they’re being backed down. Hard to work a post game on mismatch when smaller guys can just fall to the ground.

If you’re small and can’t hold it down in the paint…too bad…that’s what u get for getting switched onto a bigger player. Refs really have taken away a bigger players size advantage in todays game.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Bron & AD are #3 & #4 in attempts from the restricted area

https://go.nba.com/0gp8v

And are #6 & #5 in avg points in the paint.

https://go.nba.com/d48np

And are #10 & #6 in post up attempts per.

https://go.nba.com/d6mvz

Yet are #22 & #28 in personal fouls drawn.

https://go.nba.com/rwef7

Smh
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Bron & AD are #3 & #4 in attempts from the restricted area

https://go.nba.com/0gp8v

And are #6 & #5 in avg points in the paint.

https://go.nba.com/d48np

And are #10 & #6 in post up attempts per.

https://go.nba.com/d6mvz

Yet are #22 & #28 in personal fouls drawn.

https://go.nba.com/rwef7

Smh

We arent getting any calls, its ridiculous

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:10 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1590812789345435649?s=46&t=W9oivn7zH5AitPGvC__V8g

LeAnnualGroin prepping for when (bleep) hits the fan…
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:47 pm    Post subject:

This is sort of encouraging

Per McTen

Lakers coach Darvin Ham says LeBron James will be day-to-day with his groin injury. Ham says the MRI showed that James has a strained left abductor. Of note: By virtue of a scheduling quirk, James could take eight days off in this next stretch and only miss two games.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1590822663676915712?s=46&t=dVOoQQ1VkEQXiXQiQ2E8ug

Darvin Ham says “there wasn’t anything torn” when asked about LeBron James’ injury — a big difference from the groin injury James suffered on Christmas Day in 2018.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1590823114577174529?s=46&t=dVOoQQ1VkEQXiXQiQ2E8ug

Doesn't really change the fact that all of these injuries are a sign of him aging but…
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers star LeBron James is day-to-day due to a left adductor strain. He is doubtful to play Friday vs. Kings.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Lakers star LeBron James is day-to-day due to a left adductor strain. He is doubtful to play Friday vs. Kings.

Bummer. Two seasons of old man injuries, one after the other.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
This is sort of encouraging

Per McTen

Lakers coach Darvin Ham says LeBron James will be day-to-day with his groin injury. Ham says the MRI showed that James has a strained left abductor. Of note: By virtue of a scheduling quirk, James could take eight days off in this next stretch and only miss two games.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1590822663676915712?s=46&t=dVOoQQ1VkEQXiXQiQ2E8ug

Darvin Ham says “there wasn’t anything torn” when asked about LeBron James’ injury — a big difference from the groin injury James suffered on Christmas Day in 2018.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1590823114577174529?s=46&t=dVOoQQ1VkEQXiXQiQ2E8ug

Doesn't really change the fact that all of these injuries are a sign of him aging but…

Only miss two games by taking 8 days off...yea right! What about the next flu, or foot problem, or nagging nature of groin injuries? This isn't an anomaly, not an aberration or exception...this has been the trend since LBJ has been a Laker. It will most likely, based on history, be much more than 8 days and two games. The Lakers would be lucky to get 56 games again from LBJ.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject:

dont know if this true
https://twitter.com/GuruLakers/status/1590817339792297985?s=20&t=IzJYQPL3RTegWAEEnPNcsA
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Nobody will want him now right? There’s no miraculous way we can trade him? Is there a NTC? I know I sound foolish but I’m desperate.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Nobody will want him now right? There’s no miraculous way we can trade him? Is there a NTC? I know I sound foolish but I’m desperate.

Been said many times. He can't be traded until the end of the season.
derek94
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:33 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Even if James is amenable or even requests a trade? No exception can be sought by the Lakers and the league to accommodate.

Where's Larry Coon when you need him.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject:

Sure LeBron looks as if his durability is a liability...it might not matter what we do since it looks like his body might not be able to handle a full NBA season anymore...but...with 9 vet min players with 2 mini-tpMLE players = 11 non proven NBA players. That just leaves Bev/WB to go with LBJ/AD as the only non minimum or exception players to try to win...not the formula.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject:

derek94 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Snipes wrote:

Even if James is amenable or even requests a trade? No exception can be sought by the Lakers and the league to accommodate.

Where's Larry Coon when you need him.

He made a FAQ so we wouldn’t need him.

LeBron signed an extension that has an 8% salary increase. An extend and trade limits salary increases to 5%. LeBron’s extension triggers a 6 month waiting period to block circumvention of the extend and trade limitation.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q95

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q101
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject:

For what it's worth here's what some sports docs think about LeBron's injury and the possible amount of missed time.

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James exited Wednesday night’s loss to the Clippers with a left groin strain that he labeled not as bad as the one he suffered on Christmas in 2018.

By video, the injury does not appear as severe as his 2018 groin strain, but it will likely keep him out until December, according to the Pro Basketball Docs.

https://sicscore.com/nba/updates/lebron-james-injury-heres-how-long-lakers-star-will-likely-miss-with-groin-strain
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Out until December would not surprise me. He's had groin issues for a couple years now. It's not clear what we're fighting for this year, but if we hope to have him consistently towards the back half of the season he should be careful with any lower extremity issues.

Chase for Kareem

LeBron's current scoring average is 24.9ppg. In his last three seasons with the Lakers, LeBron's average has been 25.3, 25.0 and 30.3 ppg respectively. It's a bit perilous to assume a ppg average, especially since he will probably pick up his scoring as he gets close to the record. But using 25ppg as a baseline, were he to miss no games, 44 games would leave us at February 7 against OKC in Crypto.

We know he's likely to miss at least the next two with his current injury (with some saying he could be out until December, which would be 9 games).

If he does miss 10 total games between now and when he breaks the record, that would be against the GSW on March 5 at Crypto. The following game is against Memphis during which LA will be retiring Pau's jersey.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject:

I don’t like LeBron James. I’ve tried to ignore the off the court stuff but his latest “oh KI learned his lesson it’s not fair that he can’t play” stuff after he was oh so quick to cast judgement for an owner to LOSE his team as being the only “fair” judgement has me cornered into being unable to ignore it. Can’t wait till he’s gone. I don’t care how good at basketball he is. I will be happy when there are folks on the team I don’t dislike.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
I don’t like LeBron James. I’ve tried to ignore the off the court stuff but his latest “oh KI learned his lesson it’s not fair that he can’t play” stuff after he was oh so quick to cast judgement for an owner to LOSE his team as being the only “fair” judgement has me cornered into being unable to ignore it. Can’t wait till he’s gone. I don’t care how good at basketball he is. I will be happy when there are folks on the team I don’t dislike.

Well said.

On the court, he’s brilliant. No denying that, even at this stage of his career compared to other 38+ year olds.

Off the court, he lies, talks out of both sides of his mouth depending on what benefits his world and he’s just ultra passive aggressive with Barry Bonds or AROD like insecurities about how people view him.

His play is no longer worth the headache. Cleveland made that decision in 2018 and the Lakers were lucky to have covid happen with the built in break to the season in assisting LBJ and Day to Davis get to the finish line.

The Lakers will be better once this Klutch era is done with…although the caveat to that is Jeanie sells or she hires a competent basketball ops exec and his/her staff and not just her best friends.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Well said.

On the court, he’s brilliant. No denying that, even at this stage of his career compared to other 38+ year olds.

Off the court, he lies, talks out of both sides of his mouth depending on what benefits his world and he’s just ultra passive aggressive with Barry Bonds or AROD like insecurities about how people view him.

His play is no longer worth the headache. Cleveland made that decision in 2018 and the Lakers were lucky to have covid happen with the built in break to the season in assisting LBJ and Day to Davis get to the finish line.

The Lakers will be better once this Klutch era is done with…although the caveat to that is Jeanie sells or she hires a competent basketball ops exec and his/her staff and not just her best friends.

Why is it always caveated with “compared to other 38 yr olds”.

He makes 50 a year and misses tons of games and has had zero impact on keeping us from lottery.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Well said.

He makes 50 a year and misses tons of games and has had zero impact on keeping us from lottery.

They gave him the golden parachute like he was Kobe to us SMH
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Well said.

yes. SMH
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:

Agreed a thousand percent.
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Well said.

yeah he will never be close to what Kobe was to LA yet wants to be treated as if he were Kobe. In the words of the real king of LA (RIP) - SHIP HIS ASS OUT!!
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:38 am    Post subject:

skin wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

Agreed a thousand percent.

Yup. He makes himself look more foolish everytime he opens his mouth
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1852, 1853, 1854 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1853 of 2079
Jump to: