THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3294, 3295, 3296 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Freudian as F***

It's maybe the most incredible gaffe of the year -- and that's saying something -- former President George W. Bush tried to take aim at Vladimir Putin, and it boomeranged right back on him.

W. was speaking at SMU's George W. Bush Institute when he groused about Putin's invasion of Ukraine ... he was trying to say the war was the brainchild of a tyrant who brazenly invaded a neighboring country without any justification. But, here's how it came out ... "Political opponents are imprisoned or otherwise eliminated from participating in the electoral process. The result is an absence of checks and balances in Russia and the decision of one man to launch a wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq."

Well, he quickly corrected himself, saying "I mean of Ukraine," and then just shrugged.

After, 4 years of President Trump . Which was so bad. So, so, so, so.. so....bad.
My bar of expectation for Republican Presidents is extremely low. Limbo bar low.
So I'm not as hard on W. as I was pre-Trump.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 4:31 pm    Post subject:

CNN

(This woman led an underground abortion network before Roe v Wade)
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject:

It's hard to understand how north of 60 million people would vote for this evil again.

Quote:
NBC Politics @NBCPolitics

EXCLUSIVE: Michigan’s top election official says she was told President Trump had suggested in a WH meeting that she be arrested for treason and executed after she refused to overturn 2020 presidential election results.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
CNN

(SE Cupp: The real reason Elon Musk is planning on voting Republican)

Quote:
Tech mogul Elon Musk announced on Twitter that he wants to switch political parties and join the GOP. On this week's episode of "Unfiltered," CNN's SE Cupp analyzes why that may be and what Musk's move says about the Republican Party.

I just assumed he was a Republican all along.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
CNN

(SE Cupp: The real reason Elon Musk is planning on voting Republican)

Quote:
Tech mogul Elon Musk announced on Twitter that he wants to switch political parties and join the GOP. On this week's episode of "Unfiltered," CNN's SE Cupp analyzes why that may be and what Musk's move says about the Republican Party.

I just assumed he was a Republican all along.

He was, certainly in practice if not officially aligned.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, not a stretch to realize that an anti labor oligarch might be a republican
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject:

So all the "Pro-Life" House Republicans who have been slamming the White House for not doing enough about the baby formula shortage have voted against a bill to alleviate that shortage . . . don't they realize they are endangering the White Baby Inventory they are so concerned about?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Freudian as F***

It's maybe the most incredible gaffe of the year -- and that's saying something -- former President George W. Bush tried to take aim at Vladimir Putin, and it boomeranged right back on him.

W. was speaking at SMU's George W. Bush Institute when he groused about Putin's invasion of Ukraine ... he was trying to say the war was the brainchild of a tyrant who brazenly invaded a neighboring country without any justification. But, here's how it came out ... "Political opponents are imprisoned or otherwise eliminated from participating in the electoral process. The result is an absence of checks and balances in Russia and the decision of one man to launch a wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq."

Well, he quickly corrected himself, saying "I mean of Ukraine," and then just shrugged.

After, 4 years of President Trump . Which was so bad. So, so, so, so.. so....bad.
My bar of expectation for Republican Presidents is extremely low. Limbo bar low.

All of us on the left should be as hard on W. as we were back in the day. I can't believe liberals how forgotten how scared they were during his presidency, especially during his second term. For some reason, W has now become something of a sympathetic figure for liberals, which has never made sense.

Anyone remember the conspiracy theory that his admin would concoct a third catastrophic event within a decade after 9/11 and Katrina so they could institute Martial Law?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 7:43 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
So all the "Pro-Life" House Republicans who have been slamming the White House for not doing enough about the baby formula shortage have voted against a bill to alleviate that shortage . . . don't they realize they are endangering the White Baby Inventory they are so concerned about?

Domestic infant supply. Get your thinly coded racist terminology straight.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 4:45 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Domestic infant supply. Get your thinly coded racist terminology straight.

Oh I know their terminology, I'm just getting more to the point.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 6:20 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Not to mention the irony of being against abortion but also being against feeding the babies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 6:55 am    Post subject:

The GOP are pro-birth, not pro-life.

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject:

CNN

(Trump attacked Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp. Watch Kemp's response)

Quote:
CNN's Jeff Zeleny is in Evans, Georgia, ahead of the state's gubernatorial primary. Zeleny speaks with Georgia Republican voters who support Trump, but also appear to be backing incumbent Gov. Brian Kemp over his Trump-backed challenger, former Senator David Perdue.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject:

CNN

(Thomas, Roberts engaged in epic struggle over Roe v. Wade)

Quote:
At a recent Dallas conference, Justice Clarence Thomas took a surprising, public jab at Chief Justice John Roberts. Thomas has long touted the good relations inside the court and avoided public criticism of colleagues. CNN’s Joan Biskupic reports.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Abbott Needs To Be Held Accountable For What Happened, Says Senator)

Quote:
The Senate on Thursday approved the Access to Baby Formula Act by unanimous consent, and it will now go to President Biden's desk for him to sign off. Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., joins Morning Joe to discuss the bill, which she introduced, and addressing the causes of the current formula shortage.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 8:07 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Freudian as F***

While I understand the idea of things be relative, Trump in no way diminishes the severity of W’s actions to my mind.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

David Pakman Show

(Republican WILL NOT ANSWER Who's President, Says Investigate Antifa for Trump Riots)

Quote:
--David interviews Bobby Piton, who's running in the Republican primary for U.S. Senator from Illinois
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:36 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(New Report Claims Ginni Thomas Messaged AZ Republicans To Overturn Biden's Win)

Quote:
New reporting alleges that Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, allegedly messaged Arizona Republicans in the days after the election urging them to throw out the people's votes and send Trump electors instead. Joy and her panel discuss.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:26 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
MSNBC

(New Report Claims Ginni Thomas Messaged AZ Republicans To Overturn Biden's Win)

Quote:
New reporting alleges that Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, allegedly messaged Arizona Republicans in the days after the election urging them to throw out the people's votes and send Trump electors instead. Joy and her panel discuss.

I am guessing Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas (1 of the Alito 5) and Husband of GInsurrectionist had no idea.. Pikachu level shocked face..

Abort The Supreme Court
Too many Illegitimate Judges..
Thomas should be removed until the USA can confirm he himself did not assist in any way with the January 6th Insurrection. Do him and his wife share bank accounts? Any of his money pay for Insurrection activities or stop the steal insanity.. Is his wife a threat to the USA? Should she be charged and apprehended?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Warren Calls Out Tech Firms for Selling Abortion Clinic Patients’ Location Data
https://truthout.org/articles/warren-calls-out-tech-firms-for-selling-abortion-clinic-patients-location-data/
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 5:07 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Freudian as F***

While I understand the idea of things be relative, Trump in no way diminishes the severity of W’s actions to my mind.

And when I think about it. I feel the same way.
But it doesn't come naturally for me, like it did pre-Trump. I have to remind myself to not judge W. relatively.

I'm not arguing that my relative judging is correct. I openly acknowledge it is wrong. I'm just recognizing my own faulty thought process. I think/know others feel the same way. And they are wrong too.

I think it's a form of Trump PTSD.

Last edited by kikanga on Sat May 21, 2022 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 6:47 am    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Religious Extremists Mix Trump Worship With Christian Nationalism)

Quote:
Mehdi Hasan looks at how religious extremists in the Christian nationalist movement have cast Donald Trump as a messianic figure and threaten to make democracy secondary to empowering Donald Trump as an expression of divine will.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 8:01 am    Post subject:

CNN

(Why Smerconish says he can’t see Biden running in 2024)

Quote:
CNN's Michael Smerconish says President Biden faces a category five political storm and argues that he should consider announcing he's not running again in 2024.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:54 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
CNN

Quote:
CNN's Michael Smerconish says President Biden faces a category five political storm and argues that he should consider announcing he's not running again in 2024.

unfortunately, there isn't anyone for dems to wrap their arms around.

They cant throw anyone up there and expect to win unless trump runs again. If biden isn't running they better hope its not someone from far left.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
CNN

Quote:

unfortunately, there isn't anyone for dems to wrap their arms around.

They cant throw anyone up there and expect to win unless trump runs again. If biden isn't running they better hope its not someone from far left.

Unless Biden is incoherent in public by this time next year, he is by far, by far the Democrats' best option to win the 2024 election. If anything, I could see the possibility of Biden winning the election and then resigning sometime during his second term, but yeah, the Democrats have to know that he's their best chance to keep the executive branch.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3294, 3295, 3296 ... 3670, 3671, 3672  Next
Page 3295 of 3672
Jump to: