"Dirk Jabs Kobe" - article.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
In b4 everyone starts saying Kobe still deserves to be the highest paid player in the NBA at age 36 and 37.

Serious..
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject:

You know when Kobe said rebuilding is unacceptable, it technically makes sense. If he took less money, then he's part of the rebuilding. If he takes the most he can get, then it's not rebuilding, it's business as usual.

So yes, you're not rebuilding Kobe. Just don't expect a championship, or tell us how badly you want that 6th ring.
TriForce
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject:

PROPHET wrote:
where24happens wrote:
In b4 everyone starts saying Kobe still deserves to be the highest paid player in the NBA at age 36 and 37.

Serious..

considering Kobe brings in more money than any other player, he does.
TriForce
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
You know when Kobe said rebuilding is unacceptable, it technically makes sense. If he took less money, then he's part of the rebuilding. If he takes the most he can get, then it's not rebuilding, it's business as usual.

So yes, you're not rebuilding Kobe. Just don't expect a championship, or tell us how badly you want that 6th ring.

We have a max slot and a top draft pick. Kobe should expect nothing less than a championship. Management needs to be held accountable.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject:

OP
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject:

TriForce wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

We have a max slot and a top draft pick. Kobe should expect nothing less than a championship. Management needs to be held accountable.

This is what you said:

TriForce wrote:
To be the best, you beat the best, not join them.

A max slot is meant to sign the best players. You say that teaming/joining up with the best cheapens the championship, yet you want the Lakers to create a "cheap" championship team by pairing Kobe up with those best players through a max slot?

Talk about being hypocritical .
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject:

divncom wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
From what it seemed like to me, Dirk was saying that he wouldn't have the opportunity to sign a Kobe contract because the Mavs were not going to offer that to him.

Exactly.

I saw it that way as well - they're just saying he took a jab at Kobe to get some clicks ... thought I would post it, though. Dirk and Kobe's careers have coincided so I'm sure they have the utmost respect for each other.

Same here. Except I took it a step further. It sounded like Dirk knows that Cuban isn't as stupid as the Buss family.

Quote:
"And I'm pretty sure I'm not going to sign Kobe's deal -- unfortunately"

Sounds to me like Dirk would be perfectly happy taking Kobe's deal -- if Dallas offered it.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject:

General rule of thumb is don't comment on other's people deals, so there's a pretty good chance he is talking about the likelihood of offers.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject:

Man, I wish the Lakers had Dirk right now instead of Kobe. Dirk is a superstar and a gentlemen. Hilarious how laker fans actually thought at one point Pau was equal or greater than Dirk. I NEVER did. Too bad all Laker fans learned that the hard way
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
Man, I wish the Lakers had Dirk right now instead of Kobe. Dirk is a superstar and a gentlemen. Hilarious how laker fans actually thought at one point Pau was equal or greater than Dirk. I NEVER did. Too bad all Laker fans learned that the hard way

Why is he a gentleman?
Because he says unfortunately he won't have a Kobe-like contract?
People need to understand that he doesn't say he won't take a contract like Kobe's, but he says unfortunately he won't have the opportunity to take it.

Last edited by Romano338 on Wed May 07, 2014 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:35 am    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject:

I wonder what Sterling is saying about Kobe?????
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:19 am    Post subject:

No one deserves to be compared with Smush.
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject:

Erm... people don't realize Dirk was joking? I mean... seriously... a joke is a joke... some laughs are good, live the life!
And I'd rather have Pau than Dirk, but idc what anyone thinks about it. Stretch 4 works, but I don't have to like it, do I?
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject:

Romano338 wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Why is he a gentleman?
Because he says unfortunately he won't have a Kobe-like contract?
People need to understand that he doesn't say he won't take a contract like Kobe's, but he says unfortunately he won't have the opportunity to take it.

pretty much it, where fans think "why does he take so much of the cap", other players think "well played man"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: