Official D12, D-Will and other Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread (Pg 1063: D12 will opt in and stay with Orlando for one more year)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 1073, 1074, 1075  Next

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 141036
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dwight isn't going to magically help Derek Fisher and Steve Blake stay infront of the Jose Barea's of the NBA. The need is PG. I want Dwight in purple and gold as much as the next guy, but ignoring the hole at PG (for the last ten years) is what cost them the Dallas series.


getting D12 will not stop us from getting another PG, unless it is CP3 and new orleans insists on bynum instead of pau.


Yah, I don't get why people think its mutually exclusive.


Because we are speculating on something that we know nothing about. It might be mutually exclusive, or it might not. Better to fill the hole you have first.
_________________
Between the things known, and the things unknown, are the Doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oldandpurpleandgold
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 3788

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Dwight isn't going to magically help Derek Fisher and Steve Blake stay infront of the Jose Barea's of the NBA. The need is PG. I want Dwight in purple and gold as much as the next guy, but ignoring the hole at PG (for the last ten years) is what cost them the Dallas series.



Totally agree. Chris Paul should be the target everyone is talking about. Not another center.
_________________
Kobe, on the other hand; RELISHES the injuries and just looks at it as evening the playing field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cbear
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 2889

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject:

Who or what is "Sports and Stars?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Statcat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2003
Posts: 4260
Location: Western Conference

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Why do folks keep saying LA is an option when you don't have the capspace to sign Howard? I don't see him coming here for free. This isn't the Melo/NY or LeBron situations where they can sign with you outright.

I can see him deciding to join one of the elite PG's on a team with $$.


Welcome to LG where every NBA player wants to be a Laker. These threads will go on for 5-6 months. Hopefully they move them to the trade and free agency forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mikedupradio.com
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 10 Jun 2010
Posts: 40

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Also from a guy who's on the Magic staff - "Dwight Howard is going to have the Magic at GUNPOINT!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 141036
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject:

This year's flavors of the month are Howard and Paul.
_________________
Between the things known, and the things unknown, are the Doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Rsxtreme415
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Apr 2009
Posts: 11800
Location: San Francisco, California

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject:


_________________
Luke Walton= where eating too much BBIQ Sandwiches happened

Fisher being an idiot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 18336
Location: The Garden Island

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm all for Dwight coming here, but using all our trade chips to get him leaves with Fisher/Blake as point guards. Same problem, we'll just have a more athletic beast in the middle chasing point guards off of failed P&R defense.


Jameer is a FA next summer also and is very tight with Dwight.

The Lakers would probably have to take on Arenas as part of the package, but there are a number of Bynum-centered packages LA could send Orl for Dwight, Jameer and Arenas that would give Orlando some real talent back and greatly reduce their payroll, which is an important consideration, as their payroll was almost as high ad LA's this year in a much smaller market.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 46833
Location: Coming soon and striking at your borders.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Jameer? Arenas?

Aw naw, hell naw son.
_________________
THE EVIL EMPIRE HAS RETURNED...

LAKESHOW SQUAD AINT NUTIN TO (bleep) WIT!...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Jun 2002
Posts: 7626

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm all for Dwight coming here, but using all our trade chips to get him leaves with Fisher/Blake as point guards. Same problem, we'll just have a more athletic beast in the middle chasing point guards off of failed P&R defense.


Jameer is a FA next summer also and is very tight with Dwight.

The Lakers would probably have to take on Arenas as part of the package, but there are a number of Bynum-centered packages LA could send Orl for Dwight, Jameer and Arenas that would give Orlando some real talent back and greatly reduce their payroll, which is an important consideration, as their payroll was almost as high ad LA's this year in a much smaller market.


Not to mention the great job that their GM did in completely destroying cap and trade pieces. Magic is not even close to being a contender, so hard for me to see why D12 wants to stay. Everyone knows he's not going to win a ring over there.

He can stay in Orlando where he can be a big fish in a small pond.
Or he can come to LA where he can be a big fish in an ocean.
_________________
The journey to 17 begins...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 11644
Location: LA

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Why do folks keep saying LA is an option when you don't have the capspace to sign Howard? I don't see him coming here for free. This isn't the Melo/NY or LeBron situations where they can sign with you outright.

I can see him deciding to join one of the elite PG's on a team with $$.


I can't believe with all the threads about this that some still question how we can afford to sign him without capspace!

TRADE PAU OR BYNUM FOR HIM!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 17077

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm all for Dwight coming here, but using all our trade chips to get him leaves with Fisher/Blake as point guards. Same problem, we'll just have a more athletic beast in the middle chasing point guards off of failed P&R defense.


Jameer is a FA next summer also and is very tight with Dwight.

The Lakers would probably have to take on Arenas as part of the package, but there are a number of Bynum-centered packages LA could send Orl for Dwight, Jameer and Arenas that would give Orlando some real talent back and greatly reduce their payroll, which is an important consideration, as their payroll was almost as high ad LA's this year in a much smaller market.

I would look to sending Nelson to a 3rd team along with Gasol for a star PG..CP3 bein at the top of the list


Lakers-Dwight/CP3/Arenas
Orlando-Drew/Odom/Luke
Hornets-Gasol/Nelson/Fish(buy out return)

A pipe that could make some sense..Have the MLE and Trade X to fill out the PF spot(maybe Anderson or Bass for our trade x) and get an athletc wing

Edit: To make numbers work Ariza would have to be in the deal
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."


Last edited by dcarter4kobe on Mon May 09, 2011 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Statcat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2003
Posts: 4260
Location: Western Conference

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Apparently, Howard just tweeted that he never said he wants to play in LA.

Don't have a twitter account so I can't verify.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
baloogawhales
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 May 2011
Posts: 222
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Statcat wrote:
Apparently, Howard just tweeted that he never said he wants to play in LA.

Don't have a twitter account so I can't verify.

can anybody check this out for us who don't have a twitter
_________________
Kobe+Pau+Bynum+Lamar = Championship
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba3301
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8920

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Parker Forch @DwightHoward when have you hinted you want out of orl? I'm sick of hearing this Dwight to la (bleep). Seriously pissing me off

His response:
Quote:
Dwight Howard @parkerforch90 never did its the reports


He doesn't want to create a scene like Lebronze.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cbear
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 2889

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Dwight isn't going to magically help Derek Fisher and Steve Blake stay infront of the Jose Barea's of the NBA. The need is PG. I want Dwight in purple and gold as much as the next guy, but ignoring the hole at PG (for the last ten years) is what cost them the Dallas series.


I read this a lot, but when I watch other teams, no matter who the point guard is, NONE of them seem to be able to guard the other. Rose, Rondo, Paul, Williams, Westbrook, etc. When they guard each other, they all seem to be able to blow by each other as well, whether one on one or pick and roll.

I would think that getting another point guard may help us offensively, but I don't know if it will help a great deal defensively.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oldandpurpleandgold
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 3788

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject:

cbear wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dwight isn't going to magically help Derek Fisher and Steve Blake stay infront of the Jose Barea's of the NBA. The need is PG. I want Dwight in purple and gold as much as the next guy, but ignoring the hole at PG (for the last ten years) is what cost them the Dallas series.


I read this a lot, but when I watch other teams, no matter who the point guard is, NONE of them seem to be able to guard the other. Rose, Rondo, Paul, Williams, Westbrook, etc. When they guard each other, they all seem to be able to blow by each other as well, whether one on one or pick and roll.

I would think that getting another point guard may help us offensively, but I don't know if it will help a great deal defensively.



cbear, I agree that the elite PG's are mostly unguardable, but you can't tell me there isn't an upgrade to Fisher defensively. Not only does Fisher get blown by easily, but he can't jump and if you watched Terry and Stojacovich go off, it was usually with Fisher's hand at arm pit level. Not even close to getting in the eyes or around the ball.
_________________
Kobe, on the other hand; RELISHES the injuries and just looks at it as evening the playing field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cbear
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 2889

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject:

oldandpurpleandgold wrote:
cbear wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dwight isn't going to magically help Derek Fisher and Steve Blake stay infront of the Jose Barea's of the NBA. The need is PG. I want Dwight in purple and gold as much as the next guy, but ignoring the hole at PG (for the last ten years) is what cost them the Dallas series.


I read this a lot, but when I watch other teams, no matter who the point guard is, NONE of them seem to be able to guard the other. Rose, Rondo, Paul, Williams, Westbrook, etc. When they guard each other, they all seem to be able to blow by each other as well, whether one on one or pick and roll.

I would think that getting another point guard may help us offensively, but I don't know if it will help a great deal defensively.



cbear, I agree that the elite PG's are mostly unguardable, but you can't tell me there isn't an upgrade to Fisher defensively. Not only does Fisher get blown by easily, but he can't jump and if you watched Terry and Stojacovich go off, it was usually with Fisher's hand at arm pit level. Not even close to getting in the eyes or around the ball.


Yes, I agree that it would be an upgrade, but I just get the feeling that some fans might be expecting a bit too much from this new PG, at least defensively.

If anything, I think the bigger contribution will be on the offensive end where he could drive and distribute and allow our guys easier looks, but that might also entail a different offensive philosophy as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Jun 2002
Posts: 7626

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject:

cbear wrote:
oldandpurpleandgold wrote:
cbear wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dwight isn't going to magically help Derek Fisher and Steve Blake stay infront of the Jose Barea's of the NBA. The need is PG. I want Dwight in purple and gold as much as the next guy, but ignoring the hole at PG (for the last ten years) is what cost them the Dallas series.


I read this a lot, but when I watch other teams, no matter who the point guard is, NONE of them seem to be able to guard the other. Rose, Rondo, Paul, Williams, Westbrook, etc. When they guard each other, they all seem to be able to blow by each other as well, whether one on one or pick and roll.

I would think that getting another point guard may help us offensively, but I don't know if it will help a great deal defensively.



cbear, I agree that the elite PG's are mostly unguardable, but you can't tell me there isn't an upgrade to Fisher defensively. Not only does Fisher get blown by easily, but he can't jump and if you watched Terry and Stojacovich go off, it was usually with Fisher's hand at arm pit level. Not even close to getting in the eyes or around the ball.


Yes, I agree that it would be an upgrade, but I just get the feeling that some fans might be expecting a bit too much from this new PG, at least defensively.

If anything, I think the bigger contribution will be on the offensive end where he could drive and distribute and allow our guys easier looks, but that might also entail a different offensive philosophy as well.


CP3 doesn't play much defense either. For those expecting a huge upgrade defensively from CP3, they will be disappointed. I think Deron is a better fit for the Lakers.
_________________
The journey to 17 begins...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2005
Posts: 11581
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Statcat wrote:
Apparently, Howard just tweeted that he never said he wants to play in LA.

Don't have a twitter account so I can't verify.


Of course he never said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revgen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jul 2006
Posts: 10220

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Dwight isn't coming here. Period. Only way Dwight comes to LA for Bynum or Pau is if the trade involves more than 2 teams. The Magic can't even get out of the first round with Dwight, so they aren't going to be much better if Pau or Drew are there in place of Dwight.

The Magic have a bloated payroll, and won't be sending him out if we don't pick up the tab for at least Turkoglu. They will be pushing hard to get rid of Arenas. They also want expiring contracts and draft picks in return. There will be no straight up trade for Dwight involving either Pau or Bynum.

If Dwight does come here, it won't involve just Orlando and LA. Bynum or Pau will go to that other team in order for Dwight to come here. They won't be going to Orlando.
_________________
I Recommend VLC Player: http://www.videolan.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
baloogawhales
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 May 2011
Posts: 222
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Mamba3301 wrote:
Quote:
Parker Forch @DwightHoward when have you hinted you want out of orl? I'm sick of hearing this Dwight to la (bleep). Seriously pissing me off

His response:
Quote:
Dwight Howard @parkerforch90 never did its the reports


He doesn't want to create a scene like Lebronze.
thanks
_________________
Kobe+Pau+Bynum+Lamar = Championship
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
baloogawhales
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 May 2011
Posts: 222
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
cbear wrote:
oldandpurpleandgold wrote:
cbear wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Dwight isn't going to magically help Derek Fisher and Steve Blake stay infront of the Jose Barea's of the NBA. The need is PG. I want Dwight in purple and gold as much as the next guy, but ignoring the hole at PG (for the last ten years) is what cost them the Dallas series.


I read this a lot, but when I watch other teams, no matter who the point guard is, NONE of them seem to be able to guard the other. Rose, Rondo, Paul, Williams, Westbrook, etc. When they guard each other, they all seem to be able to blow by each other as well, whether one on one or pick and roll.

I would think that getting another point guard may help us offensively, but I don't know if it will help a great deal defensively.



cbear, I agree that the elite PG's are mostly unguardable, but you can't tell me there isn't an upgrade to Fisher defensively. Not only does Fisher get blown by easily, but he can't jump and if you watched Terry and Stojacovich go off, it was usually with Fisher's hand at arm pit level. Not even close to getting in the eyes or around the ball.


Yes, I agree that it would be an upgrade, but I just get the feeling that some fans might be expecting a bit too much from this new PG, at least defensively.

If anything, I think the bigger contribution will be on the offensive end where he could drive and distribute and allow our guys easier looks, but that might also entail a different offensive philosophy as well.


CP3 doesn't play much defense either. For those expecting a huge upgrade defensively from CP3, they will be disappointed. I think Deron is a better fit for the Lakers.

I agree, I rather have Deron on the team. But i think CP3 is good enough defensively. He'll stay in front of his defender enough to funnel him to our bigs and play the passing lanes well.
But Deron Williams' game is so fun to watch. He used to do it more earlier in his career, but I loved watching him keep crossing over his defender until he finally got enough space for a pull up or a drive. So nice
_________________
Kobe+Pau+Bynum+Lamar = Championship
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
composite
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 May 2005
Posts: 3043

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Bynum's a FA in '13. Why would ORL want Bynum if he can just leave in a year anyway? Won't they have another problem anyway?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 141036
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Mamba3301 wrote:
Quote:
Parker Forch @DwightHoward when have you hinted you want out of orl? I'm sick of hearing this Dwight to la (bleep). Seriously pissing me off

His response:
Quote:
Dwight Howard @parkerforch90 never did its the reports


He doesn't want to create a scene like Lebronze.


Then he is being very thorough in his deception, even telling his friends he wants to stay in Orlando. He can't create a scene like Lebron, he isn't a FA. He goes where Orlando wants to send him.
_________________
Between the things known, and the things unknown, are the Doors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 1073, 1074, 1075  Next
Page 3 of 1075
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB