NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 702, 703, 704 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ocho wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
As purely a construction of my own imagination, I've started to wonder if they may have eyes for LaVine. There's been a little trouble in paradise brewing with him and the Bulls, and he is Klutch. LA kid with the type of flash that helps sell tickets. The party you'd have to convince is obviously the Bulls, and we have maybe Russ, Christie, 2 firsts and maybe a swap to get something done in-year. Not sure that's enough.

I’ve suspected this for some time. I’d be okay with it, though I doubt that the Bulls would be interested unless it was a Davis trade.

If, and it’s a big if, the Bulls are ready to cut their losses…this is probably as good as they can do. You don’t get a blue chipper back, but it’s an instant undo off the LaVine extension and you get 2 unprotected picks. LaVine isn’t my kind of player, but I could see Chicago feeling pretty good about that deal. I don’t think it would make them much worse.

If you mean a Westbrook trade, I think they could do better than two distant picks and a huge expiring contract. I'm not a fan of LaVine, but he's an all-star in his prime.

Always tricky to try to handicap those kinds of things, beyond what could be in the range of a reasonable market offer. Then you get other factors like relationships between teams and other teams, players, agents, etc. It's all internet conjecture anyway, so we can make up some of the rules . Doesn't Jerry Reinsdorf's son, Michael, basically run the team? If that's the case, he might feel more secure in making a move for distant 1sts if he believes they could strike gold. His father never minded saving a little money either.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Balto wrote:
Question...We need shooting!

What would it cost to trade for Kyrie, Curry and Joe Harris from the Nets?

Reports are they want to trade Kyrie AND get out from under Harris's contract.

Would WB+PBev+Nunn+1 1st be enough to get all three?

Thoughts? This would greatly improve our overall shooting. Shooting is exactly why we lost last night!

I have no idea what the Nets will do. I have doubts whether the Lakers would take either Irving or Harris at this point.

The only thing I am pretty sure of is that the Nets won't simply toss Curry into a deal for nothing.

Thats why I suggested to also add in one of our first round picks.

So you think the nets would trade Irving and Harris for expiring contracts and nothing else? And then they would trade Curry for a first round pick? I don't see that happening
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
So you think the nets would trade Irving and Harris for expiring contracts and nothing else? And then they would trade Curry for a first round pick? I don't see that happening

nothing in this thread is happening, lol
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:02 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
activeverb wrote:

lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
activeverb wrote:

This thread is where dreams are made. Laker fans' wet dreams.
MagicMamba88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1595592894450106369
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:46 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Remember guys. If we're sending out Russ in a trade with our two frps, then we're not really trading 2 frps for a player. It's only one frp. The other frp is the cost of taking on Russ. I doubt Lavine is worth one frp.

As crazy as it sounds, Turner holds more value then LaVine right now, his team is winning and he has been shooting with some nice efficiency this year and the Clippers are aggressively trying to get Turner which is a big nightmare scenario for us.

I think you are being a prisoner of the moment and a prisoner of Internet rumors.

You don’t trust emplay?

I virtually never read his stuff, so I have no idea what he said on this particular topic. But, no, I don't particular "trust" his opinions or value them highly. Most of the pieces of his I have seen were just lazy rewrites of other people's material or random speculation. It often seemed he was a couple of days behind stuff that was being talked about on LG. To me, he's just another Internet blogger, filling space.

But, like I said, it's probably been months since I bothered looking at anything he's produced, so maybe he has improved.

Whatever info I have or others on the board have Emplay probably has more than most. I've seen him in interviews with the media and he is a part of B/R. I don't know how much more info he has but I consider him to be one of us. I don't always agree but I find his consolidation of information to be entertaining and well thought out. Check out his stuff. I know everything isn't for everybody but if he posts something I'm going to read it.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:54 pm    Post subject:

MagicMamba88 wrote:

That was nasty.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:10 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
MagicMamba88 wrote:

That was nasty.

+ 7/9 from the arc & 4 steals…but more importantly it’s who noticed!

https://i.redd.it/utizu0amnu1a1.jpg

Say it with me fam: a true starting center moves AD to the wing.
#ScaryTouwrs
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Gonna be sweet when we sign Myles as a free agent this summer.

Quote:

Beyond adding a versatile defensive wing in Crowder, competing executives believe the Warriors covet additional size in a player like Jakob Poeltl of the San Antonio Spurs or Myles Turner of the Indiana Pacers

So if GS resigned either of those centers, would their tax bill just be a billion or so
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Assuming we keep the cap space this summer, anybody interested in Jerami Grant? He'll be a free agent, is 6'8 and can play the 3 and 4, can shoot and defend. I remember there was some talk about pairing him with AD and Lebron after the 2020 season, I think he would be a good fit with those two.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Remember guys. If we're sending out Russ in a trade with our two frps, then we're not really trading 2 frps for a player. It's only one frp. The other frp is the cost of taking on Russ. I doubt Lavine is worth one frp.

As crazy as it sounds, Turner holds more value then LaVine right now, his team is winning and he has been shooting with some nice efficiency this year and the Clippers are aggressively trying to get Turner which is a big nightmare scenario for us.

I think you are being a prisoner of the moment and a prisoner of Internet rumors.

You don’t trust emplay?

I virtually never read his stuff, so I have no idea what he said on this particular topic. But, no, I don't particular "trust" his opinions or value them highly. Most of the pieces of his I have seen were just lazy rewrites of other people's material or random speculation. It often seemed he was a couple of days behind stuff that was being talked about on LG. To me, he's just another Internet blogger, filling space.

But, like I said, it's probably been months since I bothered looking at anything he's produced, so maybe he has improved.

Whatever info I have or others on the board have Emplay probably has more than most. I've seen him in interviews with the media and he is a part of B/R. I don't know how much more info he has but I consider him to be one of us. I don't always agree but I find his consolidation of information to be entertaining and well thought out. Check out his stuff. I know everything isn't for everybody but if he posts something I'm going to read it.

I know Pincus used to be a frequent LG poster, and for that reason a lot of LGers seem to have a puppy-dog-like affection for him. I get why people would like him for that reason. I don't think he offers much as a reporter or basketball commentator.

If you want to see a straightforward consolidation of information which has already been widely reported, he's OK -- that seems to be all he does. The trouble for me is he just consolidates information I heard about days or weeks ago while adding nothing significant. When he tries to add opinions to his stuff, he just seems to regurgitate the conventional wisdom that's going around at the time.

He seems like the other side of the coin from Stephen A. Smith. Neither of them ever has any real information to provide. Smith provides his non-information with a bulging-eye frenzy, while Pincus provides his non-information with a superficial evenhanded journalistic gloss.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Gonna be sweet when we sign Myles as a free agent this summer.

Quote:

Beyond adding a versatile defensive wing in Crowder, competing executives believe the Warriors covet additional size in a player like Jakob Poeltl of the San Antonio Spurs or Myles Turner of the Indiana Pacers

So if GS resigned either of those centers, would their tax bill just be a billion or so

Live look at Lacob…

https://giphy.com/gifs/producthunt-dr-evil-dollar-shave-club-26BRwW3ckGjcZmsxO

As for Myles, he could feel slighted that we didn’t trade for him like that other Indy dude & then ghost us next summer. That seems more on brand.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
2019 wrote:
This team is showing signs of life. Not saying we will win the title but we're only 4 games out of 1st, have had pretty rough schedules to start, and having been dealing with a number of injuries all while being a completely new team with a 1st year HC.

I think AD is playing well enough to commit to going for it this season. Get the man some more help and balance this roster.

____, Bryant
AD, _____
LeBron, Brown Jr
Walker, _____
Reaves, Russ, Dennis

IMO that would be the ideal 11 man rotation although Russ could easily be replaced with Dennis if it could plug the other holes/open slots I left open. I mean, I can live with Russ but I could also be happy to see the plug puled.
Turner just feels like the perfect fit for AD and Ham. His shooting ability/range lets AD play inside and dominate like he has been - perhaps even more so. Having an all out defender like Mattise Thybulel would also bee a major pick up. Someone you can stick on guys like Booker when they just get it going. If Russ can land you Hield and Turner while only giving up one pick, even better although I think there are ways to drastically improve without moving Russ and paying the price teams are seeking for taking on his deal.

It seems that Reeves has earned a spot in the starting rotation...but as much as we'd like to see it, the reality seems to make more sense if the rotation has Schroeder to start at PG with WB as the back-up...we can't realistically think either Schroeder or WB would be the 3rd PG behind Reeves as starting PG so it's more likely that Reeves would be the back-up SG.

Turner, Bryant
AD, Gabriel
LeBron, Brown Jr
Walker, Reeves
Dennis, Russ

This roster does assume the trade of Bev/Nunn/FRP(2ndRP if necessary) for Turner.

Jones/JTA/Ryan/Christie

I mean, it's totally plausible that Indy at this point doesn't want to trade Turner but I also think it's totally plausible that we sign him into cap space this summer.

I went back n forth listing out Dennis versus Austin starting also. In the end, I'd start Austin but I understand why you'd want him off the bench.

Either way, I think there is ways to improve this team in a meaningful way. Bryant, Dennis, Walker, Reaves, Walker, Gabriel, and Russ (as a 6th man) are proving to be a quality group around AD/LeBron. Guess I'm fine Bev in a bull dog 3rd pg role. And JTA is fine as end of rotation/bench. But Jones and Nunn have been awful and Bev is a nice size expiring K.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:15 pm    Post subject:

OT but...

Tatum right now is looking like a top 5 NBA player.

30 ppg 7.6 rebs, 4.6 assists at 24 years old.

Just for fun.

Kobe at 24

30 ppg 7 rebs, 6 assists per game.

Lonzo over Tatum. Ouch.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:24 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
OT but...

Just for fun.

Kobe at 24

Lonzo over Tatum. Ouch.

Tatum is a great player don’t get me wrong but it’s unfair to criticize Lonzo as if he has played enough games to prove that he’s also a superstar talent, his injury issues will likely make him never reach his potential, the Celtics got the lucky bounce, maybe someday the same will happen to us.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
OT but...

Just for fun.

Kobe at 24

Lonzo over Tatum. Ouch.

Tatum is a great player don’t get me wrong but it’s unfair to criticize Lonzo as if he has played enough games to prove that he’s also a superstar talent, his injury issues will likely make him never reach his potential, the Celtics got the lucky bounce, maybe someday the same will happen to us.

What lucky bounce? Tatum was 3rd pick and Lonzo was 2nd. Magic was so enamored with Lonzo and offering him 2nd workouts to make up for his first trash one that Ainge took notice and traded down.

We actually got quite the lucky bounces year after year in the lotto.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
OT but...

Just for fun.

Kobe at 24

Lonzo over Tatum. Ouch.

30 ppg, 7 Reb, 6 APG would translate to near 40 ppg triple double in today’s nba.
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
OT but...

Just for fun.

Kobe at 24

Lonzo over Tatum. Ouch.

Cool, so a healthy Lonzo is still NOT as good as Tatum
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
OT but...

Just for fun.

Kobe at 24

Lonzo over Tatum. Ouch.

30 ppg, 7 Reb, 6 APG would translate to near 40 ppg triple double in today’s nba.

Yup Kobe would have been obliterating defenses today.

Props to Tatum though. The kid is balling
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
OT but...

Just for fun.

Kobe at 24

Lonzo over Tatum. Ouch.

A healthy Lonzo would have made the Bulls much better then what they are right now, he’s a Impact player when he’s on the floor unfortunately he gets injured and probably won’t ever be the player people expected him to be.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject:

MagicMamba88 wrote:

Did he allow Gobert to get 21? Or was he guarding Kat?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
OT but...

Just for fun.

Kobe at 24

Lonzo over Tatum. Ouch.

A healthy Lonzo would have made the Bulls much better then what they are right now, he’s a Impact player when he’s on the floor unfortunately he gets injured and probably won’t ever be the player people expected him to be.

Stop.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerFan1987 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
OT but...

Just for fun.

Kobe at 24

Lonzo over Tatum. Ouch.

Stop.

So his expectations weren’t high?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lonzo is in his fifth year in the league. He is a journeyman player who is probably in the bottom third of NBA starting point guards. He is just about to enter the traditional peak period for an NBA guard.

We're well past the time of talking about his "potential" or evaluating him based on guesses of what he could have been like in different circumstances. We're past the point where anyone buys attempts to spin his accomplishments or spin his lack of accomplishments.

He is what he is.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 702, 703, 704 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next
Page 703 of 2546
Jump to: