OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
His press conference is strong.

"Trust me, the work has already begun"

He can talk all he wants.

We need to see results.

We sure do. BTW how many chips have the great Sam Presti and Daryl Morey won as the GM?
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject:

I think the problem that Rob and Frank have to figure out is how to work around AD when he's injured. AD has never played an entire season.

I think the break last season definitely helped AD recover enough to make it through the playoffs. With a normal 82 game season, that's going to be a bigger challenge.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject:

bluehill wrote:
I think the problem that Rob and Frank have to figure out is how to work around AD when he's injured. AD has never played an entire season.

I think the break last season definitely helped AD recover enough to make it through the playoffs. With a normal 82 game season, that's going to be a bigger challenge.

Yep people always mention the 71 day break... but fail to mention there was a four month break before the bubble.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject:

We won a championship with defense, something that is very hard to do in this league. It was a weird season and we avoided some of harder matchups. I know Vogel is a defensive coach, but this season showed the importance of scoring. We either have to hope our guys shoot like they did on the bubble, or get some consistent shooters to spread the floor.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
bluehill wrote:

Yep people always mention the 71 day break... but fail to mention there was a four month break before the bubble.

So how many teams had the 71 day break and how many teams had the 4 month break?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

I have no faith in Rob because he has been making countless mistakes. A big recent mistake was breaking up a championship squad, after their 1st championship. He has to prove his self and we will see how he does with this offense, where there is very little that we can do. We will see what he does.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
I have no faith in Rob because he has been making countless mistakes. A big recent mistake was breaking up a championship squad, after their 1st championship. He has to prove his self and we will see how he does with this offense, where there is very little that we can do. We will see what he does.

How did he break up anything? You forget Laker Nation wanted Green gone. Rondo wasn't going to take $3mm to stay. The team wanted Dwight but for whatever stupid reason Dwight jumped ship when they asked him to wait.

The only guy I wish we kept was Javale who was a great teammate.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

How did he break up anything? You forget Laker Nation wanted Green gone. Rondo wasn't going to take $3mm to stay. The team wanted Dwight but for whatever stupid reason Dwight jumped ship when they asked him to wait.

Everyone talks about Javale like he is a qualify playoff starter. Guy didn’t play in last seasons postseason and he didn’t play for Denver this year.

DG, Rondo, & Dwight. Those were the three we lost. To me losing those 3 is much ado about nothing. You have those 3 this year instead of Trez, Wes, DS & Marc - you don’t beat Phoenix. You certainly don’t win a championship.

AD + LBJ we’re not healthy so it doesn’t even matter what the role players are or were. If those two aren’t healthy - you can’t even make a case that the championship team should have stayed together. The variables you’re comparing and constants are different. But Outspoken is going to continue to regurgitate this point that Rob was wrong for braking up this team. To me that may be true that may not be true but it doesn’t matter because he did break up the team, LBJ + AD got hurt, and there’s nothing we or Rob can do about those two things.

We did not have the health or continuity we needed to be a contender this year. You can’t completely evaluate the talent or fit with that caveat.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I was typing all of this out and deleted just because I’m sick of arguing. Your correct Rondo wanted a payday, DS solved our problem with waiters being our only other penetrator. Green was being bashed the entire playoffs. Dwight got mad and left on his own.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Rob's listening to fans about what is right for the team? I really don't have faith in him if that is the case. Fans didn't really care, the moment we won a championship. You can try to make any excuse you want, but we had the ability to keep the championship squad together and he elected not to. He gave Dwight some weird IOU type of contract, where it wasn't even a contract at all. Dwight thought he was signed and then it turned out, he wasn't. Dwight have just helped win the Lakers a championship, that's idiotic not to prioritize dwight above others who haven't.

No GM in history has ever broke up a championship squad after their 1st championship. Why? because it is dumb as hell. Chemistry only grows and they will be better the following year, because they know each other more.

Last edited by Outspoken on Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Rondo. Green. Dwight. JAv. Without a healthy AD same result. I don’t get why people don’t understand this simple concept.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Rondo. Green. Dwight. JAv. Without a healthy AD same result. I don’t get why people don’t understand this simple concept.

It's not a simple concept because again, this is hypothetical, that leads to a hypothetical ending. That's more simple to understand.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject:

I’d argue that with Rajon Rondo we would have had a healthy Anthony Davis.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

This is what I mean hypothetical because in my mind, with the team last year, AD isn't over worked and doesn't get injured.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Rob's listening to fans about what is right for the team? I really don't have faith in him if that is the case. Fans didn't really care, the moment we won a championship. You can try to make any excuse you want, but we had the ability to keep the championship squad together and he elected not to. He gave Dwight some weird IOU type of contract, where it wasn't even a contract at all. Dwight thought he was signed and then it turned out, he wasn't. Dwight have just helped win the Lakers a championship, that's idiotic not to prioritize dwight above others who haven't.

No GM in history has ever broke up a championship squad after their 1st championship. Why? because it is dumb as hell. Chemistry only grows and they will be better the following year, because they know each other more.

LOL ... yes Rob listened to fans. Everyone saw Danny Green was flat out garbage. Rob saw an opportunity to fill a hole we had at PG and made the trade.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Losing sure changes the narrative. Remember back in December when the Lakers were touted as one of the deepest rosters and Championship favorites.
The biggest arguments were for the athletic “third center”.

Now the roster somehow became a collection of bums that should never been signed? Seriously?

Injuries and chemistry killed this run. They ran out of the competitive will to win and quit as a team. They were not ready physically or mentally for the playoff intensity they ran into.

Pelinka did what he thought was best last summer. Now he has to do it all over again with arguably less quality assets. And let’s not for a moment think that the vet min or buyout market is going to be as desirable with the way the team quit. It will matter to vets ring chasing.

Going to be an interesting off season. Pelinka has a tough job ahead.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

LOL ... yes Rob listened to fans. Everyone saw Danny Green was flat out garbage. Rob saw an opportunity to fill a hole we had at PG and made the trade.

We won a championship with Danny Green and then lost, based on Rob's idiotic mistake by listening to fans. That's why I don't have any trust in Rob right now. He needs to prove his self. He's been making dumb mistakes.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

We won a championship with Danny Green and then lost, based on Rob's idiotic mistake by listening to fans. That's why I don't have any trust in Rob right now. He needs to prove his self. He's been making dumb mistakes.

I'm sure Danny Green is the difference between repeating and going home.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's not a simple concept because again, this is hypothetical, that leads to a hypothetical ending. That's more simple to understand.

You are starting with the hypothetical 😆.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

How? Rondo was hurt for a lot of this season himself. AD didn’t look right coming out of the gate. Having rondo may change the margin of that inevitably but not regular season rondo who has been bad for 3 regular seasons now.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:39 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Your hypothetical concept will only be proven if LBJ and AD were healthy. The most likely scenario is both squads can't advance to the next round without AD. Saying Rondo can save AD from being injured is even more hypothetical.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:46 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Your hypothetical concept will only be proven if LBJ and AD were healthy. The most likely scenario is both squads can't advance to the next round without AD. Saying Rondo can save AD from being injured is even more hypothetical.

It's hypothetical to even think it could all work out hypothetically
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:15 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

There isn't "more" hypothetical. There's just just hypothetical, to which I said I was being when I gave my opinion. There's no right or wrong ending, because the scenario never played out. What we do know is that it was absolutely dumb to break up a championship squad after their 1st championship. For many reasons - 1 of the most important is chemistry. It's dumb to break up championship chemistry, after their 1st year of winning the championship, just to try and reestablish it with new players and think you are gonna win, simply because you have AD and Bron. Last year, they had good chemistry and chemistry gets better as you understand more of a teammate. You know where to be on defensive assignments. On Offense, you know where a player's sweet spots are. Teammates can read and react better on both offensive and defensive; the offense and defense runs more smoothly. Another reason is, AD wouldn't have to work so much and also our interior defense wouldn't have suffered so much when AD went out. We had the tandem of Dwight and McGee. AD would be able to coast more. With Rondo and even bron, AD, Dwight, and McGee all got easy points on alley oops. I don't even know if we did any easy alley oops this season. Also, we lost basketball IQ, the players were more selfless and fitting to one another last year, players knew their roles...... I mean I could keep going on. Rob was dumb as hell with breaking up a championship squad, after their 1st year.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You are starting with the hypothetical 😆.

No, actually you were and I was pointing it out.

Maybe you don't know the definition to "hypothetical;" assumed by hypothesis; supposed. "Supposed" - assumed as true, regardless of fact; hypothetical.

What you said was "Rondo. Green. Dwight. JAv. Without a healthy AD same result. I don’t get why people don’t understand this simple concept." That's hypothetical, but you feel fictitious is a concept that is easy to understand. I'm telling you, it's not easy to understand when it is expressed as the truth, but it's easy to make up things that never happened and therefore we don't know the results of it, but the results are made up. That can go on forever. Hence: hypothetical beginnings lead to hypothetical endings.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:46 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I'm sure Danny Green is the difference between repeating and going home.

I never said that. I said breaking up a championship squad (which is a collection of players, not just 1), after their 1st championship is dumb.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 132 of 243
Jump to: