Official KOBE BRYANT appreciation thread (pg.14 links and quotes re: retirement announcement)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject:

What it was like covering Kobe Bryant

Quote:
As the words tumbled out of Kobe Bryant’s mouth, my eyes kept darting to the tape recorder’s little red light. Please, please: no malfunctions. Why the conversation had turned from Michael Jordan to Michael Jackson hadn’t become clear yet, but Bryant had turned it and started to unload a chestful of never-told Neverland Ranch stories.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/what-it-was-like-covering-kobe-bryant-211133553.html
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject:

The Legend - A Tribute To Kobe Bryant

#BlackMambaRulesForever

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Tribute from Larry Nance Jr

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEKAbfZr4Rw/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Signing wall outside Staples Center:

https://twitter.com/LakersNation/status/720374322926215168
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
DerekFisherVerified account ‏@derekfisher 31m31 minutes ago
ICYMI: My farewell to my friend @kobebryant on @TheCauldron via @SINow: http://on.si.com/1Sf97e1 #MambaDay
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject:

The wit, wisdom and words of Kobe

Quote:
"I've shot too much from the time I was 8 years old. But 'too much' is a matter of perspective. Some people thought Mozart had too many notes in his compositions. Let me put it this way: I entertain people who say I shoot too much. I find it very interesting. Going back to Mozart, he responded to critics by saying there were neither too many notes or too few. There were as many as necessary."

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/instantawesome-KobeQuotes/wit-wisdom-words-kobe
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Teammates Remember Kobe Bryant

http://www.twcsportsnet.com/videos/2016/04/13/kobe-farewell-teammates-on-bryant-legacy
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Interesting stuff this makes me feel kind of old though

http://thebiglead.com/2016/04/13/kobe-bryant-career-1996-2016/

Quote:
Kobe Bryant: So Much Has Changed in the 20-Years Since His NBA DebutI

Kobe Bryant played his first NBA game on November 3, 1996. Kobe played 6-minutes off the bench in a Lakers win over the Minnesota Timberwolves. He went 0-for-1 from the field and had 1 rebound and 1 block. Fellow rookie Derek Fisher played 13 minutes. Current Lakers coach Byron Scott played 19 minutes. 24-year old Shaquille O’Neal had 35 points and 19 rebounds.

Man, things sure were different twenty years ago. Here are some more things that are not the same now as they were then..

The #1 movie in America was Romeo + Juliet.

It was homecoming weekend on 3rd Rock From the Sun.

Hank Scorpio offered Homer new job on The Simpsons.

Mulder saw the field where he died on The X-Files. (Spoiler alert?)

Chris Rock hosted Saturday Night Live hours earlier. The Wallflowers performed “One Headlight.” Unfortunately, that wasn’t enough to keep the Macarena by Los Del Rio from being the #1 song in America.

America was two days away from re-electing Bill Clinton. Bob Dole and Ross Perot had know idea what was about to happen.

Barry Sanders rushed for 152 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries in a Lions loss to Brett Favre and the Packers.

Clay Matthews Jr., the father of Pitch Perfect 2’s Clay Matthews III, sacked Kerry Collins 3 times in a Falcons win over the Panthers.

ESPN radio personality Danny Kanell dueled CBS radio personality Boomer Esiason as the Giants beat the Cardinals, 16-8.

Yahoo! radio personality Sean Salisbury threw two touchdown passes in a Chargers win over Jim Harbaugh and the Colts. The Michigan coach’s social media channels were eerily quiet after his 18-of-44, 4-interception performance that day.

In fact, no one said anything on social media that day. Kobe Bryant has been playing so long there wasn’t social media. And now he’s retired. Time to bring back Los Del Rio.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject:

So many ex-teammates out there tonight. I don't see worthless Smush Parker though. Maybe he was invited to pick up the trash at Staples Center.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Loved hearing Paul Pierce call Kobe the greatest player of this generation

and most of the other stars agreed. Durant, Paul.

Kobe is the greatest!!!!!!!!
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject:

can't believe he's gone from the game. Watched him for 20 years. Best Laker player EVER.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Gonna be strange for next season to start and not see 24.
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Crazy that hes finally hanging them up--been a sweet ride

Too many nutty memories to list
Defender
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject:

He shots too much...I have always complained...but I am so glad he did...all the way to his last game.

Now, I can no longer complain.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Gonna be strange for next season to start and not see 24.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant Scores 60 Points in Final NBA Game
Kobe Bryant scored 60 points in his final NBA game, as he led LA to a comeback victory with 23 points in the fourth quarter.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/Kobe-Bryant-scores-60-points-in-NBA-finale-375644661.html
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Kobe.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise. Kobe Bryant
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Tribute From Portugal: happy to follow Kobe's career from the start. His scored his 1st point in Charlotte, and wall know close we has to be playing in a white jersey.
I never doubted he would be a HoF, funny is that it were the 3 air balls vs Utah that made me sure he was destined for clutch and greatness.
I saw AD's 59 pt game this season and was like "damn why didn’t he get 60?". Now we know why.
Kobe is more than his accomplishments. He was THE NBA, just like MJ, Erving etc.
There were lots of obstacles, bad games, real life problems, and he never gave up, nor run away from the Lakers. We just don't see anymore a player dedicating his career to one team.

My report on the game: It was almost 6am here in Madeira Island (land of Cristiano Ronaldo, our soccer “Kobe”), Portugal, and I was having some insomnia, so turned on NBA League Pass on my mobile phone to check if the warriors had made 73-9. GSW was up 20 and SC had his 400 3s. So I move to the Laker game to see if Utah was still in the playoff contention (had not checked the Rockets score). Utah was up 8 and it seemed a lost cause for the Lakers. Well let's see if Kobe is on the floor, so I can witness the ovation when he gets is substituted. But, what the hell? HE'S GOT 45!!!
A tear came to my eye when he came off the game. I compare this to Magic's All Star game.

Now in Portuguese:
Kobe vamos sentir a tua falta. Foste e serás um dos grandes de sempre. Não sou adepto dos Lakers, mas sempre gostei de te ver jogar desde o dia 1.
Mais que as estatísticas, 81 contra Toronto, 5 títulos, 3º na lista de melhores marcadores, foi a tua dedicação ao jogo, espírito competitivo, e postura perante os Lakers.
Obrigado pelo espetáculo desta noite, foi um previlégio, e só isso valeu os 180 dólares do League Pass.

Abraço e boa sorte para ti e os teus.

Last edited by carlosLisboa on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Just absolutely incredible. This would've been an incredible performance if Kobe was 27, but to do on his way out. When he is on his last legs and the tank is on E. I mean just no words can describe what this man has meant to the franchise. There will never be another Kobe Bryant. He did what he has done his entire career. When the chips are down and we need a prayer the Black Mamba comes through. He willed us to victory like he's done so many times. That game looked over and all of a sudden Kobe just wasn't gonna lose. Gonna miss you Kobe. Good luck to you bro.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject:

Unbelievable. I was hoping for a restrained, in-flow game. (bleep) me, I'm a total idiot. This was the right way for Kobe to go out. To start 0-5, to then hit 5 in a row. To be hovering around 35-40% all game shooting the ball, and then to catch fire down the stretch to pull out such a comeback victory. 60 points. 50 shots.

Man, next year is going to be rough.
Iconic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject:

I can't imagine the last time I was this excited after a win, thank you Kobe for all of the great memories over the years. It's because of you I bleed purple and gold and will continue to after you are gone.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Just absolutely incredible. This would've been an incredible performance if Kobe was 27, but to do on his way out. When he is on his last legs and the tank is on E. I mean just no words can describe what this man has meant to the franchise. There will never be another Kobe Bryant. He did what he has done his entire career. When the chips are down and we need a prayer the Black Mamba comes through. He willed us to victory like he's done so many times. That game looked over and all of a sudden Kobe just wasn't gonna lose. Gonna miss you Kobe. Good luck to you bro.

Under the circumstances, this performance had to be possibly the greatest athletic performance of all time!
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject:

On April 12, 2013, Kobe tore his Achilles. Some said he’d never return.

On April 13, 2016, he scored 60 and left the game on his own terms.

AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject:

I thought I'd be crying because of how sad I was to see him go. Instead I'm crying because I'm so overjoyed that this how he got to go out.

Just an absolutely incredible, mind blowing performance. I couldn't have imagined anything better in my wildest dreams.

THANK YOU KOBE. You will always be my favorite player. It's been an amazing ride.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33
Jump to: