*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Oklahoma City Thunder (02/07/23 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm#55 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicMamba88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
https://twitter.com/ownhimad/status/1623199958189973504?s=46&t=B2VPtmWSyLjvaUsfsu6NOA

Something is definitely up with AD.

Dude was super uninterested today

yea i notice that when the Lakers posted this video

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1623188343378022401
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
https://twitter.com/ownhimad/status/1623199958189973504?s=46&t=B2VPtmWSyLjvaUsfsu6NOA

Well in that specific moment he was probably just mad/disappointed/etc that he wasn't on the floor with LeBron.

Last edited by TDRock on Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Yikes. Hope he is going by Thursday afternoon.

Otherwise another month sabbatical is coming
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:22 pm    Post subject:

MagicMamba88 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

yea i notice that when the Lakers posted this video

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1623188343378022401

If we keep losing, just do the surgery to remove the bone spur now
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:25 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
samnizam wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
We fired Vogel because Ham is better at sucking off Russ and keeping him in check.

SMH.

Our coach is a complete idiot.

Stop the Vogel stupidity… if he is that great then why he still unemployed

Because the Lakers are still paying him 😂

If you gave Frank this team with this youth, their scoring would be down but their defense would be very different

If you think Vogel is a good coach wow. A coach is good as his players…

I didn’t call him an all time great coach. He is better than Ham though. He simply is especially defensively.

Dennis KCP Kuzma Markieff Marc
Caruso Wes Harrel

Frank still had that group as a top 3 defense playing 45 ball with Bron and AD both out and hurt in the west. He did that after the bubble and he made it work to win games because his defense was that good.

Frank got Hibbert Lance PG to the playoffs every year off defense. And he’ll for all the stuff he takes the team last year was a 500 team with Rondo on the team as they only bottomed out once he was gone from the locker room.

Ham has not shown reliable defense. He’s shown nothing close to what Frank did Lillard or Harden in the playoffs by scheming for them. He’s shown no ability to even go with the right matchup like Dwight vs Joker or using Markieff, starting Javale and benching Javale when needed. If that was frank and Ingram was roasting them the defense changes and the traps change and you know it based off history.

His last year in LA he didn’t have young legs and he had the problem of the team wanting Russ to start. But if you give Frank the team he has right now with Pat Bev, Dennis who he had a top d with, Reeves/Walker, Brown, and Gabriel/Bryant he makes it work well enough to get stops. He’s also damn sure not playing Pat, Dennis, and Russ together when they are a net negative by 17 points as a trio on the season
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:27 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Well in that specific moment he was probably just mad/disappointed/etc that he wasn't on the floor with LeBron.

Still does not look good imo...
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:31 pm    Post subject:

AD had 4 early fouls. Couldn’t get a rhythm.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
samnizam wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
samnizam wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
We fired Vogel because Ham is better at sucking off Russ and keeping him in check.

SMH.

If you gave Frank this team with this youth, their scoring would be down but their defense would be very different

I didn’t call him an all time great coach. He is better than Ham though. He simply is especially defensively.

Caruso Wes Harrel

Frank still had that group as a top 3 defense playing 45 ball with Bron and AD both out and hurt in the west. He did that after the bubble and he made it work to win games because his defense was that good.

Frank got Hibbert Lance PG to the playoffs every year off defense. And he’ll for all the stuff he takes the team last year was a 500 team with Rondo on the team as they only bottomed out once he was gone from the locker room.

Ham has not shown reliable defense. He’s shown nothing close to what Frank did Lillard or Harden in the playoffs by scheming for them. He’s shown no ability to even go with the right matchup like Dwight vs Joker or using Markieff, starting Javale and benching Javale when needed. If that was frank and Ingram was roasting them the defense changes and the traps change and you know it based off history.

His last year in LA he didn’t have young legs and he had the problem of the team wanting Russ to start. But if you give Frank the team he has right now with Pat Bev, Dennis who he had a top d with, Reeves/Walker, Brown, and Gabriel/Bryant he makes it work well enough to get stops. He’s also damn sure not playing Pat, Dennis, and Russ together when they are a net negative by 17 points as a trio on the season

A skunk stinks more than a pig but they both still suck. Vogel's performance last year was a fireable offense but it looks to me that Ham is just as bad...not sure which is which but they both stink...don't think the Lakers compete with either.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Yeah, pretty horrible look regardless of any way you try to twist it.. The entire team and nearly everyone in attendance was up on there feet while AD took a seat and gave zero eff's when his teammate broke a pretty massive record.

I do agree it all felt super forced and kind of sad considering how bad we are as a team but you have to at least show a tiny bit of support.. God only knows what kind of drama is going on behind the scenes though...
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers D on the last games was pathetic.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Yeah, pretty horrible look regardless of any way you try to twist it.. The entire team and nearly everyone in attendance was up on there feet while AD took a seat and gave zero eff's when his teammate broke a pretty massive record.

I do agree it all felt super forced and kind of sad considering how bad we are as a team but you have to at least show a tiny bit of support.. God only knows what kind of drama is going on behind the scenes though...

I just saw another video with what appeared to be LeBron consoling AD on the bench? So... I don't know what was happening there.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
samnizam wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
samnizam wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

SMH.

Caruso Wes Harrel

A skunk stinks more than a pig but they both still suck. Vogel's performance last year was a fireable offense but it looks to me that Ham is just as bad...not sure which is which but they both stink...don't think the Lakers compete with either.

It was pretty clear to me that once Vogel lost some of his assistants (Kidd especially) he was never remotely the same level of coach for us and especially his adjustments nearly disappeared altogether. I remember during our run he was incredible with both in game and inbetween game adjustments. By the middle of last Season nobody on the roster seemed to respect him anymore so regardless he had to be done for us as he completely lost the team.

Ham sadly has only looked worse if anything but i'm def. not wishing Vogel was back.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:43 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
hype wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

I just saw another video with what appeared to be LeBron consoling AD on the bench? So... I don't know what was happening there.

They showed on tnt lebron and him hugging and lebron saying I love you to him.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Vogel didn’t have max Christie, Troy brown, Rui, walker, TB.I am sure he would play them if he was the coach. He did go big before and his defense scheme is far superior(if given the right players), we didn’t have them last season, but we have some now. Even in 2021, the injury plagued season, Lakers were elite on defense.
What is Ham’s excuse?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:45 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
hype wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

That's good to hear.. Probably just overreacting from me and a bunch of other people but it did look pretty bad. This team is just a mess from top to bottom and maybe he was just pissed at Ham along with everything else building up over the last couple years for all I know.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Really weird game. Westbrook played like his usual self but the rest of the team - understandably - seemed like they were just there to let LeBron do his thing. The Lakers had taken all of the momentum and were starting to take over when LeBron broke the record but LeBron was very quiet after the celebration even though he was getting whatever he wanted all game and no one could stop him. I guess it was just the emotion of the moment.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Reaves played only 6 games but Dennis played 32 mins 😂
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Since nobody created a game thread for the bucks game, I will just say that they embarrassed us last season on our home court, but it would be foolish of me to think this team can get revenge. Hopefully we make some changes by then
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:53 pm    Post subject:

AD’s actions looked like a pouting protest. He sat down when the entire arena was standing and cheering. Without commentary we don’t know, just speculating…but that is what it looked like…as if he wasn’t supporting his teammate.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:54 pm    Post subject:

As if having this team doesn’t irritate us on a consistent basis we now have a troll running around during games to piss us off with his BS trolling... his username today was Kareem_Is_Better_33 mods need to make sure making multiple accounts aren’t easy for anyone
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:13 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
As if having this team doesn’t irritate us on a consistent basis we now have a troll running around during games to piss us off with his BS trolling... his username today was Kareem_Is_Better_33 mods need to make sure making multiple accounts aren’t easy for anyone

You tell em, Kobeee 2.0
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:09 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Vogel didn’t have max Christie, Troy brown, Rui, walker, TB.I am sure he would play them if he was the coach. He did go big before and his defense scheme is far superior(if given the right players), we didn’t have them last season, but we have some now. Even in 2021, the injury plagued season, Lakers were elite on defense.
What is Ham’s excuse?

STOP THE VOGEL COMPARISON HE IS UNEMPLOYED…. IF HE IS THAT GREAT HE WOULD BE WORKING BY NOW…..
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:55 am    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
What is Ham’s excuse?

STOP THE VOGEL COMPARISON HE IS UNEMPLOYED…. IF HE IS THAT GREAT HE WOULD BE WORKING BY NOW…..

I remember certain orange haired guy loved using all CAPS who has since became the laughing stock of the world.
Vogel is still unemployed, and Ham is a worse coach than him.
There are good coaches not employed too, Snyder for one?
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:19 am    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
What is Ham’s excuse?

Wtf are you so mad ? Lol

We’re comparing because Vogel literally is that guy we fired before hiring Ham.

The only stupidity going on is you just pushing that Vogel is still unemployed as your only argument.

Unemployed or not he was better than Ham. You’d have to be a moron to not understand that.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:28 am    Post subject:

Hey, regarding Vogel, and why he isn’t coaching, from what I read, he originally got a 3 year deal with the Lakers plus a 1 year extension through 2022-2023 season.

He’s not coaching because he is still getting paid, folks, not because he sucks.

Still better than Ham by a mile. No dispute there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38
Jump to: