Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1263, 1264, 1265 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:26 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Polarbear"]
Halflife wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
AD << Fisher, LO, Fox, if we are being honest

Spend some time in nature today. Whether it’s a hike, a leisurely walk, or even just sitting by a lake. Anything for some fresh air.

Comparing an MVP caliber player to a guy who was inferior to Van Exel - Fisher, LO who was only all star caliber the year he won 6th man of the year and a guy who never threatened to make an all star team whether in LA or Boston in Fox. You offer prime LO, Fox and Fisher for AD and u get laughed out of the room

It’s not about better player. As I noted, I think, it’s about better lakers. Davis claim to fame is an asterisk bubble and missing a ton of games.[/quot

There is no such thing as an Asterisk next to a championship

I guess but it is the only championship that is always prefaced with “bubble” so it’s clearly not the same
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
As for the HOF i would struggle to vote for a player who averages 57 games a season over a 10+ year career. I know there are some in the Hall that fit that criteria but I don’t agree with them being there.

Ralph Sampson got into the Hall of Fame, and if I'm not mistaken he had even worse injury problems than AD has had. Sampson played 456 games in nine seasons, which is also worse than AD, and his stats were also inferior to AD's stats.

If AD's career ended today you'd have to put him into the HOF, and maybe on the first attempt too.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:57 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
As for the HOF i would struggle to vote for a player who averages 57 games a season over a 10+ year career. I know there are some in the Hall that fit that criteria but I don’t agree with them being there.

Ralph Sampson got into the Hall of Fame, and if I'm not mistaken he had even worse injury problems than AD has had. Sampson played 456 games in nine seasons, which is also worse than AD, and his stats were also inferior to AD's stats.

If AD's career ended today you'd have to put him into the HOF, and maybe on the first attempt too.

Bill Walton.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:08 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
slavavov wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Bill Walton.

Great example, going by JVG and VLF's logic Walton shouldn't be in the HOF because he was healthy for only, what, two seasons? But I've heard when he was healthy he was a perfect fundamentally sound center.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:13 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Great example, going by JVG and VLF's logic Walton shouldn't be in the HOF because he was healthy for only, what, two seasons? But I've heard when he was healthy he was a perfect fundamentally sound center.

Yeah that's a good example. He's probably the most extreme case. Because at his best he was both a League and Finals MVP, a great outlet passer, and a guy who averaged 18.6 points, a league leading 14.4 rebounds, 3.8 assists, a league leading 3.2 blocks, and a steal.

On the downside he only averaged playing in 33 games per season, over a 14 year career. He missed a full season four times. And only made two All-Star games due to the injuries.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

A bitter pelicans fan, a team from where ad asked out and a clipper fan who hated Lakers? Lol
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
9 minutes agoDavis is scheduled to take a significant step forward in his recovery from a stress injury to his right foot by taking the court for an individual workout within the next few days, Chris Haynes of BleacherReport.com reports

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:10 am    Post subject:

Back to the Lakers this season, I've found TBryant to be playing extremely well in AD's role at the 5. Not sure what we have planned, but with Dennis doing well again as a Laker starter, really wonder if AD comes back what happens.

This team to me has shown that they aren't maxing the impact of AD/Bron. Not even close. Our record with AD out, has been just as good with him in it. That's an issue for me, as I think AD is an elite talent and should be able to open the floor even more for players like TBryant and Dennis (and Reaves). Earlier in the season when AD was beasting, we didn't have TBryant and Dennis as starters playing well. Now they are.

Hoping we see that TBryant and Dennis should be locks as starters and Reaves should be that 3rd starter (or maybe sometimes Brown or Bev match up based) around AD/Lebron. Bryant/AD/Bron/Reaves/Dennis. That team should get into the play ins and may be able to win through the play ins to set up a 1st round playoff series. Ideally you move WB at the trade deadline for some more wing helo and size, even if it costs you one protected 1st round pick. Got to give this season some sort of chance at making a playoff run. We're not good enough to win a title, but we shouldn't be that bad that we don't make a real run at the play ins games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:31 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

No, I wouldn’t vote for either to be in the HOF. But since it has become a participation trophy, it will probably happen.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:58 am    Post subject:

we can all agree that there are probably players in the Hall that we would disagree with. JVG said as of now. I agree, but he should have a few more years where he can solidify it.

As said by some the HOF is basically a participation trophy, unlike other major sports leagues.

He 100% does not deserve to be elevated to the rafters.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
slavavov wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

No, I wouldn’t vote for either to be in the HOF. But since it has become a participation trophy, it will probably happen.

Even with the injury issues, AD is a no-brainer Hall of Famer: 8 all-star, 4 all-defensive teams, top 4 MVP voting three times, 24-10 career average. According to Basketball Reference, he has a 98.5% probability. I can't see how anyone can seriously argue against him and maintain a straight face.

Sampson is a different category. I can only think he made it to the Hall based on his college career. He certainly doesn't merit it based on his pro career.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:06 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
slavavov wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Even with the injury issues, AD is a no-brainer Hall of Famer: 8 all-star, 4 all-defensive teams, top 4 MVP voting three times, 24-10 career average. According to Basketball Reference, he has a 98.5% probability. I can't see how anyone can seriously argue against him and maintain a straight face.

Sampson is a different category. I can only think he made it to the Hall based on his college career. He certainly doesn't merit it based on his pro career.

if that's the case then he should be wearing a pelicans jersey when inducted.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
slavavov wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Considering Davis is about halfway through his career... you are a certified hater.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:35 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

And that is why he will likely get in. Everything you posted except for the 24-10 average is based on popularity voting. The Hall is based on the same thing. I respect the play on the court when AD does manage to suit up but don’t really care about what sports writers think.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:41 am    Post subject:

If we keep winning games without AD, then we should just rest him until the playoffs. The less on-court action he sees, the less chance he gets of getting injured. Maybe bring him back 10 games before the playoffs to get him acclimated.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
If we keep winning games without AD, then we should just rest him until the playoffs. The less on-court action he sees, the less chance he gets of getting injured. Maybe bring him back 10 games before the playoffs to get him acclimated.

Like we did in 2021?
Unfortunately he got hurt against Phoenix.
Hopefully he comes back post all-star game and dominates up and through the playoffs this time.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:55 am    Post subject:

Quote:
McMenamin: The pain in Anthony Davis' right foot continues to subside and the Los Angeles Lakers' star plans to begin the ramp up process to return to play when the team returns to L.A. this week, league sources told ESPN.

Davis missed his 12th straight game on Saturday -- a 136-134 win for the Lakers over the Sacramento Kings - because of a bone spur fractured off the navicular bone in his right foot, as well as a stress reaction.

The Lakers have won a season-best five straight games without him, going 7-5 overall heading into Monday's game against the Nuggets, wrapping up a two-game road trip.

Davis' injury occurred the last time L.A. played the Nuggets on Dec. 16 when he felt a sharp pain in his right foot after his lower leg made contact with Denver's Nikola Jokic when the two were matched up in the paint.

Since then, Davis has been limited to spot shooting thus far, sources said, in his on-court work beyond rehabilitating the foot, some 3 ½ weeks after the injury occurred.

The ramp up process will involve aquatic pool workouts and running on an altered-gravity treadmill to keep the big man's full weight off his foot while it continues to heal, sources said.

There is optimism within the Lakers that the ramp up process could only take a couple weeks before Davis could start penciling a potential return to game action, sources told ESPN.

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:57 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
McMenamin: The pain in Anthony Davis' right foot continues to subside and the Los Angeles Lakers' star plans to begin the ramp up process to return to play when the team returns to L.A. this week, league sources told ESPN.

Davis missed his 12th straight game on Saturday -- a 136-134 win for the Lakers over the Sacramento Kings - because of a bone spur fractured off the navicular bone in his right foot, as well as a stress reaction.

The Lakers have won a season-best five straight games without him, going 7-5 overall heading into Monday's game against the Nuggets, wrapping up a two-game road trip.

Davis' injury occurred the last time L.A. played the Nuggets on Dec. 16 when he felt a sharp pain in his right foot after his lower leg made contact with Denver's Nikola Jokic when the two were matched up in the paint.

Since then, Davis has been limited to spot shooting thus far, sources said, in his on-court work beyond rehabilitating the foot, some 3 ½ weeks after the injury occurred.

The ramp up process will involve aquatic pool workouts and running on an altered-gravity treadmill to keep the big man's full weight off his foot while it continues to heal, sources said.

There is optimism within the Lakers that the ramp up process could only take a couple weeks before Davis could start penciling a potential return to game action, sources told ESPN.

Get healthy! Lakers need you for the playoff run.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:09 am    Post subject:

Good News.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:23 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:

If the ramp up process begins this week as McMenamin reports, it's possible that AD could return for the Celtics game on January 28th. Would be nice.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Darvin Ham confirms that Anthony Davis’ ramp-up begins tomorrow when the team returns to LA. @mcten reported earlier today.

Confirmation from Ham.
Please let AD be 100% throughout the playoffs!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
slavavov wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Considering Davis is about halfway through his career... you are a certified hater.

It's kind of a silly argument really.. AD is 100% going to be in the Hall Of Fame already and is clearly not done with his Career yet. Everyone can disagree and make there own personal opinions but it's irrelevant to what's going to happen in real life. I do agree they are a little too lax on who they let in but I doubt that's changing anytime soon.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:07 pm    Post subject:

My hope is that the pool exercise and other training methods he does gives him a chance to come back ahead of schedule so instead of returning against the Celtics on the road trip he comes back a little bit sooner
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:14 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Per Goon

Darvin Ham said Anthony Davis was on the court a bit today. Did not say Davis is necessarily close to returning yet, but that he’s “trending in the right direction.”

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1614354088661233664?s=46&t=xsZm-rxzjs4E6VoIZK9ViA
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:35 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Halflife wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
danzag wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Jvg said if ADs career ended today he’s not sure he’s a HOFer

lol

It's just classic media talk to get a reaction.

The better question is whether or not the Lakers will retire his jersey.

no way. not if it ended today. he does not (neither does bron) belong next to those other jerseys. That is actually sacred unlike the HOF

Gasol is having his jersey retired in March. He did win 2 titles with us though. And was on the team for 6 years. I don't know the history of the old timers, but Gasol seems like the closest comp.

Wilt played for the Lakers for 5 years IIRC and won 1 title. AD is on his 4th season right now, so probably a solid comp there. Who knows what will happen, but it's possible AD plays with the Lakers another few years at least.
Youre talking about an icon. AD IIRC has missed what equates to an entire season. I literally forget sometimes he's on the team.

Yes, Wilt is an icon, but you don't need icon status to make it to the rafters. The Lakers certainly have the highest bar to clear in the league (HOF only), but players like Wilkes have made it. Wilkes was an amazing player, no doubt, but only a 3x All-Star and certainly not an icon. AD is on the NBA's Top 75 and may eventually catch up to Wilkes' 9 years with the Lakers.

Yeah, there isn't any official criteria for the Lakers retiring a jersey. There is a simply a tradition that we only retire Hall of Famers.

If Jeanie chose to, she could change that and retire Michael Cooper, AC Green, and other non-Hall of Famers tomorrow. And I'd argue that some of the people hanging in the rafters are less deserving than some of the people who were left out, but that's just the way the Lakers roll.

As far as AD, I think the odds of his jersey being retired is pretty good, even with all the injuries. He's definitely going to be a Hall of Famer and he was the #2 on a ring team. I'd confidently put down money on his chases.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1263, 1264, 1265 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1264 of 1425
Jump to: