Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
How is this bozo not fired? Can’t believe the lakers had the audacity to hire a moron for 4 years. Mike Brown couldn’t last 0-4. This moron is 2-10 and is still coaching

I would assume that Ham got assurances against this sort of overreaction. Otherwise, I don't know why he took the job. He had to know that the roster quality could never live up to the expectations of the fan base.

If he got fired, he'd still get paid his full contract since coach's contracts are fully guaranteed. Why would anyone not want free money especially since this is Ham's first big contract so he's not that well off?

Poor penny-pinching Jeanie will have to shell out more money for another HC soon. It's 2013 all over again as I've expected.

You saw how fast Monk bolted to the Kings after they offered him a $10M contract even after saying how badly he wanted to remain with the Lakers. At the end of the day, it's all about the money. Nobody genuinely cares about winning anymore. Championships don't pay bills. Money does. Only fans want to win because they're not getting paid to play.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
How is this bozo not fired? Can’t believe the lakers had the audacity to hire a moron for 4 years. Mike Brown couldn’t last 0-4. This moron is 2-10 and is still coaching

I would assume that Ham got assurances against this sort of overreaction. Otherwise, I don't know why he took the job. He had to know that the roster quality could never live up to the expectations of the fan base.

Ham has interviewed for a lot of HC jobs. He wasn’t going to turn one down when he finally got an offer. He also probably assumed, as most of us did, that a team with LeBron and AD couldn’t be this bad. Well, here we are.

Ham is making mistakes early on (the four guard lineup he insisted on last game comes to mind) but he’s got the makings of a strong coach. He just walked into a really bad situation at the worst time.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Let's have Westbrook not close out quarters, coach
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:42 am    Post subject:

Nothing to get excited about our coach, it was only the Nets without Seth and Kyrie and Simmons

so far, our coach is underperforming as the whole team
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:05 am    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
Nothing to get excited about our coach, it was only the Nets without Seth and Kyrie and Simmons

In fairness it's a Net team that came in having won 4 of their last 5 games after Kyrie was suspended, including a win over the Clippers in their last game without Seth, and with Ben Simmons only playing 14 minutes. It's also a Lakers team without Lebron, Schroder, or Bryant.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:43 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
matigol wrote:

In fairness it's a Net team that came in having won 4 of their last 5 games after Kyrie was suspended, including a win over the Clippers in their last game without Seth, and with Ben Simmons only playing 14 minutes. It's also a Lakers team without Lebron, Schroder, or Bryant.

Anyways, nothing to cheer loud
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:21 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

It's amazing how Westbrook always (bleep) the bed to end the quarters

You can count on a sequence of clank > turnover > clank > bad foul
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
epic_ wrote:

It's amazing how Westbrook always (bleep) the bed to end the quarters

You can count on a sequence of clank > turnover > clank > bad foul

Haha. Yea, definitely some combination of turnover, clank, bad foul.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:07 am    Post subject:

He didn't put Russ back in at the end of the game. We probably win the Sac game (and definitely the Portland game) if he followed this strategy. Let's hope two losses is all he needs to settle on that.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
He didn't put Russ back in at the end of the game. We probably win the Sac game (and definitely the Portland game) if he followed this strategy. Let's hope two losses is all he needs to settle on that.

i don't think Russ had anything to do for the finish of the Sac game unless you are referring to the first half finish. it was Pat Bev that was suppose to be taken out. Russ made a 3 in the last 2 minutes.
he really needs to read the game on how russ plays before deciding to finish with him or not, it is not 100% either way.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:

He didn't put Russ in because the game was out of hand and the starters were coming out. Unfortunate that may be the only way to keep Russ from closing games. Have a big lead haha
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:43 pm    Post subject:

amazing how good of a coach he is when AD decides to use his advantages.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject:

I fear the Nets win had more to do with their poor coaching than our good coaching. The blueprint from past games on defeating the Lakers is to load up double teaming AD with ball denial and then triple team him if he somehow gets a touch.

I applaud AD for beasting through the double teams, making moves quickly before they could get properly set up. Props too goes to Ham for strategizing better spacing.

It's a small sample size with one game for sure...but it does show the possibility that there is something this team can do to win this year...contrary to many who think nothing can be done. They could still be right of course...but the game shows more possibility that they could be wrong also. The possibility exists that there could be even more success realized with a roster improvement.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
levon wrote:

He didn't put Russ in because the game was out of hand and the starters were coming out. Unfortunate that may be the only way to keep Russ from closing games. Have a big lead haha

I thought about that, but I don't think so. The starters came out at around the 3.5 minute mark if I remember correctly, and Russ usually comes in with 5 minutes or so left.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
epic_ wrote:
levon wrote:

I thought about that, but I don't think so. The starters came out at around the 3.5 minute mark if I remember correctly, and Russ usually comes in with 5 minutes or so left.

They were up 15 at the 5 minutes mark though.
He could have come in at the 4:59, 4:54 and 4:37 marks when there was stoppage of play.
The next stoppage was at the 3:40 mark which is when AD came out.

Here's to hoping coach isn't closing out with Russ. But I don't see it yet.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:22 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
levon wrote:
epic_ wrote:
levon wrote:

They were up 15 at the 5 minutes mark though.
He could have come in at the 4:59, 4:54 and 4:37 marks when there was stoppage of play.
The next stoppage was at the 3:40 mark which is when AD came out.

Here's to hoping coach isn't closing out with Russ. But I don't see it yet.

Let's keep an eye on it. In the Denver game, they were up double digits with a few minutes to go too, and Ham put in Westbrook like clockwork.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Levon,
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Stop playing the small lineups….
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:27 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

That Bryant + AD lineup was fun.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

So was the wenyen Ad and also Wenyen TB front courts
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject:

Now finally Ham has some flexibility, he can go big or small or mix it up. We just need to be patient and hopefully TB rounds into top shape and smooths out his fit.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject:

TB needs to start next to AD and on defense should play rim protector while AD roams the perimeter. At gives us a soft preview on if we should invest in a guy like Turner either via trade this year or free agency next summer (I prefer the former).

And speaking of defense, hate to be that guy, but as much as it feels good beating the freshmen teams this year, when we really start experiencing ad-varsity, those teams will murder us. We’re developing some really bad habits on defense. How we giving up so many damn points to that Pistons team. In the last 9 games, we’ve been giving up the 2nd most opposing points. That ain’t going to get it done. Coach needs to make that a priority ASAP.

https://go.nba.com/24yy8

Btw, I’m aware of our PACE this year and how it inflates numbers, but we haven’t been great at defending those shot attempts still. We’re in the lower bracket when it comes to frequency in allowing “open” shot attempts.

https://go.nba.com/adgga
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

So was the wenyen Ad and also Wenyen TB front courts

With these options available I hope Ham abandons the small 4 or even 3 guard line-ups. AD/Bryant in the game then Gabriel/AD, and on to Bryant/Gabriel.

Plus, when LBJ comes back either him or TBjr should be in most of the time. Reeves/Walker have been so efficient I get the temptation to play them together but for defensive purposes I would prefer not giving up any height advantage to the opponent.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:14 am    Post subject:

full roster, let's see what Ham can do, fix the defense please
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure if it was due to the AR foul situation that changed the lineups, but why wan't he playing Bryant with Russ? Russ' downhill play style seemed to match TB well the last few games. The Nunn + DS lineup is a no no for me.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 74 of 277
Jump to: