THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3661, 3662, 3663 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:40 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
jodeke wrote:
trmiv wrote:
It’s not up to us. It’s up to a few hundred thousand people in a few swing states.

That's us.

Unless “us” suddenly moved to Wisconsin, Nevada, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Georgia and maaaaybe North Carolina, it’s definitely not “us.”

Sadly us includes anyone with a pulse.

Republican leaders are against everyone who is alive.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:25 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
jodeke wrote:
trmiv wrote:
It’s not up to us. It’s up to a few hundred thousand people in a few swing states.

That's us.

Unless “us” suddenly moved to Wisconsin, Nevada, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Georgia and maaaaybe North Carolina, it’s definitely not “us.”

No matter where they move us is inclusive. Us/We have to show up at the polls and vote. Everyday Americans outweigh Racist Americans. Remember they are going to vote.

GET OUT AND VOTE!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
BREAKING from Bloomberg: Trump's wealth SOARS to record $6.4 billion on SPAC deal, making him one of the world's 500 richest people.

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1772343604616278335?t=C1pnXU66XMWHGv1T6EvkKw&s=19
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:02 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
BREAKING from Bloomberg: Trump's wealth SOARS to record $6.4 billion on SPAC deal, making him one of the world's 500 richest people.

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1772343604616278335?t=C1pnXU66XMWHGv1T6EvkKw&s=19

Digital World Acquisition Corp
Insane.

How can The Internets' Toilet legally worth this much?
Such a simple way to support a candidate?
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:54 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

This is a scam just like everything else he's been involved in. It's a way to send Chinese money his way.

Truth has a tiny, dwindling userbase, under $5 million of revenue a year with losses of like $70m a year. Nothing about this is real.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Welp. I spoke to soon.

Trump is stacking up wins right now.

Half the country is hell bent on making sure he is above the law. And to date. They have succeeded.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:14 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Welp. I spoke to soon.

Half the country is hell bent on making sure he is above the law. And to date. They have succeeded.

KEEP THE FAITH kik KEEP THE FAITH

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Welp. I spoke to soon.

This one hurts. Not gonna lie.

Doesn't really affect my actions one way or another. I'm still voting for Biden. Still encouraging everyone I know to vote for Biden too.

But this isn't a fun pill to swallow.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:57 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Welp. I spoke to soon.

Doesn't really affect my actions one way or another. I'm still voting for Biden. Still encouraging everyone I know to vote for Biden too.

Yeah. Kinda makes you wonder how many fingers Dump has in the mix. Going from broke to 6 billion overnight. I'll admit I'm starting to get a little nervous.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Welp. I spoke to soon.

Yeah. Kinda makes you wonder how many fingers Dump has in the mix. Going from broke to 6 billion overnight. I'll admit I'm starting to get a little nervous.

I get the moral of the story. I've been on that page for a while. Have to defeat him in the voting booth.

But what really hurts, is when you think about the people in Rikers. Same city Trump's case is in.

For decades. People have been sent there. Because they were charged. Not convicted. Just charged. For non-violent crimes. And they were stuck there because they couldn't make bail on thousands of dollars. Not millions like Trump. Millions that were deferred today. Just thousands of dollars.

People have been abused and sometimes killed in Rikers. Innocent people. Who were just too poor.

And we can't even have Trump held accountable for the bond amount.

It's disgusting. Just saying "we have a two-tiered justice system" doesn't seem like enough.

It's messed up man.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:29 pm    Post subject:

^^^Empathy Educaton is required for it to grow outside of ourselves. There is an attack on anything that creates Oneness and Connectedness between races and classes of people. Empathy clears the way to see injustice.

All this anti-Woke BS is crap from other countries just trying to create hate.

I have said this before but it is (bleep) all the time.. The Peacemakers get assassinated
Jesus
Ghandi
JFK
MLK
?

Martin Luther King said:
Quote:
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Book to share -
https://www.audible.com/pd/A-Life-Worth-Breathing-Audiobook/B00HQNSGBO

Check the audio sample.. such an easy voice to listen to.. slows you down and helps you break into some deeper places in your heart and mind..

A Life Worth Breathing
A Yoga Master's Handbook of Strength, Grace, and Healing
By: Max Strom
Narrated by: Max Strom
Length: 7 hrs and 18 mins
4.7 out of 5 stars4.7 (620 ratings)
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Tulsi Gabbard: "I would be honored to serve our country in that way, and to be in a position to help President Trump if he's reelected, to help execute those policies that will bring back a secure border, that will breathe new life into our economy."

Pretty sure we all called this over 4 years ago.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:29 pm    Post subject:

I remember a former frequent poster advocating for her since she went on Joe Rogan's show for four hours and therefore should be respected. He might even have argued for Biden to pick her as his VP.

Even if we ignore for a second that she's a grifter and authoritarian, there's nothing remotely impressive about her. It could be argued that she's as dumb as a rock.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:48 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Welp. I spoke to soon.

I get the moral of the story. I've been on that page for a while. Have to defeat him in the voting booth.

But what really hurts, is when you think about the people in Rikers. Same city Trump's case is in.

For decades. People have been sent there. Because they were charged. Not convicted. Just charged. For non-violent crimes. And they were stuck there because they couldn't make bail on thousands of dollars. Not millions like Trump. Millions that were deferred today. Just thousands of dollars.

People have been abused and sometimes killed in Rikers. Innocent people. Who were just too poor.

And we can't even have Trump held accountable for the bond amount.

It's disgusting. Just saying "we have a two-tiered justice system" doesn't seem like enough.

It's messed up man.

These are people awaiting trial. They are imprisoned with some harden criminals. Rikers ain't no joke.

Quote:
New York City's New Jail Population Math

Vital City
Rikers Island by 2027. ... population target and close Rikers. In ... population forecasts that we think the population in 2024 could be over 7,000.

Kalief Browder

Article
Talk
Read
Edit
View history

Tools
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kalief Browder

Browder in October 2014
Born May 25, 1993
The Bronx, New York, US
Died June 6, 2015 (aged 22)
The Bronx, New York, US
Cause of death Suicide by hanging
Resting place The Bronx, New York, US
Alma mater Bronx Community College
Known for Wrongful imprisonment victim
Kalief Browder (May 25, 1993 – June 6, 2015) was an African American youth from The Bronx, New York, who was held at the Rikers Island jail complex, without trial, between 2010 and 2013 for allegedly stealing a backpack containing valuables. During his imprisonment, Browder was kept in solitary confinement for 800 days.

Two years after his release, Browder hanged himself at his parents' home. His case has been cited by activists campaigning for reform of the New York City criminal justice system and has attracted widespread attention in the years following his death. In 2017, Jay-Z produced a television documentary mini-series titled Time: The Kalief Browder Story. In January 2019, New York City settled a civil lawsuit with the Browder family for $3.3 million.[1]

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:54 am    Post subject:

In case you missed it last night, Rachel Maddow delivered an opening 30-minute monologue beginning with the history of U.S. fascist movements and figures over the last 100 years, why it's worse today because it has taken hold of one entire party and presidential candidate, and why it's wrong and dangerous to normalize the participants of the insurrectionist attack on our democracy by platforming them on a major news network. She called on NBC to admit their mistake in hiring McDaniel and to correct it.

NBC senior executives are meeting today.

Update. Boom.

Quote:
Dylan Byers @DylanByers

SCOOP @PuckNews : NBC NEWS plans to drop ex RNC-chair Ronna McDaniel as a paid contributor following on-air revolt from NBC/MSNBC talent. Execs are deliberating over details; announcement pending. Meanwhile, McDaniel is seeking legal representation.

Full details, scoops & backstory in next edition of In The Room. Subscribe here: https://puck.news/newsletters/in-the-room/

Last edited by ChefLinda on Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:34 am; edited 2 times in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:07 am    Post subject:

The grifting never stops.

Quote:
Molly Ploofkins™ @Mollyploofkins

Trump hawking bibles during holy week...

'As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless The USA Bible.'

link to video

Quote:
Donald J. Trump Posts From His Truth Social @TrumpDailyPosts

Happy Holy Week! Let’s Make America Pray Again. As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless The USA Bible.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:02 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
In case you missed it last night, Rachel Maddow delivered an opening 30-minute monologue beginning with the history of U.S. fascist movements and figures over the last 100 years, why it's worse today because it has taken hold of one entire party and presidential candidate, and why it's wrong and dangerous to normalize the participants of the insurrectionist attack on our democracy by platforming them on a major news network. She called on NBC to admit their mistake in hiring McDaniel and to correct it.

NBC senior executives are meeting today.

Update. Boom.

Quote:
Dylan Byers @DylanByers

SCOOP @PuckNews : NBC NEWS plans to drop ex RNC-chair Ronna McDaniel as a paid contributor following on-air revolt from NBC/MSNBC talent. Execs are deliberating over details; announcement pending. Meanwhile, McDaniel is seeking legal representation.

Full details, scoops & backstory in next edition of In The Room. Subscribe here: https://puck.news/newsletters/in-the-room/

Is this the episode you're talking about?

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:09 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
Dylan Byers @DylanByers

She obviously wants that $300,000.

And then she'll play the victim, be even Trumpier, and hope to be readmitted to the cult.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:27 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Is this the episode you're talking about?

Yes, that's the tail end of it.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:42 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
The grifting never stops.

Quote:
Molly Ploofkins™ @Mollyploofkins

Trump hawking bibles during holy week...

'As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless The USA Bible.'

link to video

Quote:
Donald J. Trump Posts From His Truth Social @TrumpDailyPosts

Happy Holy Week! Let’s Make America Pray Again. As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless The USA Bible.

I bet he’ll make millions off it too. Man sometimes I wish I was completely without morals and willing to scam people. Conservatives have to be the easiest marks on earth. I’d be rolling in money.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:43 am    Post subject:

cant imagine why NBC actually thought this was a good idea other than to say " see we are bipartisan."
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:53 am    Post subject:

Trump has been attacking this judge (as well as his daughter, the DA, etc.) nonstop for the last 24 hours:

Quote:
Molly Crane-Newman @molcranenewman

News: The Manhattan DA's request for a limited gag order restricting Donald Trump's public statements about people involved in the hush money case ahead of next month's trial has been GRANTED. Story TK.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:43 pm    Post subject:

I misread the article at first and posted an incorrect opinion. I think the court is doing the right thing.

POLITICS
Supreme Court seems poised to reject abortion pill challenge after arguments over FDA actions

By Melissa Quinn
Updated on: March 26, 2024 / 2:07 PM EDT / CBS News

LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Just doing my job and checking to see if this could have been intentional?
What if a government hacked that ship and shut it down so it crashed into that bridge?
From what I read early they were saying that port area is extremely important for the whole region. 17th largest port in America

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2024/03/26/baltimore-bridge-collapse-ship-dali/73105394007/
Quote:

Baltimore bridge collapse wasn't first major accident for giant container ship Dali

The ship in Tuesday's crash, Dali, was involved in at least one prior accident when it collided with a shipping pier in Belgium.

That 2016 incident occurred as the Dali was leaving port in Antwerp and struck a loading pier made of stone, causing damage to the ship’s stern, according to VesselFinder.com, a site that tracks ships across the world. An investigation determined a mistake made by the ship’s master and pilot was to blame.

No one was injured in that crash, although the ship required repair and a full inspection before being returned to service. The pier – or berth – was also seriously damaged and had to be closed
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3661, 3662, 3663 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 3662 of 3673
Jump to: