THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3219, 3220, 3221 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject:

Sad and amusing

Trump riled people up with nothing but false accusations/projection - worst human

A Liar who Lies about good people.. Just imagine a Muslim version of Trump accusing Everyone else of Blasphemy or Apostasy

Every bad thing this (bleep) did is always revealed by his projections of others
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Every bad thing this (bleep) did is always revealed by his projections of others

That doesn't matter: Dumbmerica loves him, anyway.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

That doesn't matter: Dumbmerica loves him, anyway.

And it has always turned out to harm the people who supported him

How can people gravitate to humans like this?
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:40 am    Post subject:

False prophets have been screwing dumbasses since the beginning of time.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:55 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

False prophets have been screwing dumbasses since the beginning of time.

pyramid schemes.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I knew when Trump started publicly being "pro-vaccine" that his motive was selfish - because he realized it was killing mostly his voters.

Yeah, it's what immediately went to my mind.

So maybe he's already lost 36K advantage or so from swing states already? By the time the election rolls around who knows how many? Better start working on those dead voter schemes.

I've read the articles on the deaths at least a dozen vocal Trumper politicians and rightwing radio hosts who advocated against vaccines. How many of their now-dead followers got "news" or Trump-sanctioned beliefs that they were to immediately adopt from those now-dead politicians/hosts? And those articles have been popping up at least since the vaccines became available and, before that, those fools were still calling the virus an outright hoax. And the last dozen or so are all I can generally remember, the actual number of now-dead politicians/hosts has to be higher than that.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Here's an interesting quote from the NY Time's columnist Bret Stephens:

Biden's performance thus far is sometimes compared to Jimmy Carter's. Maybe a better source of comparison is Bill Clinton, who ran as a centrist, tilted left in his first year, saw his signature legislation blow up in Congress, suffered military humiliation in Somalia - and figured out how to recapture the center and save his presidency".

Now, I don't think it will be as easy as that for Biden if he is able to make that kind of adjustment, because let's face it, there really isn't a "center" in the type of way there was almost 30 years ago, but it is a hint at a strategy moving forward.

Dick Morris had Clinton reorg his staff and only do what polls indicated were popular for awhile (the term for the gameplan they used was triangulation, iirc). Clinton started off w/ the newbie mistakes such as allowing coffee-grabbers into meetings even w/ senior admin officials and also allowing them to offer suggestions. They all pissed the media off by moving their WH office and I believe it was before "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", which they made sure to make the first kerfluff of his Admin when it was something they hadn't prepared for, so he was talking about that instead of fulfilling his campaign promises. He also had to make his first public address to the nation an explanation on why they couldn't fulfill his campaign promises that were impossible because the extent of the economy under GHWB was worse than they were told. Greenspan threatened to raise short term interest rates if they tried to do some things they promised anyway. A major economic bill was passed by one vote in Congress by a guy who was miffed at having to do it, guy derisively spoke to Clinton thru the camera afterward -- something Joe doesn't even have the luxury of. By the time Morris got thru, George Steph got kicked upstairs, Dee Dee Myers shifted. Both of them were still miffed about that in the definitive PBS doc on the Clinton Admin years after they had all moved on. Steph said he was tossed away like toilet paper. He didn't like that Morris didn't even vote for him and was suddenly holding sway. And he hired Gergen to hopefully appeal to fiscal Rs.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
1) You didn't answer my post.

Because I haven’t had time to do so properly, but will when I do.

Don't bother. There are bigger fish to fry.

Feels like a dumb debate in retrospect. There are much bigger fish to fry.

Also, Biden's 2 hour press conference was amazing yesterday. So happy we have him in the WH as opposed to the orange freak.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mitch McConnell says African Americans voting just as much as 'Americans' in viral video
\
https://www.wlky.com/article/mitch-mcconnell-african-americans-voting-just-as-much-as-americans/38829280

I'll continue to boycott all things originating in Kentucky for the foreseeable future.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:05 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I'm simply asking, given your criticisms, what you believe the Dem leaders should be doing and how those things would be effective.

This is a far jump from where we were when we discussed this a week ago, and you were convinced I was blaming Biden despite explicitly saying I wasn't.

Okay, if that's the question you want answered.

I wouldn't have promised voting rights reform in the first place. We overpromised and underdelivered.

Without the overpromising, actually what we accomplished in the bipartisan infrastructure deal is epic. But when everyone has in their mind Build Back Better as well. Politically, we set ourselves up for disappointing our voters. And I don't blame them for being disappointed.

And TO ME it feels like you are blaming people (not just "progressives" in actuality) for being disappointed and reflecting that in Biden's approval rating. Because you believe they aren't being realistic/pragmatic. Completely ignoring the promises not being kept part of the equation.

You say you aren't blaming Biden, but then go on to criticise the campaign as overpromising and under delivering.

I'm not blaming anyone for anything right now. The reference you make to "progressives" was based on my comments regarding 2016. As for what i going on now, I'm acknowledging the realities we face and looking for a pragmatic solutions. The reality is Biden (or I'll say the Dems, since you seem top bristle at saying you are blaming Biden directly) needed to lay out a plan that expressed some lofty goals, because that's the reality of what he had to address, and what needs to be accomplished. The idea that he/Dems should have diminished the expectations going into the election in order to prevent disappointing voters is a self defeating proposition.

As for people being disappointed, I'm not saying there isn't room for disappointment. But it is important be honest and accurate about the source of that disappointment. For someone to simply blame Biden (sorry, "us" dems) for over promising and under delivering is to completely ignore the factors involved in why certain goals weren't attained. Adding to that, using that disappointment as an excuse to ignore or diminish the productive things that were achieved just compounds that dishonesty.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I'm simply asking, given your criticisms, what you believe the Dem leaders should be doing and how those things would be effective.

This is a far jump from where we were when we discussed this a week ago, and you were convinced I was blaming Biden despite explicitly saying I wasn't.

Okay, if that's the question you want answered.

I wouldn't have promised voting rights reform in the first place. We overpromised and underdelivered.

Without the overpromising, actually what we accomplished in the bipartisan infrastructure deal is epic. But when everyone has in their mind Build Back Better as well. Politically, we set ourselves up for disappointing our voters. And I don't blame them for being disappointed.

And TO ME it feels like you are blaming people (not just "progressives" in actuality) for being disappointed and reflecting that in Biden's approval rating. Because you believe they aren't being realistic/pragmatic. Completely ignoring the promises not being kept part of the equation.

You say you aren't blaming Biden, but then go on to criticise the campaign as overpromising and under delivering.

I'm not blaming anyone for anything right now. The reference you make to "progressives" was based on my comments regarding 2016. As for what i going on now, I'm acknowledging the realities we face and looking for a pragmatic solutions. The reality is Biden (or I'll say the Dems, since you seem top bristle at saying you are blaming Biden directly) needed to lay out a plan that expressed some lofty goals, because that's the reality of what he had to address, and what needs to be accomplished. The idea that he/Dems should have diminished the expectations going into the election in order to prevent disappointing voters is a self defeating proposition.

As for people being disappointed, I'm not saying there isn't room for disappointment. But it is important be honest and accurate about the source of that disappointment. For someone to simply blame Biden (sorry, "us" dems) for over promising and under delivering is to completely ignore the factors involved in why certain goals weren't attained. Adding to that, using that disappointment as an excuse to ignore or diminish the productive things that were achieved just compounds that dishonesty.

I agree.

Outside of the 1st sentence. Because over-promising and under-delivering is bigger than Biden's campaign. We see it from Democrats on capital hill even today. Which is bizarre.
Maybe Manchin and Sinema tell their D colleagues one thing in private (tricking them into making unrealistic promises publicly) and tell the rest of us the truth?
But considering what was in the Manchin-Schumer memo last July (6 months ago). I lean towards Democratic leadership being unrealistic with their promises/unrealistic about their ability to move Manchin and Sinema/lying to the voters about what will get done.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject:

lol Jon Voight lost it

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1484528973946269700?s=20
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:30 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
lol Jon Voight lost it

His daughter, Angelina Jolie, probably doesn't agree with him. They had quite a fractious relationship. It's been printed they get now along but don't talk politics.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Forbes: Billionaire Mark Cuban Opens Online Pharmacy To Provide Affordable Generic Drugs

Quote:
Billionaire investor Mark Cuban launched an online pharmacy Thursday that offers more than 100 generic drugs at an affordable price with a goal of being “radically transparent” in its price negotiations with drug companies.

Quote:
The Mark Cuban Cost Plus Drugs Company (MCCPDC) is a registered pharmaceutical wholesaler and purchases drugs directly from manufacturers, bypassing middlemen to lower the price of more than 100 medications, it said in a statement.

For example, the leukemia drug imatinib is priced at $47 a month on MCCPDC compared to the $9,657 retail price.

Quote:
The online pharmacy’s prices for generics factor in a 15% margin on top of actual manufacturer prices and a $3 pharmacist fee, the statement said.

The markup on generics average “at least” 100%, the MCCPDC said, while the Wall Street Journal reports in some cases it exceeds 1,000%.

The company doesn’t process insurance claims and requires customers to pay for their medications out of pocket, noting its drugs cost less than most insurance plans’ deductible and copay requirements.

link to website
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
lol Jon Voight lost it

It's fun how they co-opt the Founders and conveniently toss away all that anti-kings, no taxation w/o representation, separation of church and state hooey. Makes the Founders a lot more easy to represent. It's also easier to pretend that today's Repubs aren't the old Southern Dems. And it's easier to be patriots under the new definition of patriot meaning rioters, thugs, looters, murderers, vandals, fecal vandals. I could go on. And also, most people don't even know Lincoln was a Republican... DT is an educator above all else.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:08 pm    Post subject:

The Ukraine/Russia showdown may be close to starting.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
The Ukraine/Russia showdown may be close to starting.
JFK anyone?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Jordan Klepper is amazing.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

And that's underselling him . . . best "Man on the Street" interviewer ever.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:55 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Forbes: Billionaire Mark Cuban Opens Online Pharmacy To Provide Affordable Generic Drugs

Quote:
Billionaire investor Mark Cuban launched an online pharmacy Thursday that offers more than 100 generic drugs at an affordable price with a goal of being “radically transparent” in its price negotiations with drug companies.

Quote:
The Mark Cuban Cost Plus Drugs Company (MCCPDC) is a registered pharmaceutical wholesaler and purchases drugs directly from manufacturers, bypassing middlemen to lower the price of more than 100 medications, it said in a statement.

For example, the leukemia drug imatinib is priced at $47 a month on MCCPDC compared to the $9,657 retail price.

Quote:
The online pharmacy’s prices for generics factor in a 15% margin on top of actual manufacturer prices and a $3 pharmacist fee, the statement said.

The markup on generics average “at least” 100%, the MCCPDC said, while the Wall Street Journal reports in some cases it exceeds 1,000%.

The company doesn’t process insurance claims and requires customers to pay for their medications out of pocket, noting its drugs cost less than most insurance plans’ deductible and copay requirements.

link to website

This could be a game changer. The price of course but this will (if people don't already know) expose the price fixing between pharmaceutical and insurance company (congress is banned from negotiating). I'm waiting to see the campaign from pharmaceutical to kill this endeavor
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Why arent his interviews an ad for dems. Sometimes people don't know how stupid they sound until they see it. Its almost like hearing your own voice on a message. "do I really sound like that".
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Why arent his interviews an ad for dems. Sometimes people don't know how stupid they sound until they see it. Its almost like hearing your own voice on a message. "do I really sound like that".

Yeah…
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject:

Now all we need is for Mr. Likes Beer to have a skiing accident.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:13 am    Post subject:

Politics is depressing. It's frustrating listening to and watching lying politicians continue to do so, get away with it, and have so many believe their lies.

I'm wearing my representatives out with phone calls and emails. Other than my vote (which is under attack) that's the best tool I have at my disposal.

2024 is the most important year for the democratic way I've ever witnessed.

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Breyer is retiring.

Biden should nominate someone YOUNG and HEALTHY.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3219, 3220, 3221 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 3220 of 3663
Jump to: