THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3435, 3436, 3437 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:40 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Quote:
NBC News
@NBCNews

Official BREAKING: Six years of former President Trump’s tax returns are now in the hands of House Democrats after a multiyear court battle.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1598061378383872000?cxt=HHwWgIC8veqWuq0sAAAA

So . . . maybe they'll go the Al Capone route since no one seems to want to go after him on any meaningful crimes . . .

They'll only have them for essentially a couple of weeks (due to holidays) until the R's take over. So I'm thinking nothing will happen...

Maybe they'll slip copies over to the Senate...

Still not holding my breath.

Yeah, I think he may have stalled long enough before they got to them. But these will likely make their way somewhere to be poured over.

I wish someone would accidentally on purpose leak them to Susanne Craig at the NYT. She's been investigating his finances for years and is an expert (and won a Pulitzer for it).
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:21 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Joy Reid: Creeping White Nationalism Has Infected The GOP)

Quote:
The Department of Homeland Security raised concerns about potential threats to the LGBTQ, Jewish, and migrant communities from violent extremists inside the United States, saying Americans motivated by violent ideologies pose a “persistent and lethal threat." The creeping white nationalism that has infected the Republican Party has invited hate and fear of fellow Americans to spread Joy Reid's guests explain.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(How Federal Employees Prevented Trump Era From Being ‘Much Worse’)

Quote:
In his new book, “American Resistance: The Inside Story of How the Deep State Saved the Nation,” David Rothkopf details the efforts by “patriotic” federal employees to block Trump’s worst impulses and policies. He tells MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell it’s important to study how the guardrails of democracy held as Trump works to replace them with more “loyalists” in a future administration.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:41 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Quote:
NBC News
@NBCNews

Official BREAKING: Six years of former President Trump’s tax returns are now in the hands of House Democrats after a multiyear court battle.

So . . . maybe they'll go the Al Capone route since no one seems to want to go after him on any meaningful crimes . . .

They'll only have them for essentially a couple of weeks (due to holidays) until the R's take over. So I'm thinking nothing will happen...

Yeah, I think he may have stalled long enough before they got to them. But these will likely make their way somewhere to be poured over.

I wish someone would accidentally on purpose leak them to Susanne Craig at the NYT. She's been investigating his finances for years and is an expert (and won a Pulitzer for it).

How about to the DOJ?
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:42 pm    Post subject:

CNN

(Meet Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, Nancy Pelosi's successor as House Democratic leader)

Quote:
CNN's Eva McKend recaps the background of New York Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, who was elected by House Democrats to replace Rep. Nancy Pelosi as their leader.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:49 pm    Post subject:

The Majority Report w/ Sam Seder

(Arizona Becomes Ground Zero For Right-Wing Nut Jobs)

Quote:
Charlie Kirk and Kari Lake discuss the election results in Arizona, and how some Arizona Counties have missed the deadline to certify their results due to their allegations of foul play in the state's elections. Arizona Governor-elect and current Secretary of State Katie Hobbs now is threatening legal and criminal action against the Boards Of Supervisors who have missed the certification deadline, which Kirk and Lake see as an abuse of her powers. Lake wishes someone on one of the Boards of Supervisors would refuse to certify the results for Hobbs and in favor of Lake, and go to jail on principle.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:32 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Quote:
NBC News
@NBCNews

How about to the DOJ?

There's a process for Congress to investigate then recommend investigation to DOJ. But I don't think there is enough time for that process given it's the holidays and the Republicans are set to take over all the House committees in January. I believe a Senate committee could form around the same issue and formally request records. But again, that would take time and wouldn't happen until the new session. The quickest way for the public to see the records is for them to be leaked to the press. That was my thinking. I'm sure the DOJ will end up with the records eventually one way or the other. The DOJ could request them as part of their own ongoing investigations. For all we know they may already have them. But these things typically don't leak from the DOJ while they do leak when individual congress people and their staffs have access.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:42 am    Post subject:

CNN

(See McCarthy's stark warning to GOP if he isn't voted House Speaker)

Quote:
CNN political analyst Jonathan Martin reacts to House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy warning House Republicans to back his bid for House Speaker and predicts what could happen if he loses.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Joe: House GOP Running Toward The Same Tornado That Keeps Knocking Them Down)

Quote:
Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., on Wednesday warned the January 6 Committee that members of the GOP planned to launch an inquiry into the panel’s work next year when Republicans assume control of the chamber. The Morning Joe panel discusses.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
MSNBC

Quote:
Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., on Wednesday warned the January 6 Committee that members of the GOP planned to launch an inquiry into the panel’s work next year when Republicans assume control of the chamber. The Morning Joe panel discusses.

This will not go well for McCarthy.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
MSNBC

Quote:

It'll go fine. Republicans will eat up whatever they claim to "find". But it will go nowhere and have no repercussions for anyone, Dems or Republicans.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:06 am    Post subject:

What happens in court is more important than what happens in these committees, and so far, things are not going well for the some of the insurrectionist leaders.

Hopefully, more convictions will follow.

EFF Trump.

EFF Magats.

EFF Trump's GOP enablers.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:07 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
MSNBC

Quote:

It'll go fine. Republicans will eat up whatever they claim to "find". But it will go nowhere and have no repercussions for anyone, Dems or Republicans.

a lot of people under oath.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject:

This bums me out
Joel Greenberg, who aided prosecutors investigating Rep. Matt Gaetz, is sentenced to 11 years in prison. Gaetz has not been charged with a crime
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

CNN

(LeBron James calls out reporters for not questioning Jerry Jones photo)

Quote:
LeBron James asked reporters during a press conference why they questioned him about a Kyrie Irving tweet linked to an antisemitic film, but never questioned him on a picture that emerged of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones from 1957 seemingly showing Jones in a group blocking Black students from entering a desegregated school.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:49 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Halflife wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
MSNBC

Quote:

a lot of people under oath.

McCarthy's not on a fact finding mission. He is simply trying to find someway to claim that the Dems acted improperly and maliciously. He may be a buffoon, but he's not going to uncover anything that implicates any Republicans for wrong doings.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
CNN

Quote:
LeBron James asked reporters during a press conference why they questioned him about a Kyrie Irving tweet linked to an antisemitic film, but never questioned him on a picture that emerged of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones from 1957 seemingly showing Jones in a group blocking Black students from entering a desegregated school.

I get his point, and I don't disagree with the intent, but that was a bogus move on LBJ's part. So NBA journalists didn't ask an NBA player about a situation involving an NFL owner. No real hypocrisy there. And Irving openly touting an anti-semitic film and doubling down on it is very different thanJones simply being in the background of a photo showing a racially charged incident 65 years ago.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Rail workers won’t get paid sick days because of Republicans in the Senate.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:34 pm    Post subject:

The Majority Report w/ Sam Seder

(GOP’s Fake Populism EXPOSED By Fight For Rail Worker Sick Leave)
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
CNN

Quote:

I get his point, and I don't disagree with the intent, but that was a bogus move on LBJ's part. So NBA journalists didn't ask an NBA player about a situation involving an NFL owner. No real hypocrisy there. And Irving openly touting an anti-semitic film and doubling down on it is very different thanJones simply being in the background of a photo showing a racially charged incident 65 years ago.

I agree with you however just like brett Favre (totally different) it feels like its just swept away. Kyrie was hounded until he apologized. Neither of the other guys had to do that. Yes 65 years ago is another time. I have a 12yr old and would hate it if he did/said something that haunted him past 18. I read the article and am aware of JJ's support for trump (2016) and I know how he felt about players kneeling. We know the NFL is still a good ol boys network, we don't have to look further than the team in his division. It didn't offend me but I am not black. JJ throws the roony rule out so why not put him on the spot. If for no other reason than to put him on the record.

Back to my 12yr. He knows right from wrong especially when it comes to equality.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
CNN

Quote:

I agree with you however just like brett Favre (totally different) it feels like its just swept away. Kyrie was hounded until he apologized. Neither of the other guys had to do that. Yes 65 years ago is another time. I have a 12yr old and would hate it if he did/said something that haunted him past 18. I read the article and am aware of JJ's support for trump (2016) and I know how he felt about players kneeling. We know the NFL is still a good ol boys network, we don't have to look further than the team in his division. It didn't offend me but I am not black. JJ throws the roony rule out so why not put him on the spot. If for no other reason than to put him on the record.

Back to my 12yr. He knows right from wrong especially when it comes to equality.

They asked him about Colin Kaepernick when Jerry Jones insisted his players stand during the National Anthem. Why not ask him about Jerry Jones seeming to interfere with racial equality? Like he said he has a platform and is using it to voice equal rights. They asked him about Kyrie. Why not ask him about Jerry Jones? It's a double standard. The rich are out of bounds. Time doesn't erase the infraction.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
CNN

Quote:

They asked him about Colin Kaepernick when Jerry Jones insisted his players stand during the National Anthem. Why not ask him about Jerry Jones seeming to interfere with racial equality? Like he said he has a platform and is using it to voice equal rights. They asked him about Kyrie. Why not ask him about Jerry Jones? It's a double standard. The rich are out of bounds. Time doesn't erase the infraction.

LeBron was a pretty well-known Cowboys fan at one time, also.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Appeals court halts special master review of documents seized at Mar-a-Lago in major defeat for Trump
By Tierney Sneed
Updated 8:58 PM EST, Thu December 1, 2022

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
CNN

Quote:

It's not simply a matter of the passage of time. Even if the photo had somehow occurred last week, it's unreasonable for LBJ too equate the two instances. Jones is simply in the background of a photo. While the context of the photo certainly doesn't look good for him. He is not overtly expressing a racist view. He's not holding a sign demonstrating a racist point of view. He's not even openly aggressive like the menacing dude in the center of the photo. Contrast that too Irving, who openly touted an anti-Semitic film, continued to stand by the merits of the film and his choice to advocate for it when challenged about it and then only expressed an "apology" about it when the outcry turned into consequences. The two instances couldn't be more incomparable.

And look, I am in no way defending Jones in this. Nor am I saying that there shouldn't be more made of the Jones situation in the media. And one could certainly assert that there is a degree of a double standard in regards to Jones not being challenged harder. My point is that for LBJ (an NBA player) to call out the NBA media for not directly asking him about an issue involving an NFL owner over two entirely different situations is completely off base. If LBJ had simply expressed displeasure about what he sees as a double standard regarding Jerry Jones completely on his own, that's one thing. But for him to assert that the NBA media is hypocritical about the situation because they didn't ask him about a matter that doesn't pertain to the NBA? That is entirely unfair.

I am glad to hear you have done a fine job of instilling the concept social equity with your son at an early age. That has always been an emphasis in our family, and my wife and I proud to have two adult children who are staunch and engaged advocates for social justice and equality. I wish there were more of us doing the same.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:14 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
CNN

Quote:

LeBron was a pretty well-known Cowboys fan at one time, also.

Yep. And that was the context of him being asked about it, and reasonably so.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3435, 3436, 3437 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next
Page 3436 of 3672
Jump to: