THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3181, 3182, 3183 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject:

Also keep in mind that the DOJ may have its own investigations and its own motives, that may conflict with the political motivations of Congress (which tend to require a faster process than the DOJ's or FBI's). The DOJ is unlikely to assist Congress where doing so would impede or negatively impact its own investigations. For all we know, there may be grand jury investigations already on all these issues, but because grand jury investigations are typically sealed and under gag orders, that's not public.

We also won't know that is what is happening in terms of any DOJ investigation or grant jury until the DOJ actually calls in witnesses for a grand jury and/or announces the filing of charges. Just something to consider, although Merrick Garland does have me worried.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
THOMPSON & CHENEY STATEMENT ON SUBPOENA DEADLINE
Oct 8, 2021

Bolton, MS & Wilson, WY—Chairman Bennie G. Thompson (D-MS) and Vice Chair Liz Cheney (R-WY) today made the following statement regarding the deadline for witnesses under subpoena to produce materials to the Select Committee:

“While Mr. Meadows and Mr. Patel are, so far, engaging with the Select Committee, Mr. Bannon has indicated that he will try to hide behind vague references to privileges of the former President. The Select Committee fully expects all of these witnesses to comply with our demands for both documents and deposition testimony.

“Though the Select Committee welcomes good-faith engagement with witnesses seeking to cooperate with our investigation, we will not allow any witness to defy a lawful subpoena or attempt to run out the clock, and we will swiftly consider advancing a criminal contempt of Congress referral.

“We thank those many patriotic Americans who are coming forward voluntarily to participate in our inquiry. The Committee is making rapid progress and will not be deterred by those who seek to obstruct our efforts.”

link
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject:

He was trying to provoke a response.

Quote:
Rick Wilson @TheRickWilson

I think my work here is done for a Friday.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Rep. Liz Cheney @RepLizCheney

This is not true. 1/6 Committee is making significant progress and we will enforce subpoenas. Committee statement coming soon.

Quote:

1/ I have some bad news. After multiple calls I have some extremely grim news.

As of now 1/6 commission is dead already, and will not enforce the subpoenas.

Trump wins.

The 1/6 terror plot will go unexamined and unpunished.

To say I'm livid is putting it mildly
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Also keep in mind that the DOJ may have its own investigations and its own motives, that may conflict with the political motivations of Congress (which tend to require a faster process than the DOJ's or FBI's). The DOJ is unlikely to assist Congress where doing so would impede or negatively impact its own investigations. For all we know, there may be grand jury investigations already on all these issues, but because grand jury investigations are typically sealed and under gag orders, that's not public.

We also won't know that is what is happening in terms of any DOJ investigation or grant jury until the DOJ actually calls in witnesses for a grand jury and/or announces the filing of charges. Just something to consider, although Merrick Garland does have me worried.

Much appreciated. Thank you.

All those years of talk about the Sgt at arms taking these people away in handcuffs and such.. Just wishing for a few pics of top admin in handcuffs and removed from their positions etc

Terrorist DeJoy is still ruining the post office /shrug after intentionally trying to help Trump and Republicans thwart/destroy mail in voting
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

This is not true. 1/6 Committee is making significant progress and we will enforce subpoenas. Committee statement coming soon.

Quote:

Trump wins.

and we will enforce subpoenas
and I'll be there with you

I am hopeful. She sort of has an axe to grind with her party doesn't she?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

I just saw this. liz cheney disagreed with him and he followed up with this. Lets see. History shows us one side fights with cement gloves, the dems use pillows.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Trump wins.

Quote:
This is all nonsense.

https://mobile.twitter.com/January6thCmte/status/1446542480426602514
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

Trump has a legit chance of outright winning the 2024 election because so many in this country are beyond stupid and have short memories.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/355511/gop-viewed-better-party-security-prosperity.aspx

Quote:
GOP Now Viewed as Better Party for Security, Prosperity

Quote:
Americans by significant margins now view the Republican Party as better than the Democratic Party at protecting the nation from international threats (54% to 39%, respectively) and at ensuring the nation remains prosperous (50% to 41%). The 15-percentage-point GOP advantage on security matters is its largest since 2015, while its nine-point edge on prosperity is its largest since 2014. Last year, the GOP had a narrow advantage on international matters while the parties were essentially tied on economic matters.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject:

Authoritarianism sells with white AmeriKKKa.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Trump wins.

Quote:
This is all nonsense.

https://mobile.twitter.com/January6thCmte/status/1446542480426602514

the tweet from the commission is nice but please show me where they have been able to hand anyone a punishment? we all know trump and the tards were behind 1/6. nothing so far and if this leaks in end of 2022 gop could take back control and this goes bye bye.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Trump has a legit chance of outright winning the 2024 election because so many in this country are beyond stupid and have short memories.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/355511/gop-viewed-better-party-security-prosperity.aspx

Quote:
GOP Now Viewed as Better Party for Security, Prosperity

Quote:
Americans by significant margins now view the Republican Party as better than the Democratic Party at protecting the nation from international threats (54% to 39%, respectively) and at ensuring the nation remains prosperous (50% to 41%). The 15-percentage-point GOP advantage on security matters is its largest since 2015, while its nine-point edge on prosperity is its largest since 2014. Last year, the GOP had a narrow advantage on international matters while the parties were essentially tied on economic matters.

That prosperous stat is all because of Manchin and Sinema.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

They are barely holding the citizens who participated in 1/6 accountable with anything more than a slap on the wrist. It’s a foolish notion to think anyone even remotely or formerly in power will be punished in any meaningful way.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

I just saw this. liz cheney disagreed with him and he followed up with this. Lets see. History shows us one side fights with cement gloves, the dems use pillows.

You just keep spinning in circles there…
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject:

30-40 percent of the Country is ok with Authoritarianism as long as its THEIR side in charge. Their only goal and interest here is to see and watch liberals suffer and lose. They have been brain washed for over a decade by right wing media to see the other political side as the greatest enemy and threat in their lives. A greater threat than even a foreign adversary. And the right takes advantage of these people to hold onto power and expand it. These politicians don't even try anymore. They flat out lie and bs without any hesitation, because they know their voters don't care as long as liberals are mad. And they know the Dems are too spineless or in it too to do anything about it.

I had a tiny bit of hope after the 2020 elections and the January 6th insurrection that the Dem politicians would see what they were up against and stop trying to handle things like years past. But I shouldn't have. They put Biden as their damn nominee. Of course they would be status quo and too scared to do anything. None of these people will get any kind of serious charges like treason or sedition. And nobody in Trump's circle will suffer at all. Dem politicians are spineless and short sighted. The game is about to be over come 2022.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

You just keep spinning in circles there…

Huh? i posted a tweet, it was replied to.
History, mostly recent, shows one side, the GOP fight with cement gloves or cheat, Dems use pillows. How is that spinning?

The dems are infighting, the GOP have the same messaging, and the ones that maybe arent on board with trump keep quiet which gives the impression of unity.

Name one trumptard who has been held accountable for everything we know they've done?
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Texas abortion law back after the fastest appeals court decision in history. Gotta stop them dern sinnin promiscuous womens!!!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Guys. The actual contempt of Congress is just happening now. So of course they haven’t been punished for it yet (this isn’t minority report). If in the next couple of weeks the committee doesn’t get the testimony or move on contempt, then it might be time to grouse. Right now, OJ is still in the Bronco.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Guys. The actual contempt of Congress is just happening now. So of course they haven’t been punished for it yet (this isn’t minority report). If in the next couple of weeks the committee doesn’t get the testimony or move on contempt, then it might be time to grouse. Right now, OJ is still in the Bronco.

If we are going to reduce this to an OJ analogy, you are off base. We are way past the Bronco, we are on the timeline where Darden asks OJ to try on the glove and it backfired.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

If we are going to reduce this to an OJ analogy, you are off base. We are way past the Bronco, we are on the timeline where Darden asks OJ to try on the glove and it backfired.

Not in the case of contempt for the people we are discussing.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:59 am    Post subject:

I'm afraid Merrick Garland is Robert Mueller part two. They are old white guy conservative institutionalists who don't seem wired to be able to think outside the old norms. They are afraid of "breaking" tradition. But the house has burned half-way down to the ground and they are trying to preserve the plumbing fixtures instead of putting out the fire.

I just don't get how they can't see the extreme emergency of the situation. It's completely obvious that Trump and Republicans will do everything in their power, legal and illegal, to steal the 2024 election and put an end to functional democracy. They aren't even hiding it. It's right there in the open.

But we have another old white guy, Joe Manchin, talking about maintaining the filibuster to preserve Democracy.

It's absolutely (bleep) nuts.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:24 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I'm afraid Merrick Garland is Robert Mueller part two. They are old white guy conservative institutionalists who don't seem wired to be able to think outside the old norms. They are afraid of "breaking" tradition. But the house has burned half-way down to the ground and they are trying to preserve the plumbing fixtures instead of putting out the fire.

I just don't get how they can't see the extreme emergency of the situation. It's completely obvious that Trump and Republicans will do everything in their power, legal and illegal, to steal the 2024 election and put an end to functional democracy. They aren't even hiding it. It's right there in the open.

But we have another old white guy, Joe Manchin, talking about maintaining the filibuster to preserve Democracy.

Mueller didn’t have the power, unfortunately both guys look to the past to guide them rather than look at the uniqueness of the situation and blaze new trails.

Dems are horrible with optics. They don’t get that that’s part of the game. The amount of people who will look at bannon etc as martyrs if perp walking compared to those who would cheer is minuscule.

The legal part will take care of itself they need to start playing to the theatrics by dropping hammers, arrests. There is a reason there are 45 iterations of CSI on tv. That’s what engages a whole block of America. That’s how you get the message out there.

GOP have the luxury of crying foul because nothing is happening. Force them to be reactive. McCarthy is an idiot. Let the world see him prove that.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Joe and Sinema are liars. They just want the power, money, and recognition that comes with being swing votes.

But the voting populace. More specifically the swing voters who cling to both sides-ism and moderate-ness. That voted in this 50-50 Senate. And will probably vote out 1 or both of our majorities in Congress in 2022.

They are blind to the house burning. And thus the fire will continue to rage on for the foreseeable future.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately, too many of us are easily distracted or are content with authoritarianism, and we have the worst electoral/political system in the civilized world.

We are a broken nation.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject:

CSPAN is taking some heat for covering Trump's rally in Des Moines, IA tonight.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3181, 3182, 3183 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 3182 of 3663
Jump to: