OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 17492

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:57 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
epic_ wrote:

If Chris threatens to opt out and not re-sign, I can see the Lakers being able to get him.



Threat: "If you do not trade me to the Lakers, I will opt out of my $41 million contract and ..."

What exactly?

Sign with the Lakers as a free agent for $6 million?

Sign with the Knicks, Spurs, OKC, Mavericks, or Raptors (which are the only teams with cap space to give him a decent contract without a sign and trade)?

Doesn't seem like too strong a threat.


Sarvar would probably be thrilled if CP3 opted out. He’s not worth 41 million.


CP3: 'I'll opt in and be fat like Harden last year til I got traded'


CP3 has his antics, but one thing I doubt he does is a pull an unprofessional Harden. It’s not in his DNA.

Reason someone like Giannis clowns Harden is despite his skill, he’s like an aloof star.
_________________
My main focus is we win, nothing else matters.
-Rajon Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 6467

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:27 am    Post subject:

Why the chatter about Paul? He is highly unlikely to opt out and be a Laker.

But there is a high likelihood he returns to another injury plagued season. Over the past five years what has been the chatter about Paul ? Injuries.

He was relatively healthy last year, I would expect him to fall off again to his normal hobbled self. The Suns played the odds and won on an aging star. You hope you get one great season out of his multi year contract. They did.

What are the odds he has another?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 57436
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Quote:
Dr. Buss, like many self-made rich guys, was cheap - especially after he almost lost the Lakers due to over-leveraging. I don't begrudge him for watching his pennies.

I'm still waiting for something to validate that statement. LINK
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 57436
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Why the chatter about Paul? He is highly unlikely to opt out and be a Laker.

But there is a high likelihood he returns to another injury plagued season. Over the past five years what has been the chatter about Paul ? Injuries.

He was relatively healthy last year, I would expect him to fall off again to his normal hobbled self. The Suns played the odds and won on an aging star. You hope you get one great season out of his multi year contract. They did.

What are the odds he has another?

That's a legitimate concern. Him opting out and signing here is not very likely. Also, there are good PGs available. I'm just wishin & hoping.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 55108

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Schroder was a (bleep) signing. I hope he does better this year. Don't just sign anyone and pray for a healthy Lebron and AD in order to win a championship.

Trez was the signing.
Dennis was a trade for Danny Green and the 28th pick.

The mistake was not going for them, IMO. The mistake was thinking either of them could be core players. We needed to establish them as the #1 bench in the league, with Kuzma. When you have THT, as well. Man, it would have been super hard for teams to make a 2nd unit vs 2nd unit run vs us. But we never went that way, and that is on the Lakers. They viewed Dennis and Trezz to an extent as big usage players with AD-Bron. Not the way it should have been. We ran so many AD-Trezz lineups as well. Ugh. We needed to run Trez-Kuz-Dennis + 2 shooters lineups (Wes-KCP maybe) and let them play small ball and run wild for about 5-7 minutes each half. And if Dennis is having a good game, close with Dennis. If he is not, you just stick with it.

Regardless I still agree with the premise that even if we bring everyone back, the team still ends up losing early in the playoffs. Lebron was hobbled going into the playoffs and AD lasted 3 games. If we had a healthy AD and Bron in the playoffs, ok. We did not. It is all moot.

Thankfully, the only longterm asset we have lost in these moves is the 28th pick, which we do not know we have yet, because we may still re-sign Dennis if plan A, B and C at the PG spot do not work out (good chance). And if we do keep Dennis, I hope we go to that same tactic they refused to do last year. Bring him off the bench to spearhead that unit and play smaller quicker and uptempo with that group. And then close with Dennis if he is playing well, with AD at the 5, Bron at the 4 etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 57436
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

IMO DS is a second unit player. We need a Rondo, CP3, Ja Morant, Damian Lillard type PG. A PG who can run the offense and also take over a game if necessary.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
laker50
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 2042

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

If Rob was smart this is what he should do:

Tell Trez if he picks up his option he will not be traded.
Stop shopping KCP and Kuzma. They were loyal soldiers.

Keep Caruso, THT, Morris, Drummond. Resign Howard.

Let DS walk if cost is not reasonable. May be stuck with him like Deng.
Let Dudley go and put in a younger project player in his place.

Keep draft pick.
Draft a PG that will spell Lebron.

Sign DeRozen at mid level exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 5274

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
If Rob was smart this is what he should do:

Tell Trez if he picks up his option he will not be traded.
Stop shopping KCP and Kuzma. They were loyal soldiers.

Keep Caruso, THT, Morris, Drummond. Resign Howard.

Let DS walk if cost is not reasonable. May be stuck with him like Deng.
Let Dudley go and put in a younger project player in his place.

Keep draft pick.
Draft a PG that will spell Lebron.

Sign DeRozen at mid level exception.


In essence, run it back, but replace DS for DDR.
And hope Alex and THT improve.
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀
I can't wait for Lakers 360° (AD, LBJ, RW)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 32042

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
If Rob was smart this is what he should do:

Tell Trez if he picks up his option he will not be traded.
Stop shopping KCP and Kuzma. They were loyal soldiers.

Keep Caruso, THT, Morris, Drummond. Resign Howard.

Let DS walk if cost is not reasonable. May be stuck with him like Deng.
Let Dudley go and put in a younger project player in his place.

Keep draft pick.
Draft a PG that will spell Lebron.

Sign DeRozen at mid level exception.



If we resign Caruso and THT, we likely would be unable to use the full MLE, so we’d only have the mMLE, starting at about $5.7 million.

I doubt Derozan will sign for that. I also doubt Drummond will sign for the minimum.

Anyone's guess is Dwight is open to returning.

So your plan is: Bring back last year's team, except possibly DS. And then hope Derozan, Drummond and Dwight are willing to come here on cheap contracts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 138686
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Schroder was a (bleep) signing. I hope he does better this year. Don't just sign anyone and pray for a healthy Lebron and AD in order to win a championship.


I don’t think it was that bad, though I would have preferred Danny Green. The mistake was promising him a starting position. I’m not sure who that one came from, but it was a failure.
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 22236
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
governator wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
activeverb wrote:
epic_ wrote:

If Chris threatens to opt out and not re-sign, I can see the Lakers being able to get him.



Threat: "If you do not trade me to the Lakers, I will opt out of my $41 million contract and ..."

What exactly?

Sign with the Lakers as a free agent for $6 million?

Sign with the Knicks, Spurs, OKC, Mavericks, or Raptors (which are the only teams with cap space to give him a decent contract without a sign and trade)?

Doesn't seem like too strong a threat.


Sarvar would probably be thrilled if CP3 opted out. He’s not worth 41 million.


CP3: 'I'll opt in and be fat like Harden last year til I got traded'


CP3 has his antics, but one thing I doubt he does is a pull an unprofessional Harden. It’s not in his DNA.

Reason someone like Giannis clowns Harden is despite his skill, he’s like an aloof star.


Also, isn't he still the President of the NBPA? Not a good look to be unprofessional to manipulate the CBA you bargained for.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LBJ23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 6296

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Schroder was a (bleep) signing. I hope he does better this year. Don't just sign anyone and pray for a healthy Lebron and AD in order to win a championship.


I don’t think it was that bad, though I would have preferred Danny Green. The mistake was promising him a starting position. I’m not sure who that one came from, but it was a failure.


Easy to say stuff after the fact VLF.

Let's see what you were saying during that championship season. Then you dissapeared for a year. Lol

Shut your ass up
_________________
Previously PG13
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 14992

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Quote:
Dr. Buss, like many self-made rich guys, was cheap - especially after he almost lost the Lakers due to over-leveraging. I don't begrudge him for watching his pennies.

I'm still waiting for something to validate that statement. LINK


How long ago did I post that? We're going back 36 years so you'll have to go behind paywalls.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1985-02-14-sp-2535-story.html

Here's a free one:

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1985/02/14/Lakers-owner-denies-hes-near-financial-collapse/1889477205200/

Quote:
LOS ANGELES -- Sports magnate Jerry Buss, owner of the Lakers, Kings and the Forum, is involved in negotiations to save his empire from bank foreclosure, it was reported Wednesday.

KCBS-TV reported Wednesday that Buss fell behind on payments to Security Pacific Bank last summer and that the establishment is considering taking over some of his holdings.


Buss denied it all, of course, and then proceeded to sell off his real estate business, The Kings, his house, the ranch he got from Jack Kent Cooke and other assets to save the Lakers & the Forum.

What really saved Buss were two things:

1) his gamble on Prime Ticket, a cable channel he co-founded in 1985 that became what is now Fox Sports West, along with

2) selling the naming rights to the Forum to Great Western S & L. That wasn't a done thing in the 80's, but Buss cashed in and started the trend in sports. (Side Note - IIRC, Jeanie had something to do with it and that singled her out as the business maven of the Buss kids).
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 14992

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject:

bumping for jodeke
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 7184

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Quote:
Dr. Buss, like many self-made rich guys, was cheap - especially after he almost lost the Lakers due to over-leveraging. I don't begrudge him for watching his pennies.

I'm still waiting for something to validate that statement. LINK


How long ago did I post that? We're going back 36 years so you'll have to go behind paywalls.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1985-02-14-sp-2535-story.html

Here's a free one:

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1985/02/14/Lakers-owner-denies-hes-near-financial-collapse/1889477205200/

Quote:
LOS ANGELES -- Sports magnate Jerry Buss, owner of the Lakers, Kings and the Forum, is involved in negotiations to save his empire from bank foreclosure, it was reported Wednesday.

KCBS-TV reported Wednesday that Buss fell behind on payments to Security Pacific Bank last summer and that the establishment is considering taking over some of his holdings.


Buss denied it all, of course, and then proceeded to sell off his real estate business, The Kings, his house, the ranch he got from Jack Kent Cooke and other assets to save the Lakers & the Forum.

What really saved Buss were two things:

1) his gamble on Prime Ticket, a cable channel he co-founded in 1985 that became what is now Fox Sports West, along with

2) selling the naming rights to the Forum to Great Western S & L. That wasn't a done thing in the 80's, but Buss cashed in and started the trend in sports. (Side Note - IIRC, Jeanie had something to do with it and that singled her out as the business maven of the Buss kids).

probably already mentioned but didnt donald sterling help him?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 14992

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Quote:
Dr. Buss, like many self-made rich guys, was cheap - especially after he almost lost the Lakers due to over-leveraging. I don't begrudge him for watching his pennies.

I'm still waiting for something to validate that statement. LINK


How long ago did I post that? We're going back 36 years so you'll have to go behind paywalls.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1985-02-14-sp-2535-story.html

Here's a free one:

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1985/02/14/Lakers-owner-denies-hes-near-financial-collapse/1889477205200/

Quote:
LOS ANGELES -- Sports magnate Jerry Buss, owner of the Lakers, Kings and the Forum, is involved in negotiations to save his empire from bank foreclosure, it was reported Wednesday.

KCBS-TV reported Wednesday that Buss fell behind on payments to Security Pacific Bank last summer and that the establishment is considering taking over some of his holdings.


Buss denied it all, of course, and then proceeded to sell off his real estate business, The Kings, his house, the ranch he got from Jack Kent Cooke and other assets to save the Lakers & the Forum.

What really saved Buss were two things:

1) his gamble on Prime Ticket, a cable channel he co-founded in 1985 that became what is now Fox Sports West, along with

2) selling the naming rights to the Forum to Great Western S & L. That wasn't a done thing in the 80's, but Buss cashed in and started the trend in sports. (Side Note - IIRC, Jeanie had something to do with it and that singled her out as the business maven of the Buss kids).

probably already mentioned but didnt donald sterling help him?


Sterling loaned him part of the money to buy the Lakers/Forum/Kern County Land in 1979. I do not know if Sterling helped him out in 1985.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 57436
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Quote:
Dr. Buss, like many self-made rich guys, was cheap - especially after he almost lost the Lakers due to over-leveraging. I don't begrudge him for watching his pennies.

I'm still waiting for something to validate that statement. LINK


How long ago did I post that? We're going back 36 years so you'll have to go behind paywalls.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1985-02-14-sp-2535-story.html

Here's a free one:

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1985/02/14/Lakers-owner-denies-hes-near-financial-collapse/1889477205200/

Quote:
LOS ANGELES -- Sports magnate Jerry Buss, owner of the Lakers, Kings and the Forum, is involved in negotiations to save his empire from bank foreclosure, it was reported Wednesday.

KCBS-TV reported Wednesday that Buss fell behind on payments to Security Pacific Bank last summer and that the establishment is considering taking over some of his holdings.


Buss denied it all, of course, and then proceeded to sell off his real estate business, The Kings, his house, the ranch he got from Jack Kent Cooke and other assets to save the Lakers & the Forum.

What really saved Buss were two things:

1) his gamble on Prime Ticket, a cable channel he co-founded in 1985 that became what is now Fox Sports West, along with

2) selling the naming rights to the Forum to Great Western S & L. That wasn't a done thing in the 80's, but Buss cashed in and started the trend in sports. (Side Note - IIRC, Jeanie had something to do with it and that singled her out as the business maven of the Buss kids).


Thank you Doc. Keep in mind. My query wasn't to instigate a debate. It's something I wanted to know.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 7064

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
If Rob was smart this is what he should do:

Tell Trez if he picks up his option he will not be traded.
Stop shopping KCP and Kuzma. They were loyal soldiers.

Keep Caruso, THT, Morris, Drummond. Resign Howard.

Let DS walk if cost is not reasonable. May be stuck with him like Deng.
Let Dudley go and put in a younger project player in his place.

Keep draft pick.
Draft a PG that will spell Lebron.

Sign DeRozen at mid level exception.


pretty sure this what Jeanie Buss prefers, no luxury tax, keeping it safe, while she can still milk LeBron and AD for $$$ but not necessarily contending for a title, just like last few years of Kobe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 8805

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
laker50 wrote:
If Rob was smart this is what he should do:

Tell Trez if he picks up his option he will not be traded.
Stop shopping KCP and Kuzma. They were loyal soldiers.

Keep Caruso, THT, Morris, Drummond. Resign Howard.

Let DS walk if cost is not reasonable. May be stuck with him like Deng.
Let Dudley go and put in a younger project player in his place.

Keep draft pick.
Draft a PG that will spell Lebron.

Sign DeRozen at mid level exception.


pretty sure this what Jeanie Buss prefers, no luxury tax, keeping it safe, while she can still milk LeBron and AD for $$$ but not necessarily contending for a title, just like last few years of Kobe


Pretty sure you're wrong about what you're pretty sure Jeanie prefers.

She's smart. She knows what lean down years are like and what parade championship years are like. She knows LeBron's lifeline will eventually end and she's going to be willing to spend to milk every drop out of the Klutch era.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 14992

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
laker50 wrote:
If Rob was smart this is what he should do:

Tell Trez if he picks up his option he will not be traded.
Stop shopping KCP and Kuzma. They were loyal soldiers.

Keep Caruso, THT, Morris, Drummond. Resign Howard.

Let DS walk if cost is not reasonable. May be stuck with him like Deng.
Let Dudley go and put in a younger project player in his place.

Keep draft pick.
Draft a PG that will spell Lebron.

Sign DeRozen at mid level exception.


pretty sure this what Jeanie Buss prefers, no luxury tax, keeping it safe, while she can still milk LeBron and AD for $$$ but not necessarily contending for a title, just like last few years of Kobe


Pretty sure you're wrong about what you're pretty sure Jeanie prefers.

She's smart. She knows what lean down years are like and what parade championship years are like. She knows LeBron's lifeline will eventually end and she's going to be willing to spend to milk every drop out of the Klutch era.


Bingo. She's going to maximize her investment in LBJ/AD.

The latter end of Kobe's career unwound because of "basketball reasons." Mitch said at the time that Stern's veto set the organization back ten years - and it pretty much did. As the boss, Jeanie did what she could to maximize revenue . . . but she understands better than anyone the correlation between winning and profit making in this market.

The Lakers are halfway through the mega Time Warner deal and winning/increased viewership triggers escalator clauses. Bottom line, the Lakers make more money by winning, even if they have to spend more to do so.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 138686
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
laker50 wrote:
If Rob was smart this is what he should do:

Tell Trez if he picks up his option he will not be traded.
Stop shopping KCP and Kuzma. They were loyal soldiers.

Keep Caruso, THT, Morris, Drummond. Resign Howard.

Let DS walk if cost is not reasonable. May be stuck with him like Deng.
Let Dudley go and put in a younger project player in his place.

Keep draft pick.
Draft a PG that will spell Lebron.

Sign DeRozen at mid level exception.


pretty sure this what Jeanie Buss prefers, no luxury tax, keeping it safe, while she can still milk LeBron and AD for $$$ but not necessarily contending for a title, just like last few years of Kobe


Pretty sure you're wrong about what you're pretty sure Jeanie prefers.

She's smart. She knows what lean down years are like and what parade championship years are like. She knows LeBron's lifeline will eventually end and she's going to be willing to spend to milk every drop out of the Klutch era.


Pelinka has said that he was told he could spend “smartly” to better the team. There is no blank check.
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 5219

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
2019 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
laker50 wrote:
If Rob was smart this is what he should do:

Tell Trez if he picks up his option he will not be traded.
Stop shopping KCP and Kuzma. They were loyal soldiers.

Keep Caruso, THT, Morris, Drummond. Resign Howard.

Let DS walk if cost is not reasonable. May be stuck with him like Deng.
Let Dudley go and put in a younger project player in his place.

Keep draft pick.
Draft a PG that will spell Lebron.

Sign DeRozen at mid level exception.
pretty sure this what Jeanie Buss prefers, no luxury tax, keeping it safe, while she can still milk LeBron and AD for $$$ but not necessarily contending for a title, just like last few years of Kobe
Pretty sure you're wrong about what you're pretty sure Jeanie prefers.

She's smart. She knows what lean down years are like and what parade championship years are like. She knows LeBron's lifeline will eventually end and she's going to be willing to spend to milk every drop out of the Klutch era.
Pelinka has said that he was told he could spend “smartly” to better the team. There is no blank check.
Good thing Rob is very good at what he does on possibly getting Westbrook or Hild (2nd choice) that will not hard-cap the team. (https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/263512/Russell-Westbrook-Seeks-Trade-As-Wizards-Lakers-Discuss-Deal)

Imagine (nope, there already a large number of veterans that will join a LBJ/AD/Westbrook-led Lakers. If AD2 wants a ring with 3 HOGers, he has the opportunity. AD2/Gasol/AD at the 5 - OMG!!

TNT will continue to expand his game and Caruso will be Caruso!!

Hopefully Morris and Matthews will rejoin the team - if not, there are many other quality veterans that will jump at the opportunity

Imagine the ratings of a Nets - Lakers Finals!!

~ Everybody stop drooling - lol!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 5274

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Alright Rob, can't wait to see what you do in free agency.
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀
I can't wait for Lakers 360° (AD, LBJ, RW)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 18048

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Another executive of the year level performance for Pelinka.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 22236
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject:

Whether you love or hate his moves... I just love the fact that he swings every summer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142  Next
Page 138 of 142
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB