RUI HACHIMURA (3yr, $51M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:16 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
Great pick-up.

Heโ€™s very underrated with lots of upside.

May become a fan favorite as well.

Has a little Horry in him.

Is that what the eye test and facts say?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
Great pick-up.

Is that what the eye test and facts say?

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ– #18!!!
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:47 pm    Post subject:

This trade is very solid, with the ability to become a great trade depending on how Rui plays and if the Lakers re-sign him this summer.

In addition to what we know he will bring, all we need him to do is regain his 3-point shooting touch (shoot at least 38% consistently from downtown) and play consistently above-average defense.

I really hope his arrival means that we only play LeBron 32-33 minutes a game for the rest of the season until the playoffs or play-in tournament. We REALLY need to get LeBron's minutes down one way or another.

I also hope Rui gets some run at the 3 so that we won't have to play Pat Bev, Walker or Reaves anymore at the 3, and also so that we see very little of Troy Brown Jr. from now on. That would give us a team that almost resembles the one we had in 2020 when we won it all.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:57 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
Great pick-up.

I think he's more of a Thad Young - capable scorer and just enough of a defender to stay on the court as a 3/4.

If we're lucky, he'll be another Bob Love and come out of nowhere in his 4th season and start tearing up the league.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:48 am    Post subject:

Trading a guard for a forward is the right direction. If Cam Reddish is also traded then we can evaluate whether our trade package is an overpay.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:24 am    Post subject:

+ He's highly motivated, wasn't getting minutes in WAS but now controls his own destiny with regards to a contract extension this off-season
+ He's playing in his desired city
+ He brings size to a ridiculously size-deprived team
+ His acquisition reduced the guard log-jam (both Reaves/Walker will be back shortly, so Nunn's minutes would again have dropped to near-0)
+ The Lakers hold his option, so they have all the flexibility and control with hm
+ with AD coming back Ham has plenty of time to get him acclimated playing with any or all of LBJ/AD/Westbrook
- He will need to really improve on defense. Cue Handy/Ham.
= Cost. Nunn had little value (undersized SG having a mediocre year), so the 2023 second-rounder was the absolute minimum. That leaves the 2 future 2nd rounders - arguably an overpay of 1. BUT 2nd rounders that far in the future (5 or more years!) are so easily acquired, they're basically a commodity, unlike precious 1st rounders. Really, the Lakers cashed in some chips, they can buy replacement chips any time they want - plenty of teams would willingly sell 2028/29 2nd-rounders for (sufficient) cash.

Bottom line: a good trade for the Lakers, I'll give credit where credit is due even though I have 0 respect for Pelinka.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:08 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
+ He's highly motivated, wasn't getting minutes in WAS but now controls his own destiny with regards to a contract extension this off-season

He was getting 24 mpg with the Wizards. Do we expect him to get more minutes with the Lakers? I don't know. I would be surprised if he started playing 30+ mpg, but maybe he will.

I agree with the rest of what you say. In the end, the sales point for me is that we're balancing the roster. He can give us more value than Nunn. If he doesn't work out, the SRPs will be a high price for a 35-game rental, but that's an acceptable risk.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:31 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:

He was getting 24 mpg with the Wizards. Do we expect him to get more minutes with the Lakers? I don't know. I would be surprised if he started playing 30+ mpg, but maybe he will.

I agree with the rest of what you say. In the end, the sales point for me is that we're balancing the roster. He can give us more value than Nunn. If he doesn't work out, the SRPs will be a high price for a 35-game rental, but that's an acceptable risk.

My bad. He was getting decent minutes but there are many reports that he was not happy with his role there, so I should have said "minutes in a role he wanted".
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:04 am    Post subject:

People get too, worked up and overpay or not overpay

If he works out with the Lakers, it was not an overpay
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:05 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
Great pick-up.

I think he's more of a Thad Young - capable scorer and just enough of a defender to stay on the court as a 3/4.

If we're lucky, he'll be another Bob Love and come out of nowhere in his 4th season and start tearing up the league.

Last nights game against the Clippers was painful, but one of the things that really stuck out to me was when the commentators were talking about how much bigger the clippers were on the court and it was noticeable. At least the Lakers are trying to fix that you can put a squad on the court now that has size especially with Anthony Davis coming back.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:22 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:

My bad. He was getting decent minutes but there are many reports that he was not happy with his role there, so I should have said "minutes in a role he wanted".

Right. He didn't like being Kuzma's backup. He wanted to start. This makes me a little uncomfortable, because I'm not sure he is an automatic starter for us. I can imagine a starting frontcourt of Bryant, Davis, and Lebron. I can imagine Hachimura being part of the bench unit with Gabriel and Brown. If that is how this plays out, will he be happy with it?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:42 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:

Right. He didn't like being Kuzma's backup. He wanted to start. This makes me a little uncomfortable, because I'm not sure he is an automatic starter for us. I can imagine a starting frontcourt of Bryant, Davis, and Lebron. I can imagine Hachimura being part of the bench unit with Gabriel and Brown. If that is how this plays out, will he be happy with it?

With the current makeup of this team, he is an automatic starter. AD is coming back too so Bryant is going back to the bench again.

The lineup tonight is likely gonna be:

Schroder
Beverley
Rui Hachimura
LeBron
AD
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Rui (& Rob) Presser:

Also Rob, fire up those Mamba stories cause it could prove to be advantageous to us in keeping dude here on a team friendly during free agency this summer.

https://twitter.com/SpectrumSN/status/1618086952527605763
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject:

I think if things go well, Rui is going to remain a Laker. I can't imagine he will just join a random team away from LA. Remember, he took a sizeable amount of games off last year due to mental health (being away from home). I think he will factor that in as a huge issue.

As to starting or not, it depends on if he's able to keep up with the other team's big wings. LBJ at age 38 and with his offensive workload can't. If he can do that, then I can possibly see a LBJ/Rui/AD starting frontcourt. If not, he'll have to be a bench player who probably plays 25mpg.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:49 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Rui (& Rob) Presser:

Also Rob, fire up those Mamba stories cause it could prove to be advantageous to us in keeping dude here on a team friendly during free agency this summer.

https://twitter.com/SpectrumSN/status/1618086952527605763

I really hate hearing Rob speak. He strikes me as the type of person that lies every other sentence.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
With the current makeup of this team, he is an automatic starter. AD is coming back too so Bryant is going back to the bench again.

The lineup tonight is likely gonna be:

Schroder
Beverley
Rui Hachimura
LeBron
AD

I hope not, but you could be right. For tonight, it shouldn't matter too much.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Can he defend Kawai better than Beverly?
Can he man the 5 better than Austin did in the all guard lineup?

If the answer is yes to either of those, we have improved.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook Happy To Be Reunited With Former Wizards Teammate Rui Hachimura

Quote:
โ€œFirst of all, Rui is a great human, a great person,โ€ Westbrook said when asked about the fourth-year forward. โ€œWe definitely connected a lot in DC. Happy to be back with him, heโ€™s a hell of a talent that can fit in anywhere. Just happy that heโ€™s here and weโ€™ll get a chance to play alongside each other again.โ€

https://lakersnation.com/lakers-news-russell-westbrook-happy-to-be-reunited-with-former-wizards-teammate-rui-hachimura/2023/01/25/
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Dream lineup:

Schroder/Westbrook or Bev
Walker/Reaves
Hachimura/Christie or TBJ
LeBron/Gabriel
AD/Bryant

IMO this is theoretically SOLID. I'd love to have Bryant and Reaves in the starting lineup instead of Walker and Mr. Mura, but I have to think Lonnie and Mr. M will be the most effective alongside LeBron. WB and TB have great chemistry so don't want to break that up, and even though I would LOVE to have Austin starting (I think PG/Reaves/LeBron/AD/TB is our best lineup), I think we need him to stabilize the 2nd unit too.

Also, for whatever reason we don't seem to see Gabriel and Bryant playing together. I'm sure there's a good reason thus far, but if they could synergize and figure it out, MAN the pop and energy between those two grabbing boards could be devastating! with Russ spoon-feeding them on the offensive end.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:17 pm    Post subject:

I am extremely hyped having Rui on this roster. We will look back on this trade thinking we got away with robbery. Imo, Rui is a better player than kuzma, but because of a string of bad luck and injuries, Kuzma was able to seize the opportunity and Rui kind of faded on that roster. Being on the lakers playing alongside Lebron, AD, and Russ should unlock another level to Rui's game. Very excited that we finally have a promising young player that will be under our control, and is a solid building block to pair with AD for the forseeable future. This was a big win for Rob not only for the short term, but long term implications as well. Think Rui is going to ball out for us big time. He's a young Al horford
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I think I ranked Rui 2nd in his draft

6"8 wings with his isolation skills and shooting are rare. Wait till you guys see his kobe fadeaways. He is like a Kawhi Clone. And rhe numbers are not bad 14ppg on 48% and 40% 3pt.

Hopefully this is the right situation
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Playing off the bench tonight.
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ– #18!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:47 pm    Post subject:

So did we give too much? Lol
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Iโ€™ve seen enough. Start him. His jumper is so smooth, dude hustled and played defensively tonight (what the (bleep) were people talking about with bad defense? ), and dude was schooling his man in the post.

It's almost foreign, but so refreshing, to see another legit wing player handling the ball. Jesus, all these guard lineups really made us forget.

Start him. That is all. And keep him for a long time. Heโ€™s gonna have a nice career here.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject:

He's got touch, plays hard. I like how he attacks the offensive glass, and he seems capable defensively.

Lock him up long term lets go
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 22 of 91
Jump to: