this forum is pretty dominated by a handful of users

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: this forum is pretty dominated by a handful of users

so it's clear now that the forums here are pretty much dominated by about 5-10 users. i don't know how many thousands are lurking, but that seems to be the case. and most of the posts by these users, the ones that make sure to comment in almost any thread regardless of if they have anything to contribute or not...is pretty much negative. i hesitate to call it trolling, but that's probably the closest term for it.

that is all.

i also claim that these users are preventing others from participating.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: this forum is pretty dominated by a handful of users

SuperboyReformed wrote:
so it's clear now that the forums here are pretty much dominated by about 5-10 users. i don't know how many thousands are lurking, but that seems to be the case. and most of the posts by these users, the ones that make sure to comment in almost any thread regardless of if they have anything to contribute or not...is pretty much negative. i hesitate to call it trolling, but that's probably the closest term for it.

that is all.

Yeah we may have some high usage users but there's no reason others can't step up their game and be high usage as well. Unlike in a basketball game where there's a limited number of minutes and possessions before a game is over - a thread in terms of the discussion can continue on and on. If you feel that some are dominating too much, it won't help by sitting back and complaining or quitting like some tend to do. Instead make your own case, whatever it is. Just my .02
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: this forum is pretty dominated by a handful of users

SuperboyReformed wrote:

Yet you stand up to our oppression. We admire you for that.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject:

As someone who has moderated some tech and gaming sites, welcome to every forum in the history of ever. Some people post more than others...it's crazy I know!
ForTheHaters
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject:

As someone who has read these boards frequently for more than 10 years, I must say I agree with the OP sentiment.

The quality of posts and posters seems to have greatly declined. Maybe it's just the losing, but it does seem that way.

One example, try saying something positive about Byron - anything - and all replies received will be "trolling" as per the definition stated in the "LG: SITE MODERATION POLICY". Moderators are guilty of this, as well.

It feels like there is a strong herd mentality developing among a certain group of posters and I'm surprised it's been allowed to go on.

After reading this thread and a few scattered posts from other longtime readers/posters, I don't think I'm alone.

Know, I truly appreciate the work of the staff/moderators and the quality posts and information provided by some. Thank you for your effort. I understand my expectations are probably too high.

Respectfully submitted,
ForTheHaters
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject:

ForTheHaters wrote:
As someone who has read these boards frequently for more than 10 years, I must say I agree with the OP sentiment.

The quality of posts and posters seems to have greatly declined. Maybe it's just the losing, but it does seem that way.

One example, try saying something positive about Byron - anything - and all replies received will be "trolling" as per the definition stated in the "LG: SITE MODERATION POLICY". Moderators are guilty of this, as well.

It feels like there is a strong herd mentality developing among a certain group of posters and I'm surprised it's been allowed to go on.

After reading this thread and a few scattered posts from other longtime readers/posters, I don't think I'm alone.

Know, I truly appreciate the work of the staff/moderators and the quality posts and information provided by some. Thank you for your effort. I understand my expectations are probably too high.

Respectfully submitted,
ForTheHaters

Thanks for the feedback.
Kindly report these posts (including posts from mods) so we can take a look.
Or send one of us a PM if you want to chat, vent or just be heard.
Always an open door.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
As someone who has moderated some tech and gaming sites, welcome to every forum in the history of ever. Some people post more than others...it's crazy I know!

Yeah that is true, and I don't really agree with the OP, but I do feel like the forum is becoming a lot more passive aggressive as of late.

Maybe it really is the losing seasons, like someone suggested, and it'll all get better once the Lakers do better. Maybe it's just modern society in general that is like this.

But at the end of the day only one thing matters: GO LAKERS
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: this forum is pretty dominated by a handful of users

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

Yet you stand up to our oppression. We admire you for that.

Now get back in your (bleeping) hole!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: