Morris is a good Point Guard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
8>24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I want to celebrate Morris! Anybody with any kind of basketball understanding knows Morris has all the physical tools to be at least, a good point guard.

Morris played within himself tonight AND played a smart game. His only fault is his awareness. But the boy has game! I am happy for the kid and I hope he keeps this type of steady play up! GO SPEED RACER GO!!!!!
you're going to far.

morris did what any of us could do with professional training, playing with and against pros for 2 years straight. eventually , at some point, we would have a break out game and our shots will fall.

but beyond that. morris isnt halfway to being an average pg. i like his man defense(team defense not so much). i'm happy he got a career high tonight. but i refuse to fool myself. now if he does this again , then again, then again, then again, then again.. then i'll believe he's a pretty good scorer off the bech, still not a good point guard to setup guys.

Hey, that is fair, but I disagree. I think he is closer than most folks realize. If he could reign himself in, his game will take off.

Also, I don't want to derail the thread but you have to be kidding me with the bolded part of your comment above!
no i'm not kidding you.
now when i made that comment. i wasnt talking about us on this thread that has never played organized basketball in our lives. or the guys that are 5'4. i'm talking about anyone 6'0 + that has played organized hoop. enough to know the game. if you were afforded the opportunity to get pro training for 2 years straight, play vs the pros for 2 years straight in practice and in the summer and during games. to play with the pros in practice, in the summer, and during games. you would eventually have a good game given enough mins.

its just basketball. its a round ball, and a 10 foot rim. if kb kicks it to you. you're wide open. if your name is morris or Pnp. you're going to be wide open. if you play ball and get that kind of training. you better be able to eventually hit the open looks. is what i'm saying. you should be able to dribble the ball up the court without dribbling off of your foot every time. they havent trapped morris yet. they havent really put pressure on him. when they do he makes mistakes. tonight he had guys that were not legit pg's guarding him. that means those guys couldnt put pg quick pressure on him. on top of the fact all attention was on kb or dwight. you and i would be WIIIIIDE OPEN. all you have to do is what you do in your back yard. bend your knees, go up, keep your elbow straight, and flick the wrist/FOLLOW THRU. cash. you're wiiiide open. if you cant make that shot. you're a headcase thats afraid of the bright lights. but even that would eventually go away after getting a ton of mins.

remember morris didnt earn these mins. he was given these mins because there's no one else to give them to. we lost our #1 and #2 pg.
i've scored 25+ in a game before. i've hit 5 threes in a game before. and i'm not a shooter like meeks. it can happen to anyone who plays the game long enough and works at it.

i wish you would leave me in the short corner to many times. it will become a free shot to me. CASH.

nah, i completely disagree with you. darius morris has potential and talent. Mitch kupchak would not have offered him a contract if he did not show a lot of promise. Darius Morris is a poor man's Deron Williams.

I will take that for a second round draft pick.
i never said he didnt have potential and talent. remember i was rooting for the kid when we drafted him. but what i've seen shows me he has ZEROOOOOOO court vision in the half court. he isnt that good of a scorer period because he cant make a layup when running full speed. he blows it every time. the layup he has is that reverse layup with the same hand. he makes that more then he makes a normal layup. so even though he's quick enough and tall enough to get into the paint and score. he cant. can this get betteR? sure. can he buy himself a real jumper? sure . could he eventually figure out how to become a decent facilitator in the half court? sure.

but with that said who cant thats in the nba playing pg?

now i'm rooting for him because he's one of ours. so i hope he pans out and i hope the time with nash and these legends will help him grow his game quickly.

the bolded statement will not be forgotten,it will forever be known as the worst ,statement,ever,on LG

ok, don't forget it. Now, go study for your math quiz tomorrow.

go study some basketball u fool

..don't forget to drink your milk.

darius morris, deron williams.....ahahahahhahahhha.. ahahahah... ahahhhhahahah. hahahahaah.ahahah.hahahh!!!!! !!!! lol !!!! aahahah!!!! omg pick a different sport ! lol!! everytime i thnk about it ,it makes me laugh! thank u!

ok....uhhmm, your mom is calling you...time to go nap nap.

are you mrs darius morris? maybe his mom,,,or gf?

no. i am your mom reminding you that every person in this board is entitled to express his opinion but there are exceptions to this right and there are exclusions. Now, go drink your milk and study for your quiz tomorrow.

impossible that ur my mom,,,cuz even she knows that darius morris sucks,,,shes laughing at ur darius morris to deron williams comparison righhh now actually

what!!?? check your grammar and your sentence structure before you hit "submit". What the hell are you saying? Do you understand what you just said?

this is a basketball forum,,,therefor ,my grammar is more acceptable than ur ridiculous statement

uhmmm. ok. Have a good night. Your posts are really intelligible. Peace.

actually,your unintelligent post is the root of this,,,youre quite the hypocrite

Can someone give me a Cliff's Note version?
Primetime715
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

8>24 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
I want to celebrate Morris! Anybody with any kind of basketball understanding knows Morris has all the physical tools to be at least, a good point guard.

Morris played within himself tonight AND played a smart game. His only fault is his awareness. But the boy has game! I am happy for the kid and I hope he keeps this type of steady play up! GO SPEED RACER GO!!!!!
you're going to far.

morris did what any of us could do with professional training, playing with and against pros for 2 years straight. eventually , at some point, we would have a break out game and our shots will fall.

but beyond that. morris isnt halfway to being an average pg. i like his man defense(team defense not so much). i'm happy he got a career high tonight. but i refuse to fool myself. now if he does this again , then again, then again, then again, then again.. then i'll believe he's a pretty good scorer off the bech, still not a good point guard to setup guys.

Hey, that is fair, but I disagree. I think he is closer than most folks realize. If he could reign himself in, his game will take off.

Also, I don't want to derail the thread but you have to be kidding me with the bolded part of your comment above!
no i'm not kidding you.
now when i made that comment. i wasnt talking about us on this thread that has never played organized basketball in our lives. or the guys that are 5'4. i'm talking about anyone 6'0 + that has played organized hoop. enough to know the game. if you were afforded the opportunity to get pro training for 2 years straight, play vs the pros for 2 years straight in practice and in the summer and during games. to play with the pros in practice, in the summer, and during games. you would eventually have a good game given enough mins.

its just basketball. its a round ball, and a 10 foot rim. if kb kicks it to you. you're wide open. if your name is morris or Pnp. you're going to be wide open. if you play ball and get that kind of training. you better be able to eventually hit the open looks. is what i'm saying. you should be able to dribble the ball up the court without dribbling off of your foot every time. they havent trapped morris yet. they havent really put pressure on him. when they do he makes mistakes. tonight he had guys that were not legit pg's guarding him. that means those guys couldnt put pg quick pressure on him. on top of the fact all attention was on kb or dwight. you and i would be WIIIIIDE OPEN. all you have to do is what you do in your back yard. bend your knees, go up, keep your elbow straight, and flick the wrist/FOLLOW THRU. cash. you're wiiiide open. if you cant make that shot. you're a headcase thats afraid of the bright lights. but even that would eventually go away after getting a ton of mins.

remember morris didnt earn these mins. he was given these mins because there's no one else to give them to. we lost our #1 and #2 pg.
i've scored 25+ in a game before. i've hit 5 threes in a game before. and i'm not a shooter like meeks. it can happen to anyone who plays the game long enough and works at it.

i wish you would leave me in the short corner to many times. it will become a free shot to me. CASH.

nah, i completely disagree with you. darius morris has potential and talent. Mitch kupchak would not have offered him a contract if he did not show a lot of promise. Darius Morris is a poor man's Deron Williams.

i never said he didnt have potential and talent. remember i was rooting for the kid when we drafted him. but what i've seen shows me he has ZEROOOOOOO court vision in the half court. he isnt that good of a scorer period because he cant make a layup when running full speed. he blows it every time. the layup he has is that reverse layup with the same hand. he makes that more then he makes a normal layup. so even though he's quick enough and tall enough to get into the paint and score. he cant. can this get betteR? sure. can he buy himself a real jumper? sure . could he eventually figure out how to become a decent facilitator in the half court? sure.

now i'm rooting for him because he's one of ours. so i hope he pans out and i hope the time with nash and these legends will help him grow his game quickly.

the bolded statement will not be forgotten,it will forever be known as the worst ,statement,ever,on LG

darius morris, deron williams.....ahahahahhahahhha.. ahahahah... ahahhhhahahah. hahahahaah.ahahah.hahahh!!!!! !!!! lol !!!! aahahah!!!! omg pick a different sport ! lol!! everytime i thnk about it ,it makes me laugh! thank u!

no. i am your mom reminding you that every person in this board is entitled to express his opinion but there are exceptions to this right and there are exclusions. Now, go drink your milk and study for your quiz tomorrow.

impossible that ur my mom,,,cuz even she knows that darius morris sucks,,,shes laughing at ur darius morris to deron williams comparison righhh now actually

what!!?? check your grammar and your sentence structure before you hit "submit". What the hell are you saying? Do you understand what you just said?

this is a basketball forum,,,therefor ,my grammar is more acceptable than ur ridiculous statement

actually,your unintelligent post is the root of this,,,youre quite the hypocrite

Joining in on the Quotations train.

And by the way, one good game by Morris doesn't define him as a "good" point guard. That status is earned over the course of several games and accomplished with consistency.
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Morris (bleep) sucks T-Rex balls.

He had one good game. Good for him.

Lester Hudson once scored almost 30 points against us. Who is Lester Hudson you ask? Exactly.
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject:

with 3rd and 4th string point guards you get limitations. duhon can run the occasional pick and roll but it just results in over dribling and useless probing, but he can hit the 3 in rythym and provide much needed spacing. but his defense leaves a ton to be desired.
morris on the other hand is a willing defender. not great, but in a similar style to sasha vujacic. being a willing defender doesnt mean you are good. morris knows this is how he can get minutes, use that body to your advantage, he forces guys into angles that dont benefit them he denies the ball, puts pressure on the ball (something a scout recently said the entire team didnt do) but of course he can barely get the ball up the court, his decision making is severly lacking and he is about as streaky as you can get. if he isnt shooting in the corner its a miss.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
i hope he gets injured and never plays for us again

seriously, one decent game and these fans get a boner.

there are rookies and college players better than his sorry ass.
yoshi121
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject:

frenchbullcho wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

This isn't his only good game. He had a few when he was a starter.
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

LakersForever123 wrote:

WOW.. he is not even a poor man's Kyrie Irving or let alone the rookie Damian Lillard.

Smush Parker had a "contract" what the hell happen to him?
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

He had a good scoring game today...and a pretty mediocre one by point guard standards.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

kray28_ wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

He had a good scoring game today...and a pretty mediocre one by point guard standards.

Thats kind of what I was wondering. Good point guard like Russel Westbrook type, or good point guard like Nash/CP3 type?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

Primetime715 wrote:
8>24 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

you're going to far.

no i'm not kidding you.

And by the way, one good game by Morris doesn't define him as a "good" point guard. That status is earned over the course of several games and accomplished with consistency.

morris can potential his way to the finals
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Thats kind of what I was wondering. Good point guard like Russel Westbrook type, or good point guard like Nash/CP3 type?

andre miller type
KobePau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject:

Every Dog has its day or has some days. Morris does have some potential but needs a lot of work to be a reliable pg in terms of directing the offense. The promise we see is in his shooting and defense which in time should become more consistent. Still he has stunk it up more often than not. I would like to see DJO get the same minutes to see what he can do but that will most likely remain a hope. Now the question that is hard to answer is whether we should stick with Morris or Djo or trade/waive them to get a proven veteran to provide more of an immediate impact. My answer would be yes in one of the two or three young players. We can't replace time lost but we could replace talent if we act quick and wisely.
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Morris is a good Point Guard

Chronicle wrote:
Primetime715 wrote:
8>24 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

you're going to far.

no i'm not kidding you.

morris can potential his way to the finals

Why are those idiots above arguing about mommas and grammar? Are they really that stupid?

matrixskillz wrote:
everybody steals moves from everybody
I call that Basketball Communism.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject:

frenchbullcho wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

There are children with better posts than these sorry ass posts too. Pretty sorry ass to wish injury on a Laker.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
Don't praise Morris until he brings this on a consistent basis.

cmon, hes a poor mans deron williams

how poor is that man? like homeless in america poor?
or are we talking like starving kids overseas with flies flying around them poor?
lorain23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject:

(bleep) these homers. Drive me crazy. You can be a fan but jesus don't lose your ability to think correctly.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject:

Any more insults or quoting of the large tree will result in this thread being locked and offenders dealt with.
Lak3rs1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject:

No he's not.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Any more insults or quoting of the large tree will result in this thread being locked and offenders dealt with.
give them a break 24, its a christmas tree of quotes. holiday spirits.
TheeLakeshow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject:

The banter above was absolutely pricless. Whats even better is that it was all over Darius Morris our 2nd year 4th string guard who is a project.

I especially love the comments stating that most anyone could ball with him as long as they had decent size and time playing hoop.

Ill let you 'Dreamcatchers' in on a reality check.

DARIOUS MORRIS WOULD BALL OVER ANYONE ON THIS THREAD, INCLUDING ME WHO COULD OUT BALL ANYONE HERE.

The guy is at the NBA level playing, enough said. He isent very good right now but he is showing some decent things as a project. Im happy.

He takes anyone on this board to Rucker, he sends them back home without their lunch money in 5 min tops with a complimentary high-light real to show the family....

Thee Jason in LA

Last edited by TheeLakeshow on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
TheeLakeshow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
24 wrote:
give them a break 24, its a christmas tree of quotes. holiday spirits.

Thee Jason in LA
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject:

should have a limit of how many nested quotes are allowed
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject:

It is kind of scary though. Yes, he could out ball regular who posts on this board (who knows, maybe there's an NBA starter who lurks here or something). The guy is the 4th string guard. Imagine what it's like to be a good, or star player. That's the huge disparity in ability there.

So on that note, let's trade him while he's his stock is high.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject:

TheeLakeshow wrote:
The banter above was absolutely pricless. Whats even better is that it was all over Darius Morris our 2nd year 4th string guard who is a project.

I especially love the comments stating that most anyone could ball with him as long as they had decent size and time playing hoop.

Ill let you 'Dreamcatchers' in on a reality check.

DARIOUS MORRIS WOULD BALL OVER ANYONE ON THIS THREAD, INCLUDING ME WHO COULD OUT BALL ANYONE HERE.

The guy is at the NBA level playing, enough said. He isent very good right now but he is showing some decent things as a project. Im happy.

He takes anyone on this board to Rucker, he sends them back home without their lunch money in 5 min tops with a complimentary high-light real to show the family....

Thx for adding much needed clarity and the proper perspective. I can't see how anyone that has ever had to work hard to achieve anything in life could have it in for Morris the way some people do on this board. This is exactly why I don't post often here. The ability to call a man garbage at his profession is real easy to do from behind a keyboard and absent from his daily work regime.

Morris isn't Stockton or Magic. I get that. But to go balls out and dog the kid while you see him giving maximum effort is really sad. There are way too many clueless and jobless kids walking the streets of America for me to mutter a negative word about Morris.

If all folks post is "player x sucks" and "I wish he would get injured", what does that do for the quality of this site?

This site would do itself a giant favor by implementing a reputation rating system for the posters here. I know that probably would require hiring developers, which requires money.

I don't have an issue with redundant threads or people overreacting to losses or wins. The biggest problem here is the blatant disrespect that takes place.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject:

People do forget that Morris would be playing his Senior year at Michigan right now if he didnt enter the draft .

I agree with above poster if any of these guys posters here call "garbage" where in a pick up game they would thoruoghly dominate and school you.

I have heard about Morris that, he is a hard worker, Kobe likes him and has taken him under his wing and if you watch when he is in the game with Kobe he wil lkick it to him for a shot which means Kobe trusts him

If Kobe sees the potential and talent in him I will take his opinion over those of the negative posters on here
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: