THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3125, 3126, 3127 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

That’s actually true for a while, the key is how we adapt to not being the clear number one. This far, it is badly

A huge part of the Trump supporting population won't realize/recognize/admit to our decline. Maybe ever.

I guess that a dual edge sword. Maybe they'd blame others and lash out even more if they let that truth soak in. But at the same time, their denial will be why our country will struggle to reverse the trend.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸
@mtgreenee
·
4h
The
@City_of_Anaheim
does not believe freedom represents their values, but America Last communists cancel culture does.

Me and
@mattgaetz
are still having a rally to show all Americans how to stand up against tyrants and bullies using our great First Amendment!

I love how people cry freedom yet are whining about some using their freedom.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
McDonald’s Offers Wage Increases, Child-Care Assistance, Paid Time Off And Help With Tuition To Attract Workers

https://tinyurl.com/386ee6wm

I'm tempted to go on a rant. About how McDonalds should've done this over a decade ago. Or all the other huge companies who should be doing the same thing right now. Or how even in this instance, McDonalds could easily do more.

But instead of all that. I'll just be happy for the workers who get this specific W. And I'll give my vote, time, energy, and money towards people, organizations, and causes who are trying to make this the rule and not the exception.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:08 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
McDonald’s Offers Wage Increases, Child-Care Assistance, Paid Time Off And Help With Tuition To Attract Workers

I'm tempted to go on a rant. About how McDonalds should've done this over a decade ago. Or all the other huge companies who should be doing the same thing right now. Or how even in this instance, McDonalds could easily do more.

But instead of all that. I'll just be happy for the workers who get this specific W. And I'll give my vote, time, energy, and money towards people, organizations, and causes who are trying to make this the rule and not the exception.

why would they unless they have to, tax payers subsidize their worker's salary without consequences to them
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

why would they unless they have to, tax payers subsidize their worker's salary without consequences to them

And when the workers try to unionize bully and fire them! Oh, and threaten them with automation!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

This isn't on the employers as much as it is the cost of rent, healthcare, education, transportation etc al.

We pay people like Boebert and Gaetz $175,000 salary and then
In three months
Quote:
The Garfield County incumbent led the pack, pulling in almost $950,000 from April through the end of June, according to Federal Election Commission reports.
https://coloradosun.com/2021/07/16/colorado-congressional-fundraising-q2-boebert/

She didn't even have a GED
Gaetz is a pedophile tentacle of the Epstein/Trump crowd.
That other Nazi woman and Gaetz traveling across the country to
California and other places when their own states are trash
Fundraising for what?

The US version of Capitalism destroys its people and its own planet.

2 Americans, white males obviously, had a wealth valuation of 100 Billion in 2019
Now there are 7

As of June 2021, eight people have reached the status of USD centibillionaires, meaning that each
has had a net worth of at least $100 billion. All but one (Bernard Arnault) are United States citizens.[8]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billionaire

The centibillionaires club now includes Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg,
Larry Page, Sergey Brin, Warren Buffett, and Bernard Arnault.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/internet/news/richest-people-in-the-world-net-worth-usd-1-trillion-total-100-billion-each-jeff-bezos-elon-musk-mark-zuckerberg-2412730

And our Internal Revenue Service is afraid to ask for our money from them^^^^^^^
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject:

amazing
https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1416891038128513025
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

I'm all in on Jen Psaki.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I'm all in on Jen Psaki.

How does she rate against Sarah Huckabee-Sanders, tho? Does Jen have Sarah's high level of integrity?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Halflife wrote:
I'm all in on Jen Psaki.

How does she rate against Sarah Huckabee-Sanders, tho? Does Jen have Sarah's high level of integrity?

this is purely on attraction. If I take integrity into the equation then it is sarah all day. She was a pillar to the community
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject:

1st Capitol Insurgent Felon sentenced to 8 months prison.

Quote:
A Florida man who breached the U.S. Senate chamber carrying a Trump campaign flag was sentenced Monday to eight months behind bars, the first punishment handed down for a felony charge in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and one that could help determine the severity of other sentences in hundreds of pending cases.

In pronouncing the sentence on Paul Allard Hodgkins, U.S. District Judge Randolph Moss said the 38-year-old had played a role, if not as significant as others, in one of the worst episodes in American history.

Terrorist Sentenced
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
JUST IN: Sources tell me & @AnnieGrayerCNN that Kevin McCarthy will name the following GOP members to the January 6 select committee: Jim Banks as ranking member, Jim Jordan, Rodney Davis, Kelly Armstrong, and Troy Nehls.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MZanona/status/1417247344131772416
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:
A Florida man who breached the U.S. Senate chamber carrying a Trump campaign flag was sentenced Monday to eight months behind bars, the first punishment handed down for a felony charge in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and one that could help determine the severity of other sentences in hundreds of pending cases.

In pronouncing the sentence on Paul Allard Hodgkins, U.S. District Judge Randolph Moss said the 38-year-old had played a role, if not as significant as others, in one of the worst episodes in American history.

Terrorist Sentenced

I'm sure Trump will help him out while he's incarcerated. The guy is a patriot. He'll pay his bills, he'll send regular care packages, and he'll pay his legal counsel while they appeal the case as far as it will go. I'm sure of it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

Terrorist Sentenced

I'm sure Trump will help him out while he's incarcerated. The guy is a patriot. He'll pay his bills, he'll send regular care packages, and he'll pay his legal counsel while they appeal the case as far as it will go. I'm sure of it.

sarcasm...you almost had me.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

Terrorist Sentenced

Quote:

A crane operator from Florida who breached the U.S. Senate chamber carrying a Trump campaign flag was sentenced Monday to eight months behind bars, the first punishment handed down for a felony charge in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and one that could help determine the severity of other sentences in hundreds of pending cases.

Finally more than a slap on the wrist. Hopefully, this is a sign of things to come. Maybe more severe sentences. I wonder if he'll be placed in general popular?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

Terrorist Sentenced

Slap on the wrist that indicates what's to come for the rest of the traitors and insurrectionists. The Prosecutor goes for the median sentence and the Judge dials it back to even less. If the worst of the lot actually does more than 9-21 months after time served, I will be shocked.

These guys will serve as examples in exactly the wrong way. The message will be, "Hey, next time we want to attempt a coup, dive in, you'll be fine even if we aren't successful in our traitorous behavior.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

Terrorist Sentenced

Slap on the wrist that indicates what's to come for the rest of the traitors and insurrectionists. The Prosecutor goes for the median sentence and the Judge dials it back to even less. If the worst of the lot actually does more than 9-21 months after time served, I will be shocked.

These guys will serve as examples in exactly the wrong way. The message will be, "Hey, next time we want to attempt a coup, dive in, you'll be fine even if we aren't successful in our traitorous behavior.

On one hand it's a slap on the wrist (kinda), but he still got 8 months, so in the future insurrectionists will have to be martyrs to the cause and be willing to throw away months of their life for their BS autocratic cause.

I guess those of them who are losers may not mind, but what about those who are middle class or affluent? Trump followers are steroetyped as poor white trash, but I think quite a few of these insurrectionists had money. After all, they flew in from out of state (unless there were people in Congress who subsidised their travel).
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

I am imagining multi year sentences for anyone on camera throwing large objects at the officers who died later from their injuries

Anything less is uncivilized...
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

Terrorist Sentenced

I'm hoping it's bare minimum for mofos who did nothing else but enter, but even then, this stan had gear on him. He was ready for malfeasance.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:13 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

Terrorist Sentenced

I'm hoping it's bare minimum for mofos who did nothing else but enter, but even then, this stan had gear on him. He was ready for malfeasance.

Is there such a thing as INSURRECTION AGAINST UNITED STATES... misdemeanor?
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject:

Where are all the white devils at?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:19 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I am imagining multi year sentences for anyone on camera throwing large objects at the officers who died later from their injuries

Anything less is uncivilized...

I'm hoping the 8 month sentence will be expanded as cases with more severity are adjudicated.

I don't know if the sentencing of Hodgkins will affect his employment.
Quote:
Hodgkins was disappointed a prison term was imposed, his lawyer, Patrick Leduc, said in a phone interview after Monday’s hearing. He said Hodgkins was heading back to his hometown of Tampa to organize his affairs — which will include speaking to his employer about whether imprisonment will cost him his job — before reporting to prison in several months.

I'm disappointed it wasn't more than 8 months.

I would like to know his employers decision. I hope he's terminated.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

^^^
The real question is why wasn't he fired months ago?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
^^^
The real question is why wasn't he fired months ago?

Jake Tyler Brigance! I'm kinda with you about wrist slaps. I don't think many, if any, will get the max. I'm not satisfied with the sentencing but if they ALL get some time in the cross bar hotel it'll be a small amount of satisfaction.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sean-hannity-who-downplayed-covid-urges-viewers-take-it-seriously-n1274470
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3125, 3126, 3127 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 3126 of 3673
Jump to: