Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:16 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten

Darvin Ham: “He gave the people what they wanted, in true LeBron fashion”

We wanted a win man.
C'mon. Season starts tomorrow and you have to go .700 the rest of the way!

He is a hype man and beggars Tony robins…

This trash is not a coach
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:27 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Asked Pat bev to guard giddy who is 6’8
Asked Dennis 5’11 to guard 6’6 SGA

Yeah nobody winning with garbage coach

Can’t play DEFENSE if ya don’t match up!!! Brown, Gabriel, Walker, Reeves give you at least size!!!

Sorry about Gabriel is cut out of the rotation now, and Christie is sent to the G League.

They get in the way of Ham’s precious 3/4 guard lineups.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

Can’t play DEFENSE if ya don’t match up!!! Brown, Gabriel, Walker, Reeves give you at least size!!!

Sorry about Gabriel is cut out of the rotation now, and Christie is sent to the G League.

Scotty pippen Jr licking his chops
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:32 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

Scotty pippen Jr licking his chops

That’s Ham’s secret sauce if Lakers trade Brick, Walker and Bev at deadline for wings.

“Oh, you think you stopped me from my rotations huh? Well HERE IS MY UNO REVERSE (bleep)!”

*calls up Scotty*

“Schroder-Scotty-Reaves-Lebron-AD! And then when Lebron goes to the bench, I’ll put in Troy Brown Jr at PF! YOU FOOLS CAN’T STOP ME! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:42 pm    Post subject:

In-game adjustment of Mr. Ham is pretty much inexistent.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:51 pm    Post subject:

I'll leave this here....

@3cbPerformance
#Lakers had 2 key games against teams near them in the standings…& gave 2 of their worst effort & detail level games of the season. The cherry on top - Coach Ham goes with the same rotation that gave up 70 in the 2nd half vs NOP and guess what? OKC drops 76 in the 1st half. 🚮
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:55 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
I'll leave this here....

@3cbPerformance
#Lakers had 2 key games against teams near them in the standings…& gave 2 of their worst effort & detail level games of the season. The cherry on top - Coach Ham goes with the same rotation that gave up 70 in the 2nd half vs NOP and guess what? OKC drops 76 in the 1st half. 🚮

I really, really, really, hate that man. He’s probably a nice guy or whatever, but man, what an idiotic coach.

He really is another Luke Walton/Byron Scott. I admired the ballsy decision to not go with a retread, but you gotta cut them loose when it turns out he’s a joke.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:56 pm    Post subject:

According to Trevor Lane, the “Lakers' 3 guard lineup (Beverley, Schroder, Westbrook) is a net -16.2 points per 100 possessions when LeBron James is off the court.”

They also combined for 12 turnovers tonight. 6 from Westbrook alone and 3 each from Dennis/Bev.

If we didn’t know better, we’d think Ham was a Lakers saboteur.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:16 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
According to Trevor Lane, the “Lakers' 3 guard lineup (Beverley, Schroder, Westbrook) is a net -16.2 points per 100 possessions when LeBron James is off the court.”

They also combined for 12 turnovers tonight. 6 from Westbrook alone and 3 each from Dennis/Bev.

If we didn’t know better, we’d think Ham was a Lakers saboteur.

Seems like all three; Jeanie/Pelinka/Ham are working for the Celtics as saboteurs. That would at least make more sense than believing they care...resign pelinka to an extension after last year, no trade of WB after last year's debacle, 3 and 4 guard line-ups, Gabriel DNPs, Bryant limited minutes, Reaves and TBjr at PF, Bev guarding 6'8" players on a consistent basis...makes more sense that they are sabotaging the team than believing they are this bad.

I'm being sarcastic but darn...can they really be this clueless? Why would they do the things they are doing or have done if they were really trying???
Valdarno
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Can someone please explain why Ham has not been playing Gabriel for quite a while now?
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:46 pm    Post subject:

I always think there is some front office influence in player rotations. I am assuming Bev has some sort of agreement to get starter mins and/or front office wants to showcase him for last ditch trade deadline effort. If not, Ham just does not see the same game nearly every fan sees. Certain matchups simply don't work and he just trots them out there like today will be the magic day it clicks.

I appreciate that he and Westbrook have found a healthy relationship, something Vogel was hamstrung (or incapable)in being able to do. But beyond that I continue to be confounded with the rest of his player rotation decisions.

Play more TB, Reaves, Christie and unless matchups dictate, limit 3 guard lineups and major size mismatches (especially when we have great length).

Just a mess to see. I wish reporter's would ask tougher Qs during the pressers post game.
Valdarno
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
I'll leave this here....

@3cbPerformance

I really, really, really, hate that man. He’s probably a nice guy or whatever, but man, what an idiotic coach.

He really is another Luke Walton/Byron Scott. I admired the ballsy decision to not go with a retread, but you gotta cut them loose when it turns out he’s a joke.

Imagine being stuck with Ham for 3 more seasons!
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:16 am    Post subject:

Valdarno wrote:
Megaton wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
I'll leave this here....

@3cbPerformance

Imagine being stuck with Ham for 3 more seasons!

And Pelinka for 3 more seasons along with Ham…imagine that too! Makes me shudder. I wouldn’t trust a rebuild with them, better off sticking with LBJ and AD and hope their sheer talent can overcome the incompetence of the front office and coach…like the last title overcame the incompetence of the FO and coach. That is the best hope we have because it looks like team is gonna suck until the GM and coach change and maybe even the owner.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:25 am    Post subject:

Hate to say it, but I’m on the fire Ham train now, good assistant not ready to be HC in the league….losing with a healthy LeBron and AD these last couple of games smh, it all got masked by LBJs chase, but sorry he has to go.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:37 am    Post subject:

Why doesn't he use Rui more? Play him as much as possible. He shoots well and i ll take his size over all our guards playing sf. this is why i don't want guard retuns from trades. Idiot blew his chance. After Lakers done with him i highly doubt he can get a HC job anywhere.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:31 am    Post subject:

With Vogel he was 2 time head coach and took his Indy team to finals. We micro managed him and made him hire head coaches under his staff

This time we hired an assistant who was trying to get job for the last 8 years. We let him pick his staff but didn’t mandate to have a single ex head coach on his staff

Why is that?

Clearly this guy is far from ready. Being a motivator only takes u so far before the players shut u off
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:34 am    Post subject:

I was very hopeful and optimistic about Ham's firing. But nearly 60% of the way in, he is way in above his head.

Jeanie won't fire him b/c he's owed 3 more years after this, and hers and Rob's reputation is staked on him.

But if this continues next year, he may be fired.

Why do the Lakers luck into elite players like Kobe/Pau/Shaq/LBJ/AD but get such bad luck with coaches, notwithstanding Phil?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:34 am    Post subject:

Look, this has to be said. I don't like to do this, but I must...

Mr. Ham needs to be fired.

This particular Lakers team needs a more experienced, more refined coach, and coaching staff. It's easy to say that we don't have a good team, but the fact is, we have Lebron James, Anthony Davis, and R. Westbrook on this team, and a host of competent role players. We do actually have a pretty good team, so what is missing must be at the coaching level.

I don't know if it's culture, ideology, X's and O's, I don't know. But, there is something fundamentally wrong with this Lakers team, and player personnel is not the primary reason.

Mr. Ham is a good person, just not the right fit for this particular Lakers team.

Mr. Ham needs to be fired. Let him flourish somewhere else.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I was very hopeful and optimistic about Ham's firing. But nearly 60% of the way in, he is way in above his head.

Jeanie won't fire him b/c he's owed 3 more years after this, and hers and Rob's reputation is staked on him.

Why do the Lakers luck into elite players like Kobe/Pau/Shaq/LBJ/AD but get such bad luck with coaches, notwithstanding Phil?

I would say that since their reputation is staked on him, he may dig them into a bigger hole as time goes on. Things are this bad, and they have the ability to make a swift but hard move. The question is do they have the humility and are they willing to pay? It may save LBJ and a huge PR issue. Ham is so bad that if they mortgage their future for help now, he renders it useless with his coaching and you squander winning now AND later.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:46 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Look, this has to be said. I don't like to do this, but I must...

Mr. Ham needs to be fired.

This particular Lakers team needs a more experienced, more refined coach, and coaching staff. It's easy to say that we don't have a good team, but the fact is, we have Lebron James, Anthony Davis, and R. Westbrook on this team, and a host of competent role players. We do actually have a pretty good team, so what is missing must be at the coaching level.

I don't know if it's culture, ideology, X's and O's, I don't know. But, there is something fundamentally wrong with this Lakers team, and player personnel is not the primary reason.

Mr. Ham is a good person, just not the right fit for this particular Lakers team.

Mr. Ham needs to be fired. Let him flourish somewhere else.

Agree 100%.
He’s another Byron Scott.
Just a guy that players like, not a real coach.
Doesn’t hold guys accountable.
Doesn’t get fired up.
Gets out-coached game after game.
His lineups are pure ass.
3 or 4 guard lineups are ass.
Not playing energy guys like Gabriel is ass.

He never has the team ready to play.
The team never is prepared defensively.
Who are all the assistant coaches in black shirts? What do they do? There are like 8 of them.

And for those arguing the point, there is no debate, Frank Vogel was a far better coach than this clown.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Del and Frankie V were not bad at all.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Likewise, was enthusiastic about his hiring, despite being sickened how they treated Vogel. But it's not looking like he has the chops. He has made so much of his agenda about how to use Russ. That and Bev at SF have just killed any chance of a credible strategy. But Ham has taken a bad situation and made it worse.

I also think he made a mistake not making sure Davis was in the game when Bron broke the record. That play will be part of league history, and Davis should have been on the floor for the moment.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:55 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
Dave McMenamin
@mcten

Darvin Ham: “He gave the people what they wanted, in true LeBron fashion”

We wanted a win man.
C'mon. Season starts tomorrow and you have to go .700 the rest of the way!

He is a hype man and beggars Tony robins…

This trash is not a coach

He is a fan.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
ESPN Sources: Lakers G Russell Westbrook and coach Darvin Ham had a brief, heated verbal exchange in the halftime locker room on Tuesday vs. OKC. Ham expressed frustration with how Westbrook lingered on the playing floor after getting subbed out of game late in second quarter

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:03 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Quote:
ESPN Sources: Lakers G Russell Westbrook and coach Darvin Ham had a brief, heated verbal exchange in the halftime locker room on Tuesday vs. OKC. Ham expressed frustration with how Westbrook lingered on the playing floor after getting subbed out of game late in second quarter

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Voices were raised in locker room, but discussion turned back to trying to win game vs. Thunder, sources said. Ham closed game with Westbrook, who had a season-high 14 points in fourth quarter. Ham and Westbrook dapped up prior to leaving arena later in night.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 105 of 277
Jump to: