THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3660, 3661, 3662 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:56 pm    Post subject:

We have come to the point in America that there is only One political party
Republicans are not politicians they truly are Internationally Funded Terrorists

Comer should have gone straight to jail for continuing to use a Russian Stooge for his informant..

All these Networks need to realize Republicans are not Americans anymore
No bills passed... unless they took away rights or gave money to billionaires

That POS Trump actually RAISED TAXES on the middle class for this years taxes so people look at Biden like he did it...

I think I must before I die write President Biden and ask him to look into offering Republcans Immunity from whatever they did in the past that allows Trump and Putin to blackmail them. America no longer has a Republican party.. it is a wholly owned subsidiary of Putin and Trump
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Trump is destroying the GOP.

GOP Reps. Ken Buck and Kay Granger announce they won't run for re-election
Quote:
Buck attributed his decision to his party's reliance on former President Donald Trump’s false claim that the 2020 presidential election was stolen.He revealed his decision after Granger, the chairwoman of the powerful House Appropriations Committee, also announced that she will leave Congress.

"I’m joining Kay and probably some others in the near future, but I’ve decided that it is time for me to do some other things," Buck said. "I always have been disappointed with our inability in Congress to deal with major issues, and I’m also disappointed that the Republican Party continues to rely on this lie that the 2020 election was stolen and rely on the Jan. 6 narrative and political prisoners from Jan. 6 and other things."

LINK

Rats deserting a sinking ship

Those seats will just go to some worse MAGA-loving troglodytes.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Now that investigations into Joe and Hunter are finished can Joe say well turnabouts fair play.. Time to check out Kushner, Eric and Dump Jr and Ivanka

Only .05% of Democrats would see it in a bad light... Burn the Trump family into the ground after all they have done to this country..
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
@Wilt or anyone with the answer

Trump said he has the money to pay his bond but wants to use it for his reelection. Can AG James freeze his funds if he has the money?

I wouldn't be surprised if he does and he's just waiting until the last minute to keep grifting his cult followers and hoping the appeals court will permit him to post a lower amount.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:45 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Now that investigations into Joe and Hunter are finished can Joe say well turnabouts fair play.. Time to check out Kushner, Eric and Dump Jr and Ivanka

Only .05% of Democrats would see it in a bad light... Burn the Trump family into the ground after all they have done to this country..

I believe the best path forward is let them be held accountable organically. I think that’s what Biden has done to this point. And that will be the status quo moving forward.

A key talking point for Trump and his cult followers is that when they are held accountable. It is “political targeting”. They can hang themselves up on that cross. But the truth of the matter is. If you run for high enough office. Heck if you are a high enough public figure in general. People will start digging into you. Your past. How you make money. Etc. It’s why a lot of very rich and successful people avoid the limelight.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:53 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
@Wilt or anyone with the answer

Trump said he has the money to pay his bond but wants to use it for his reelection. Can AG James freeze his funds if he has the money?

She only has authorization over Trump Org assets, as overseen by the court appointed monitor. If Trump has "personal" money or "campaign" funds outside of Trump Org, then she can't access it. We'll find out today whether he put the money together or not.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:33 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Trump is destroying the GOP.

GOP Reps. Ken Buck and Kay Granger announce they won't run for re-election
Quote:
Buck attributed his decision to his party's reliance on former President Donald Trump’s false claim that the 2020 presidential election was stolen.He revealed his decision after Granger, the chairwoman of the powerful House Appropriations Committee, also announced that she will leave Congress.

"I’m joining Kay and probably some others in the near future, but I’ve decided that it is time for me to do some other things," Buck said. "I always have been disappointed with our inability in Congress to deal with major issues, and I’m also disappointed that the Republican Party continues to rely on this lie that the 2020 election was stolen and rely on the Jan. 6 narrative and political prisoners from Jan. 6 and other things."

LINK

Rats deserting a sinking ship

Those seats will just go to some worse MAGA-loving troglodytes.

Cave dwellers is a great description of the MAGA cult. 👍🏾👍🏾

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:36 am    Post subject:

The New York appeals court lowered Trump's Bond to $175 million. He now gets an additional 10 days to come up with it.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:42 am    Post subject:

This mofo always gets the benefit of the doubt when he deserves NONE.

Quote:
Adam Klasfeld @KlasfeldReports

A New York appellate court partially GRANTS a stay of Trump's civil fraud judgment, if the former president posts $175 million.

Doc https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=M5s4ZTPZwujdVv7x0_PLUS_ENFA==
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:45 am    Post subject:

Famous law professor:

Quote:
Laurence Tribe 🇺🇦 ⚖️ @tribelaw

The NY appellate court’s unexplained reduction from $454M to $175M in the bond Trump must post in 10 days to secure the judgment pending appeal is a travesty of justice. Let’s hope public disgust with this preferential treatment will come back to bite Trump politically.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:50 am    Post subject:

The courts are handcuffing Letitia James and giving Trump much of what he wants. He's not only trashing our constitution and dismantling democracy he's making our court system look like court jesters.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:55 am    Post subject:

At the same time, Trump is in another NY court today for the Stormy Daniels hush money/campaign finance fraud case.

Quote:
Adam Parkhomenko @AdamParkhomenko

Trump arrives at court: "This is a witch hunt. This is a hoax."

Reminder: this is the same crime his attorney/fixer, Michael Cohen, was convicted of and went to jail for. Trump was the "unindicted co-conspirator" who didn't get prosecuted at the time because he was in office, then Bill Barr killed the investigation altogether. Then it only got picked up again after the election. Cohen got out of jail early because of the pandemic.

Update:

Quote:
The Shallow State @OurShallowState

** JUST IN ** Trump's effort to delay the NY Criminal Trial has FAILED and Trump will be criminally tried. Judge Merchan has ordered the criminal trial for election interference/hush money to begin - with jury selection - on April 15.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:03 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
The New York appeals court lowered Trump's Bond to $175 million. He now gets an additional 10 days to come up with it.

now he has time for Truth to go public. Dude is teflon.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:09 am    Post subject:

This statement doesn't even sound like he has $175M cash.

Quote:
Acyn @Acyn

Trump: New York State is being battered by his decision so I greatly respect the decision of the appellate division and I'll post either $175 million in cash or bonds or security or whatever is necessary very quickly within the ten days.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:23 am    Post subject:

On the bright side, this has filled people with genuine rage and has given extra motivation to beat him at the ballot box so that he doesn't escape justice permanently.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:28 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
On the bright side, this has filled people with genuine rage and has given extra motivation to beat him at the ballot box so that he doesn't escape justice permanently.

What was the appellate court's justification for lowering the bond?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:51 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

What was the appellate court's justification for lowering the bond?

Here's a link to the judge's letter. link

As far as I can tell he granted a stay at lesser amount just because Trump asked for it. Some legal commentators are saying a bond is not meant to wipe out a person's assets; it's main purpose is a down payment to make sure they eventually get the money.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:05 am    Post subject:

This (bleep) bag ALWAYS gets to play by different rules than anyone else. It almost feels inevitable that a minority of morons in the country will put him back into office so he can pardon himself.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:06 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
At the same time, Trump is in another NY court today for the Stormy Daniels hush money/campaign finance fraud case.

I wanted to add this piece that gets forgotten

Was released for Pandemic.. Conditions of Parole were insanely set by Trump...
He refused to sign them and they forced him BACK to Prison.. Trump even screwed his own loyal fixer.. talk about stupid

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/judge-finds-michael-cohen-s-return-prison-retaliatory-orders-his-n1234712
Judge finds Michael Cohen's return to prison 'retaliatory,' orders his release
Cohen had refused to sign a form that would have barred him from speaking in public, including by publishing a book, as a condition of home confinement.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:03 am    Post subject:

Harry Reid's former senior staffer and the person who started Indivisible (and for some reason also follows me on Twitter):

Quote:
Ezra Levin @ezralevin

The Republicans will stop him.
The media will stop him.
The Senate will stop him.
Mueller will stop him.
Jack Smith will stop him.
Letitia James will stop him.
Alvin Bragg will stop him.
The courts will stop him.

Look around - there's nobody but us. We have to stop him.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:20 am    Post subject:

It’s not up to us. It’s up to a few hundred thousand people in a few swing states.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:30 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
It’s not up to us. It’s up to a few hundred thousand people in a few swing states.

They're included in us.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mark Jacob @MarkJacob16 (former Editor Chicago Sun Times)

A Trump dictatorship is not inevitable. But it is increasingly possible. In this thread I suggest

10 WAYS YOU CAN STOP REPUBLICAN FASCISM.

Please share this 🧵 if you agree and want to help us stop MAGA from destroying democracy.
5:28 PM · Dec 11, 2023
·
Views

Mark Jacob
@MarkJacob16
·
Dec 11, 2023
1. Ignore polls and other tools of discouragement.
There’s a lot of (bleep) in political reporting, so filter what you consume and take breaks. Polls are not facts. News channels make $$ by stoking anger. Be alarmed about right-wing extremism, but resist feeling futile about it.
Mark Jacob
@MarkJacob16
·
Dec 11, 2023
2. Pick a cause and get to work.
Find a candidate or issue that inspires you. Appalled by gun violence? Join a group demanding sensible gun safety laws. Detest a particular MAGA congressman? Work for a challenger. The race doesn’t have to be in your state. You can help from afar.
Mark Jacob
@MarkJacob16
·
Dec 11, 2023
3. Choose a role that feels right.
Political campaigns have options for volunteers. Don’t like knocking on doors? Join a phone bank or write postcards or register voters. It’s easy to find campaigns via Google. Or contact the grassroots group Indivisible. https://indivisible.org
Mark Jacob
@MarkJacob16
·
Dec 11, 2023
4. Send money strategically.
If you’re too busy to donate time, give money. It can be for a competitive race far away. Don’t let billionaires make you think your small donation is useless. Every dollar helps. I’m willing to pay $100 to help secure my grandkids’ freedom. Are you?
Mark Jacob
@MarkJacob16
·
Dec 11, 2023
5. Show up at meetings and protests.
Republicans want us to think that unless we can take a Supreme Court justice on a fishing trip to Alaska, we have no influence. They’re wrong. Showing up makes a difference. TV news covers crowds at government meetings and protests. Be there.
Mark Jacob
@MarkJacob16
·
Dec 11, 2023
6. Be honest with family and friends.
I’m not asking you to get into a fight with racist Uncle Joe at Christmas dinner. But politely let family and friends know where you stand. Don’t stay silent when people spew MAGA lies. If you think you can persuade someone privately, do it.
Mark Jacob
@MarkJacob16
·
Dec 11, 2023
7. Be active on social media.
If you’re not doing anything but complaining on Twitter/X or Threads, you’re not doing enough. But that doesn’t mean social media is useless. Public expression of your political beliefs is part of a balanced pro-democracy diet.
Mark Jacob
@MarkJacob16
·
Dec 11, 2023
8. Pay for local news.
If you’re concerned about Trump, you should also be worried about his foot soldiers in your town who may be harassing teachers and librarians. Quality local news builds empathy and community, and it can expose local MAGA mischief. News is worth paying for.
Mark Jacob
@MarkJacob16
·
Dec 11, 2023
9. Run for something.
You may never have considered running for office, but think about it. You can start small. School boards, for example, need rational people to fend off MAGA radicals. The group Run for Something supports young progressive candidates.
From runforsomething.net
Mark Jacob
@MarkJacob16
·
Dec 11, 2023
10. Stay hydrated.
The election is 11 months away. Pace yourself. Try to take at least one action to defend democracy every week, but leave time for relaxation too. Don’t let right-wing hate wreck you. Stay healthy so you can wreck right-wing hate.
Mark Jacob
@MarkJacob16
·
Dec 11, 2023
MAGA extremists actually do care about the feelings of pro-democracy Americans. They want us to feel helpless. They want us to surrender politics to them. Don’t listen. Fight the bastards. If you have other good advice for anti-fascist campaigning, please share it here.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
trmiv wrote:

That's us.

Unless “us” suddenly moved to Wisconsin, Nevada, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Georgia and maaaaybe North Carolina, it’s definitely not “us.”
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:38 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
trmiv wrote:

They're included in us.

Kennedy walked the bayous and backroads to talk with potential voters iirc

Someone needs to disinfect the Churches.. maybe a respected religious person could try to go to the racist backwoods and get a vote or two changed

I cannot understand Republicanism.. The Leader steals their money and signs bills 110% against them. Something needs to wake them up
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3660, 3661, 3662 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 3661 of 3673
Jump to: