Morris is a good Point Guard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
bodyrock wrote:
He has more garbage games than he has good games. So no, he sucks.

I wonder how you would feel if some random nobody came to your place of employment and started telling you how bad you suck? Odds are that you don't have a job and spend most of your time playing Modern Warfare 3 with one hand and "enjoying yourself" with the other while your mother supports your entire existence.

If you can't come up with something more substantial to offer besides "player x sucks" just do the board a favor and don't post. Thx!

How would you feel if I had to come to your place of posting and told you how bad your interpersonal skills suck?
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I want to celebrate Morris! Anybody with any kind of basketball understanding knows Morris has all the physical tools to be at least, a good point guard.

Morris played within himself tonight AND played a smart game. His only fault is his awareness. But the boy has game! I am happy for the kid and I hope he keeps this type of steady play up! GO SPEED RACER GO!!!!!
you're going to far.

morris did what any of us could do with professional training, playing with and against pros for 2 years straight. eventually , at some point, we would have a break out game and our shots will fall.

but beyond that. morris isnt halfway to being an average pg. i like his man defense(team defense not so much). i'm happy he got a career high tonight. but i refuse to fool myself. now if he does this again , then again, then again, then again, then again.. then i'll believe he's a pretty good scorer off the bech, still not a good point guard to setup guys.

Hey, that is fair, but I disagree. I think he is closer than most folks realize. If he could reign himself in, his game will take off.

Also, I don't want to derail the thread but you have to be kidding me with the bolded part of your comment above!
no i'm not kidding you.
now when i made that comment. i wasnt talking about us on this thread that has never played organized basketball in our lives. or the guys that are 5'4. i'm talking about anyone 6'0 + that has played organized hoop. enough to know the game. if you were afforded the opportunity to get pro training for 2 years straight, play vs the pros for 2 years straight in practice and in the summer and during games. to play with the pros in practice, in the summer, and during games. you would eventually have a good game given enough mins.

its just basketball. its a round ball, and a 10 foot rim. if kb kicks it to you. you're wide open. if your name is morris or Pnp. you're going to be wide open. if you play ball and get that kind of training. you better be able to eventually hit the open looks. is what i'm saying. you should be able to dribble the ball up the court without dribbling off of your foot every time. they havent trapped morris yet. they havent really put pressure on him. when they do he makes mistakes. tonight he had guys that were not legit pg's guarding him. that means those guys couldnt put pg quick pressure on him. on top of the fact all attention was on kb or dwight. you and i would be WIIIIIDE OPEN. all you have to do is what you do in your back yard. bend your knees, go up, keep your elbow straight, and flick the wrist/FOLLOW THRU. cash. you're wiiiide open. if you cant make that shot. you're a headcase thats afraid of the bright lights. but even that would eventually go away after getting a ton of mins.

remember morris didnt earn these mins. he was given these mins because there's no one else to give them to. we lost our #1 and #2 pg.
i've scored 25+ in a game before. i've hit 5 threes in a game before. and i'm not a shooter like meeks. it can happen to anyone who plays the game long enough and works at it.

i wish you would leave me in the short corner to many times. it will become a free shot to me. CASH.

nah, i completely disagree with you. darius morris has potential and talent. Mitch kupchak would not have offered him a contract if he did not show a lot of promise. Darius Morris is a poor man's Deron Williams.

I will take that for a second round draft pick.

Last edited by LakersForever123 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject:

hellsling wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
hellsling wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
i hope he gets injured and never plays for us again

How does this help the Lakers?

every available PG is better than him..

And they are? Delonte West has played for 4 different NBA teams and has been dismissed by the Mavs for activity that was detrimental to the team. Do you really want a volatile person like West on the team? Johnny Flynn isn't even in the league anymore.

Yeah good PG's for no money are just falling out of trees, internet bloggers know more than Mitch, raw amateurs have the best eye for available talent both on and off this team, and while we're in opposite land, it's real classy to wish injury on a Laker.
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

Cmon guys, if Morris is so good, he would have shown up CONSISTENTLY. He sucks, period.

matrixskillz wrote:
everybody steals moves from everybody
I call that Basketball Communism.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

George the Greek wrote:
Cmon guys, if Morris is so good, he would have shown up CONSISTENTLY. He sucks, period.

at least half of the time he would have played well!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Really?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Really?

swear to the basketball gods ive wished this multiple times. any replacement would be better. why wouldnt i want him not hurting my lakers by any means...??he doesnt deserve to play for us..
goldBLOOD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Well OP, I see nothing so good about him. All he did was mostly hit his open shots today finally. What's so good about that?
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject:

If Morris is a good point guard, what is Nash? A superhuman in God mode?

matrixskillz wrote:
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Another terrible thread. Is this real life?
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
Another terrible thread. Is this real life?

Worse, it's LG.

matrixskillz wrote:
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

LakersForever123 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I want to celebrate Morris! Anybody with any kind of basketball understanding knows Morris has all the physical tools to be at least, a good point guard.

Morris played within himself tonight AND played a smart game. His only fault is his awareness. But the boy has game! I am happy for the kid and I hope he keeps this type of steady play up! GO SPEED RACER GO!!!!!
you're going to far.

morris did what any of us could do with professional training, playing with and against pros for 2 years straight. eventually , at some point, we would have a break out game and our shots will fall.

but beyond that. morris isnt halfway to being an average pg. i like his man defense(team defense not so much). i'm happy he got a career high tonight. but i refuse to fool myself. now if he does this again , then again, then again, then again, then again.. then i'll believe he's a pretty good scorer off the bech, still not a good point guard to setup guys.

Hey, that is fair, but I disagree. I think he is closer than most folks realize. If he could reign himself in, his game will take off.

Also, I don't want to derail the thread but you have to be kidding me with the bolded part of your comment above!
no i'm not kidding you.
now when i made that comment. i wasnt talking about us on this thread that has never played organized basketball in our lives. or the guys that are 5'4. i'm talking about anyone 6'0 + that has played organized hoop. enough to know the game. if you were afforded the opportunity to get pro training for 2 years straight, play vs the pros for 2 years straight in practice and in the summer and during games. to play with the pros in practice, in the summer, and during games. you would eventually have a good game given enough mins.

its just basketball. its a round ball, and a 10 foot rim. if kb kicks it to you. you're wide open. if your name is morris or Pnp. you're going to be wide open. if you play ball and get that kind of training. you better be able to eventually hit the open looks. is what i'm saying. you should be able to dribble the ball up the court without dribbling off of your foot every time. they havent trapped morris yet. they havent really put pressure on him. when they do he makes mistakes. tonight he had guys that were not legit pg's guarding him. that means those guys couldnt put pg quick pressure on him. on top of the fact all attention was on kb or dwight. you and i would be WIIIIIDE OPEN. all you have to do is what you do in your back yard. bend your knees, go up, keep your elbow straight, and flick the wrist/FOLLOW THRU. cash. you're wiiiide open. if you cant make that shot. you're a headcase thats afraid of the bright lights. but even that would eventually go away after getting a ton of mins.

remember morris didnt earn these mins. he was given these mins because there's no one else to give them to. we lost our #1 and #2 pg.
i've scored 25+ in a game before. i've hit 5 threes in a game before. and i'm not a shooter like meeks. it can happen to anyone who plays the game long enough and works at it.

i wish you would leave me in the short corner to many times. it will become a free shot to me. CASH.

nah, i completely disagree with you. darius morris has potential and talent. Mitch kupchak would not have offered him a contract if he did not show a lot of promise. Darius Morris is a poor man's Deron Williams.

i never said he didnt have potential and talent. remember i was rooting for the kid when we drafted him. but what i've seen shows me he has ZEROOOOOOO court vision in the half court. he isnt that good of a scorer period because he cant make a layup when running full speed. he blows it every time. the layup he has is that reverse layup with the same hand. he makes that more then he makes a normal layup. so even though he's quick enough and tall enough to get into the paint and score. he cant. can this get betteR? sure. can he buy himself a real jumper? sure . could he eventually figure out how to become a decent facilitator in the half court? sure.

but with that said who cant thats in the nba playing pg?

now i'm rooting for him because he's one of ours. so i hope he pans out and i hope the time with nash and these legends will help him grow his game quickly.
goldBLOOD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject:

George the Greek wrote:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! Good one.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject:

dont fall for it, its a trap!
any player able enough to get drafted by a NBA team will have a decent game every once and a while if given the minutes to do so. Doesnt mean they are a good player.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject:

George the Greek wrote:

No, Steve Nash is a demigod.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

postandpivot wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

you're going to far.

no i'm not kidding you.

i never said he didnt have potential and talent. remember i was rooting for the kid when we drafted him. but what i've seen shows me he has ZEROOOOOOO court vision in the half court. he isnt that good of a scorer period because he cant make a layup when running full speed. he blows it every time. the layup he has is that reverse layup with the same hand. he makes that more then he makes a normal layup. so even though he's quick enough and tall enough to get into the paint and score. he cant. can this get betteR? sure. can he buy himself a real jumper? sure . could he eventually figure out how to become a decent facilitator in the half court? sure.

now i'm rooting for him because he's one of ours. so i hope he pans out and i hope the time with nash and these legends will help him grow his game quickly.

the bolded statement will not be forgotten,it will forever be known as the worst ,statement,ever,on LG
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

postandpivot wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

you're going to far.

no i'm not kidding you.

the bolded statement will not be forgotten,it will forever be known as the worst ,statement,ever,on LG
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

you're going to far.

no i'm not kidding you.

ok, don't forget it. Now, go study for your math quiz tomorrow.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

you're going to far.

no i'm not kidding you.

go study some basketball u fool
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
24 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Really?

swear to the basketball gods ive wished this multiple times. any replacement would be better. why wouldnt i want him not hurting my lakers by any means...??he doesnt deserve to play for us..

Wow. That's some twisted demented psychotic thinking.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

you're going to far.

no i'm not kidding you.

..don't forget to drink your milk.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
24 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Really?

eh, i cant really agree considering the times...
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
24 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Really?

yep...keep it real is 100% demented...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

you're going to far.

no i'm not kidding you.

..don't forget to drink your milk.

darius morris, deron williams.....ahahahahhahahhha.. ahahahah... ahahhhhahahah. hahahahaah.ahahah.hahahh!!!!! !!!! lol !!!! aahahah!!!! omg pick a different sport ! lol!! everytime i thnk about it ,it makes me laugh! thank u!
yoshi121
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

you're going to far.

no i'm not kidding you.

Why are you calling him a fool? Just because you don't like his opinion doesn't mean he's a fool.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8
Jump to: