“Was a pleasure 2 represent the Lakers in any type of Way” - Thank You PAT BEVERLY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forzaCOREA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:01 am    Post subject:

I'm surprised by a lot of the mixed responses. Ya'll soft, charmin soft.

I'm with Pat Bev all day everyday on this situation. You going to talk and stand over my boy? Ain't going to happen.

Sh!t like this will bring the team closer together too. At the same time look at the Suns, how you going to let a 6ft point guard throw down your starting center on his ass on national TV and no one throwing hands. Ayton ain't loved like that. He prob thinkin damn my boys don't got me.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:07 am    Post subject:

forzaCOREA wrote:

I'm with Pat Bev all day everyday on this situation. You going to talk and stand over my boy? Ain't going to happen.

Sh!t like this will bring the team closer together too. At the same time look at the Suns, how you going to let a 6ft point guard throw down your starting center on his ass on national TV and no one throwing hands. Ayton ain't loved like that. He prob thinkin damn my boys don't got me.

Beverly has always been a good teammate, hence why everyone raves about his locker room presence and leadership but he has been a huge disappointment with his play this season, and that can frustrate fans on how they view him.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:08 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Pat Bev is now 6/30 on catch and shoot threes to start the season. (20%). Lot of these wide open looks.

Sheeeesh!

It kills me when he misses a wide-open 3. Hopefully it's just a slump.

PnG uniform claims another victim.

Not really he shot 25% to the first two months last years and started low 30s in his clippers years too. He usually shoots well coke January
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:41 am    Post subject:

Of course it was a cheap shot. He will get suspended.

As a fan or teammate you live with it though. Suns were yet as much at fault for all the lead up all night. Booker got away with several elbows, pushes to the back on rebounds and chirping about it. Ayton should have gotten a tech on the previous play.

When the refs let games get out of control, stuff happens. Players get fed up and frustrations build up.

I was actually happy to see the refs review it and assess techs to both Booker and Ayton for their parts in the incident. Too bad the refs didn’t do their jobs before the Beverly cheap shot. It will cost him some games.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:24 am    Post subject:

forzaCOREA wrote:

I am in 100% agreement

Pat Beverly protected his teammate and he's sending a message you can't pull this crap thinking no one will do anything.

I think AD was tempted to shove Ayton himself but Pat did the job for him.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:50 am    Post subject:

If Beverley gets suspended, it would be 1 game at the most.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m fine with the push. He’s just not good at playing the game. Yes his rbs were gaudy but unimpressive when watching.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

You wanna stand up for your teammate?

Maybe try scooping him off the deck and actually physically standing dude up first instead of stepping over him to join the melee haha.

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1595283341179092992

I like the concept, it was just floor, uh poor execution imho
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:55 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately, "IT happens!" I'm just glad no one was injured.
Of course, Pat Bev was technically wrong, AGAIN, but Pat Bev was just doing what Pat Bev does. No one was shocked because you have to consider the source of the reaction.
Everybody in the league knows how he's wired, right or wrong, dude has no filter when it comes to this type of situation.

After the foul PHX was flexing but they forgot that Pat Beverley was in a Laker uniform.
It will cost him and the team in the short run but hopefully the team rallies behind this incident and gets more aggressive on both ends of the floor before we get "punked-out" of the playoffs simply because we didn't grow a pair.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:05 am    Post subject:

Austin is one of the quietest, most humble, non instigating players in the NBA who just play hard every night and goes home Of all people to stand over and stare down, and taunt..... Austin?

Nah Booker and Ayton were the punks here and Bev gave them what they deserved.

Wish Pat could hit his shots but no reason to call him a loser or a cancer.. that's moronic, imo.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:22 am    Post subject:

I've got mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand, the refs should have done something about the taunting, which would have nipped the whole thing in the bud. I can understand why Beverley reacted. On the other hand, Beverley is really lucky that Ayton didn't get hurt. It wasn't a hard hit, but Ayton had his feet tangled up in Reaves' legs and went down. Think about how we would feel if someone did that to Davis. People have suffered serious injuries from less than that.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject:

I think this was a carry over from the previous few plays. I think Bev would have went at him whether he was looking or not (unfortunately he wasn't looking). The Suns are a dirty team. Good looking out Bev.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject:

I’m with Bev. Suns are cocky punks that needed that check
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject:

I'm not a fan of Pat Bev the player, at all. But, Pat Bev, the teammate? Love him. I 100% stand behind his actions. no matter the consequences. You absolutely DO NOT let the opposing team stand over, and taunt, a fallen teammate. To do so would show the team doesn't have the backs of their teammates. Additionally, it would show the league that the Lakers can be punked.

Some of the Suns players are petulant, whiny prima-donna's. They love to dish it. But, when you start dishing it back, they cry foul. Makes them extremely dislikable. We'll see them, again. Hopefully with some more growth/maturity under our belt.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject:

forzaCOREA wrote:

If Beverley wasn’t total trash as a player, then his action would garner more respect from me.

But instead, he’s been a detriment to the team with his abysmal play on the court. So him just knocking or barking at players means absolute Jack (bleep). Because all it shows is that THAT is all he can do.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
I'm not a fan of Pat Bev the player, at all. But, Pat Bev, the teammate? Love him. I 100% stand behind his actions. no matter the consequences. You absolutely DO NOT let the opposing team stand over, and taunt, a fallen teammate. To do so would show the team doesn't have the backs of their teammates. Additionally, it would show the league that the Lakers can be punked.

Some of the Suns players are petulant, whiny prima-donna's. They love to dish it. But, when you start dishing it back, they cry foul. Makes them extremely dislikable. We'll see them, again. Hopefully with some more growth/maturity under our belt.

This!!! Man I'm so with you on this one. Booker got the flagrant and the refs took care of that but to have Ayton stand over Reeves like that...after the smack in the face which resulted in a flagrant? Nah Phoenix, you gotta answer for that. I wish Bev was playing better so that I can completely enjoy his presence on the team. We need that...sadly also need better production...but for this action I say good job Bev.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I've got mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand, the refs should have done something about the taunting, which would have nipped the whole thing in the bud. I can understand why Beverley reacted. On the other hand, Beverley is really lucky that Ayton didn't get hurt. It wasn't a hard hit, but Ayton had his feet tangled up in Reaves' legs and went down. Think about how we would feel if someone did that to Davis. People have suffered serious injuries from less than that.

I don't think AD would ever be standing over a hurt, prone player taunting him like that, but if he were, I wouldn't fault someone for knocking him over. I don't like Beverley, but I don't mind what he did. Ayton being twice his size also factors into it, if he hit a smaller guy like that, I might feel different about it.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:20 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Austin is one of the quietest, most humble, non instigating players in the NBA who just play hard every night and goes home Of all people to stand over and stare down, and taunt..... Austin?

Wish Pat could hit his shots but no reason to call him a loser or a cancer.. that's moronic, imo.

I played with and against a lot of guys like Austin. He’s always selling calls on both sides and the refs are always buying. Even when they’re the nicest, non trash talking guy, you HATE them when they’re on the other team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I would like to see Beverly play around 15 minutes a game. He is not good

Then why play him at all? He is only here because Pelinka tried covering up his mistake with THT’s contract. He is a borderline NBA player.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
I would like to see Beverly play around 15 minutes a game. He is not good

Then why play him at all? He is only here because Pelinka tried covering up his mistake with THT’s contract. He is a borderline NBA player.

He was signed because bron doesn’t play d and couldn’t get the guys to play it. Rob was tricked into thinking bev was anything more than an effort guy.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:37 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
2019 wrote:

I played with and against a lot of guys like Austin. He’s always selling calls on both sides and the refs are always buying. Even when they’re the nicest, non trash talking guy, you HATE them when they’re on the other team.

That's the impression I've gotten. It seemed like there was a lot of negative body English toward Reaves. It's a double-edged sword. Being a pest can be useful. But if a guy gets a reputation that way, the refs will quit blowing the whistle as much.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:56 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:

Nailed it. Love what Pat Bev did. Sticking up for a teammate, especially a guy like Reaves.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
2019 wrote:

That's the impression I've gotten. It seemed like there was a lot of negative body English toward Reaves. It's a double-edged sword. Being a pest can be useful. But if a guy gets a reputation that way, the refs will quit blowing the whistle as much.

I don't get that vibe from Austin. He isn't a flopper. Austin plays smart, scrappy defense. But, he's not dirty, and he doesn't exaggerate. There were at least two times where Booker went through Austin's chest with a lowered shoulder, and no-call. Despite that, Austin kept playing him tight on defense. And, that's the issue Booker had with him. Booker feels it's disrespectful for someone to actually make him play harder than he has too (especially a "nobody" like Austin). Like his famous complaint about getting double-teamed in a practice/pick-up game. That's where I believe the hard foul and taunting came from, with Booker. Ayton, however, is just freaking weird...
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject:

I don't mind him pushing DA
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject:

3 Game suspension for Beverley.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 27 of 31
Jump to: