Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Well, I caught it.

First noticed symptoms when I let my dog out to pee very early (i.e. 3 AM). Just didn't feel well. Didn't think much of it, and went back to sleep. Woke up and felt really crappy in the morning - muscle aches, extreme fatigue and just feeling "off," or sick. Kinda made me feel like a cement block, like I needed to fall into my bed and rest (I had a similar feeling 6 hrs after I took the first vaccine). Took the free test, but probably didn't need to. It was very obvious that I had it.

Was like 50% better 2nd half of D1...2nd day, I felt much better (like 95% better)...Figured my immune system wrecked this thing (I am in shape, practice a good diet, exercise / run all the time). Later in the day, went for a walk, and some of the symptoms came back. Most notably, the muscle pains...Pains all around my body, strangely sometimes sharp feeling (almost like a pinching or piercing). By the way, throughout this all, I've had no traditional "cold" symptoms (i.e. sneezing, sniffling, coughing, sore throat, etc.) at all. Like literally zero. I took all of the vaccines except for the very last one, by the way.

Highly suspect it's XBB.1.5, since that's the one they say is most able to evade existing vaccines / antibodies, but I'm not going to go to a hospital / lab to find out (there's just no point). Just going to quietly quarantine, and get over it myself. I suspect my immune system will be able to finish the job.

I suggest that people get up to date on their vaccines, and stay vigilant. XBB.1.5 is no joke.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Good thoughts for a quick and full recovery leor
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:54 pm    Post subject:

It finally got me last week. I tought it was the flu the fam had a few days earlier. Chills, sinus issues and minor sore throat. It wasn't until the wife wanted to do some shopping I home tested and it came back positive. Nobody else in the house got it.

Day 3, chills and sinus symptoms are gone, but I get a dry-ish cough.
Day 6, sore throat is mostly gone.
Day 8, cough is basically gone except for 1 to 2 coughs in the morning.

Get boosted, it's out there.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:55 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
It finally got me last week. I tought it was the flu the fam had a few days earlier. Chills, sinus issues and minor sore throat. It wasn't until the wife wanted to do some shopping I home tested and it came back positive. Nobody else in the house got it.

Since you got boosted, how long has it been since you got it, if I might ask?
It's been a few months since i got the second boost, wondering if it's waning point comes next month or the one after. Was it this XBB 1.5 thing (again, if I may ask)?
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:07 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:

Since you got boosted, how long has it been since you got it, if I might ask?
It's been a few months since i got the second boost, wondering if it's waning point comes next month or the one after. Was it this XBB 1.5 thing (again, if I may ask)?

I was due for a booster. Right at the 6 month mark.
Guess I was boosted the harder way.
I only did the @home tests so I was don't know variant.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Interesting - On day 6 of Covid now. In all honesty, I started feeling way better like 3 days ago. Did some errands today (am double masked), drove around a bit, and got hit with this really heavy feeling of fatigue/tiredness. I definitely was NOT expecting that...I guess it comes in waves.

There's also this weird rubbing alcohol smell/taste that I kinda get randomly with food, sometimes I just smell it randomly when walking around.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:11 pm    Post subject:

before covid19

concurrent low-grade fever, sniffles, cramps in weird places, headaches, nausea day-to-day fatigue

"I'll be fine tomorrow"

post covid19

Any hint of a single symptom

"am I going to die????"

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:06 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
before covid19

concurrent low-grade fever, sniffles, cramps in weird places, headaches, nausea day-to-day fatigue

"I'll be fine tomorrow"

post covid19

Any hint of a single symptom

"am I going to die????"

true.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:21 am    Post subject:

I've been saying for some time people have become to lax concerning covid. It's still a threat. I still wear a mask in public.

HEALTHWATCH
New COVID variants EG.5, FL.1.5.1 and BA.2.86 are spreading. Here's what to know.

BY ALEXANDER TIN

AUGUST 21, 2023 / 1:14 PM / CBS NEWS

LINK LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:21 am    Post subject:

Bray Wyatt from the WWE died of COVID complications.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:50 pm    Post subject:

What weird symptoms have you experienced since getting covid?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:34 am    Post subject:

Some people think the pandemic has passed. Numbers show it hasn't. I still wear a mask in public. I see many who don't. If possible I avoid contact with them. It can be awkward because it sometimes seems to be obvious.

Covid is officially America’s deadliest pandemic as U.S. fatalities surpass 1918 flu estimates.

I'll mask up until the CDC officially ends the threat.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Some people think the pandemic has passed. Numbers show it hasn't. I still wear a mask in public. I see many who don't. If possible I avoid contact with them. It can be awkward because it sometimes seems to be obvious.

Covid is officially America’s deadliest pandemic as U.S. fatalities surpass 1918 flu estimates.

Also be sure to get the newest COVID vaccine that just came out (both Pfizer and Moderna have one). I'm getting it tomorrow at local CVS along with annual flu shot. I still wear my mask too.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:06 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Also be sure to get the newest COVID vaccine that just came out (both Pfizer and Moderna have one). I'm getting it tomorrow at local CVS along with annual flu shot. I still wear my mask too.

I'll follow the advice of my doctor. I already got my yearly flu shot.

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:19 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Since immunity from the vaccine wanes after a few months, would it be better for us to get it now or in a bit? If we have a surge in December then we may not be fully protected for the latter part of it.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Flew out of town two weeks ago, forgot my mask, the flight attendants didn't have any and I got COVID-19 for the first time.

Paxlovid for 5 days mitigated symptoms, but I'm still fatigued and stuffy. I was fully vaxxed & boosted.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:47 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Flew out of town two weeks ago, forgot my mask, the flight attendants didn't have any and I got COVID-19 for the first time.

Paxlovid for 5 days mitigated symptoms, but I'm still fatigued and stuffy. I was fully vaxxed & boosted.

Good luck to you.

I think I have long COVID and it's ugly and frightening.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:50 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Good luck to you.

Do all necessary to get well. Long COVID has conditions that continue or develop after acute COVID-19 infection. Take care. LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:09 am    Post subject:

I'm watching The Price Is Right. They're broadcasting from their new studio. There is a live audience, all unmasked. I pray COVID doesn't rear its ugly head. Drew Carey looks like he's lost some weight.

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Good luck to you.

Could you elaborate on your situation, if comfortable with describing it?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:32 am    Post subject:

I got a message from my doctor. Kaiser will be giving the updated COVID-19 vaccine containing the XBB 1.5 composition to better match the circulating viruses starting Sept 28th. I'll be getting it ASAP.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:22 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I got a message from my doctor. Kaiser will be giving the updated COVID-19 vaccine containing the XBB 1.5 composition to better match the circulating viruses starting Sept 28th. I'll be getting it ASAP.

Good luck.

We're having shortages here. I showed up to two appointments only to be told they ran out. I'm trying again this Sunday with a different pharmacy.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:55 am    Post subject:

And that bastard Eric Clapton is donating money to the anti-vaxxer Kennedy guy. After all the drugs he's injected himself he's blaming Covid vaccines for all his problems.A racist, Qanon lunatic that's what he is.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:07 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Good luck.

We're having shortages here. I showed up to two appointments only to be told they ran out. I'm trying again this Sunday with a different pharmacy.

If pharmacies are running out of this new COVID-19 vaccine, hopefully that means many people are actually getting it. That would be really nice.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:47 am    Post subject:

I have an appointment on Oct 16th at 1:00 pm. at the Los Angeles Kaiser Venice facility to get the latest COVID shot.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 317 of 318
Jump to: