Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1270, 1271, 1272 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:33 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
levon wrote:
twisted wrote:
My hot take: Lebron is going to ask for a trade, and let AD know, that is why AD was sulking

LeBron can't be traded, so cool that take.

Sorry, to clarify, I meant Lebron is going to ask to be traded after the season and he let AD know. Hence, the AD sulking.

Why would AD not celebrate the milestone with him? He told him he's requesting a trade in the middle of the game? They're always chipper whether or not they're even playing.

There's something else going on imo.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:36 am    Post subject:

He's tired of losing, that's obvious. The second thing, probably he's figuring out that the coaching changes and being the spectator on the Lebron celebration/farewell show isn't all it's cracked up to be.

AD came to LA to win, he was already putting up monster numbers and being the guy on a mediocre team in Pelicans. Outside of 2019-2021, the Lakers have been pretty bad. I think it's starting to catch up to AD. Of all the big 3, the one that seemed most upset at the end of last season was AD. He also seemed the most upset at the 2-10 start and took it on himself to get the team going. Without AD getting going then (When Lebron was pacing himself to start the season) the Lakers are probably 20-30 right now.

He's not like Lebron where he already has 4 in the bag and has individual numbers to look forward to in the all time list.

Then you factor the injuries, not making the all-star team again due to that. His career isn't what it was 2 years ago.

All that said, it's a bad look. I just don't think he's happy about what's going on. He's coming back from injury that maybe he was best to sit out longer for. He isn't playing towards a championship. And he's now on the Lebron celebration/retirement tour as a sidekick. Big contrast to 2019.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:59 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
He's tired of losing, that's obvious. The second thing, probably he's figuring out that the coaching changes and being the spectator on the Lebron celebration/farewell show isn't all it's cracked up to be.

AD came to LA to win, he was already putting up monster numbers and being the guy on a mediocre team in Pelicans. Outside of 2019-2021, the Lakers have been pretty bad. I think it's starting to catch up to AD. Of all the big 3, the one that seemed most upset at the end of last season was AD. He also seemed the most upset at the 2-10 start and took it on himself to get the team going. Without AD getting going then (When Lebron was pacing himself to start the season) the Lakers are probably 20-30 right now.

He's not like Lebron where he already has 4 in the bag and has individual numbers to look forward to in the all time list.

Then you factor the injuries, not making the all-star team again due to that. His career isn't what it was 2 years ago.

All that said, it's a bad look. I just don't think he's happy about what's going on. He's coming back from injury that maybe he was best to sit out longer for. He isn't playing towards a championship. And he's now on the Lebron celebration/retirement tour as a sidekick. Big contrast to 2019.

I understand all the frustration and if its building up. Just weird that he can not celebrate or be happy in that moment tho. Something clearly happen right before Lebron broke the record.

Maybe he was pissed that Ham took him out just right before Bron broke the record. He probably wanted to be on the court with him.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:57 am    Post subject:

The media sure is running with this story. I'm guessing that AD is just sick of losing and watching (bleep) defense. Can't blame him for that.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:58 am    Post subject:

Top 75 my ass
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:07 am    Post subject:

I think AD is frustrated, BUT he is supposed to be the one grabbing the torch, if you don't like it, which you shouldn't, lead by freaking example!!!

If AD can't take on that mantle, then we need to move him.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:52 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

All that said, it's a bad look. I just don't think he's happy about what's going on. He's coming back from injury that maybe he was best to sit out longer for. He isn't playing towards a championship. And he's now on the Lebron pcelebration/retirement tour as a sidekick. Big contrast to 2019.

He can leave, bye Felicia
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:28 am    Post subject:

He’s a great player but just another dude whose career is lessened by injuries. This guy will never make it through a season and a hypothetical playoff run without a significant injury along the way.

Lakers have to consider moving him. He’ll only get worse in his 30s and you could get value for him. No way you can build around this guy.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:59 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
He’s a great player but just another dude whose career is lessened by injuries. This guy will never make it through a season and a hypothetical playoff run without a significant injury along the way.

Lakers have to consider moving him. He’ll only get worse in his 30s and you could get value for him. No way you can build around this guy.

I hear ya, but what is his trade value? He is the definition of feast or famine. He may be healthy but he went from MVP numbers for a stretch to being nonexistent last night. I don't know if it's mental, and Ham can only hinder him so much. He has to go out and get his.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:24 am    Post subject:

Only people that want AD gone are LeBron apologists who treat the great supporting stars he’s had throughout his career as disposable. They got their ring out of AD and now they want to sent him packing so LeBron can chase MJ’s ring count. How dare AD not participate in that awkward celebration of individual accomplishment while his team is 5 game below .500 (sarcasm)
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:38 am    Post subject:

My thing is this, if Davis isn’t 100% or 90%, JUST DON’T PLAY!!
Tired of seeing this guy have inept games where he looks like he’s moving in quicksand.
Where is the fire?
Why aren’t you demanding the ball?
Why aren’t you defending, rebounding?
If your foot isn’t right, don’t play.

He should have been able to dominate yesterday.
Instead, he barely contributed.

If you’re not right, don’t play.

I am tired of this lousy team and lousy coach. Zero fire in these guys.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:40 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Only people that want AD gone are LeBron apologists who treat the great supporting stars he’s had throughout his career as disposable. They got their ring out of AD and now they want to sent him packing so LeBron can chase MJ’s ring count. How dare AD not participate in that awkward celebration of individual accomplishment while his team is 5 game below .500 (sarcasm)

Most of the "AD should get traded" discourse has been centered around a rebuild, as in AD has the most value and would bring back the most draft capital. But go on with your opportunistic interpretation.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:43 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:

Lebron can literally save your life and still you would defend Kobe to your dying breath. Of course if this was Kobe's celebration, you would be defending this exact same celebration as well. The Kobe vs Lebron debate was long settled. Its about time you get with the times.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:43 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Tired of seeing this guy have inept games where he looks like he’s moving in quicksand.
Where is the fire?

There was clearly something wrong with his mental approach to the game last night and we have no idea why he was playing so lousy and uninterested there was a lack of interest factor with him last night and when we need to get as many as wins as possible that is very unacceptable
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:05 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Lebron can literally save your life and still you would defend Kobe to your dying breath. Of course if this was Kobe's celebration, you would be defending this exact same celebration as well. The Kobe vs Lebron debate was long settled. Its about time you get with the times.

Who brought up Kobe?

Damn, go outside and touch grass. Bron Stans can't even enjoy his historic accomplishment without somehow bringing Bean into this. Let the man rest in peace.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:06 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Most of the "AD should get traded" discourse has been centered around a rebuild, as in AD has the most value and would bring back the most draft capital. But go on with your opportunistic interpretation.

So would you trade LeBron as well in this "rebuild"...?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:10 am    Post subject:

Gotta trade AD. The only way we shouldn't is if we win a ring this year. The sample size is there.

We know bron isn't going anywhere, especially after last night and I'm sure he would understand.

bron
rui
are really the only guys who should be back and the only reason Rui is because of his size and versatility.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:11 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Who brought up Kobe?

Damn, go outside and touch grass. Bron Stans can't even enjoy his historic accomplishment without somehow bringing Bean into this. Let the man rest in peace.

Are you joking? Everyone knows your Kobe loving Bron bashing shtick. Its like literally all if not most of what you post.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:14 am    Post subject:

I think he is hurt. No aggression from him at all, looked like he didn't even want to play which if he is hurt - would make sense.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:16 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Batguano wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Who brought up Kobe?

Are you joking? Everyone knows your Kobe loving Bron bashing shtick. Its like literally all if not most of what you post.

Yet you're the one that brought up Kobe, curious...

I appreciate you keeping tabs on me, though. Feels good to be noticed.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:19 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
I think he is hurt. No aggression from him at all, looked like he didn't even want to play which if he is hurt - would make sense.

I don’t think you really understand what hurt means.. if he was hurt the Lakers wouldn’t have allowed him to suit up, usually the player who doesn’t feel right tells the coach at shootaround and a decision gets made
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:22 am    Post subject:

if hes hurt it probably means his "stress" injury will be reoccurring. If that's the case IMHO he's done. It wont get the rest needed to properly heal, assuming that's what it takes. If he does rest the pelicans are in the wem sweepstakes.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:26 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Where is the fire?

If he plays and does not play well... people will complain
If he does not play... people will complain

The only thing that will make this better for AD is to stop getting hurt.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:37 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:

I don’t think you really understand what hurt means.. if he was hurt the Lakers wouldn’t have allowed him to suit up, usually the player who doesn’t feel right tells the coach at shootaround and a decision gets made

It could be a confidence or mental thing. If he has some nagging pain in that foot, might be part of the issue - something he can play through safely, but mentally might be something he is hesitant to push through because he doesn't want to go down again.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:40 am    Post subject:

its crazy how people still are making excuses for him. We know exactly what/who he is. Hes done here.
get us dd/caruso/patrick Williams and a pick.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1270, 1271, 1272 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 1271 of 1427
Jump to: