NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 964, 965, 966 ... 2543, 2544, 2545  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:07 pm    Post subject:

IMO there is a near 0% chance LA takes on the deals of Rozier and Hayward together. Iirc the Buha rumor was that (at a point LA was more motivated to trade Russ) they'd be interested in a package of Rozier, Washington and Oubre. Not clear what kind of picks would be on the table for that, but probably no more than one.

Now Charlotte is talking about wanting to keep Washington who should be key to the deal. So who knows what their true motivations ate

Last edited by Laker's Fan on Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
IMO there is a near 0% chance LA takes on the deals of Rozier and Hayward together. Iirc the Buha rumor was that (at a point LA was more motivated to trade Russ) they'd be interested in a package of Rozier, Williams and Oubre. Not clear what kind of picks would be on the table for that, but probably no more than one.

Now Charlotte is talking about wanting to keep Williams, who should be key to the deal. So who knows what their true motivations ate

Williams? Who?

I just want Oubre man, with the willingness to take on Hayward and Roziar for it to happen.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Meant Washington. Fixed it.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Meant Washington. Fixed it.

Oh gotcha.

But again, can Washington guard wing players? I thought he was just an undersized center.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Brooklyn #Nets are working on trading Seth Curry, Joe Harris and Patty Mills. - The Ringer

Don't know if it's true but wondering if the Lakers can get Curry here through a 3-way. That would be incredible.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:23 pm    Post subject:

I really do like Rozier and hes still fairly young at 28.

Russ/DJ/JTA/1st for Rozier/Hayward/Plumlee/PJ?
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Honestly, I'm starting to feel like the Hornets are the most ideal trading partner. Just because Kelly Oubre standouts as a huge need for this roster. Either we trade Beverley and a frp for him to make it happen, or we go with a big one that involves taking back big contracts. But it won't end up giving up picks. Which I'm now warming up to if a trade was like this:

Westbrook
Beverley

For

Roziar
Hayward
Oubre

Sure, we take on Hayward and Roziar's contracts, but they are still solid players and fulfill needs for this team. Plus, at this point, cap space shouldn't be an objective anymore with Rui's cap hold, and the need to resign our useful role players. The market is going to be grossly overpriced to sign even ONE good player, so why not fill the team with guys that we will have bird rights with? We will have bird rights to resign Oubre, we will already have Hayward and Roziar, Lebron and AD, bird rights for Reaves and Rui, and Christie. As well as a first round pick to grow our roster.

Suddenly we won't be in dire need of surrounding Lebron and AD with vet min guys again in a deal like this. We get help on size, defense, and shooting. Especially from Roziar. So what's not to like here other than questionable contracts which for this team, is not much of a negative at this point.

Don't hate it but just wondering...is this the lineup you'd role with?

Guessing:
AD
Rui
Bron
Kelly
Rozier

I'd make sure Hornets take on D. Jones as well. Saves a couple more million and clears him from next years books.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Honestly, I'm starting to feel like the Hornets are the most ideal trading partner. Just because Kelly Oubre standouts as a huge need for this roster. Either we trade Beverley and a frp for him to make it happen, or we go with a big one that involves taking back big contracts. But it won't end up giving up picks. Which I'm now warming up to if a trade was like this:

Westbrook
Beverley

For

Roziar
Hayward
Oubre

Sure, we take on Hayward and Roziar's contracts, but they are still solid players and fulfill needs for this team. Plus, at this point, cap space shouldn't be an objective anymore with Rui's cap hold, and the need to resign our useful role players. The market is going to be grossly overpriced to sign even ONE good player, so why not fill the team with guys that we will have bird rights with? We will have bird rights to resign Oubre, we will already have Hayward and Roziar, Lebron and AD, bird rights for Reaves and Rui, and Christie. As well as a first round pick to grow our roster.

Suddenly we won't be in dire need of surrounding Lebron and AD with vet min guys again in a deal like this. We get help on size, defense, and shooting. Especially from Roziar. So what's not to like here other than questionable contracts which for this team, is not much of a negative at this point.

Charlotte has always made sense. But they wanted 2 FRPs IIRC at the beginning of the offseason, which was of course laughable.

But at one FRP to eat say Hayward's deal (I actually really love his fit when healthy), PJ, and Plumlee, I could be convinced. Throw a light protection on it and you have a deal.

Did they? I never heard of them wanting even any picks for Hayward and Roziar. Just finding a team to get rid of their contracts. No team is going to pay even a 2nd round pick to eat those. But do correct me if I'm wrong cause I genuinely have no idea if that's the case.

PJ Washington with Rui here now seems redundant in my opinion. Although to be fair, I haven't watched much of him. Can he guard wing players? I thought he was just an undersized center?

I don't think Rozier's contract is that bad.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
NBACentral
@TheNBACentral
The Pacers are open to moving Buddy Hield and Chris Duarte, per
@AmicoHoops

YOOOO I like Duarte
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Would you guys do Bev + Lonnie + 2029 1st for Buddy?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:35 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:

I don't think so. Straight up? Maybe.

I would do a 1st Bev/Lonnie for Myles.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:37 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Brooklyn #Nets are working on trading Seth Curry, Joe Harris and Patty Mills. - The Ringer

Don't know if it's true but wondering if the Lakers can get Curry here through a 3-way. That would be incredible.

Let's build on the Hornets trade thoughts.

Nets get:
P.J. Washington
D.Jones

Hornets get:
WB
PBev
Walker
1 Lakers 1st round pick

Lakers get:
Rozier
Hayward
Kelly Oubre
Curry

Nets get a much needed big thats young

Hornets clear a crap ton of cap with expirings plus gain a 1st round pick for Washington.

Lakers take on contracts that hurt but also gain what they need to win now and keep a 1st
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ahaider wrote:
I think if he can leverage Washington for top dollar but let's say get the deal from the Knicks/Heat/Suns - he would go.

None of those teams will have cap space this summer. Check out this page:

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/2023

Click on the heading for Projected Practical Cap Space. This is the possible cap space if teams stripped their rosters. That's how they have us at $34M. There are 11 teams that could clear enough space to offer $20M/year to Kuzma. Some of them will vanish from the list because they re-sign their own free agents and so forth. It's possible that other teams will clear cap space at the deadline. But for now, this is the list.

So I don't think that there will be any glamorous destinations in play.

Fair enough. I did literally 0 cap research prior to writing that post. Mainly due to the fact that I donโ€™t know how any of those markets will feel towards him and if theyโ€™re willing to make trades to facilitate that signing.

Youโ€™re right that there may be no glamour markets in play - my point is that it seems like his desire orients around those locales. Whether a destination manifests - TBD.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Lakers/Ham IMO put Russ in an optimal position. Not playing those 10-12 minutes with AD/LBJ when he started was important as he doesn't play well as a 3rd option off them. They optimized Russ's role on this team.

I feel like they've set up Bev to somewhat fail on this team. Having him effectively be the big wing defender at 6'0 was preposterous to start with, and it's just not working. He can defend similarly sized players pretty well but you're asking too much from him to guard Kawhi, Luka, etc.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:38 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
NBACentral
@TheNBACentral
The Pacers are open to moving Buddy Hield and Chris Duarte, per
@AmicoHoops

YOOOO I like Duarte

This just tells me that they are no open for business and sellers! Bring them on!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

levon wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Lakers - Seth Curry

Brooklyn - Jae Crowder

Phoenix - Lonnie Walker - Damian Jones

levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
levon wrote:

I think Buddy's roughly comparable to GTJ. We'll have the ability to be competitive for GTJ in FA provided we make no more trades to tie up money, but don't get the advantage of his bird rights or services for the remainder of the year. Plus, you get Buddy locked in for one more year at <20m as opposed to the 20+ Trent would want.

I don't think Pacers do it without a first because they have him for another year and are in no rush.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:

Russ is an expirer in 2months. Why are we taking haywards salary and adding a 1st pick

Jeanie is not going to and shouldnt pay 30m for Haywards Corpse
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
levon wrote:

Top 20 protected?
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ– #18!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:48 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
levon wrote:

I think Buddy's roughly comparable to GTJ. We'll have the ability to be competitive for GTJ in FA provided we make no more trades to tie up money, but don't get the advantage of his bird rights or services for the remainder of the year. Plus, you get Buddy locked in for one more year at <20m as opposed to the 20+ Trent would want.

I don't think Pacers do it without a first because they have him for another year and are in no rush.

Buddy has 1 more year, but he's also 30.

GTJ may not be a lockdown artist, but he's a better defender, and is 24 so I think he's a more valued asset. But the FA flight risk may lower than a bit. All things equal, if it took 1 FRP for GTJ or Buddy, I would go with GTJ.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:49 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
levon wrote:

I don't think Buddy is worth a 1st on his own....
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:51 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
levon wrote:

I don't think Buddy is worth a 1st on his own....

ya
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
logical24 wrote:

Russ is an expirer in 2months. Why are we taking haywards salary and adding a 1st pick

Agree 1000%, Dennis. He averages just about 13 points a game. Has played only 23 games this year, 49 last year, 44 the year before, etc. He is owed $30 mill this year, $31,5 next year.

NO THANKS!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
logical24 wrote:

I wouldn't take Rozier and his 4 additional years. Hayward, I would.

My idea is Hayward, PJ (or McDaniels), Plumlee.

We could use a big like Plumlee to come in for 15 mpg and just bang around and get rebounds and rim run. PJ/McDaniels helps stock our young wing crop further.

With Hayward, he is very productive when he's healthy. Not having a great year this year for sure, but that team is a disaster. But last season put up 16/5/4 on 39% from 3. The contract hurts, but it is the kind of salary ballast the Lakers may want to have to facilitate their usual trade for a "star" in the summer. If you let Russ expire, what salaries would you even consider?

Like Hayward's expiring plus the 2023 pick, whichever of 27/29, and whichever new pick we would be able to use? That's a good start.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

These are the three, pure 3P% shooters on the team and the Nets have no problem trading them away. It is yet another example of how outside shooting isn't the #1 priority for a organization with championship aspirations. I hope the Laker front office is just as wise when it comes to making these decisions.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 964, 965, 966 ... 2543, 2544, 2545  Next
Page 965 of 2545
Jump to: