THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3188, 3189, 3190 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Remember, Bannon was actually arrested and indicted for fraud and money laundering. He only escaped trial and punishment because Trump pardoned him. So part of the process to hold him accountable worked until it was sabotaged.

Trump's other henchman, Michael Cohen served time.

So they don't all escape completely.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Remember, Bannon was actually arrested and indicted for fraud and money laundering. He only escaped trial and punishment because Trump pardoned him. So part of the process to hold him accountable worked until it was sabotaged.

didn't his campaign manager get pardoned?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

And what do you think Bannon's actual sentence would have been had he not been pardoned?

As for Cohen, slap on the wrist and released to home confinement.

Let's not pretend that people like the above mentioned get treated the same by the system as Joe Blow Citizen.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

I'm not pretending anything. I stated what happened.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Fair enough, but I think we both know those two examples don't actually refute that wealthy, politically connected, white men are treated the same as the average citizen.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Fair enough, but I think we both know those two examples don't actually refute that wealthy, politically connected, white men are treated the same as the average citizen.

I think I've made my position on wealthy white men controlling and benefiting from everything abundantly clear over the years. Just ask the right-leaning lurkers of this thread where I stand. Pretty sure they know because they curse me out over it every chance they get.

Remember, I didn't even want to vote for Biden or Bernie because they are part of that group. I wasn't thrilled with Merrick Garland for the same reason. I just hold out some hope that we'll get a few more exceptions to the rule.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I think I've made my position on wealthy white men controlling and benefiting from everything abundantly clear over the years. Just ask the right-leaning lurkers of this thread where I stand. Pretty sure they know because they curse me out over it every chance they get.

Hadn't noticed that.

Quote:
Remember, I didn't even want to vote for Biden or Bernie because they are part of that group. I wasn't thrilled with Merrick Garland for the same reason. I just hold out some hope that we'll get a few more exceptions to the rule.

I wish I could muster that same hope. The last three years and half years make it hard.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject:

sally yates should be there.

unfortunately, America isn't ready for a woman pres. Kamala, Amy were better prospects than Joe but he was the only one who supposedly could have beaten trump.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
One of the issues with the activists on the left and right is their affinity for the explosive headline and then “why isn’t someone doing something about this” riffs well before there’s any process to get the evidence and deal with the issue. You’ve seen that with the Matt Gaetz sex crime allegations (aside from an accusation, do we really know what evidence there is of exactly what crime?) and the contempt of Congress by Bannon, where people are bemoaning nothing being done the very day he’s actually in contempt. There is truth to the fact that the system is in danger and is ill prepared for the type of attack on it we are seeing, and truth to the idea that in many cases enough won’t or can’t be done within the rules, but it is also true that people hear an allegation and want a hanging the day they heard it. Guys like Swalwell are not going to let it silently stand if there’s real evidence that members of Congress plotted with the terrorists to commit the terrorist act. If they have that evidence at the very least you’re going to hear it very loudly.

He's in custody now, right?

You do realize that’s not how that works, right? And that’s the point. The righteous desire for immediate karma just isn’t going to be satisfied in any place you’d actually want to live.

It's not a question of wanting "immediate karma"

You know me well enough know that I understand and believe in rule of law and understand how are justice system, so please save me the "in any place you'd want to live" sanctimony.

I do know how the system works . . . which means it always ends up with powerfully connected people being given an overindulgence of "due process" and leniency when it comes to accountability ethically and legally.

You also know full well what I am talking about and the difference between that and "instant karma".

Last time when I pointed out on the very day he failed to appear that wondering why he hadn’t been punished yet was like wondering why they hadn’t convicted OJ while he was still in the Bronco, and you indicated that it was more like he was deep in the trial, and when I pointed out that they had to go to through the steps of the committee voting to refer and then the full house and then the AG assigning a team and empaneling a grand jury and then getting an indictment before they can even arrest him much less go to trial convict and sentence him, I got the “ I just meant nothing was going to happen to him” response. Which of course would have been easy to just say instead of asking why nothing had happened before anything could. And we kind of repeated that here.

If your argument is that rich white men get the benefit of due process more, or get punished more lightly if at all, I’m in complete agreement. If you want him arrested and summarily sentenced without trial I disagree, but that’s at least consistent with the actual argument you’re typing. But if you agree with due process and are asking about why no punishment before he’s even referred and why no arrest before he can be charged, it doesn’t read in either case like your point is you’re pessimistic about how much he’ll be punished.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

unfortunately, America isn't ready for a woman pres. Kamala, Amy were better prospects than Joe but he was the only one who supposedly could have beaten trump.

He’s the one that did beat trump. And you go from what a horrid veep Kamala is to she should have been the presidential candidate? And Klobuchar? Really?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Halflife wrote:

He’s the one that did beat trump. And you go from what a horrid veep Kamala is to she should have been the presidential candidate? And Klobuchar? Really?

I have not said she is horrid. i have noted I am a fan. what I've said is that she got buried and is nowhere to be seen. She was the heir apparent, now she is invisible. I have also said is she an amazing orator and that she should be utilized as such. Unfortunately, mayor pete, who I like gets more air time (infrastructure) .

Kamala as our first female pres is dead. I bet if you polled America a good chunk couldn't tell you who the VP.

yes Joe did beat trump, but lets not forget he was behind everyone. No one wanted him. Then Clyburn backed him and everyone started to back out.

I think a few people could have beaten trump but politics is politics. nominate the old white guy so America can feel comfortable.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I have not said she is horrid. i have noted I am a fan. what I've said is that she got buried and is nowhere to be seen. She was the heir apparent, now she is invisible. I have also said is she an amazing orator and that she should be utilized as such. Unfortunately, mayor pete, who I like gets more air time (infrastructure) .

Kamala as our first female pres is dead. I bet if you polled America a good chunk couldn't tell you who the VP.

yes Joe did beat trump, but lets not forget he was behind everyone. No one wanted him. Then Clyburn backed him and everyone started to back out.

I think a few people could have beaten trump but politics is politics. nominate the old white guy so America can feel comfortable.

Keep dancing . . . you can move around like few others . . . it's not pretty, but it is entertaining to watch.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject:

I think Harris is doing fine and is getting the exposure that VPs usually get.

If the opposite was true and she was visible every single day, the mainstream media, not just the conservative media, would be using that as speculation that she's the one running things and that Biden will not run for a second term.

Biden is the president, she is the vice president. It's as simple as that.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Biden during the primaries, but it's not true that he was "behind everyone" before Clyburn supported him. He lost badly in Iowa and New Hampshire, but he was doing well in national polls and he was doing extremely well among African-Americans, without which you can't win the primary. When states that aren't exclusively populated by white people began to vote, he crushed the competition.

And he was the only candidate that could have beaten Trump. The Big Lie overshadows the fact that Trump had an incredible turnout in the states he needed to win, but Biden outdid him. Yes, it was because he's an old white guy that people trusted, and it sucks to live in a country where that still matters, but he won the election.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/nicole_chenelle/status/1422449854224031745?s=20

Was reading a reply that reminded me of this.. Yes, the GOP is hiring (bleep) nobody actors off of websites to become paid crisis actors.

Look at this oxygen thieving trash -
Quote:
Cannedass Owens
https://newsone.com/3893288/candace-owens-race-issues-naacp/
In 2007, she accused white boys of racially harassing and threatening to kill her (sound pretty racist, right?). Owens claimed the boys were the son of then-Stamford Mayor Dannel Malloy, Connecticut’s former governor. Because of the NAACP, Owens’ family received a settlement of $37,500 from Stamford Public Schools.

Scot X. Esdaile, the Connecticut NAACP president who helped Owens with her lawsuit, was shocked to hear Owens become a conservative. Esdaile told Mic in 2018, “We’re very saddened and disappointed in her. It seems to me that she’s now trying to play to a different type of demographic.”
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

If the opposite was true and she was visible every single day, the mainstream media, not just the conservative media, would be using that as speculation that she's the one running things and that Biden will not run for a second term.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Biden during the primaries, but it's not true that he was "behind everyone" before Clyburn supported him. He lost badly in Iowa and New Hampshire, but he was doing well in national polls and he was doing extremely well among African-Americans, without which you can't win the primary. When states that aren't exclusively populated by white people began to vote, he crushed the competition.

And he was the only candidate that could have beaten Trump. The Big Lie overshadows the fact that Trump had an incredible turnout in the states he needed to win, but Biden outdid him. Yes, it was because he's an old white guy that people trusted, and it sucks to live in a country where that still matters, but he won the election.

The difference here is that Joe is old and sounds old. Listening to him is painful. I guess its been debunked but it was initially reported he was only doing this for 1 term which lined up great for kamala.

So far connected to kamala- the border fiasco, shes done more but that's the first thing that comes to mind. Shes done as presidential candidate IMHO

We don't know if joe was the only one who could beat trump but he was the one. Trump isn't running in 2024 IMHO. who does? wait and see, but we will be asking if the guy who nobody wanted can beat someone not named trump. I say its 50/50 and if there is a dark horse GOP I could see that.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

Dude.. I would much rather have someone speak slower and respectfully than anything that sounds like Trump

Yes, I want a President I can relate to in some way. Common human decency is 1st and foremost..

My Mother told me as a child there was nothing she hated more than a thief or a liar... Every time I heard Trump the President speak I was feeling like a sheep/lamb who had consciousness and knew the Wolf had found sheep's clothing. When I saw people support him or even listen to him .. especially humans willing to go to an event.. it frightened my soul.. what universe did we slip into.. a lying thieving cowardly man was my country's leader... A man who cared nothing about anyone yet told them he loved them... and they couldn't see it???

After 4 years of criminal activity every day .. Doomscrolling... whew... Joe is a breath of fresh air after years of perfect calls and windmills causing cancer and giving bases to Russian Syria etc

Now we just have to designate Y'allQaeda as a Terrorist org and life will get even better in America
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Wilt wrote:

The difference here is that Joe is old and sounds old. Listening to him is painful. I guess its been debunked but it was initially reported he was only doing this for 1 term which lined up great for kamala.

So far connected to kamala- the border fiasco, shes done more but that's the first thing that comes to mind. Shes done as presidential candidate IMHO

We don't know if joe was the only one who could beat trump but he was the one. Trump isn't running in 2024 IMHO. who does? wait and see, but we will be asking if the guy who nobody wanted can beat someone not named trump. I say its 50/50 and if there is a dark horse GOP I could see that.

It's funny- the ones who critique how Biden "sounds" usually post in the most incoherent style I have ever seen on LG...It's like reading Hieroglyphics.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:20 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

Now we just have to designate Y'allQaeda as a Terrorist org and life will get even better in America

The best spies and terrorists are home-grown . . . just ask the USSR/Russia, although these American (Y'allQaeda) idiots were not hatched by Putin & Crew, at least not directly.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
It's funny- the ones who critique how Biden "sounds" usually post in the most incoherent style I have ever seen on LG...It's like reading Hieroglyphics.

TrollBot(s)?

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject:

RIP paid FMLOA

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:35 am    Post subject:

NAACP calls on athletes not to sign with Texas teams over controversial laws

Quote:
"As we watch an incomprehensible assault on basic human rights unfold in Texas, we are simultaneously witnessing a threat to constitutional guarantees for women, children and marginalized communities," NAACP National President Derrick Johnson and NAACP Texas State Conference President Gary Bledsoe wrote in the letter. "Over the past few months, legislators in Texas have passed archaic policies, disguised as laws, that directly violate privacy rights and a woman's freedom to choose, restrict access to free and fair elections for Black and Brown voters, and increase the risk of contracting "If you are a woman, avoid Texas. If you are Black, avoid Texas," the letter continued. "If you want to lower your chances of dying from coronavirus, avoid Texas."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/naacp-calls-on-athletes-not-to-sign-with-texas-teams-over-controversial-laws/ar-AAQ37XY?li=BB141NW3&ocid=mailsignout
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

[sarcasm]Biden is addressing the country, and he sounds old and senile.[/sarcasm]

Biden 2024!

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Wilt wrote:

fortunately Im not expected to stand before the country...world and speak.

Dude looks and sounds old. Now we are seeing how ingrained he is in "old politics".

Of course if we compare policies to trumptard then he looks great. As I posted no one wanted joe but he did the trick. Let's hope now, that since magats are slowly being flushed out that we can go back to finding the best candidates vs just the ones who are least offensive.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Let's hope now, that since magats are slowly being flushed out that we can go back to finding the best candidates vs just the ones who are least offensive.

Wait, when was that?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Let's hope now, that since magats are slowly being flushed out that we can go back to finding the best candidates vs just the ones who are least offensive.

Wait, when was that?

what do mean? Joe represented the party because apparently he was the only who could beat trump. No one actually thought he was the best candidate.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3188, 3189, 3190 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 3189 of 3663
Jump to: