Hi from England - help needed re fouls!!!!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheJMan24
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Hi from England - help needed re fouls!!!!

Hey guys

Huge Laker fan from the 80's when in England we used to get a highlights show on a saturday night so it was always the Magic v Bird show...and i chose Magic!!!

Always loved the sport but we had next to no coverage on tv but always followed the team results which has obviously been helped in the last 15 yrs or so by internet access.

We now have awesome tv coverage in the UK though. Been getting better over last 2-3 yrs but a new channel which launched here in about August 2013 called BT Sport now shows about 5-6 NBA games a week - had All Star game on live & our game v Houston is on this week as well as a few others.

Watching more & more Basketball now, even more than i watch Football (Soccer to you guys!!) so wanna learn more about the game & the fouls thing is something i cant quite grasp so thought i'd ask for some help!!!

Sometimes guys seem to be wrestling with loads of contact & nothing gets done, but then other times you only have to slightly touch a guy & its a foul!!!

What is the actual definition of a foul?? Have looked online & cant seem to find a proper definition?? Is it all about the contact & how excessive it is or is there another explanation??

Also, when a player is driving to the basket, is any contact from an opposition player on the hand or arm automatically a foul??

Would love to watch a game with an American who would be able to help me out on stuff like this & explain the rules to me so hoping you guys can help me here as i'll start to enjoy the games even more!!

Go Lakers!!
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject:

If it is LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Dwayne Wade, Paul Pierce, Dirk Nowitzki, James Harden, and the like, then even breathing on any part of their clothing or body is a foul. If the player is a C/PF or is in contact with a defender that has any of the names previously mentioned, then only a rugby style tackle will count as a foul.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
JosephBentley78
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Hey guys

Huge Laker fan from the 80's when in England we used to get a highlights show on a saturday night so it was always the Magic v Bird show...and i chose Magic!!!

Always loved the sport but we had next to no coverage on tv but always followed the team results which has obviously been helped in the last 15 yrs or so by internet access.

We now have awesome tv coverage in the UK though. Been getting better over last 2-3 yrs but a new channel which launched here in about August 2013 called BT Sport now shows about 5-6 NBA games a week - had All Star game on live & our game v Houston is on this week as well as a few others.

Watching more & more Basketball now, even more than i watch Football (Soccer to you guys!!) so wanna learn more about the game & the fouls thing is something i cant quite grasp so thought i'd ask for some help!!!

Sometimes guys seem to be wrestling with loads of contact & nothing gets done, but then other times you only have to slightly touch a guy & its a foul!!!

What is the actual definition of a foul?? Have looked online & cant seem to find a proper definition?? Is it all about the contact & how excessive it is or is there another explanation??

Also, when a player is driving to the basket, is any contact from an opposition player on the hand or arm automatically a foul??

Would love to watch a game with an American who would be able to help me out on stuff like this & explain the rules to me so hoping you guys can help me here as i'll start to enjoy the games even more!!

Go Lakers!!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Uhm, why do you have 2 accounts that joined one day apart, and then repeat the same post twice?
TheJMan24
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Uhm, why do you have 2 accounts that joined one day apart, and then repeat the same post twice?

I don't.

No idea who that Joseph Bentley guy is but looks like he has copied & pasted my original post for some strange reason???

Strange!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: