THOMAS BRYANT is Back with Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:57 pm    Post subject:

extend him.
do it Mitch!
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:48 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't hide from keeping Bryant and trading AD...
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:30 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
I wouldn't hide from keeping Bryant and trading AD...

Just insanity

We finally find a big that we can play behind Anthony Davis, or with him on the court at the same time for that matter, and we look to trade away talent
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:16 am    Post subject:

AD is obviously a better player than Bryant, but if he's hurt all the time and you can flip him for a talented defensive wing or two and some picks, trading him is not as crazy as it sounds.

AD vs Bryant

If you look at per 36 numbers, Bryant is a more efficient scorer with better range, they rebound at the same rate... but one player is a quarter of the price and if you get some good 3 and D guys or prospects then personally I'd do it.

It will never happen while Klutch is around unless AD or Bron request a trade, but it's not a crazy idea if you look at the math and consider AD's foot is still a big question mark. The key is whether you get fair value in a trade.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Thomas Bryant is helping Lakers stay afloat without Anthony Davis
The sixth-year center has stepped up in the absence of his superstar teammate.
Quote:
Bryant is averaging 16.9 points (70.1 percent true shooting) and 10.5 rebounds during the 13 games Davis has missed.
On the year, he’s averaging 13 points (72 percent true shooting) and 7.3 rebounds.
He’s been a dynamite play-finisher who would pace the NBA in true shooting were he eligible for the leaderboards.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2023/1/11/23548608/thomas-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-anthony-davis-injury
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:10 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
AD is obviously a better player than Bryant, but if he's hurt all the time

FWIW it's worth AD has played 163 games in the past 3 1/2 seasons. Bryant has played in 110 during that same stretch.

Now if the Lakers are looking to blow it up, Bryant as a center isn't the worst case scenario. He can score and spread the floor. He's not good defensively though.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:42 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

FWIW it's worth AD has played 163 games in the past 3 1/2 seasons. Bryant has played in 110 during that same stretch.

Now if the Lakers are looking to blow it up, Bryant as a center isn't the worst case scenario. He can score and spread the floor. He's not good defensively though.

Bryant has been on a dynamic run. Overall, his performance to date is comparable to his second season, which is his only full season in the NBA.

That said, he's never logged a lot of games or a lot of minutes.

Even as a starter for us this year, he's only logging 29 minutes a game.

He's a poor defender. His draptor rating is -1.7 vs. +5.0 for Davis.

As good as he's been, Bryant isn't in the same zip code as a player as Davis. At his best, Davis is an MVP level player. At his best, Bryant is a very effective scorer.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:33 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Bryant has been on a dynamic run. Overall, his performance to date is comparable to his second season, which is his only full season in the NBA.

As good as he's been, Bryant isn't in the same zip code as a player as Davis. At his best, Davis is an MVP level player. At his best, Bryant is a very effective scorer.

Bryant falls in the same category as Frye and Speights... Instant offense bigs. His a borderline starter if surrounded by better wing defenders.

Unfortunately almost of our guys suffers defensively without AD and long wing defenders.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:05 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Bryant falls in the same category as Frye and Speights... Instant offense bigs. His a borderline starter if surrounded by better wing defenders.

Unfortunately almost of our guys suffers defensively without AD and long wing defenders.

Apparently you missed the part where I said you flip AD for two defensive wings and picks.

AD > Bryant

But maybe

Bryant + 2 wings + picks > AD with his busted foot
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:20 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Apparently you missed the part where I said you flip AD for two defensive wings and picks.

AD > Bryant

But maybe

I don't see this happening in real life. Given all his injuries, it's an interesting question what we could get for Davis. I have no sense of that myself.

His contract runs two more years after this season, and he can opt out in the second year. So no team's going to give up assets for him unless Davis is enthusiastic about going to that team. That would also potentially lower his trade value.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:00 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

AD > Bryant

But maybe

This is not happening
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:58 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

AD > Bryant

But maybe

This is not happening

In my original post I said Bryant plus multiple assets might be better than injured AD

AND I said as long as Klutch is around it's not happening.

This is why I hate when people clip your original post because they remove the entire context of what you said.

It's still a good idea.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:20 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

AD > Bryant

But maybe

This is not happening

In my original post I said Bryant plus multiple assets might be better than injured AD

This is why I hate when people clip your original post because they remove the entire context of what you said.

It's still a good idea.

What level are these wings you're talking about? Bridges and Cam? Grant and Hart? OG and Trent? Bane and Brooks? Middleton and Jrue?

None of those remotely excite me or give me the feeling of upgrade. If Lavine and DeMar can be had straight up... I'm listening but not sold at all. Siakim and OG? We're getting somewhere.

I think the best move is go all in now and try to upgrade for the next 2-4 years by any means necessary. It could backfire but it's the smartest approach versos letting all these guys walk, adding as big a name as possible and then having vet mins to fill around them again.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:37 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

AD > Bryant

But maybe

This is not happening

It's still a good idea.

What level are these wings you're talking about? Bridges and Cam? Grant and Hart? OG and Trent? Bane and Brooks? Middleton and Jrue?

None of those remotely excite me or give me the feeling of upgrade. If Lavine and DeMar can be had straight up... I'm listening but not sold at all. Siakim and OG? We're getting somewhere.

I think the best move is go all in now and try to upgrade for the next 2-4 years by any means necessary. It could backfire but it's the smartest approach versos letting all these guys walk, adding as big a name as possible and then having vet mins to fill around them again.

If AD played like he did before he got hurt... you are right... none of the mediocre wings can replace him... even multiple quality 3 and D wings.

But it reminds me when we used to hope Spencer Haywood would get off the crack and become one of the best of all time again.

Sometimes you just need to cut your losses.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:08 pm    Post subject:

C. Woods outplayed Bryant again.
Woods 24 pts, 14 rbs, 6 assists, 5 blk, +16
Bryant 11 pts, 9 rbs, -17
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:22 pm    Post subject:

He and Dennis are coming back down to earth
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Both him and Schroder are part of reason of the 5 game winning streak, but they both disappeared and came down to earth starting last game against Nuggets.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

The theme of these recent games is the Lakers get Bryant involved early on Offense literally giving him the first shot which he normally makes I noticed that they did not do that tonight
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:58 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:

It’s a common belief that role players can have a 2-3 week surge in them in the case if the star going down as they get more touches and play on enthusiasm, but eventually the role players revert to what makes them role players.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:

Really after one game
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:21 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:

It’s a common belief that role players can have a 2-3 week surge in them in the case if the star going down as they get more touches and play on enthusiasm, but eventually the role players revert to what makes them role players.

In the case of players that have been around for a while fans completely forget/ignore years and years of prior history of said players. Anyone remember Andre Ingram? Long ago I gave up being surprised by this, it's just how fandom works.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:41 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Lakers need guys that can come in off the bench. I'd ear mark
him but we need players to fill this roster instead of looking for
a 3rd star; IMO. Every time LJ or AD go down so do we. Let's
put a team together...While having 3 big salaries Rob loads up on
iffy players and gets iffy results.
OF course, Rob may load up on the wrong players anyway, LOL.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:26 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Agreed
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:38 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Agreed. One thing that makes this big 3 different/not successful is Big 3s need to all be top 10-15 players for it to work. Only AD is that for us. I guess Lebron still could be argued as a top 10-15 player but Russ is no where near that.

Unless we get an actual mvp contender/all nba 1st team player (and that’s not happening)…beefing up our depth would be the best route
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:35 am    Post subject:

It seems that Wenyen is a better matchup against Wood and Embiid than TB.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17
Jump to: