*** Los Angeles Lakers vs New York Knickerbockers (01/31/23 @ 4:30 pm PT) Gm#52 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Good win but Ham and his lineup choices are puzzling and highly concerning. Rob needs to make the roster Ham proof by the deadline.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
My wife just said Russ looking like Meryl Streep in that movie The Devil Wears Prada with his postgame fit 💀💀💀💀💀💀

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Good win but Ham and his lineup choices are puzzling and highly concerning. Rob needs to make the roster Ham proof by the deadline.

All we need is shooters with decent D
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Russ is pretty much like playing russian roulette in closing out games and OT...

Horrible spacing to end the regulation but better in OT...

I like Schro/TBJ/Rui/Bron/AD starting line-up... TBJ just look like a much taller version PatBev out there. Starting SG needs a major upgrade.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:02 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
governator wrote:
Honestly, we played ‘chill’, like we that much better, lucky win cause it was the Knicks

Knicks were 27-24 for a reason.

They’ve had some big wins including smacking the celtics in a nail bitter.

Well technically we smacked them too but I’m gonna stop talking about it I promise lol

A win is a win

Even with the poor officiating we’ve suffered this season there’s no reason we shouldn’t have the same if not better above .500 record like the Knicks.

Either way good win and hopefully we can get some revenge against the pacers
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

GTJ
Hield

will do wonders to this team. Both can be had.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:04 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
My wife just said Russ looking like Meryl Streep in that movie The Devil Wears Prada with his postgame fit 💀💀💀💀💀💀

I passed out when she showed me the Google image 😂🤣😂
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:04 pm    Post subject:

With Brick, you get one decent game followed by three bad games. That's not going to cut it in a 7 game series against a playoff caliber team. I feel we either have to trade him or he has to play much better for the $47M capspace that he takes up. Otherwise, it might be too much for the team to overcome.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
With Brick, you get one decent game followed by three bad games. That's not going to cut it in a 7 game series against a playoff caliber team. I feel we either have to trade him or he has to play much better for the $47M capspace that he takes up. Otherwise, it might be too much for the team to overcome.

He is also the hardest to move. I really don’t see a trade out there for him. I hope Rob can prove me wrong.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:08 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
governator wrote:

GTJ
Hield

I really don’t see any of those franchises helping out the Lakers. But if we could choose I’d rather have GTJ over Buddy
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:10 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
governator wrote:

GTJ
Hield

I really don’t see any of those franchises helping out the Lakers. But if we could choose I’d rather have GTJ over Buddy

buddy is probably a better and more consistent shooter though, and he might be cheaper.
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject:

I thought this was the game thread - and I thought we won - lol Maybe take your awesome GM ideas to a more appropriate location - lol

mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

He is also the hardest to move. I really don’t see a trade out there for him. I hope Rob can prove me wrong.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:16 pm    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:
Then you were here for the bubble chip, both pau and kb chips, the shaq daddy and young kb 3pack of chips and perhaps some of the og chips magic and cap flavored. We have been blessed my dude (unlike the Flippers and most other franchises). Russ is not the first Russ -- Kuz used to be Russ and many more came before them - lol. It all works out in the end. Not singling you out - just noticing a lot more negativity than I used to see on LG. Enjoy the win and open a six pack baby - lol

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
cooleggs wrote:
If you can't be happy in a win - maybe you need another pastime homie - lol

Can't even really be happy, just more relieved...really concerned about Ham based on what I'm seeing from him. Gabriel appears to be getting the treatment Bryant got earlier in the season. Despite being productive in limited minutes the playing time gets reduced then DNP CDs.

I know you understand what I mean. Of course I'm happy for the win but I want more and the concerns I see make me wonder if I'll get them.

I've had this past time for 42 years as a Laker fan...too late to change now. Are you even that old? Doesn't matter, age, you could still be a better or worse fan...I've been at it a long time tho, learned a few things over the years.

I was around for ALL of the Magic and Kareem chips...not perhaps some but ALL of them. And let me tell ya...we didn't just care about a regular season win, it was all about competing for a title...almost all the time. So yea, blessed and privileged to have witnessed 11 Laker Championships. I got to see the climb to #17 to tie for most all time and I am spoiled with the success...and obsessed with getting #18 before they do.

I know fans are different...but I can't settle for just some success when I've experienced the pinnacle so many times.

Kareem summed it up when Magic won his first NBA game after hitting the game winner. Magic grabbed him, jumped in his arms celebrating...Kareem pulled him aside and said young fella, calm down we have 81 more games to go. So...settle down, enjoy the win...but the goal is to win a title, not beat the Knicks, almost giving up the game like we have given up 10 already in the same way this season.

Now that is a true Laker fan's mentality, let's win a championship! That's the goal and don't settle for anything less!

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:16 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
governator wrote:

GTJ
Hield

buddy is probably a better and more consistent shooter though, and he might be cheaper.

Most of the time defenses just run him off the three point line and if he’s not being aggressive he can become useless.

I feel GTJ can at least play better defense and is a killer mid range shooter
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:33 pm    Post subject:

pelicans 8th best chance at wemba now
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Me too (I go all the way back to the FF in Inglewood baby -- listening to chicky on the simulcast -- hence the screen name -- or watching on a b/w tv) - glad to have some other old heads with me -- I'll just say wisdom comes to people in different ways lol.

cooleggs wrote:
Then you were here for the bubble chip, both pau and kb chips, the shaq daddy and young kb 3pack of chips and perhaps some of the og chips magic and cap flavored. We have been blessed my dude (unlike the Flippers and most other franchises). Russ is not the first Russ -- Kuz used to be Russ and many more came before them - lol. It all works out in the end. Not singling you out - just noticing a lot more negativity than I used to see on LG. Enjoy the win and open a six pack baby - lol

cooleggs wrote:

Can't even really be happy, just more relieved...really concerned about Ham based on what I'm seeing from him. Gabriel appears to be getting the treatment Bryant got earlier in the season. Despite being productive in limited minutes the playing time gets reduced then DNP CDs.

I know you understand what I mean. Of course I'm happy for the win but I want more and the concerns I see make me wonder if I'll get them.

I've had this past time for 42 years as a Laker fan...too late to change now. Are you even that old? Doesn't matter, age, you could still be a better or worse fan...I've been at it a long time tho, learned a few things over the years.

I was around for ALL of the Magic and Kareem chips...not perhaps some but ALL of them. And let me tell ya...we didn't just care about a regular season win, it was all about competing for a title...almost all the time. So yea, blessed and privileged to have witnessed 11 Laker Championships. I got to see the climb to #17 to tie for most all time and I am spoiled with the success...and obsessed with getting #18 before they do.

I know fans are different...but I can't settle for just some success when I've experienced the pinnacle so many times.

Kareem summed it up when Magic won his first NBA game after hitting the game winner. Magic grabbed him, jumped in his arms celebrating...Kareem pulled him aside and said young fella, calm down we have 81 more games to go. So...settle down, enjoy the win...but the goal is to win a title, not beat the Knicks, almost giving up the game like we have given up 10 already in the same way this season.

Now that is a true Laker fan's mentality, let's win a championship! That's the goal and don't settle for anything less!
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:55 pm    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:
Me too (I go all the way back to the FF in Inglewood baby -- listening to chicky on the simulcast -- hence the screen name -- or watching on a b/w tv) - glad to have some other old heads with me -- I'll just say wisdom comes to people in different ways lol.

cooleggs wrote:

cooleggs wrote:

Just win baby...a championship!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
governator wrote:

GTJ
Hield

Most of the time defenses just run him off the three point line and if he’s not being aggressive he can become useless.

I feel GTJ can at least play better defense and is a killer mid range shooter

If defenses run him off the 3, then we got our moneys worth. Nobody is running any of our 3 point shooters off the line
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Rui Hachimura will help the Lakers. He's a steal imo. The Wiz didn't use him right at all. I think a lot of you guys will be very surprised.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:46 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Russ is pretty much like playing russian roulette in closing out games and OT...

I like Schro/TBJ/Rui/Bron/AD starting line-up... TBJ just look like a much taller version PatBev out there. Starting SG needs a major upgrade.

Dude gives me PTSD....Replace him with Conley and our record would be night and day.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject:

The secret to our overtime success was me not watching it
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Gotta be a way to get Wenyen Gabriel involved even with the new addition he can’t have someone playing that hard that well sitting on the bench
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:18 am    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:

cooleggs wrote:

cooleggs wrote:

I am assuming you two grew up in LA.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:16 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

I prefer Reeves to start at SG. TBJ is more of an insurance policy, not good enough to rely on and self limiting on our team to play all those minutes. Beverley is POA and we need him especially on this team with so many holes defensively.

We definitely need fortifications on our perimeter defensive wall. Thybulle or House would do wonders on this team.

Walker and Jones with 2023 2nd round pick and 2025 second round pick for Thybulle and House. Or just simply straight swap Walker for House .
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Oh yeah! - maneuvering around the hookers and addicts along Prairie and Century as a kid was the pastime back in the day - lol. Hollywood park, Zodies around the corner - lol -- memories man!!!

Halflife wrote:
cooleggs wrote:

cooleggs wrote:

cooleggs wrote:

I am assuming you two grew up in LA.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35
Jump to: