THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3434, 3435, 3436 ... 3464, 3465, 3466  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 21295

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:


Both groups should be shunned. Fortunately there are more of us even with gerrymandering, voter suppression and cheating. If Gen Z continues to grow and participate -- that's the way out of this fascist nightmare that would be imposed on us all.


Jesse Waters said Gen Z is totally brainwashed by the left. Couple days later, he has Herschel on live and Waters' expression is oozing with 1930s-1950s caricatures of black folk from television and the silver screen. He manages to hold his smirk throughout the bit w/o showing teeth, but it's written all over his face how comical he really thinks Herschel is. Meanwhile, Herschel performs in a way befitting the late George Wallace's ideal of what a politically-minded Southern black constituent should've been (if they knew better, that is).
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 90130
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:
Huge age gap shows up in AARP poll of Warnock-Walker runoff

A poll released on Tuesday by AARP, an interest group for those aged 50 and older, found a significant age gap in voters’ preferences in the Georgia Senate runoff election between incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock (D) and former NFL player Herschel Walker (R).

Warnock leads Walker by 24 percentage points among voters aged 18-49, while Walker leads by 9 points among voters aged 50 or older, according to the poll from AARP Georgia. The two groups differ in their preferences by a total of 33 points.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3746400-huge-age-gap-shows-up-in-aarp-poll-of-warnock-walker-runoff/


That's gotta be a microcosm of the effects that Delta had as the "Boomer remover". I'd like to hear Linda, Mule, Omar, and the next 7 most political LG members vote yes/no on this question: If Covid never happened, would the Dems have done as well as they did in these midterms? I'd wager 9 outta 10 "no"s just to be safe, but it'd probably be 10/10. They'd be basing that on the history of midterms they remember from their lifetimes, not on how much they think the Dems SHOULD succeed on merit/trustworthiness/integrity/etc.


That’s a bit of a trick question, because I’m not sure the dems do as well as they did in 2020 without Covid, and they wouldn’t be in power for these mid terms. But in a vacuum after 2020, Covid actually hurt the Dems (covid fatigue and all the issues that covid drove made Biden in particular unpopular) more than helping them overall.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 90130
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject:

GOP literally just had to talk about inflation and supply chain and covid fatigue and they walk the dems. But instead, they went with “hey, what could we do that will turn out kids, older dems, and independent and even republican women against us?”
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 16123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
GOP literally just had to talk about inflation and supply chain and covid fatigue and they walk the dems. But instead, they went with “hey, what could we do that will turn out kids, older dems, and independent and even republican women against us?”


It's like the old "if Hitler hadn't invaded Poland & Russia, he'd have been fine" trope - Hitler wouldn't have been Hitler if he didn't invade the people he viewed as ethnically and genetically inferior to him.

Ditto Republicans - had they left Roe alone, the Dems would've gotten slaughtered . . . but the GOP doubled down with their rhetoric about a national ban on abortion AND openly flirted with altering Social Security, too boot.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 90130
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
GOP literally just had to talk about inflation and supply chain and covid fatigue and they walk the dems. But instead, they went with “hey, what could we do that will turn out kids, older dems, and independent and even republican women against us?”


It's like the old "if Hitler hadn't invaded Poland & Russia, he'd have been fine" trope - Hitler wouldn't have been Hitler if he didn't invade the people he viewed as ethnically and genetically inferior to him.

Ditto Republicans - had they left Roe alone, the Dems would've gotten slaughtered . . . but the GOP doubled down with their rhetoric about a national ban on abortion AND openly flirted with altering Social Security, too boot.


Well in both cases there was a lot of good sound information not to do the thing, but hubris and insanity won out. Btw, hitler didn’t initially plan on invading Russia. It was standing at napoleon’s tomb and deciding he was going to do what napoleon couldn’t. He got greedy and lost in his narcissism (which yes, ultimately was him, but still).
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 16123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
GOP literally just had to talk about inflation and supply chain and covid fatigue and they walk the dems. But instead, they went with “hey, what could we do that will turn out kids, older dems, and independent and even republican women against us?”


It's like the old "if Hitler hadn't invaded Poland & Russia, he'd have been fine" trope - Hitler wouldn't have been Hitler if he didn't invade the people he viewed as ethnically and genetically inferior to him.

Ditto Republicans - had they left Roe alone, the Dems would've gotten slaughtered . . . but the GOP doubled down with their rhetoric about a national ban on abortion AND openly flirted with altering Social Security, too boot.


Well in both cases there was a lot of good sound information not to do the thing, but hubris and insanity won out. Btw, hitler didn’t initially plan on invading Russia. It was standing at napoleon’s tomb and deciding he was going to do what napoleon couldn’t. He got greedy and lost in his narcissism (which yes, ultimately was him, but still).


Remind you of anyone in extremely modern history???
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 51200
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:02 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:
Huge age gap shows up in AARP poll of Warnock-Walker runoff

A poll released on Tuesday by AARP, an interest group for those aged 50 and older, found a significant age gap in voters’ preferences in the Georgia Senate runoff election between incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock (D) and former NFL player Herschel Walker (R).

Warnock leads Walker by 24 percentage points among voters aged 18-49, while Walker leads by 9 points among voters aged 50 or older, according to the poll from AARP Georgia. The two groups differ in their preferences by a total of 33 points.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3746400-huge-age-gap-shows-up-in-aarp-poll-of-warnock-walker-runoff/


That's gotta be a microcosm of the effects that Delta had as the "Boomer remover". I'd like to hear Linda, Mule, Omar, and the next 7 most political LG members vote yes/no on this question: If Covid never happened, would the Dems have done as well as they did in these midterms? I'd wager 9 outta 10 "no"s just to be safe, but it'd probably be 10/10. They'd be basing that on the history of midterms they remember from their lifetimes, not on how much they think the Dems SHOULD succeed on merit/trustworthiness/integrity/etc.


This midterm wasn’t really impacted either way by COVID’s occurrence. The major factor this time around wad the GOP going all in on full blown authoritarianism. The attack on Roe and other rights was what determined this election by encouraging a huge youth wave and moderates (especially women) to show up and vote Dem. That would have happened undef the circumstances, COVID of no COVID, and the die-off of GOPers would d we’doikd have voted had they been alive wouldn’t have offset it.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 11 Aug 2002
Posts: 11218

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:21 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Quote:
Huge age gap shows up in AARP poll of Warnock-Walker runoff

A poll released on Tuesday by AARP, an interest group for those aged 50 and older, found a significant age gap in voters’ preferences in the Georgia Senate runoff election between incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock (D) and former NFL player Herschel Walker (R).

Warnock leads Walker by 24 percentage points among voters aged 18-49, while Walker leads by 9 points among voters aged 50 or older, according to the poll from AARP Georgia. The two groups differ in their preferences by a total of 33 points.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3746400-huge-age-gap-shows-up-in-aarp-poll-of-warnock-walker-runoff/


That's gotta be a microcosm of the effects that Delta had as the "Boomer remover". I'd like to hear Linda, Mule, Omar, and the next 7 most political LG members vote yes/no on this question: If Covid never happened, would the Dems have done as well as they did in these midterms? I'd wager 9 outta 10 "no"s just to be safe, but it'd probably be 10/10. They'd be basing that on the history of midterms they remember from their lifetimes, not on how much they think the Dems SHOULD succeed on merit/trustworthiness/integrity/etc.


There are so many directly-connected, obliquely-connected and independent factors that would all stack up in different ways that it's impossible to roll up into any holistic measure. We could pick our own favorite narrative and use that to spin a certain result, but the most honest assessment I can provide is to shrug my shoulders. We eliminate a few factors if we ask about the 2020 election, and it's probably tipping toward the GOP in that election if not for COVID. But then we introduce a new major premise into the original question about 2022 -- in this scenario, the GOP now owns the presidency.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 23384
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:58 am    Post subject:

If COVID never happened but Trump still appointed right-wing court, then we still have SCOTUS repealing Roe, threatening to roll back LGBTQ rights, and rolling back environmental protections; then Gen Z/women/LGBTQ still become activated and highly motivated to vote to preserve what for them are life & death rights.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 33238
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:41 am    Post subject:

I think there are some interesting questions to be ask re: the effect of the pandemic:

1. Did the extreme views resulting in vaccine/covid denialism provide a green light for the right to go extreme in other ways that they would not have gone but for seeing how well extreme rhetoric played with the base on this first "test" topic?

2. How did the isolationism caused by covid effect those on the left/right? Did it make both sides go more extreme? Did it create a frustrated electorate on both sides, making both sides that more energized to vote and take some control? Would we be seeing these numbers of people voting had COVID never occurred (and, if not, who do these numbers favor between the parties)?

3. Given that a much larger number of people on the right than the left across this country have died of COVID (many simply by virtue of being older and, thus, more likely a conservative donor), did those deaths have any real impact on the number of votes GOP candidates could rely on post-covid?

4. In those purple states which allowed drop box and mail in voting, to what extent did that favor Dems in those states where GOP voters did not want to use those options (i.e. contributing to voter fraud) while also not wanting to vote in person (circa 2020) for fear of catching covid?

Personally, I tend to believe that the right's reaction/response to COVID played into the Dems hands and, in whole, the Dems have benefited from the pandemic politically more than the GOP has. In a lot of ways, the COVID issue was the gateway to how extreme the right now is on everything.
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 13115

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject:

Trump was about 40,000 votes short of victory in 2020. Without COVID, I'm now convinced he would have won the Electoral College. He might still have lost the popular vote, but he would have won the election. And even with COVID, I think he would have beaten all other Democratic candidates. As soon as Biden emerged as the presumptive nominee, Trump knew he would lose and that's when the Big Lie really began.
_________________
¡Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 7306
Location: 921SD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:57 am    Post subject:

BBC News
https://youtu.be/cnG-BI98-_0
(Why US conservative Christians fear their way of life is under threat - BBC News)

Quote:
A new battle of faith is being driven by some pastors and politicians in the United States.

Their central message is that the country's conservative Christian way of life is under threat, and American society is moving in the wrong direction.

The BBC’s Barbara Plett Usher explores the impact of this growing movement on US politics.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 51200
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Trump was about 40,000 votes short of victory in 2020. Without COVID, I'm now convinced he would have won the Electoral College. He might still have lost the popular vote, but he would have won the election. And even with COVID, I think he would have beaten all other Democratic candidates. As soon as Biden emerged as the presumptive nominee, Trump knew he would lose and that's when the Big Lie really began.


What we know for sure is that what happened, happened, and Trump lost. We can go round and round speculating at to how and why, but here we are and we are better off for it. And yet, we still have a mountain to climb before things even get close to returning to “normal”, whatever that may be after the all of the destruction the GOP has inflicted upon the nation.

Between Trump winning in 2016, the rise of White Nationalism that was emboldened because of that, the Pandemic that massively retooled how we function as a society and the collapse of everything we thought we knew about Democracy in the United States since, this country will never be the same because the mindset of the populace has been irrevocably and drastically altered; some for better and some for worse.

We can’t change the past, and any “what ifs” are moot. Hopefully we can learn from the massive, 8 year slap in the face we just got and move forward progressively forward, because the huge regression we are facing is brutal and crippling, and possibly permanent, at least in all of our lifetimes.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 62267
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject:

That's one head of the snake but not the head snake, Donald J Trump. Serious time would go a long way in quelling other operations like Jan 6. Another slap on the wrist IMO would be disastrous.

POLITICS
Oath Keepers founder found guilty of seditious conspiracy in Jan. 6 case

PUBLISHED TUE, NOV 29 20225:25 PM ESTUPDATED 17 MIN AGO

LINK

Quote:
WASHINGTON — A federal jury in Washington found Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes guilty of seditious conspiracy in connection with the
Quote:
Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.


WASHINGTON — A federal jury in Washington found Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes guilty of seditious conspiracy in connection with the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Last edited by jodeke on Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 16584
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ex-colleague asks John Cornyn what specifically he has better things to do than condemn Nazis

After Donald Trump held a meeting with white supremacists and neo-Nazis at Mar-a-Lago, Republicans are being asked whether or not they stand with the only 2024 presidential candidate to announce. The GOP leaders have lashed out at reporters asking them about it, presumably because they don't want to be put into the position that they have to emphatically denounce some of their own base.

Speaking to MSNBC's Chris Hayes about Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), former colleague Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) flattened the Texas leader's excuse for refusing to denounce white supremacists and Nazis.

"I'll tell ya what makes me giggle is that Mike Pence said that Trump should apologize. Has he met Donald Trump?" McCaskill cracked up. "I mean, clearly, he doesn't know the man. Apology is not in his lexicon. This is not something Donald Trump would ever do. He would never admit it was wrong. He would never apologize. So, I agree with Mike Pence, which as you said, is usually, blah, blah, blah. One of my favorites today was John Cornyn, saying he had better things to do than condemning the leader of his party for having dinner with someone who call the victims of the Holocaust burnt cookies."

McCaskill was citing a comment by Nick Fuentes, the Trump guest who both denies the Holocaust and also makes fun of victims of it. According to Kanye West, Trump was impressed with Fuentes.

"What does Cornyn have that's better to do than condemning a leader who thinks it's appropriate to dine with white nationalists and antisemites? I can't imagine anything John Cornyn had to do today that was more important than that. So, you know, they're still afraid of the base, of the Republican Party, and even though Trump align candidates are not ready, he still has more than 50 percent of the Republican base following his corner, and these other Republicans very afraid of those folks."

https://www.rawstory.com/john-cornyn-nick-fuentes-kanye/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 16584
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
McCarthy: Democrats could pick Speaker if Republicans ‘play games’ on House floor

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) warned his skeptics in the House Republican Conference against opposing him for Speaker on the House floor.

“We have to speak as one voice. We will only be successful if we work together, or we’ll lose individually. This is very fragile — that we are the only stopgap for this Biden administration,” McCarthy said on Newsmax Monday.

“And if we don’t do this right, the Democrats can take the majority. If we play games on the floor, the Democrats can end up picking who the Speaker is,” McCarthy said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3754144-mccarthy-democrats-could-pick-speaker-if-republicans-play-games-on-house-floor/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 16584
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Senate Passes Bill Codifying Same-Sex Marriage Protections

The Senate on Tuesday passed a bill to codify protections for same-sex and interracial marriages, a historic vote aimed at protecting people’s civil rights in the event that the conservative-led Supreme Court decides to dismantle marriage equality on the heels of gutting abortion rights.

The Respect for Marriage Act passed, 61 to 36. Every Democrat present voted for it, and they needed at least 10 Republicans to vote with them. They got 12.

Those GOP senators, some of whom have not previously advocated for LGBTQ rights, were Susan Collins (Maine), Thom Tillis (N.C.), Rob Portman (Ohio), Roy Blunt (Mo.), Cynthia Lummis (Wyo.), Richard Burr (N.C.), Shelley Moore Capito (W.Va.), Dan Sullivan (Alaska), Mitt Romney (Utah), Joni Ernst (Iowa), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) and Todd Young (Ind.).

Collins, Portman and Tillis were co-sponsors of the bill, along with Democratic Sens. Tammy Baldwin (Wis.) and Kyrsten Sinema (Ariz.). In order to expedite the bill, they agreed to raise the threshold for passing it from 51 to 60 votes, and allowed votes on a handful of amendments from conservatives. None passed.

The measure now heads to the House and, assuming it passes, to President Joe Biden to be signed into law. House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) told reporters Tuesday that the House plans to take up and pass the bill as soon as next Tuesday.

The bill does two things: It repeals the Defense of Marriage Act, the 1996 federal law that banned same-sex marriage, and it requires states to recognize valid same-sex marriages from other states. It also ensures the same protections for interracial marriages.

[...]

During Tuesday’s debate, Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) became emotional as he talked about marriage equality being deeply personal for a lot of people, including him. He said he was wearing the same tie that he wore to his daughter’s wedding to her wife, “one of the happiest moments of my life,” and remembered how worried she was about her rights being taken away after Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg died in 2020.

“Two years after my daughter and her wife questioned if their marriage could be undone, they are now expecting a baby next spring,” Schumer said, choking up. “I want them to raise their child with all the love and security that every child deserves. The bill we are passing today will ensure their rights won’t be trampled upon simply because they are in a same-sex marriage”

“After this bill passes, they will be the very first people I call,” he said.

The most powerful speech in support of the bill, though, was from an unexpected supporter: Sen. Cynthia Lummis (R-Wyo.), who is otherwise socially conservative. She emphasized that the bill was carefully crafted to protect people’s same-sex marriages and religious freedom, and said America is due for some compassion and acceptance of other people’s differences.

“These are turbulent times for our nation,” said the Wyoming Republican. “Americans address each other in more crude and cruel terms than ever in my lifetime. It is jarring and unbecoming of us as human beings. It is highly intolerant and frequently the most so when expressed by those who advocate for tolerance. Many of us ask ourselves, our nation is so divided, when will this end? And how will it end?”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/senate-same-sex-marriage-bill_n_63862efce4b0e4c775974d6b
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 7306
Location: 921SD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC
https://youtu.be/Rvd4A7oL6Y8
(The Hypocrisy Of The GOP’s Obsession With ‘Groomers’ | The Mehdi Hasan Show)

Quote:
The GOP The GOP has found a new buzzword for its attacks on the left: “groomers.” But when it comes to weeding out or disowning convicted child sex offenders, their record is far from spotless. Time for a hypocrisy check!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 16584
Location: In a no-ship

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
MSNBC
https://youtu.be/Rvd4A7oL6Y8
(The Hypocrisy Of The GOP’s Obsession With ‘Groomers’ | The Mehdi Hasan Show)

Quote:
The GOP The GOP has found a new buzzword for its attacks on the left: “groomers.” But when it comes to weeding out or disowning convicted child sex offenders, their record is far from spotless. Time for a hypocrisy check!


They're actively getting people killed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 16123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
MSNBC
https://youtu.be/Rvd4A7oL6Y8
(The Hypocrisy Of The GOP’s Obsession With ‘Groomers’ | The Mehdi Hasan Show)

Quote:
The GOP The GOP has found a new buzzword for its attacks on the left: “groomers.” But when it comes to weeding out or disowning convicted child sex offenders, their record is far from spotless. Time for a hypocrisy check!


They're actively getting people killed.


More to the point, they coddle & protect pedophiles in their party.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1817

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
NBC News
@NBCNews

Official BREAKING: Six years of former President Trump’s tax returns are now in the hands of House Democrats after a multiyear court battle.


https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1598061378383872000?cxt=HHwWgIC8veqWuq0sAAAA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 51200
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Quote:
NBC News
@NBCNews

Official BREAKING: Six years of former President Trump’s tax returns are now in the hands of House Democrats after a multiyear court battle.


https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1598061378383872000?cxt=HHwWgIC8veqWuq0sAAAA


So . . . maybe they'll go the Al Capone route since no one seems to want to go after him on any meaningful crimes . . .
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 23384
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Quote:
NBC News
@NBCNews

Official BREAKING: Six years of former President Trump’s tax returns are now in the hands of House Democrats after a multiyear court battle.


https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1598061378383872000?cxt=HHwWgIC8veqWuq0sAAAA


So . . . maybe they'll go the Al Capone route since no one seems to want to go after him on any meaningful crimes . . .


They'll only have them for essentially a couple of weeks (due to holidays) until the R's take over. So I'm thinking nothing will happen...

Maybe they'll slip copies over to the Senate...

Still not holding my breath.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 23384
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Prince William & Kate landed in Boston this afternoon for a 3-day visit and to attend a global climate event. While they are here they are visiting a cutting edge tech company exploring green energy here in my community of Somerville. But as it happens the company is right next door to the market I shop at every day for clients. So to avoid the street closures and VIP hoopla I have to get to the store when it opens 6:30 am before it's a circus.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 39538
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:11 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Quote:
NBC News
@NBCNews

Official BREAKING: Six years of former President Trump’s tax returns are now in the hands of House Democrats after a multiyear court battle.


https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1598061378383872000?cxt=HHwWgIC8veqWuq0sAAAA


So . . . maybe they'll go the Al Capone route since no one seems to want to go after him on any meaningful crimes . . .


They'll only have them for essentially a couple of weeks (due to holidays) until the R's take over. So I'm thinking nothing will happen...

Maybe they'll slip copies over to the Senate...

Still not holding my breath.


Yeah, I think he may have stalled long enough before they got to them. But these will likely make their way somewhere to be poured over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3434, 3435, 3436 ... 3464, 3465, 3466  Next
Page 3435 of 3466
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB