California Fast Food Worker To Lose Eye After Customer Attack at the Habit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:18 am    Post subject: California Fast Food Worker To Lose Eye After Customer Attack at the Habit

Quote:
Fast food worker, 19, loses eye protecting special needs boy from bully

A brave 19-year-old fast food worker from the Bay Area lost her eye after she tried to stop a man from bullying a special needs boy.

Bianca Palomera was working at Habit Burger Grill in Antioch, California on Nov. 12 when she noticed four men harassing a special needs boy — the brother of one of her coworkers who was waiting until their shift ended, KNTV reported.

She claimed she decided to intervene and approached one of the men and told him to stop.

“He was throwing threats and slurs saying that he was going to ‘beat him up,’ ‘why does he keep looking his way?’ That’s when I step in and I said, ‘It’s not right what you’re doing,’” Palomera told the outlet.

The man, with his attention now turned to Palomera, punched her in the face, surveillance footage of the attack shared by her sister shows.

A brawl ensued with multiple customers getting involved. Palomera managed to free herself from the man, who then fled the store with the three others he arrived with and sped off in a silver BMW, according to KNTV. Her sister said they appeared to be between 16 and 21 years old.

“He punched me once, and my headset and my glasses went flying off my face,” Palomera said.

The attack landed Palomera in the hospital where she learned that she would lose her right eye.

“As a result of the attack she was rushed to a nearby trauma center where she underwent emergency surgery,” Bianca’s sister, Erika, wrote in a Facebook post. “Unfortunately, she sustained irreversible injuries that cost her losing her right eye completely.”

The family has launched a GoFundMe to help cover her medical costs. As of early Sunday morning, nearly $100,000 has been donated.

The Antioch Police Department said that it is investigating the incident but no arrests have been made.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/20/california-fast-food-worker-bianca-palomera-loses-eye-protecting-special-needs-boy-from-bully/

Quote:
Police arrest suspect in attack on worker who lost eye

Antioch police arrested 20-year-old Isaac White-Carter and charged him with mayhem and aggravated assault causing great bodily injury in connection to an assault that cost a fast-food worker her eye.(Antioch Police Department)

Isaac White-Carter, of San Francisco, was arrested in nearby Hayward and could face felony charges including mayhem and aggravated assault, the statement said. It wasn’t immediately known if White-Carter has an attorney who could speak on his behalf.

The victim, 19-year-old Antioch resident Bianca Palomera, underwent surgeries and was given a prosthetic eye, officials and her family said.

Antioch Mayor Lamar Thorpe said he would call a special meeting on Dec. 13 to bestow the key to the city to Palomera for her “heroic efforts” in defending the boy.

Bianca was doing nothing more than standing up for a kid who had special needs,” the mayor said in a Facebook video. “In my book, Bianca is a hero.”

https://www.kktv.com/2022/12/06/police-arrest-suspect-attack-worker-who-lost-eye/

Video:
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:38 am    Post subject:

Mercy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:46 am    Post subject:

Google is swift. I believe this is the attacker. The young lady lost an eye, he'll probably lose his freedom. I don't usually wish ill will on anyone. I hope he also loses his virginity. IMO it's cowardly to hit a woman.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: