OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 202, 203, 204

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 3192

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Nepotism: the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 1496

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:03 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Nepotism: the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.


...with bonuses and raises even tho they are performing unimaginably bad.
_________________
Just win baby!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 10029

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
This bum thought changing coach but keeping the same trash roster will give better results

Clueless


The saddest part is that its not the same trash roster... it's a completely new trash roster. Dude has no idea what he's doing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 May 2011
Posts: 619

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
This bum thought changing coach but keeping the same trash roster will give better results

Clueless


The saddest part is that its not the same trash roster... it's a completely new trash roster. Dude has no idea what he's doing


The real trash here is Rob.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
zambia
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 664

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:43 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
Nepotism: the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.


...with bonuses and raises even tho they are performing unimaginably bad.


That’s why Rob wanted his extension to be kept a secret. He knew he didn’t deserve it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 1496

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject:

The more I think about the job Rob is doing the more it makes me sick. Think about this:

He made the right decision on Nunn's contract with two years on the tpMLE even tho it appears as if it isn't working out due to the way Nunn is looking and...

He made the right decision on Jones' contract with two years vet min even tho it appears as if it isn't working out due to the way Jones is looking but...

He made the wrong decision for Walker's tpMLE as it is only for one year so we likely won't get to have him next year at the salary he is on now and...

He made the wrong decision on Reeves' vet min as it is for one year so he is likely to be next year's Carouso, losing Reeves to a higher bidder and...

He made the wrong decision on Troy Brown's vet min as it is for one year so he is likely to be next year's Monk, losing him to a higher bidder.

Rob should have locked up Troy Brown, Austin Reeves, and Lonnie Walker for an extra year like he did with Damien Jones and Kendrick Nunn but akin to Pelinka's incompetence the Lakers have/had a useless Nunn (the second year for him is this year) and Jones for two years but don't have useful Reeves/TBjr/Walker for an extra year. The team is unlikely to retain all three but should have had all three locked in for next year at bargain prices. I know it seems like hindsight but it was done for Nunn/Jones so it should have been done for Walker/Reeves/TBjr...with a halfway decent GM that is.

I don't think Bryant/Shroeder would have accepted a two-year vet min since they have had seasons that could indicate that they could get a higher payday with just one year but the circumstances are different with Waker/Reeves/TBjr.
_________________
Just win baby!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8826

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject:

https://youtu.be/Y_bLj8RIH2Y?t=446

Five from Lebron to Rob after the nice win over the Bucks.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–
Give me spacing, Rob!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 2757

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Still part of
_________________
Smrek 2, Nevitt 1, Barkley 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 21373
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:50 am    Post subject:

Make the trade, Rob!!!! Don't waste a season of healthy AD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2021
Posts: 1862

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Man..there's a reason why most of the players he signed last season aren't on a team this season. This guy can't scout for (bleep).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 49051

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:16 pm    Post subject:

NBA Fans React To Rui Hachimura Trade To Lakers: "Very Rare Pelinka W"
https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/nba_fans_react_to_rui_hachimura_trade_to_lakers_very_rare_pelinka_w/s1_16751_38385465

Kudos ! Rob P. made fairly good trade this time. Rui is a great fit in LA. I'm sure the Wiz have definite plans for Nunn too. So it's a win-win situation for all parties involved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8826

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Great GM in New Port, imo.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–
Give me spacing, Rob!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 35658

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
The more I think about the job Rob is doing the more it makes me sick. Think about this:

He made the right decision on Nunn's contract with two years on the tpMLE even tho it appears as if it isn't working out due to the way Nunn is looking and...

He made the right decision on Jones' contract with two years vet min even tho it appears as if it isn't working out due to the way Jones is looking but...

He made the wrong decision for Walker's tpMLE as it is only for one year so we likely won't get to have him next year at the salary he is on now and...

He made the wrong decision on Reeves' vet min as it is for one year so he is likely to be next year's Carouso, losing Reeves to a higher bidder and...

He made the wrong decision on Troy Brown's vet min as it is for one year so he is likely to be next year's Monk, losing him to a higher bidder.

Rob should have locked up Troy Brown, Austin Reeves, and Lonnie Walker for an extra year like he did with Damien Jones and Kendrick Nunn but akin to Pelinka's incompetence the Lakers have/had a useless Nunn (the second year for him is this year) and Jones for two years but don't have useful Reeves/TBjr/Walker for an extra year. The team is unlikely to retain all three but should have had all three locked in for next year at bargain prices. I know it seems like hindsight but it was done for Nunn/Jones so it should have been done for Walker/Reeves/TBjr...with a halfway decent GM that is.

I don't think Bryant/Shroeder would have accepted a two-year vet min since they have had seasons that could indicate that they could get a higher payday with just one year but the circumstances are different with Waker/Reeves/TBjr.


Brings up an interesting question. Would Brown and Walker have agreed to a two year contract?

If this was a deal breaker, my guess is Brown would have turned it down. He's good enough that some team would have offered him a minimum contract. He made $5 million in the last year of his previous contract so he's obviously hoping to get back to a higher level than just the NBA minimum. There's really no advantage to him to locking in a second year at the minimum.

I'm not sure what Walker would have done.

But I wouldn't just assume that Rob had the ability to get a longer contract from these guys. Maybe yes, maybe no. (Maybe he did try and they declined.) At a minimum, I think we need to remember that Rob can't unilaterally impose any terms he wants on free agents.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8826

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Darius Soriano
@forumbluegold

Random thing about the Rui trade...

Part of the draft compensation the Lakers included to get Rui were picks that were previously owned by Washington but were sent to the Lakers as part of the Russ trade.

Both the 2023 Bulls pick and the 2028 WAS 2nd rounder came to LA w/ Russ.
---
The Lakers then traded the "better of their own 2028 2nd rounder and the Wizards 2028 2nd rounder" to the Orlando Magic in last year's draft for...Max Christie. After the Rui trade, the lesser of those picks will now go to Washington for Rui.
---
So, the updated tally from the Russ trade:

Lakers give up: Kuz, KCP, Trez, 2021 1st rounder (#22 overall), & a 2028 2nd rounder

Lakers get: Russ, Rui, Max Christie, 2024 2nd rounder

I know the Russ trade will always be controversial, but today's deal balances things some.


Interesting.
_________________
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ–
Give me spacing, Rob!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2011
Posts: 4059

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:27 pm    Post subject:

How will Rob handle trading LeBron next summer? Probably grill bungle that up too.
_________________
Tacos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 202, 203, 204
Page 204 of 204
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB