OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
We don’t know much about Rob because this is a Klutch organization.

All we know about Rob is that he works his ass off and is a former agent that seems to have players’ respect. He probably does all the grinding work for Klutch, which is still valuable because I’m guessing cap management and knowing all the rules is probably not something Klutch is too interested in...but it’s obvious Lebron and AD heavily influence all personnel decisions.

Crazy right and they're our two stars. Unheard of in the league.

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing lol.
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Letting go of Howard and DG was a huge mistake. And then trading for this primadonna Schroeder who is a terrible fit for the team. I don't want to see anymore moves from him. He's like Magic 2.0. Well, now we have no young talents left for him to throw away so I guess he couldn't possibly screw up that badly. Or could he?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Letting go of Howard and DG was a huge mistake. I don't want to see anymore moves from him. He's like Magic 2.0. Well, now we have no young talents left for him to throw away so I guess he couldn't possibly screw up that badly. Or could he?

I’m not really that upset about losing Danny Green as much as I am with losing Howard, yeah Howard might have lost a step this year.. but he still could have made a bigger difference then guys like Drummond and Gasol.
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Letting go of Howard and DG was a huge mistake. I don't want to see anymore moves from him. He's like Magic 2.0. Well, now we have no young talents left for him to throw away so I guess he couldn't possibly screw up that badly. Or could he?

I’m not really that upset about losing Danny Green as much as I am with losing Howard, yeah Howard might have lost a step this year.. but he still could have made a bigger difference then guys like Drummond and Gasol.

We were hurt. We dominated when healthy. He wouldn’t have been playable when bron and ad were hurt
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Letting go of Howard and DG was a huge mistake. And then trading for this primadonna Schroeder who is a terrible fit for the team. I don't want to see anymore moves from him. He's like Magic 2.0. Well, now we have no young talents left for him to throw away so I guess he couldn't possibly screw up that badly. Or could he?

Not necessarily directing this at just you, but why don’t folks realize dude isn’t the 2nd iteration of Magic at the head of basketball ops...he is Magic.

Unless you sincerely believe Magic was the CBA head of the group and worked in clearing cap, Rob seems to be that day to day dude putting in the work to get the numbers to work. Imho Magic was the dude to give the final yes or no to trade options that hit his table. Magic was just a figure head, while Rob was supposed to be the cap head (no Jimbo).

Anyways, we are in this position for a reason. We relied on Bron/AD’s brilliance last year after they had 4 months of reCOVIDry. Had we used up our hoarded cap space for 2 max players and then used our young assets to deal for AD, we would have had our triad of playmakers to help manage each of their loads. Instead our cap management was a missed opportunity.

No 🧢, we didn’t know cap.
Mark10 45
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Not necessarily directing this at just you, but why don’t folks realize dude isn’t the 2nd iteration of Magic at the head of basketball ops...he is Magic.

Unless you sincerely believe Magic was the CBA head of the group and worked in clearing cap, Rob seems to be that day to day dude putting in the work to get the numbers to work. Imho Magic was the dude to give the final yes or no to trade options that hit his table. Magic was just a figure head, while Rob was supposed to be the cap head (no Jimbo).

Anyways, we are in this position for a reason. We relied on Bron/AD’s brilliance last year after they had 4 months of reCOVIDry. Had we used up our hoarded cap space for 2 max players and then used our young assets to deal for AD, we would have had our triad of playmakers to help manage each of their loads. Instead our cap management was a missed opportunity.

No 🧢, we didn’t know cap.

We got the ring though... year 1 we got the ring.. I wouldn’t acquire AD a different way now looking back on it - because he managed to stay healthy enough to get us the ring - there’s no guarantee if we waited for him in FA, that he would have been healthy this year that he’s on our team.. you get me - the way that we did it worked, and it’s never guaranteed to work with injury prone players..look at these playoffs across the league .

Last edited by Mark10 45 on Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject:

@Mark: And I wouldn’t trade the ring either. It’s the setup for 17+ and utilizing Bron’s window efficiently in getting their ASAP that is concerning me at the moment.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

We were hurt. We dominated when healthy. He wouldn’t have been playable when bron and ad were hurt

why do you keep saying we dominated when healthy when you know we played easiest schedule and took multiple OT to beat teams like CAVS and DET
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

why do you keep saying we dominated when healthy when you know we played easiest schedule and took multiple OT to beat teams like CAVS and DET

I just go by stats, record our domination on the road
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Last year's team had a higher win percentage than this year's team. Account for injuries and all, last year's team was still better.
Mark10 45
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Last year's team had a higher win percentage than this year's team. Account for injuries and all, last year's team was still better.

Because AD was better, because this year he was too banged up. First half of last season he was the best defensive player I’ve witnessed with my own eyes.. and then in the bubble he was a scoring machine. This year he came out slow(banged up) , then Bron went down. I think our roster and upside were better this year
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

I just go by stats, record our domination on the road

okkkk. Domination?
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Mark10 45 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Because AD was better, because this year he was too banged up. First half of last season he was the best defensive player I’ve witnessed with my own eyes.. and then in the bubble he was a scoring machine. This year he came out slow(banged up) , then Bron went down. I think our roster and upside were better this year

As a Team we were better last year. This year we have more talent hat doesn't fit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135
Page 135 of 135
Jump to: