Craft you worst Laker draft night horror scenario (2007)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Craft you worst Laker draft night horror scenario (2007)

Mine would be with Cory Brewer somehow still on the board at pick 19 and Mitch takes Brandon Rush. Although it wouldn't be as bad as the previous Rush pick with Prince still on the board, it would still hurt...especially if Miami picked Brewer up at 20.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject:

No...

Stern: "With the twentieth pick of the 2007 NBA Draft, the Los Angeles Lakers select... Nick Fazekas of Nevada!"
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
No...

Stern: "With the twentieth pick of the 2007 NBA Draft, the Los Angeles Lakers select... Nick Fazekas of Nevada!"

I know I'm going to lose sleep just thinking about that one.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject:

Eric Montross....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject:

Mark Hurlbarf, Esq. wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
No...

I know I'm going to lose sleep just thinking about that one.

I'm already having nightmares.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject:

Basically any of the players like Alando Tucker, Aaron Afflalo, Mbah A Moute, Marcus Williams, Acie Law, Mike Conley, Corey Brewer, etc. on the board and for some reason, we take an Aaron Grey, Nick Fazekas, Josh McRoberts, or some Euro-stiff no one has heard of.

My goal for our draft is someone who can play D, has consistently produced during college (even at just a solid level if not an extroadinary one, those would be lottery picks), and hopefully has played at least two years in college.

I don't want someone with "untapped potential," I want a known entity that the scouts say have peaked.....all that means is we know what we'll get from him and can rely on him, probably a smart player who is ready to contribute. I am one for the mindset that the more college experience one has and if they still have looked NBA capable that entire time, then it is likely they are pretty good, its just the hype died down because they were around too long...(see Josh Howard).

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Craft you worst Laker draft night horror scenario (2007)

Mine would be with Cory Brewer somehow still on the board at pick 19 and Mitch takes Brandon Rush. Although it wouldn't be as bad as the previous Rush pick with Prince still on the board, it would still hurt...especially if Miami picked Brewer up at 20.

no way Brewer lasts to pick 19 or 20. After the tourny he is now a top 10 pick if not higher.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Craft you worst Laker draft night horror scenario (2007)

If Corey Brewer is still on the board when the Lakers draft and they don't take him, then Mitch Kupchak must be fired immmediately.

Seriously, if that happens the fans need to rise up and say enough already.

Corey Brewer is the guy I want, he would be the PERFECT Laker in this fan's opinion.
DzLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Corey Brewer is the guy I want, he would be the PERFECT Laker in this fan's opinion.

Unfortunately, after the tourny, now that everyone has seen that he steps up in big games, he won't be anywhere close to where we pick.

Personally I'd like to see us package our pick, the Bobcats pick and someone like Cook to trade up...really doesn't matter who for since it's too early to know anything anyway but I think we need to be higher to get a player who can come in and make an impact right away. Quality over quantity this draft.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject:

The Magic getting the first or second pick in the draft... then giving the pick to the Pistons as part of the Darko M. trade.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
The Magic getting the first or second pick in the draft... then giving the pick to the Pistons as part of the Darko M. trade.....

it's top 5 protected.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Craft you worst Laker draft night horror scenario (2007)

LakerLanny wrote:

If Corey Brewer is still on the board when the Lakers draft and they don't take him, then Mitch Kupchak must be fired immmediately.

Seriously, if that happens the fans need to rise up and say enough already.

Quack
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Unless atlanta gets a top 3 pick, the worst thing that WILL happen to the lakers is phoenix getting either the 4th or 5th pick because of atlanta. Depending on how things shake up, phoenix will have their choice of possibly B.Wright, Horford,Jianlian, Noah, Green, Brewer and others. Considering their starting 5 and sixth man depth, this can only be bad news for the lakers
iceberg01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject:

Two words:

NICK FAZEKAS.
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject:

Two words:

Austin.

Ainge.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: