Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 498, 499, 500 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject:

Canelo vs GGG III - Sep 17

Quote:
Sources: Canelo Alvarez close to 2-fight deal with Matchroom Boxing to face Dmitry Bivol, Gennadiy Golovkin

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/33253262/sources-canelo-alvarez-close-2-fight-deal-matchroom-boxing-face-dmitry-bivol-gennadiy-golovkin

Canelo will be 32 (born Jul 1990)
GGG - 40 (born April 1982)

Fight to be scheduled for Sep 17, 2022
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

Quote:
Sources: Canelo Alvarez close to 2-fight deal with Matchroom Boxing to face Dmitry Bivol, Gennadiy Golovkin

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/33253262/sources-canelo-alvarez-close-2-fight-deal-matchroom-boxing-face-dmitry-bivol-gennadiy-golovkin

Canelo has started to ride the gravy train. He's doing what Money May is being railed for. Will he get the same treatment? Bivol may prove to be more a challenge than some are giving him to be. He's a pretty good boxer. GGG is on his way out. He should get by Ryota Murata 16W 13KO 2L.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject:

John Ryder defeats Daniel Jacobs 115 113 Jacobs 115 113 Ryder 115 113 Ryder. Jacobs won the first 6 with ease. He seemed to run out of gas. He doesn't have the power he showed earlier in his career. Daniel may be close to the end of his career.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject:

Today on DAZN Pre fights 3:00pm Main event 5:30pm PST

Chocolatito Gonzalez 53 fights 50 wins 3 losses
By knockout 41 1
By decision 9 2

vs

Julio Cesar Martinez. 21 fights 18 wins 1 loss
By knockout 14 0
By decision 4 1
No contests 2

Gonzalez vs Estrada was a war. LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject:

Chocolatito whooped Martinez's ass. Straight took him to school. I gave Martinez the 1st round.

Have to give it to Julio, he has a granite chin and a warrior's heart. I don't see how he took the punishment he did and stayed on his feet. During the post-fight interview, Román said he was surprised also.

Tito is still one of the most entertaining fighters in the game. He gives it from start to finish.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:12 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

Quote:

Let’s be real, we all, yes, we all, would watch the trilogy (Bivol is no slouch either, he’s bigger) but I also expect Canelo to either knock out or beat up GGG convincingly
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:23 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Quote:

Let’s be real, we all, yes, we all, would watch the trilogy (Bivol is no slouch either, he’s bigger) but I also expect Canelo to either knock out or beat up GGG convincingly

Canelo is living off of his name. He's riding the gravy train, fighting tomato cans. When will fight fans see the Mayweather syndrome? Canelo started his career fighting the best of the best. Now that he has money he won't risk a loss. I ain't mad at him.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:39 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Chocolatito whooped Martinez's ass. Straight took him to school. I gave Martinez the 1st round.

Have to give it to Julio, he has a granite chin and a warrior's heart. I don't see how he took the punishment he did and stayed on his feet. During the post-fight interview, Román said he was surprised also.

Tito is still one of the most entertaining fighters in the game. He gives it from start to finish.

Martinez was likely weight drained he blew the weigh in by a whopping 1.5 pounds and it took him 2 hours to sweat it off. By the 6th round it was reported in his corner he was already complaining about being tired.

Solid job by Gonzalez but he's never been a one punch knockout guy at 115. More like an accumulation of punches. Where he goes from here who knows. Inoue and Donaire are probably the biggest paydays but both guys can crack and I see him loosingboth of those fights. A third fight with Estrada, ok but the money is not there for that fight. He's getting up there in age and he wants some paydays before he hangs them up.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

jodeke wrote:

Martinez was likely weight drained he blew the weigh in by a whopping 1.5 pounds and it took him 2 hours to sweat it off. By the 6th round it was reported in his corner he was already complaining about being tired.

Solid job by Gonzalez but he's never been a one punch knockout guy at 115. More like an accumulation of punches. Where he goes from here who knows. Inoue and Donaire are probably the biggest paydays but both guys can crack and I see him loosingboth of those fights. A third fight with Estrada, ok but the money is not there for that fight. He's getting up there in age and he wants some paydays before he hangs them up.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

jodeke wrote:

Solid job by Gonzalez but he's never been a one punch knockout guy at 115. More like an accumulation of punches. Where he goes from here who knows. Inoue and Donaire are probably the biggest paydays but both guys can crack and I see him losing both of those fights. A third fight with Estrada, ok but the money is not there for that fight. He's getting up there in age and he wants some paydays before he hangs them up.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Quote:

Canelo is living off of his name. He's riding the gravy train, fighting tomato cans. When will fight fans see the Mayweather syndrome? Canelo started his career fighting the best of the best. Now that he has money he won't risk a loss. I ain't mad at him.

Billy Joe
Caleb Plant
Bivol

He’s fighting the current belt holder back2back2back, I mean, I’d give the man his prop
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Quote:

Billy Joe
Caleb Plant
Bivol

He’s fighting the current belt holder back2back2back, I mean, I’d give the man his prop

I give him his props. However, I'd be more inclined to if he fought, David Benavidez or Jermall Charlo.
Quote:
TERENCE CRAWFORD accused pound-for-pound great Canelo Alvarez of avoiding fights with black boxers because they 'give him the most problems'. The world welterweight champ made the astonishing claims, questioning Canelo's choice of opponents.Mar 23, 2021

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject:

I was watching a SportsCentury epi on Archie Moore. From all appearances, he probably would've been a champion well before he finally got his shot if he had the opportunity, but the predom white boxing establishment limited black boxers in those days save for the Joe Louis or Sugar Ray Robinson peak of excellence and Archie was more solid than dynamic. Where does Moore rank in any of your lists, meaning those of you who have a good sense of the history of the sport?

Even in his senior boxing years, he fared well enough against Marciano and Patterson who was young enough to have been Moore's son. He sent Marciano to his knees on a short right to his chin. Rocco didn't hit the canvas to often. And unlike your Duran/Tyson/Ali situations, he was still good at an old age and he had a Holyfieldlike will to lose as tenaciously as he won. Is he the Moses Malone of boxing where he fundamentally ruled the sport for a period of time, but seems to be more of an afterthought as the years go by?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
I was watching a SportsCentury epi on Archie Moore. From all appearances, he probably would've been a champion well before he finally got his shot if he had the opportunity, but the predom white boxing establishment limited black boxers in those days save for the Joe Louis or Sugar Ray Robinson peak of excellence and Archie was more solid than dynamic. Where does Moore rank in any of your lists, meaning those of you who have a good sense of the history of the sport?

Even in his senior boxing years, he fared well enough against Marciano and Patterson who was young enough to have been Moore's son. He sent Marciano to his knees on a short right to his chin. Rocco didn't hit the canvas to often. And unlike your Duran/Tyson/Ali situations, he was still good at an old age and he had a Holyfieldlike will to lose as tenaciously as he won. Is he the Moses Malone of boxing where he fundamentally ruled the sport for a period of time, but seems to be more of an afterthought as the years go by?

The Old Mongoose was one of my favorites. In his fight with Durelle I thought it was over in the 1st round. I believe today the fight would have been stopped in the 1st, Moore vs Durelle

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Does Whyte have a shot against fury?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:01 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Fury out-slugged Wilder who hit much harder than Whyte and we know Fury can box too. Answer is no
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Fury out-slugged Wilder who hit much harder than Whyte and we know Fury can box too. Answer is no

I second that. Fury's best asset is his boxing ability couple that with his his hard hitting and warrior heart, I don't see a heavyweight in the division who can beat him IF HE GETS IN SHAPE.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject:

Erroll Spence owned Yordenis Ugas. He said he will fight Terence Bud Crawford. That is a fight I'd pay to see. I give Bud a slight edge because of his heart.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

The Old Mongoose was one of my favorites. In his fight with Durelle I thought it was over in the 1st round. I believe today the fight would have been stopped in the 1st, Moore vs Durelle

They showed clips from the Durelle fight in that SportsCentury. That was one of the few times I've NOT seen a boxer get knocked dizzy close to the bell so they were saved. Archie had a couple mins left, it seemed, and got knocked down 2 more times and eventually got his 2nd wind and won. It's always fascinating when that happens because there's no way of knowing why a man can get knocked flat on his back and then get up and continue on while others would be put out by the same punch. If Smokin Joe hit anyone but Ali w/ that left hook in 73, it was over (and the L hook is really the only punch that knocked Clay/Ali down legitimately twice; there was also the Chuck Wepner knockdown, but their toes might've clipped. Chuck sweated and bled gallons that night, but I dunno bout that knockdown).

Moore and Joe Walcott are overlooked in passing, imo. The generation of Alis and Foremans that came after them were a different breed. Media was a different breed. America was pretty much the same in the 60s as in the 30s but the black pugilists going back from 1909-1920s-30s. The farther you go back, the worse America got. And boxing can never be a sport where the best always lock horns because managers avoid guys like Moore and the mob controlled a lot of the sport in NY and the only black fighters the mob didn't touch were Louis and Sugar Ray (probably 50/50 respect and bad optics if they did try).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:35 am    Post subject:

I just found out Tyson and Tommy Fury are half brothers.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:50 am    Post subject:

Are we looking at another Tom Brady? Tyson sounds so convincing. I think he may actually retire for good unless he loses to Whyte.

Whyte is a physical specimen. He looks like a weight lifter. If he has a chin I give him a puncher's chance.

Tyson Fury confirms plans to retire after Dillian Whyte fight: ‘I’ll never come back’

LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Whyte got KDFO. One punch uppercut KO around 24:00 LINK I think announcers are Japanese. You may have to scroll back to the start of the video to watch the full fight.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject:

If you have IPTV check to see if the Tyson vs Whyte is on the menu. It's on mine.

gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:14 am    Post subject:

Just glad that Fury took out Whyte.

Just tired of him in the background talk for so many years for another shot at the title.

He gets it and was properly dispatched.

Bye.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:27 am    Post subject:

TODAY ESPN 7:00PM ESPN

Shakur Stevenson 17 0 9KO vs Oscar Valdez 30 0 23KO

This is a real test for Shakur.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 498, 499, 500 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 499 of 514
Jump to: