OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 203, 204, 205 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Nepotism: the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:03 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Nepotism: the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

...with bonuses and raises even tho they are performing unimaginably bad.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
This bum thought changing coach but keeping the same trash roster will give better results

Clueless

The saddest part is that its not the same trash roster... it's a completely new trash roster. Dude has no idea what he's doing
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
This bum thought changing coach but keeping the same trash roster will give better results

Clueless

The saddest part is that its not the same trash roster... it's a completely new trash roster. Dude has no idea what he's doing

The real trash here is Rob.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:43 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

...with bonuses and raises even tho they are performing unimaginably bad.

That’s why Rob wanted his extension to be kept a secret. He knew he didn’t deserve it.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject:

The more I think about the job Rob is doing the more it makes me sick. Think about this:

He made the right decision on Nunn's contract with two years on the tpMLE even tho it appears as if it isn't working out due to the way Nunn is looking and...

He made the right decision on Jones' contract with two years vet min even tho it appears as if it isn't working out due to the way Jones is looking but...

He made the wrong decision for Walker's tpMLE as it is only for one year so we likely won't get to have him next year at the salary he is on now and...

He made the wrong decision on Reeves' vet min as it is for one year so he is likely to be next year's Carouso, losing Reeves to a higher bidder and...

He made the wrong decision on Troy Brown's vet min as it is for one year so he is likely to be next year's Monk, losing him to a higher bidder.

Rob should have locked up Troy Brown, Austin Reeves, and Lonnie Walker for an extra year like he did with Damien Jones and Kendrick Nunn but akin to Pelinka's incompetence the Lakers have/had a useless Nunn (the second year for him is this year) and Jones for two years but don't have useful Reeves/TBjr/Walker for an extra year. The team is unlikely to retain all three but should have had all three locked in for next year at bargain prices. I know it seems like hindsight but it was done for Nunn/Jones so it should have been done for Walker/Reeves/TBjr...with a halfway decent GM that is.

I don't think Bryant/Shroeder would have accepted a two-year vet min since they have had seasons that could indicate that they could get a higher payday with just one year but the circumstances are different with Waker/Reeves/TBjr.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Five from Lebron to Rob after the nice win over the Bucks.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Still part of
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:50 am    Post subject:

Make the trade, Rob!!!! Don't waste a season of healthy AD
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Man..there's a reason why most of the players he signed last season aren't on a team this season. This guy can't scout for (bleep).
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:16 pm    Post subject:

NBA Fans React To Rui Hachimura Trade To Lakers: "Very Rare Pelinka W"
https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/nba_fans_react_to_rui_hachimura_trade_to_lakers_very_rare_pelinka_w/s1_16751_38385465

Kudos ! Rob P. made fairly good trade this time. Rui is a great fit in LA. I'm sure the Wiz have definite plans for Nunn too. So it's a win-win situation for all parties involved.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Great GM in New Port, imo.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
The more I think about the job Rob is doing the more it makes me sick. Think about this:

He made the right decision on Nunn's contract with two years on the tpMLE even tho it appears as if it isn't working out due to the way Nunn is looking and...

He made the right decision on Jones' contract with two years vet min even tho it appears as if it isn't working out due to the way Jones is looking but...

He made the wrong decision for Walker's tpMLE as it is only for one year so we likely won't get to have him next year at the salary he is on now and...

He made the wrong decision on Reeves' vet min as it is for one year so he is likely to be next year's Carouso, losing Reeves to a higher bidder and...

He made the wrong decision on Troy Brown's vet min as it is for one year so he is likely to be next year's Monk, losing him to a higher bidder.

Rob should have locked up Troy Brown, Austin Reeves, and Lonnie Walker for an extra year like he did with Damien Jones and Kendrick Nunn but akin to Pelinka's incompetence the Lakers have/had a useless Nunn (the second year for him is this year) and Jones for two years but don't have useful Reeves/TBjr/Walker for an extra year. The team is unlikely to retain all three but should have had all three locked in for next year at bargain prices. I know it seems like hindsight but it was done for Nunn/Jones so it should have been done for Walker/Reeves/TBjr...with a halfway decent GM that is.

I don't think Bryant/Shroeder would have accepted a two-year vet min since they have had seasons that could indicate that they could get a higher payday with just one year but the circumstances are different with Waker/Reeves/TBjr.

Brings up an interesting question. Would Brown and Walker have agreed to a two year contract?

If this was a deal breaker, my guess is Brown would have turned it down. He's good enough that some team would have offered him a minimum contract. He made $5 million in the last year of his previous contract so he's obviously hoping to get back to a higher level than just the NBA minimum. There's really no advantage to him to locking in a second year at the minimum.

I'm not sure what Walker would have done.

But I wouldn't just assume that Rob had the ability to get a longer contract from these guys. Maybe yes, maybe no. (Maybe he did try and they declined.) At a minimum, I think we need to remember that Rob can't unilaterally impose any terms he wants on free agents.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Darius Soriano
@forumbluegold

Random thing about the Rui trade...

Part of the draft compensation the Lakers included to get Rui were picks that were previously owned by Washington but were sent to the Lakers as part of the Russ trade.

Both the 2023 Bulls pick and the 2028 WAS 2nd rounder came to LA w/ Russ.
---
The Lakers then traded the "better of their own 2028 2nd rounder and the Wizards 2028 2nd rounder" to the Orlando Magic in last year's draft for...Max Christie. After the Rui trade, the lesser of those picks will now go to Washington for Rui.
---
So, the updated tally from the Russ trade:

Lakers give up: Kuz, KCP, Trez, 2021 1st rounder (#22 overall), & a 2028 2nd rounder

Lakers get: Russ, Rui, Max Christie, 2024 2nd rounder

I know the Russ trade will always be controversial, but today's deal balances things some.

Interesting.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:27 pm    Post subject:

How will Rob handle trading LeBron next summer? Probably grill bungle that up too.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:08 am    Post subject:

If we make no moves at the trade deadline, should/will Pelinka be fired and when would you do it?
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:35 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
If we make no moves at the trade deadline, should/will Pelinka be fired and when would you do it?

Smart move would be to blow it all up.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:47 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:

No. Keep draft picks, keep Russ until summer, get his money off the books. See if AD stays healthy and fully performs now until then. Evaluate Rui, Walker. See what things look like then for next years. Although the championship contending teams list is small and no one looks that intimidating (compared to some other seasons with powerhouses sometimes) in the West or the East (although Milwaukee is impressive and Denver, Warriors and the Clippers is potentially going to be), there is very little apparently that could actually be done with our roster to trade our way to significant championship contending status, or even to just get to the Finals. Giving better, deeper teams a tough underdoggy tough playoff series is not worth it.
Mainly, offseason is April 9. Not far away, patience is better.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Good stuff, Rob! Good stuff!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:26 pm    Post subject:

ROB WAS RIGHT TO WAIT ALL ALONG!!
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Pelinka showed how smart and patient FO's make real moves. Move in silence, and make things happen. Give the man his props. Same goes to Jeanie for empowering him to do the smart deals, while turning down the ones she felt didn't help enough (Hield/Turner).
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Incredible trade. Big props to Rob
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Rob Pelinka, you da man! Thanks for giving our Lakers a chance at #18. I'll try not to doubt you or Linda Rambis ever again.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Good job, Rob.

I like the fact all these new additions (Rui, Beas, Vando, DLo) are 26 and under.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Rob is a good GM. The biggest mistakes: Brick, THT over Caruso, hiring Ham….were all bc of pressure from LeGM / Klutch
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 203, 204, 205 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 204 of 243
Jump to: