Jeremy Renner in critical but stable condition after snow plowing accident

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:15 am    Post subject: Jeremy Renner in critical but stable condition after snow plowing accident

Quote:
New details are emerging with TMZ reporting that Mr Renner was ploughing the road around a quarter mile from his Nevada home to get his family out after a snowstorm on New Year’s Eve.

The plough, a Snowcat, accidentally ran over one of the actor’s legs, despite a large array of safety features, leading to major blood loss, a neighbour said according to the outlet.

Another neighbour, a doctor, put a tourniquet on Mr Renner’s legs until the arrival of paramedics. Police arrived at the scene around 8pm on Sunday night, impounding the Snowcat, which the actor has shown himself using on social media.

Quote:
A source close to Jeremy tells us his injuries are "extensive" -- along with his leg, other parts of his body have been injured.

Quote:
We're told the area was treated like an active crime scene ... with police arriving at 8 PM to impound the Snowcat, which Jeremy's previously posted video of himself using on his property after snowstorms. The issue, we're told, is the machine has extensive safety features, and should not have rolled over Jeremy.

TMZ: https://www.tmz.com/2023/01/02/jeremy-renner-new-video-airlift-snowplow-accident-critical-condition-hospital/
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:19 pm    Post subject:

The tourniquet part of it makes me think he's losing the leg at a minimum...Since there hasn't been any additional updates to his condition, hopefully he's able to get through it.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:25 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
The tourniquet part of it makes me think he's losing the leg at a minimum...Since there hasn't been any additional updates to his condition, hopefully he's able to get through it.

Per my staying at Holiday Inn and watching "Trauma: Life In The E.R." reruns for years, I'm gonna say it's entirely dependent on the severity of the injury. That sounds "no duh", but there are gradations to everything. That show had some sh that you'd never believe lest it was filmed, a tree trimmer fell on a branch and it went up his arse all the way to his heart and he survived. Branch was at least 3 inches in diameter, too, so ouch. The docs were coming in to gawk at the patient w/ a branch sticking out of his culo, but still. Miracles happen. They had to open his stomach and cut the branch in pieces w/ a skull saw because they couldn't just yank it out. I remember another where they pulled two 8 inch kitchen knives out of a dude's torso and he survived (suicide attempt, bad luck for the guy). He punched both into his belly full-length. We're talking full chef's knife and a serrated bread knife, both loooong. The ER people were sayin wowz on that one. They had more than one person who got shot in the skull and the bullet ricocheted off their fat scalps. Ya truly never know.

He's rich, so he's gonna get good care, but I dunno how much of his issue was laceration and/or orthopedic. Makes me wonder why they opted for a tourniquet. What was severed is a big deal, femoral artery? Could've been a bone shard cutting into vessels. He's gonna probably have nerve damage and other complications. Could be a nasty compound break, to boot. Compartment syndrome can happen after orthopedic injuries. He's healthy, so that'll aid his recovery, too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: