NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1150, 1151, 1152 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:00 am    Post subject:

I think the Lakers have to seriously consider moving AD by the trade deadline....I know it's unlikely, but if the season trends this way and AD "asks" out in the Summer, the Lakers are going to be even more screwed if we decide to trade then.

Really for me sadly the whole Lakers organization needs a re-boot AGAIN.

1) Jeanie needs to step up, way to passive and absent
2) Rob needs to be fired, should never have gotten the extension in the first place and this season and last shows why.
3) Ham demoted to assistant, which I know he wouldn't take so he needs to be fired as well
4) Need to move WB, Lonnie, and Bev by the trade deadline rather than losing them for nothing in the Summer, because I don't believe they are in the Lakers future.
5) See if you can move AD for another start to pair with Bron, swing for KD? If not a lateral move, need to get young players and picks back.
6) Hire an actual President of Basketball Operations, NOT Magic who flaked, but a real deal NBA person.
7) For the love of god hire a coach who at a minimum knows how to set up an NBA rotation, should have a PROVEN track record.
8) Hire a GM with a PROVEN track record.
9) If the above results in us getting younger with draft capital, work with Bron to move him this Summer. My preference is to keep Bron and give him a better roster, but if that doesn't work out, move him for pieces he has shown he can still operate at a high level AND sell tickets.
10) Stamp out with extreme prejudice the culture of mediocrity that seeped into the Lakers organization
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:11 am    Post subject:

Hoping for a trade to reinvigorate the team, but now that Lebron's got the scoring record, there's a real "pack it in" vibe emanating from last night.
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:47 am    Post subject:

You may blow this team up. Trade anybody, get more young pieces, some picks. We will not go anywhere if Dumb Ham still your coach. Any coach continuously using 3 guard lineup w/ 1 guard guarding players 6-8 inches taller than him has a Dumb Coach all the way!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:07 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
You could also make a deal where you use some of the picks you gained from an AD trade to unload Westbrook for some younger soon to be FAs you want to sign (Toronto's players for example). There's a lot of scenarios here, and I'd be for it personally, even though I love AD's game and think he gets way too little credit for the title win.

Sadly, we're at the point where these sorts of discussions become relevant. I guess there can be a theory that the team laid an egg last night because everyone was obsessed with Lebron's record. That's pretty optimistic, but it's possible. Otherwise, we're going to need to think about just taking our lumps for all of Pelinka's blunders. Jeanie will not like that path, so the actual result could be another awful trade at the deadline.

I definitely think they were focused on the record, but that’s also because it’s a bad team. On any given night they have to have everything go well for them in order to win. Aside from some flashes and a couple mini runs they’ve just been bad all year. There’s this notion that a trade could turn the tides and we would be back to where we were in 2020. It’s getting harder to justify that position. It’s just a bad team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:24 am    Post subject:

Last night is basically the high point of the season, and it's only February 8, 2023. This is the culmination of a do-nothing front office that has had 2 trade deadlines to do something about the Russ trade debacle and hasn't found a solution.

Now that LBJ's scoring record is out of the way, what can Jeanie sell to the fanbase if she does not moves by Thursday? Getting a Josh Richardson for Bev or something ancillary is not going to move the needle. Either you make a big push (i.e. FVV/GTJ) or you have to consider trading AD now and blowing this thing up. Lakers have straddled the "we can't do anything about Russ" line too long and now the chickens will come home to roost.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:26 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
You could also make a deal where you use some of the picks you gained from an AD trade to unload Westbrook for some younger soon to be FAs you want to sign (Toronto's players for example). There's a lot of scenarios here, and I'd be for it personally, even though I love AD's game and think he gets way too little credit for the title win.

Sadly, we're at the point where these sorts of discussions become relevant. I guess there can be a theory that the team laid an egg last night because everyone was obsessed with Lebron's record. That's pretty optimistic, but it's possible. Otherwise, we're going to need to think about just taking our lumps for all of Pelinka's blunders. Jeanie will not like that path, so the actual result could be another awful trade at the deadline.

I definitely think they were focused on the record, but that’s also because it’s a bad team. On any given night they have to have everything go well for them in order to win. Aside from some flashes and a couple mini runs they’ve just been bad all year. There’s this notion that a trade could turn the tides and we would be back to where we were in 2020. It’s getting harder to justify that position. It’s just a bad team.

Also, the sheer lunacy of Ham's 3, even 4 guard lineups last night was on full display. Giddey just toyed with Bev all night, so too did SGA. The OKC guards blew by, posted up, or just manhandled Dennis/Bev/Russ all night. What's the point of going small when our small guys can't contain perimeter players?

If nothing else, you have to trade 2 of Russ/Bev/Lonnie to just clear up the space so Ham is forced to play Austin/Max (two guys who the Lakers were reluctant to trade, so why not play them).
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:28 am    Post subject:

What if Jeannie was just waiting for the scoring record to be broken by a Laker and then will now look to move LeBron before the trade deadline? LeBron, Davis and Westbrook all gone in one day?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:29 am    Post subject:

This team… sigh, still gonna support but dang, giving me ulcers
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:32 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
What if Jeannie was just waiting for the scoring record to be broken by a Laker and then will now look to move LeBron before the trade deadline? LeBron, Davis and Westbrook all gone in one day?

LBJ is not trade-eligible this whole season. And I doubt even with this terrible front office, that LBJ wants to leave LA.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Big Game James wrote:

LBJ is not trade-eligible this whole season. And I doubt even with this terrible front office, that LBJ wants to leave LA.

I don't think he wants to go anywhere either, but this team isn't going anywhere also.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:36 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

We're now about 30 hours from the trade deadline. I can still see it going either way. I haven't heard any serious trade proposal that would make this team a contender, but now we're on the cusp of dropping out of contention for the play-in. The pressure to do *something* is going to be immense.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Last night is basically the high point of the season, and it's only February 8, 2023. This is the culmination of a do-nothing front office that has had 2 trade deadlines to do something about the Russ trade debacle and hasn't found a solution.

Now that LBJ's scoring record is out of the way, what can Jeanie sell to the fanbase if she does not moves by Thursday? Getting a Josh Richardson for Bev or something ancillary is not going to move the needle. Either you make a big push (i.e. FVV/GTJ) or you have to consider trading AD now and blowing this thing up. Lakers have straddled the "we can't do anything about Russ" line too long and now the chickens will come home to roost.

It’s increasingly feeling like wandering the desert looking for water and seeing mirages. Take the proposed FVV/Trent idea, which is probably the best of all the theoretical trades and probably isn’t available. Would it really change our fortunes that much? We’d be better. We’d be more competitive. Are we beating Boston? Or any other top team? Would we play a single playoff series where we have the better coach? I understand there’s a desire to just do something. It crested last week with the embarrassing simping folks were doing over Kyrie Irving of all people. It’s probably time to just start looking forward.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:39 am    Post subject:

I’d trade ad straight up for pascal siakam

I am so done with the 50% games AD
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:50 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
On any given night they have to have everything go well for them in order to win. Aside from some flashes and a couple mini runs they’ve just been bad all year. There’s this notion that a trade could turn the tides and we would be back to where we were in 2020. It’s getting harder to justify that position. It’s just a bad team.

Sadly shakes head in agreement.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:53 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:
On any given night they have to have everything go well for them in order to win. Aside from some flashes and a couple mini runs they’ve just been bad all year. There’s this notion that a trade could turn the tides and we would be back to where we were in 2020. It’s getting harder to justify that position. It’s just a bad team.

Sadly shakes head in agreement.

Me too but I don’t trust the clowns running the show
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:03 am    Post subject:

Forget trades guys...Seriously this team can have all the right players and fricken Ham will find a way to F it up. Man I hate this guy. What a disaster coach he is. He got the job on "holding players accountable" STFU! Hold yourself accountable. He has no credentials, no resume, absolutely nothing to be deserving of a head coach. Man did the FO screw this one up. Save the picks, don't make any trades. Wait for the off season to can this loser.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:10 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Forget trades guys...Seriously this team can have all the right players and fricken Ham will find a way to F it up. Man I hate this guy. What a disaster coach he is. He got the job on "holding players accountable" STFU! Hold yourself accountable. He has no credentials, no resume, absolutely nothing to be deserving of a head coach. Man did the FO screw this one up. Save the picks, don't make any trades. Wait for the off season to can this loser.

Dumb hires dumber because he has no freaking idea what to look for in a coach to begin with
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:18 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Dumb hires dumber because he has no freaking idea what to look for in a coach to begin with

I don’t think Ham was a dumb hire. You take a chance on people and he was a well regarded candidate. It was a shallow coaching pool. Feels like he is best suited to be an assistant.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:21 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
King Randle wrote:

I don’t think Ham was a dumb hire. You take a chance on people and he was a well regarded candidate. It was a shallow coaching pool. Feels like he is best suited to be an assistant.

I made a post in ham thread: the micro managed Vogel to hire assistants but they let an assistant to hire his entire staff which has 0 head coaching experience
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:25 am    Post subject:

Any trade(s) should be looking to improve the team for next 3 years and ensure the team has continuity and sustainability.

Don’t be fooled by the stars that we got and think it’s a quick fix. You got young players barking at Lebron and to a lesser extent day to Davis more than ever.

People don’t want to admit it, but there is no longer that fear of our stars. They could wilt chamberlain a game and the opponent would still feel comfortable.

Edit: I think this season is officially done after last night’s debacle. Don’t think they come back from that honestly. This should be all about getting out of this embarrassment cycle.

Jeanie, Rob, Klutch should all be feeling pressure to get this right. It’s unacceptable what has happened. We shouldn’t be Knicks west. GTFO if you aren’t in it to be the Lakers.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:46 am    Post subject:

I wish this management had the guts to trade AD but they won’t do it right now, every time this guy gets hurt we have fans saying to wait until he gets back so the team can start playing well again and we have literally looked worse as a team since he came back from his injury.. we should have lost the Pacers game which right now would have had us with a 24-31 record
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:48 am    Post subject:

Buyout market here we come. I'm highly doubting we make any significant moves guys. There just doesn't seem to be many realistic moves out there worth making without sacrificing future flexibility, and I get the sense that this FO doesn't deem the team worthy of going all in for...
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:51 am    Post subject:

FVV and GTJ or bust. These two would really reenergize our team.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:53 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Buyout market here we come. I'm highly doubting we make any significant moves guys. There just doesn't seem to be many realistic moves out there worth making without sacrificing future flexibility, and I get the sense that this FO doesn't deem the team worthy of going all in for...

Why would a buyout guy come here?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:54 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
King Randle wrote:

I don’t believe Ham is a one year wait and see. And I don’t believe our FO are keen on trying to compete this year. Otherwise they could have pulled the Turner and Hield plug. It’s not they forecasted a parity this year and seen how AD and Lebron still elite when healthy and still competitive. And that’s the key, them being healthy which like running through land mines. I think the Lakers will ride this year out and will make a small moves unless someone offer a no brainer for Westbrook or a chance for another star.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1150, 1151, 1152 ... 2544, 2545, 2546  Next
Page 1151 of 2546
Jump to: