🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Matt Ryan is playing good ball. Is it Jeff Sunday?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Matt Ryan and Colts are playing good ball. Leading Eagles 16 10.Is it Jeff Sunday?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Cowboys trying to make SAS FirstTake Monday with Michael Irving a sad day. LINK They're leading the Vikings 23 3 at the half.

Michael didn't show when the Packers beat the Cowboys. If Dallas wins today I'd bet the condo he'll show up tomorrow.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Vikings didn't show up for this game.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject:

CBS switched to a more competitive game in the Bengals vs Steelers.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Chargers just an average team in the same division as the Chiefs.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Mahomes is such a treat to watch.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:52 am    Post subject:

Dallas destroyed Minnesota. It's the first time since I've been watching FirstTake that SAS didn't speak a word for about the first 5 minutes of the show. As I expected he did his Dr. Evil Sad impression and Michael Irving showed up with one of his out of control rants. He didn't sweat and stain his suit underarm this time. Maybe he had on maxipads.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Dallas destroyed Minnesota. It's the first time since I've been watching FirstTake that SAS didn't speak a word for about the first 5 minutes of the show. As I expected he did his Dr. Evil Sad impression and Michael Irving showed up with one of his out of control rants. He didn't sweat and stain his suit underarm this time. Maybe he had on maxipads.

Dallas is extremely dangerous if they actually commit to Pollard getting the majority of the work over Elliott. You can still use Elliott as a change of pace, in pass protection, and in short yardage, as he's legitimately good at the goal line because of his power. But yes, commit to Pollard and the offense has another degree of explosiveness to it. We already know how ferocious their pass rush is. They always seem to fall short of their expectations, though.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Dallas is extremely dangerous if they actually commit to Pollard getting the majority of the work over Elliott. You can still use Elliott as a change of pace, in pass protection, and in short yardage, as he's legitimately good at the goal line because of his power. But yes, commit to Pollard and the offense has another degree of explosiveness to it. We already know how ferocious their pass rush is. They always seem to fall short of their expectations, though.

I agree they should commit to Pollard. He runs between the tackles and has the speed to get to the corners.

Zeke is a better pass protector and has the power needed for short yardage. Here's where coaching is important. How to get the max from what you have.

If this is the Dallas of the norm we'll see the footage of Cowboy fans crying on FirstTake for some time to come. They always seem to fall short.

Jerry Jones would have more rings if his ego hadn't stepped to the plate. He fired Jimmy Johnson because he wanted all the credit. He said any of 500 coaches could coach the Cowboys. LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just off my own personal eye test, but to me Dak tends to underperform against the better teams historically so to me he could be their weak link.

The Cowboys do have a ton of talent though, their defense has been very impressive at times this season.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just off my own personal eye test, but to me Dak tends to underperform against the better teams historically so to me he could be their weak link.

The Cowboys do have a ton of talent though, their defense has been very impressive at times this season.

I don't think he's their weak link. I do think he's overrated. His contract put a bullseye on his back. Daks' expectations are off the chart. I don't think he'll play up to them.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah I don't think he's elite. But he's certainly good. As good as the pass rush and their defense is, maybe they stay balanced, get Pollard a lot of work, and not ask him to to too much in making risky throws, just get the ball to his playmakers. The NFC is still pretty open. The Eagles are nowhere near a juggernaut.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject:

Watching the Dolphins vs Texans. Tyreek Hill said Tua Tagovailoa is the most accurate QB he's ever played with. That's high praise knowing he's played with Patrick Mahomes.

The serious concussions Tau suffered had me concerned about his health. He's playing lights out. It's been tossed around that he's the best QB in the league at this juncture.

It's a blowout. 30 0 at the half.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Chargers come from behind on the road to win in Arizona.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:25 pm    Post subject:

They should do this for the Colts games as well nobody wants to see this version of the Broncos in primetime either...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/29/nfl-flexes-dolphins-chargers-game-to-sunday-night-football-in-week-14/#comments

Quote:
NFL flexes Dolphins-Chargers game to Sunday Night Football in Week 14
Posted by Charean Williams on November 29, 2022, 8:51 PM EST

Houston Texans v Miami Dolphins
Getty Images
After the Broncos signed Russell Wilson, the NFL scheduled them for five primetime games. They have played four of those, but with a 3-8 record and the worst scoring offense in the league, the Broncos won’t play the fifth.

The NFL flexed out of the Week 14 game between the Chiefs and Broncos on Sunday Night Football.

That game was rescheduled to a 4:05 p.m. ET kickoff.

Instead, the Dolphins and Chargers will play on Sunday Night Football on Dec. 11. Kickoff is set for 8:20 p.m. ET.

It will be the Dolphins’ third primetime game and the fifth for the Chargers. The Chargers also have a Monday Night Football game on Dec. 26 and currently are scheduled for a New Year’s Day game against the Rams on Sunday Night Football. That game could be flexed with the Rams currently 3-8.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject:

The B-2 Spirit made a pass over Lincoln Financial Field to start the Eagles game. That thing is eerily quiet.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Good week to pick up the Browns defense in my fantasy league
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:57 pm    Post subject:

The Eagles seem to be real. They're spanking the Titans 35 10

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject:

The Ravens are not playing up to expectations. They just got by the lowly Brocons10 9

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject:

When is Christian McCaffery going to get his propers? I'm with SAS reversed discrimination. If he were Black he'd get more attention. He's one of the best backs in the league.

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I did the same thing, incredible.... a couple of defensive TDs and a punt return TD!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Same, in one of mine!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Lamar might miss weeks, but seems to have avoided a serious knee injury.

Jimmy G wasn't so lucky; he's out for the year. You'd have to think that the 49ers' Super Bowl chances just dipped precipitously, even if their defense is ferocious. They aren't winning the Super Bowl with Brock Purdy, the trade deadline has passed, and even if Trey Lance heals up in time to play before the playoffs, he's a significant step down from Jimmy G at this stage in his development. (If he ever develops.)

Chargers gonna Charger, as they only scored 1 offensive touchdown against the lowly Raiders defense. Herbert was under pressure all day, and there were few adjustments made by the Chargers coaching staff. At 6-6, it's very unlikely that they make the playoffs in the loaded AFC, and it's my belief that Staley will get the axe if they miss out. If they are willing to pay up for Sean Payton, I think he will be the next coach for the Bolts.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject:

^So what do you do now if you are San Francisco?

You have one of the best teams in the NFC for sure, but down to your 3rd string QB.

Do you go with the 3rd stringer and just hope for the best or do you look around and see who else might be out there?

Baker Mayfield was just cut after putting up the 2nd worst QBR in a season in the modern era during his Carolina tenure so I don't think he is the answer.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out for the 49ers. The first guy I would call if I was John Lynch would be Ryan Fitzpatrick to gauge his potential interest.

As far as the Chargers, that is where coaches and super bowl dreams go to die. I think Payton would be an upgrade, but the Chargers are cursed and will never win a Super Bowl until such time as the Spanos family sells the team to remove the bad juju. I don't think even Payton could reverse the curse.

My hope is the team gets sold to some guy like Jeff Bezos or Larry Ellison and they move it back to San Diego where it belongs. Then and only then can they move past their wretched history and become a legit contender.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 175 of 335
Jump to: