OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Hield is also shooting 36% from three this season. He hasn't hit 40% in three seasons. His scoring and three point shooting percentage has dropped in each of the past few seasons. He's the worst defender in the Kings core, and is playing less than 29 minutes for a bad Kings team.
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Rob is doing a fine job. Tragic left the team in disarray and Rob not only picked up the pieces but put together a Championship team. Had AD not gone down in game 4 vs Suns, Lakers would be going for a 3-peat this season.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Hield is also shooting 36% from three this season. He hasn't hit 40% in three seasons. His scoring and three point shooting percentage has dropped in each of the past few seasons. He's the worst defender in the Kings core, and is playing less than 29 minutes for a bad Kings team.

Lol he missed out on 40% by .09 and .06 points. He's simply not a 40% shooter!
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Saying it for the past 2 years, Most overrated GM.

Got extremely lucky with Rondo, Dwight and Kieff in the 1st year. he thought that was his skill. It was not

What do you expect not being mentored for the position? Jerry West was mentored by Bill Sherman. Mitch was mentored by Jerry West. We could have brought in Jerry West to mentor Rob, but Jeanie objected not to. He went in green and still is. He is learning on the fly and it doesn't help that they won a championship because it says he is doing a good job, when in actuality, he isn't.

The idea that someone needs to be "mentored" for the job is an antiquated concept.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Got extremely lucky with Rondo, Dwight and Kieff in the 1st year. he thought that was his skill. It was not

What do you expect not being mentored for the position? Jerry West was mentored by Bill Sherman. Mitch was mentored by Jerry West. We could have brought in Jerry West to mentor Rob, but Jeanie objected not to. He went in green and still is. He is learning on the fly and it doesn't help that they won a championship because it says he is doing a good job, when in actuality, he isn't.

The idea that someone needs to be "mentored" for the job is an antiquated concept.

True, but for a position like Rob's it would be essential to be; especially from a great GM like Jerry West.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Tell that to the better franchises from the past 4-5 seasons. Mentored GMs included GS, Phoenix, Clippers and Bucks. Good owners don’t spend billions on their franchises and then let personnel execs sink or swim.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Username wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Tell that to the better franchises from the past 4-5 seasons. Mentored GMs included GS, Phoenix, Clippers and Bucks.

Better business individuals do so. The ones that don't care about the product, but rather the money coming in, don't; ala Knicks. Jeanie is just naive and treating the Lakers like a mom and pop shop; hiring "who she knows, not what they know."
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Username wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Tell that to the better franchises from the past 4-5 seasons. Mentored GMs included GS, Phoenix, Clippers and Bucks. Good owners don’t spend billions on their franchises and then let personnel execs sink or swim.

lol..try harder

bucks
lakers
raptors
warriors
warriors
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:

As a general rule, maybe. However, if the person in question has no front office experience, they probably do need a mentor. On the other hand, if someone has worked for 10 years as an assistant GM or in some similar position, they should have learned enough to handle the job without a mentor. I don't think that being a player agent provides that sort of experience.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Username wrote:

As a general rule, maybe. However, if the person in question has no front office experience, they probably do need a mentor. On the other hand, if someone has worked for 10 years as an assistant GM or in some similar position, they should have learned enough to handle the job without a mentor. I don't think that being a player agent provides that sort of experience.

Someone working for 10 years as an assistant GM would have been mentored.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

He's no Mitch. Sure Mitch was antiquated in some ways, but imagine if he didn't get screwed over in the CP3 trade.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
He's no Mitch. Sure Mitch was antiquated in some ways, but imagine if he didn't get screwed over in the CP3 trade.

I think that Mitch building relationships got him in the front office, but he was mentored by Jerry West for 10+ years before becoming the GM.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject:

RobtheGenius. He plays 3d chess when everyone playing 2D. Maybe he is building roster for some other game when everyone building it for Basketball
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
RobtheGenius. He plays 3d chess when everyone playing 2D. Maybe he is building roster for some other game when everyone building it for Basketball

3d chess AKA Nba 2k myGM.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject:

Rob is giving up the farm to try to win with Lebron today.
The Westbrook trade was too steep for it gave away an elite defense.
The owners have to make some changes to control
Pelinka before it is too late.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

I know this may not be popular on LG, but I think Jeanie should bring Magic Johnson back. Give him some position with enough power check Rob and his horrendous decisions, because it's clear that Rob's annual dismantling of this roster is the main cause for our .500 performance. This would also help Rob, as I don't see that Magic will be as placative to Lebron and Klutch.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject:

It was piss poor asset management to trade that much for Westbrook.

Especially bad to include a pick…don’t care if it was Pelinka or LeGM, just piss poor asset management and they have been paying for it.

Another terrible move was not getting compensation for Caruso. Just really bad asset management all around.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
I know this may not be popular on LG, but I think Jeanie should bring Magic Johnson back. Give him some position with enough power check Rob and his horrendous decisions, because it's clear that Rob's annual dismantling of this roster is the main cause for our .500 performance. This would also help Rob, as I don't see that Magic will be as placative to Lebron and Klutch.

There are actual experienced NBA execs out there that Jeanie could turn to.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
troy wrote:

But I think if she hires an "outside" NBA exec, she's sending a clear signal that she's undermining Rob, and I get the impression that she's too nice to do that. Bringing back Magic, even as a consultant, is easier for Rob to digest since Magic was there before Rob and Magic is close to Jeanie and the Buss family.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
troy wrote:

But I think if she hires an "outside" NBA exec, she's sending a clear signal that she's undermining Rob, and I get the impression that she's too nice to do that. Bringing back Magic, even as a consultant, is easier for Rob to digest since Magic was there before Rob and Magic is close to Jeanie and the Buss family.

You are probably correct and I wouldn’t expect her to reach beyond her sphere of comfort. That is part of the reason that many of us assumed that the Lakers we grew up with would go with the passing of Dr. Buss.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Username wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

lol..try harder

bucks
lakers
raptors
warriors
warriors

All teams on there but the Lakers had mentored GMs. Horst worked under Hammond for 10 years. Ujiri was an assistant GM in Toronto, then hired as GM in Denver, then returned as GM in Toronto. Meyers was mentored by West.

Rob got a team that already had Lebron and trade for AD was already in motion. Season stoppage gave him a fully rested Lebron/AD, who got a second training camp at the house of the guy with a Staples replica while the rest of the league was stopped from training together. We're seeing the real Rob as GM now.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

Sure - have the blind lead the blind - thanks for the laugh
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
troy wrote:

I think Magic would be worse than Rob.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
troy wrote:

I think Magic would be worse than Rob.

Absolutely. That's not really saying much though.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
troy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
troy wrote:

You are probably correct and I wouldn’t expect her to reach beyond her sphere of comfort. That is part of the reason that many of us assumed that the Lakers we grew up with would go with the passing of Dr. Buss.

I don't think she’s capable of identifying a talented GM. If Rob steps down or gets fired there’s only one candidate for the spot and he’s already right down the hall from Jeanie.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 163 of 243
Jump to: