Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 417, 418, 419 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:10 am    Post subject:

I'm moving WB for tradeable contracts if at all possible....we can't get a difference maker so no use throwing in 2 FRPs, we probably have to eat one of those FRPs but if it's for "ok" role players, not even great, hopefully we can just lose one, maybe even with protection say top 5 and some seconds.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:30 am    Post subject:

His negative energy is palpable. Before his late scoring run when the game was pretty much already out of hand, just the careless turnovers (6) and terrible shot selection.

Looked like a guy who didn't care about being on this team anymore, or knows he will def be traded by tomorrow. Maybe trading Russ isn't the panacea, but I think you just can't have that kind of sucking hole on the team. Plus, I think it should be a mutual thing. I do feel badly for Russ and think he should just be moved for his own sake too. It just didn't work out.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:11 am    Post subject:

27 to go.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
His negative energy is palpable. Before his late scoring run when the game was pretty much already out of hand, just the careless turnovers (6) and terrible shot selection.

Looked like a guy who didn't care about being on this team anymore, or knows he will def be traded by tomorrow. Maybe trading Russ isn't the panacea, but I think you just can't have that kind of sucking hole on the team. Plus, I think it should be a mutual thing. I do feel badly for Russ and think he should just be moved for his own sake too. It just didn't work out.

lets be honest. he and bron both had 4 To's until Russ tried to make things happen late. His 8assists showed he was finding guys. Unfortunately for him, like previous games, everyone around him quit. so yes, the TO's weren't ideal but lets put them in context of the game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:18 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

lets be honest. he and bron both had 4 To's until Russ tried to make things happen late. His 8assists showed he was finding guys. Unfortunately for him, like previous games, everyone around him quit. so yes, the TO's weren't ideal but lets put them in context of the game.

Nah. He's got to go. It's reached a point where it's clear that it's mutually the best for both parties.

Russ dug quite a hole for the teams with his inopportune turnovers. Ok, great job making a fake Lakers comeback at the end but the damage was already done.

Lakers need to move on from Russ.

Russ needs to move on from Lakers.

Pretty obvious.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Nah. He's got to go. It's reached a point where it's clear that it's mutually the best for both parties.

Russ dug quite a hole for the teams with his inopportune turnovers. Ok, great job making a fake Lakers comeback at the end but the damage was already done.

Lakers need to move on from Russ.

Russ needs to move on from Lakers.

Pretty obvious.

he absolutely has to go. However its imperative we get another scapegoat back in the exchange.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject:

Where do you guys think he goes after a buyout? Or does he end the year on the team he's traded to?
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:12 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Where do you guys think he goes after a buyout? Or does he end the year on the team he's traded to?

Assuming he goes - which I'm doubtful on - I think he goes back to Washington.. which I think is legal since it's been more than a year?

Would not be at all surprised if her simply sat out the rest of the year. No championship team will want him and no tank team will want him.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:04 am    Post subject:

I like Russ and it seemed like things improved when he became the 6th man but honestly I don't know how I feel right now. I didn't notice this from last night...

ESPN Sources: Lakers G Russell Westbrook and coach Darvin Ham had a brief, heated verbal exchange in the halftime locker room on Tuesday vs. OKC. Ham expressed frustration with how Westbrook lingered on the playing floor after getting subbed out of game late in second quarter.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1623379921195114527?s=46&t=1OgNKn2qnAuP0FsPqiWWVQ

Voices were raised in locker room, but discussion turned back to trying to win game vs. Thunder, sources said. Ham closed game with Westbrook, who had a season-high 14 points in fourth quarter. Ham and Westbrook dapped up prior to leaving arena later in night.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1623380175487393793?s=46&t=1OgNKn2qnAuP0FsPqiWWVQ
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -β‰₯β‰₯β‰₯β‰₯β‰₯Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:24 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
I like Russ and it seemed like things improved when he became the 6th man but honestly I don't know how I feel right now. I didn't notice this from last night...

ESPN Sources: Lakers G Russell Westbrook and coach Darvin Ham had a brief, heated verbal exchange in the halftime locker room on Tuesday vs. OKC. Ham expressed frustration with how Westbrook lingered on the playing floor after getting subbed out of game late in second quarter.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1623379921195114527?s=46&t=1OgNKn2qnAuP0FsPqiWWVQ

Voices were raised in locker room, but discussion turned back to trying to win game vs. Thunder, sources said. Ham closed game with Westbrook, who had a season-high 14 points in fourth quarter. Ham and Westbrook dapped up prior to leaving arena later in night.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1623380175487393793?s=46&t=1OgNKn2qnAuP0FsPqiWWVQ

Westbrook has been a cancer on every team he’s been on but people think of him as a good guy because he wears funny outfits before the games.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:29 am    Post subject:

Westbrook has tried to be the good soldier and yet he was humiliated by all the trade talk going on. It's obvious the Lakers don't want him. You think he's gonna continue to be a good boy playing for a team that doesn't want him, with a fan base that despises him?

I an honestly surprised he hasn't blown up big time by now.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:29 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Westbrook has been a cancer on every team he’s been on but people think of him as a good guy because he wears funny outfits before the games.

Not really. wiz loved him
PG picked him over us
WE blamed him for Houston but we have seen since that harden quit on two teams

Blamed him for KD but as we have seen KD without steph has lost + Harden, Kyrie wanted out.

All of those who have played with him love him. Thomas and rui included.

he's just not a fit. Thats all.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:48 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Westbrook has tried to be the good soldier and yet he was humiliated by all the trade talk going on. It's obvious the Lakers don't want him. You think he's gonna continue to be a good boy playing for a team that doesn't want him, with a fan base that despises him?

I an honestly surprised he hasn't blown up big time by now.

He's getting paid 50 million dollars. If he was so hurt about all of this he didn't have to opt in.

He's been a good soldier moving to the bench, at least we think he has, but it happened probably a year too late and his style of play has never really changed. He's still a turnover machine and a chucker. One of the most athletic players I have ever seen but probably one of my least favorite Lakers. It's no wonder his teams have never won the big one... he's a complete liability.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:50 am    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
he didn't have to opt in.

exactly. Goes for every player. There were no secrets as to who we were or what we had.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:54 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
TDRock wrote:

OMG, that is totally not true at all. Every team he has been on, he's been a great teammate. He may even be a good one here on the Lakers but we all are using him as the main scapegoat to the disaster season. It's not all his fault but we need to blame someone.....
Ham sucks
Pelinka sucks
Jeanie sucks
Not just Westbrook
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
TDRock wrote:

PG picked him over us

Blamed him for KD but as we have seen KD without steph has lost + Harden, Kyrie wanted out.

Yet he's been on 4 different teams in 5 seasons. Post OKC, I think his act wears thin and he overestimates his abilities and value to a team.

Wiz happily traded him to us.
PG then left him for the Clips.
Did you see how we defended him in the playoffs when on the Rox?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
TDRock wrote:

PG picked him over us

Yet he's been on 4 different teams in 5 seasons. Post OKC, I think his act wears thin and he overestimates his abilities and value to a team.

Wiz happily traded him to us.
PG then left him for the Clips.
Did you see how we defended him in the playoffs when on the Rox?

No. we made an offer the wiz couldn't refuse, so his 5th team is a team that desperately wanted him. The stars of his 5th team demanded we get him.

OKC like they have done twice since him decided to rebuild.

Houston was a bad fit and we saw harden literally quit on that franchise.

PG left him because they were going to rebuild and like the offer we made to the Wiz, the clippers made an offer they couldn't refuse. PG still picked Russ over bron.

No one thinks he is a fit here. We all know where he fits plus age is catching up.

Lets not be dishonest. He carried the wiz to the postseason with guys bron is leading to the lotto. Had a HOF career.

We didn't get that guy. But as SAS said this morning. "yeah the lakers won a championship, but it was with a 4 month break and no one wanted to be there." So lets not act like without Russ we have been the face of winning the last 5 years.

he was a failed experiment.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Yes, Russ being on 4 teams in 5 years proves he's actually good. Good lord.

No one is questioning his HOF career. It's questioning how he's finishing it just like we did for greats like Iverson.

The failed experiment is thinking Russ is the Russ of 2017.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

No one is questioning his HOF career. It's questioning how he's finishing it just like we did for greats like Iverson.

I agree, but lets be honest on why he is here.

The biggest franchise in the league and the face of the franchise wanted him badly. so whatever you think. or as wrong as vegas was, his 5th team in 4 years did everything they could to get him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The biggest franchise in the league and the face of the franchise wanted him badly. so whatever you think. or as wrong as vegas was, his 5th team in 4 years did everything they could to get him.

We are the final sucker team that gave up Kuz/KCP/Trezz/22nd pick for him. It speaks to how feckless each of the teams that went for him were, in increasing levels of ineptitude ending with the Lakers. Now we have to possibly trade a first(s) to dump his expiring? Ugh.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:27 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We are the final sucker team that gave up Kuz/KCP/Trezz/22nd pick for him. It speaks to how feckless each of the teams that went for him were, in increasing levels of ineptitude ending with the Lakers. Now we have to possibly trade a first(s) to dump his expiring? Ugh.

maybe. The reality is though. If we fail to make play in this will be the 3rd lottery in 5 years. There is a bigger problem than russ
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I remember at the time most folks were like Kuz for Buddy makes sense ...bringing in that guard shooting....Kuz and half the team for WB????
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:31 pm    Post subject:

I thought Iverson was an inefficient chucker but I have to give him credit for bringing a team with Eric Snow, Mutumbo, Aaron McKie, and Tyrone Hill to the finals.

If you put Russ with those guys, I'm guessing lotto.

If you AI with KD and Harden... they probably win the title.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:59 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ThePettiestLA/status/1623350269781381120

One thing I will say, he seems like a really good dude.
I wish you the best in your future endeavors man.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Russ the person is great, plays with heart, doesn't miss games, guy you want to ride or die with. Not his fault he was massively overpaid and forced onto a team where he fits horribly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 417, 418, 419 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 418 of 426
Jump to: