THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3180, 3181, 3182 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Andrew Yang decides to leave the Democratic Party, and then appears on Tucker Carlson's show. The next Tulsi.

Arghhhh.

You can't leave something you were never really a part of.

He's like the guy who announces he's leaving "the Friend Zone" of the girl he has a crush on only to start hanging out with the rival of the girl he had a crush on. The girl doesn't give a (bleep) and the rival finds him useful, but pathetic.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, it's not that he left the party that bothers me that much, it's that Yang, as a member of a historically oppressed minority group, would appear on a white supremacist's tv show and thus would legitimize one of the most divisive, destructive people in this country. It is so disappointing.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Yeah, it's not that he left the party that bothers me that much, it's that Yang, as a member of a historically oppressed minority group, would appear on a white supremacist's tv show and thus would legitimize one of the most divisive, destructive people in this country. It is so disappointing.

Disappointing is a kind word for it. It's definitely that, but it is also so much worse.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Uncle Yang

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:04 am    Post subject:

I always thought Yang was a putz. The same people who pimped him also pimp dementia Joe and Ivermectin.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Texas abortion ban halted — for now

https://mobile.twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1445925660631908356
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:22 am    Post subject:

I like the new aggressive PR from Democrats (Biden) finally attacking GOP with the debt incurred under Trump
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I like the new aggressive PR from Democrats (Biden) finally attacking GOP with the debt incurred under Trump

I agree unfortunately though smart people knew this,
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:

I agree unfortunately though smart people knew this,

He's been trying so hard to be 'inclusive' to GOP (even if it's just optic) but has been getting returned face slaps from the other side, good to see he's starting to take the gloves off... btw, this is all PR, we all know Biden done a good job overall and we all know GOP will always do well with their PR cause of the cult
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
I always thought Yang was a putz. The same people who pimped him also pimp dementia Joe and Ivermectin.

Depending on how it’s paid for and other supplemental factors. I’d support a Universal Basic Income.
Should it replace other benefits people get? Of course not. It should be additional.
Should it be paid for by cutting other social programs. Of course not. It should be additional.
Does it fix healthcare, income inequality, climate change, infrastructure, voting rights, and the variety of other issues we’re facing. No. It’s not the fix all. Yang tried to sell it as.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Source tells me Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and top aides Scavino, Bannon and Patel are set to defy Jan. 6 committee subpoenas — under instructions from Trump. @GuardianUS

https://mobile.twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1445728535239294983
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

Andrew was just yanging our chains about being a Democrat.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Source tells me Trump White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and top aides Scavino, Bannon and Patel are set to defy Jan. 6 committee subpoenas — under instructions from Trump. @GuardianUS

so still no consequences
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

so still no consequences

The senate committee can make a criminal referral to the justice department (for the aides evading subpoenas). The chairman said he was prepared to do it. We'll see.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
governator wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

so still no consequences

The senate committee can make a criminal referral to the justice department (for the aides evading subpoenas). The chairman said he was prepared to do it. We'll see.

It feels like we have been saying that about a lot of these things for far too long now, unfortunately.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

We are all desensitized to the corruption and criminality of Trump-world at this point, but here's some more validation for what we all already knew:

Senate Judiciary Committee issues sweeping report detailing how Trump and a top DOJ lawyer attempted to overturn 2020 election

Quote:
The Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday released a sweeping report about how former President Donald Trump and a top lawyer in the Justice Department attempted to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

Trump directly asked the Justice Department nine times to undermine the election result, and his chief of staff Mark Meadows broke administration policy by pressuring a Justice Department lawyer to investigate claims of election fraud, according to the report, which is based on witness interviews of top former Justice Department officials.

The Democratic-led committee also revealed that White House counsel Pat Cipollone threatened to quit in early January as Trump considered replacing then-acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen with Jeffrey Clark, a DOJ lawyer who supported election fraud conspiracies.

After the eight-month investigation, the findings highlight the relentlessness of Trump and some of his top advisers as they fixated on using the Justice Department to prop up false conspiracies of election fraud. The committee report, the most comprehensive account so far of Trump's efforts to overturn the election, described his conduct as an abuse of presidential power.
Soon after the release of the report Thursday morning, Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley's office issued a GOP version, which pushes back on the Democrats' findings and defends Trump, saying he "listened to his senior advisors and followed their advice and recommendations."

Needless to say, the DOJ should be drafting some kind of criminal conspiracy charges at this moment...
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
We are all desensitized to the corruption and criminality of Trump-world at this point, but here's some more validation for what we all already knew:

Senate Judiciary Committee issues sweeping report detailing how Trump and a top DOJ lawyer attempted to overturn 2020 election

Quote:
The Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday released a sweeping report about how former President Donald Trump and a top lawyer in the Justice Department attempted to overturn the 2020 presidential election.

Trump directly asked the Justice Department nine times to undermine the election result, and his chief of staff Mark Meadows broke administration policy by pressuring a Justice Department lawyer to investigate claims of election fraud, according to the report, which is based on witness interviews of top former Justice Department officials.

The Democratic-led committee also revealed that White House counsel Pat Cipollone threatened to quit in early January as Trump considered replacing then-acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen with Jeffrey Clark, a DOJ lawyer who supported election fraud conspiracies.

After the eight-month investigation, the findings highlight the relentlessness of Trump and some of his top advisers as they fixated on using the Justice Department to prop up false conspiracies of election fraud. The committee report, the most comprehensive account so far of Trump's efforts to overturn the election, described his conduct as an abuse of presidential power.
Soon after the release of the report Thursday morning, Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley's office issued a GOP version, which pushes back on the Democrats' findings and defends Trump, saying he "listened to his senior advisors and followed their advice and recommendations."

Needless to say, the DOJ should be drafting some kind of criminal conspiracy charges at this moment...

IMO it’s not about being desensitized. It’s about nothing happening. Biden’s AG May have morals Barr didn’t but he’s still old school and hasn’t done ish.

There are still officials who were trumptards working in doj. If that’s not a national security threat idk what is.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject:

I think doj is concerned about the extremist Trump followers and QAnon bs

Any human with half a brain knows our own president planned and attempted to overthrow the United States government. Why him and his enablers aren't being waterboarded right now is beyond my understanding

If they aren't all imprisoned then we just invite it to happen again
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

IMO it’s not about being desensitized. It’s about nothing happening. Biden’s AG May have morals Barr didn’t but he’s still old school and hasn’t done ish.

There are still officials who were trumptards working in doj. If that’s not a national security threat idk what is.

Regardless of who is ignoring or not being proactive enough about the criminal behavior surrounding Trump's presidency and the January Insurrection and why, it absolutely about desensitization to the activities. The longer these acts go unaddressed and unpunished, the more normalized they become and deeper into corruption and authoritarianism we slip.

The window for effectively prosecuting the widespread criminality and attacks on our democracy is rapidly and irrevocably closing. The consequences of forgoing that opportunity will be devastating in ways I don't think we can truly fathom yet.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject:

Rick Wilson
@TheRickWilson
1/ I have some bad news. After multiple calls I have some extremely grim news.

As of now 1/6 commission is dead already, and will not enforce the subpoenas.

Trump wins.

The 1/6 terror plot will go unexamined and unpunished.

To say I'm livid is putting it mildly.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Rick Wilson
@TheRickWilson

Trump wins.

Hoping some FOIAs pull some crime info and we get some ngo's to find a way to bring charges against these people.. They are a deeeep sickness and they are trying to keep America's racist lynching past alive..

Capitulation to Terrorists.. nice work America
If we cannot clean our own wretched house then we better stay out of others business.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

This empire is due for an ending.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Rick Wilson
@TheRickWilson

Trump wins.

His tweets on this went vial and he's getting a lot of pushback on twitter with others saying nothing is a done deal. He may be trying to light a fire under the Democrats (with more speculation than fact at this point).
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

Events are still unfolding:

Quote:
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Breaking NBC: Biden has formally rejected Trump's request to withhold White House records from the Jan. 6 select committee.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Rick Wilson
@TheRickWilson

Trump wins.

Hoping some FOIAs pull some crime info and we get some ngo's to find a way to bring charges against these people.. They are a deeeep sickness and they are trying to keep America's racist lynching past alive..

Capitulation to Terrorists.. nice work America
If we cannot clean our own wretched house then we better stay out of others business.

the fact that trump is even remotely a possibility to be re-elected though super slim is bananas. Plus as I have said. dems are kittys, trying to stuff the new way of doing politics in a box and revert to how it used to be.

GOP have zero interest in reverting back. Modern warfare needs to be fought with the newest technology.

Its like sports. i don't care how good bill Russell was. If you take that era and played in this era (styles, rules, science staying how they were for them) they would get killed. the physicality couldn't handle the athleticsm.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3180, 3181, 3182 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 3181 of 3663
Jump to: