Celebrating Kobe [let's keep the negative stuff out of this one, Ok?...the staff]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:33 am    Post subject:

^ Agreed, very nice gesture by the Wolves and their fans were great too.

Congrats Kobe, and thanks. It's been a privilege to watch you play for 19 years.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject:

CONGRATULATIONS TO KOBE BRYANT, THE BLACK MAMBA!!

I had the pleasure of attending a game in Memphis were he scored 60 points.

There had to be as many Laker fans (Kobe MVP signs & Chants) in the Fed-Ex Forum as there were Griz fans.

What a great night for me and my family
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject:

The postgame interview almost had me going. I love it when kobe shows emotion and he was on the verge on shedding some tears there. You could see that sense of relief and satisfaction in his voice.

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject:

Congrats Kobe! Glad for him.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Air Apparent wrote:
I love it when kobe shows emotion .... You could see that sense of relief and satisfaction in his voice.

Agree. I was a little surprised. He appeared genuinely happy and relieved. I kinda expected him to be a little more nonchalant about it. And, yes, definitely a class move by the Wolves. Just a wonderful moment.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Incredible combination of excellence and longevity. Just incredible.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject:

When Kobe went down with his Achilles injury, I truly feared it was over. But major props to him proving me and others wrong. Truly amazing. I just hope the team can surround him with enough talent to make at least one more championship run.
lakersalonpas
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject:

it's a credit to his consistently high level of play throughout the years (obviously not this season). To people who harp on the amount of games it took kobe to get there, he wasn't a starter until his 3rd year in the league, he was bench player for his first few seasons.

It's an achievement, and when you consider that his contemporaries are all big men, and Michael Jordan, that's pretty damn impressive.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject:

lakersalonpas wrote:
it's a credit to his consistently high level of play throughout the years (obviously not this season). To people who harp on the amount of games it took kobe to get there, he wasn't a starter until his 3rd year in the league, he was bench player for his first few seasons.

It's an achievement, and when you consider that his contemporaries are all big men, and Michael Jordan, that's pretty damn impressive.

There's a lot to be said for the uninterrupted longevity piece, especially as a wing player. As 24 said earlier in the thread, a guy like Duncan is able to survive being 6'11". When you combine that with fundamentals, he could play until his body breaks down. Much, much harder when you're 6'6".
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject:

Indiana’s Paul George credits Kobe Bryant for support through recent injury

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20141215/indianas-paul-george-credits-kobe-bryant-for-support-through-recent-injury
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
When Kobe went down with his Achilles injury, I truly feared it was over. But major props to him proving me and others wrong. Truly amazing. I just hope the team can surround him with enough talent to make at least one more championship run.

I was afraid it was done as well. I sat there wondering if this was the last game I would ever see Kobe Bryant play. While it is sometimes painfully obvious that he has some rust and conditioning issues, I am overjoyed to see his return to the court this year, and confident that he is going to get a lot more efficient as he rounds back into game form after a such a long layoff.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
beKObe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject:

I'm late, but I want to be part of this history. Congrats Kobe Bean Bryant. The incarnation of the Lakers spirit!
beKObe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject:

EddieJonesss wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Insane accomplishment. I was also gratified that the Wolves took a TO so he could celebrate the moment and keep the game ball. Unfortunately, it's sounding like Malone will likely be out of reach, but third all time is astounding. All time great, Kobe Bryant. Top ten, easy, and I wouldn't argue too hard if someone suggested top five.

Wow, I watched the game and saw him get the game ball. Classy move all around but did not realize they took a turnover after his free throws to be able to give him the ball. Super classy.

TO = time out.

SweetP wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:
Congrats to Kobe! Nice to see that the top 3 scorers in NBA history have worn a Lakers jersey, and it's extra special that Kobe has scored all of his points as a Laker.

Five of the top six have worn a Lakers jersey, with four of them earning much of their fame with the Lakers. In Kobe's case, it's 100% of course.

The top three scorers have first names that begin with the letter "K." That's a good omen for some dude currently playing in Oklahoma City.
Only if he comes to join the purple and gold.

Yay Kendrick Perkins is coming!
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
C M B wrote:
Did anyone else see/notice the two separate instances in the Spurs game in which he made defenders fall down? At 36 after popping a leg and taking a year off.

First one happens with ~1:45 left in the 2nd Q. The crowd marvels with an audible oooooh.

2nd one is at 3:07 left in the 3rd. The defense traps Kobe in the top corner and he breaks free, but not without shaking Manu in such a way that he's crawling on all fours like a Patagonian goat.

And lets not forget this:

That is my favorite take off the dribble Kobe play of all time. I've been looking for it! Thanks!

My favorite:

3 defenders, 3 separate defensive plays, 3 neutralizations + assist

This was art...the greatest individual play I've ever seen.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

My favorite:

That was Magic-esque.

Another Kobe gem that has been taken for granted:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
C M B wrote:
Did anyone else see/notice the two separate instances in the Spurs game in which he made defenders fall down? At 36 after popping a leg and taking a year off.

First one happens with ~1:45 left in the 2nd Q. The crowd marvels with an audible oooooh.

2nd one is at 3:07 left in the 3rd. The defense traps Kobe in the top corner and he breaks free, but not without shaking Manu in such a way that he's crawling on all fours like a Patagonian goat.

That is my favorite take off the dribble Kobe play of all time. I've been looking for it! Thanks!

My favorite:

Kobe playing basketball is art IMO. Nothing like it anywhere else.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
C M B wrote:

My favorite:

That was Magic-esque.

Another Kobe gem that has been taken for granted:

That WAS beautiful!
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject:

Kobe is one amazing dude. Any guy who can play his minutes at his age and be productive as he is right now as a wing player in today's game, well, he deserves our respect and admiration for that all by itself.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
C M B wrote:

My favorite:

I had completely forgotten about that. Completely seamless transitions from one move to the next. Miss Ronny too, that guy was awesome.

This reminded me of this play. It's not quite as impressive, but one of my favorite plays of Kobe's career, because of its importance and how it exhibits Kobe's BBall IQ. He's never gotten the credit he's deserved for being one of the smartest players in the league, aside from his appearances in the annual GM survey amongst the best in the game in that category.

Go to 3:35 of this video. The Lakers are down 5, and Orlando has the ball with 45 seconds to go. Lewis shoots and misses, and the Lakers get the ball with about 39 seconds left. Kobe knows that they HAVE to get a 2-for-1 in this situation in order to have a decent shot at winning. He has only a few seconds to do that. So Kobe finds the open space, Fisher hits him with a great outlet pass, and Kobe takes it at no less than four defenders, hitting a trailing Pau with an incredible dime.

3 point game w/32 seconds left. That's manageable. You can win that.

The on the very next play, the Lakers get mixed up on their PnR coverage, and Howard is WIDE open under the basket. Kobe anticipates this a split second before anyone else does, and TACKLES him. A Howard dunk at that point probably ends the game, for all intents and purposes. He predictably goes up and clanks both of them.

Then on the next play, he draws the attention of a secondary defender in the backcourt, and makes a strong outlet pass to Ariza, who reverses it over to Fisher. Ball reversal in the back court like this gets the defense in scramble mode, and on their heels. Fisher drains a huge 3, and the Lakers win Game 4 (and for all intents and purposes, the championship) in OT.

One of the clutchest sequences of his career, and he had 0 points, 1 assist, and 1 foul to show for it.

3:35 and forward...

KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
C M B wrote:
C M B wrote:

My favorite:

I had completely forgotten about that. Completely seamless transitions from one move to the next. Miss Ronny too, that guy was awesome.

This reminded me of this play. It's not quite as impressive, but one of my favorite plays of Kobe's career, because of its importance and how it exhibits Kobe's BBall IQ. He's never gotten the credit he's deserved for being one of the smartest players in the league, aside from his appearances in the annual GM survey amongst the best in the game in that category.

Go to 3:35 of this video. The Lakers are down 5, and Orlando has the ball with 45 seconds to go. Lewis shoots and misses, and the Lakers get the ball with about 39 seconds left. Kobe knows that they HAVE to get a 2-for-1 in this situation in order to have a decent shot at winning. He has only a few seconds to do that. So Kobe finds the open space, Fisher hits him with a great outlet pass, and Kobe takes it at no less than four defenders, hitting a trailing Pau with an incredible dime.

3 point game w/32 seconds left. That's manageable. You can win that.

The on the very next play, the Lakers get mixed up on their PnR coverage, and Howard is WIDE open under the basket. Kobe anticipates this a split second before anyone else does, and TACKLES him. A Howard dunk at that point probably ends the game, for all intents and purposes. He predictably goes up and clanks both of them.

Then on the next play, he draws the attention of a secondary defender in the backcourt, and makes a strong outlet pass to Ariza, who reverses it over to Fisher. Ball reversal in the back court like this gets the defense in scramble mode, and on their heels. Fisher drains a huge 3, and the Lakers win Game 4 (and for all intents and purposes, the championship) in OT.

One of the clutchest sequences of his career, and he had 0 points, 1 assist, and 1 foul to show for it.

3:35 and forward...

Yep, yep. And then D12 doesn't want to play with Kobe. Kobe should have just shown him that stripped rebound over and over again. Kobe is a beast!
heineken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Nice thread. Good memories. Cheers Kobe. It's nice to take a break from senseless Kobe Critiquing going on elsewhere.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
C M B wrote:

My favorite:

Kobe playing basketball is art IMO. Nothing like it anywhere else.

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/apr/07/news/wk-dance7

Strange how I recall this article nearly a decade later.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfYGBHi7ya0

I remember watching that Suns series and thinking, damn, the guy is just playing flawlessly.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: