OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:09 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
It's clear that Rob needs help. After considering it, maybe I've been too hard on him. No one really knows who is making decisions in this Lakers organization.

That's true. But without question the Lakers FO has made a lot of bad decisions -- whether that's because Rob is a poor decision-maker or Rob is powerless and forced to make decisions by others is anyone's guess. Either way, I am hard pressed to see any benefit he brings to the organization.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:23 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
It's clear that Rob needs help. After considering it, maybe I've been too hard on him. No one really knows who is making decisions in this Lakers organization.

I've been saying this for months.
Who's in charge? What's the hierarchy here?

Jeanie has the final word? Rob takes all the decisions to her? Or to the Rambii? Does Rob have some freedom to make decisions on his own?

This organization is a joke. SMH
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:10 am    Post subject:

I gave Rob a lot of the benefit of the doubt early on, and he was technically the GM when we won in 2020. But then he started taking what worked (2020 style team) apart. I was ok with last year's construction (which is miles of ahead of this team), but this year's team is an abject failure. Put together a bunch of guys that do not work for his coach, and absolutely decimated depth with the Russ trade.

Even then, he then staffed the rest of the roster with too many old players and here we are. He really won't have too much to work with next offseason either, especially if they somehow keep Monk with just the MMLE. Then it's basically the same team returning, another year older, and you'll have to use minimum deals to fill out the rest of the roster.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject:

The signs were there though.

Ever since rob took the gm role, you can point to something amateurish the lakers have dones in terms of moves each offseason.

Lebron, AD and a championship just drew away attention until rob solidified it with the westbrook trade.

Even how the FO acquired Lebron and AD isn't a good way to acquire stars.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

This clown and this thread should get lit yet its bron thread 😂

2 offseason 2 90% roster changes
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Rob must go. been saying this for 2 years. That title was a fluke. He has no idea what he is doing
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I gave Rob a lot of the benefit of the doubt early on, and he was technically the GM when we won in 2020. But then he started taking what worked (2020 style team) apart. I was ok with last year's construction (which is miles of ahead of this team), but this year's team is an abject failure. Put together a bunch of guys that do not work for his coach, and absolutely decimated depth with the Russ trade.

Even then, he then staffed the rest of the roster with too many old players and here we are. He really won't have too much to work with next offseason either, especially if they somehow keep Monk with just the MMLE. Then it's basically the same team returning, another year older, and you'll have to use minimum deals to fill out the rest of the roster.

I have a feeling we'll be looking at last offseason with the same rosy sunglasses. The shine on the AD/Lebron combo is gone, and if Russ is still here?? There's zero "ring chasing" cachet. You thought this year's FAs were washed up/worthless? Wait till you see next season's. Our scouting department is going to have to unearth a some more gems in the undrafted/G-league class, because Rob's ability to find even a rotation quality player on the FA market is questionable at best.

Look at the guys he signed:

Deandre
Nunn
Ariza
Monk
Ellington
Bazemore
Melo
Dwight
Rondo

a whopping 3 of those guys are in our current rotation. And you have to wonder how many playoff teams would actually play Melo right now. Meanwhile our scouting department found Gabriel, Johnson and Reaves. Someone please explain to me why Rob (or Rambis) has any kind of sway on personnel moves. Almost straight Fs across the board except for the C- signing of Dwight and the B+ Monk signing.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:12 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I have a feeling we'll be looking at last offseason with the same rosy sunglasses. The shine on the AD/Lebron combo is gone, and if Russ is still here?? There's zero "ring chasing" cachet. You thought this year's FAs were washed up/worthless? Wait till you see next season's. Our scouting department is going to have to unearth a some more gems in the undrafted/G-league class, because Rob's ability to find even a rotation quality player on the FA market is questionable at best.

Look at the guys he signed:

Deandre
Nunn
Ariza
Monk
Ellington
Bazemore
Melo
Dwight
Rondo

a whopping 3 of those guys are in our current rotation. And you have to wonder how many playoff teams would actually play Melo right now. Meanwhile our scouting department found Gabriel, Johnson and Reaves. Someone please explain to me why Rob (or Rambis) has any kind of sway on personnel moves. Almost straight Fs across the board except for the C- signing of Dwight and the B+ Monk signing.

ALL those guys are over 30, except for Nunn and Monk

WTF was he thinking
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Melo to bron - "You the GM......."

Hopefully rob stays and takes back full control like he did prior 3 years.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Meanwhile our scouting department found Gabriel, Johnson and Reaves.

I'm not sure why you assume our scouting found Gabriel and Johnson. Johnson is a journeyman who has been in the league for 7 years. Gabriel has been bouncing around for the last couple of years.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Melo to bron - "You the GM......."

Hopefully rob stays and takes back full control like he did prior 3 years.

Bruh????

You’re looking at this halfknife. You need to stick that MFer all the way in and cut this dude out our bball ops fully.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Don't forget that we don't control our 1st for the next three years and no worthwhile free agent is goin to sign here with the existing leadership structure.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Don't forget that we don't control our 1st for the next three years and no worthwhile free agent is goin to sign here with the existing leadership structure.

I hear you. The pick swaps are a relatively small but meaningful concession, but were they really necessary to get the deal done? Who else was offering that many FRPs to begin with?

On the other hand, they kept Rob from trading away any more FRPs this year so we got that going for us.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:06 am    Post subject:

First to be fired after Vogel. Time to reshape the franchise.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:18 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

More like sell... She only hires from her comfort zone, familiar faces. That's why Phil Jackson was hanging around. She started asking him for advice already. PJ too old to want this, so I hope he doesn't give her self-serving advice.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:21 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

Do you trust Jeanie to hire another GM? I don't.

She'll hire a familiar face with "Lakers connections"
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:05 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

No I don't but what choice do I have other than hope it will be good decision.
She will not sell the team. Never going to happen.
I am Laker fan and I hope for the best. If I can choose I would go with another owner but that is dream so lets move from that.
We have to believe she will choose good.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:48 am    Post subject:

Vogel has been bad.

Russ has been bad.

AD/LBJ have been injured.

But Rob is the architect of all this. Over the course of 2 seasons, he completely deconstructed the 2020 archetype that worked for us into whatever we are now. IIRC the Mavs were the last championship team that completely deconstructed their team after a ring. But this was self-inflicted. Mavs IIRC didn't want to pay big extensions for some of their older vets (and let guys like Tyson Chandler go). But what was our excuse?

In retrospect, our team last year is way better than this year's team, including all the gripes against Denns/Trezz/Drummond/Marc. Any other franchise, he is in hot water and probably close to be fired. But not on the Lakers because he was Kobe's agent.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

She is worried about getting thrown by her siblings so she will keep an yes man like Rob who is a yes man
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject:

Going from a young or in prime athletic roster around AD/Bron, especially old Bron, to this.

I mean we had Kuzma (26), KCP (28), Caruso (27), Trez (28). None of those guys are stars, but they are all 4 starting level or elite bench type of guys. Mainly they are proven NBA level role players in their athletic prime. You could always rely on Kuz to step up when Bron or AD was out to get you 20 points. You could rely on KCP for high effort D, and sometimes a lot of 3s. Caruso, we all know what we brought, in terms of effort, athletic plays etc. Trez was not a good fit, but at least he was a go to scorert off the bench that could get you 15-20 when we needed it.

Most important, those guys played defense for Vogel, and respected the coach.

This Westbrook move is the #1 reason Pelinka AND Klutch need to be given a lot less power/weight. I don't know who made the final call, or who was the one that made the strong argument for it. It could be anywone in the FO. In the end though, anyone involved in this trade deserves blame.

I'll say this for who blame and want Vogel gone. Don't be surprised if like KCP, Kuz, Caruso, when Vogel gets another gig he proves to be a major asset. He had proven himself like those guys had. We did him a major disservice with a) the BS lame duck extension and b) BS roster 100% reliant on a big 3 that never really came to fruit.

Essentially after Pelinka fires Vogel in May, the Lakers would have destroyed every non-AD/Bron important element of that special 19-20 team that won a ring. All the way from Vogel, to Caruso, to KCP, to everyone really. I get letting old guys ike Rondo, Dwight etc go, but I don't get the moves we made outside of that.

I still remember game 6 Miami Heat/Lakers Finals. Lakers came off a tough loss. Looked a little stagnant on defense and O in game 5. Spo was doing a good job. Vogel inserts Caruso into the starting 5. We have some of the best defensive energy we've ever seen, and great cutting and movement on offense. Caruso/KCP/Green and AD/Bron at the 5/4. Why the hell weren't those 5 given a chance to repeat? (bleep).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:11 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
troy wrote:

That's true. But without question the Lakers FO has made a lot of bad decisions -- whether that's because Rob is a poor decision-maker or Rob is powerless and forced to make decisions by others is anyone's guess. Either way, I am hard pressed to see any benefit he brings to the organization.

This is a joke. A joke.

The Lakers have progressively gotten worse since the Championship.

This falls on the Rob. He needs to go.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:15 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Going from a young or in prime athletic roster around AD/Bron, especially old Bron, to this.

I mean we had Kuzma (26), KCP (28), Caruso (27), Trez (28). None of those guys are stars, but they are all 4 starting level or elite bench type of guys. Mainly they are proven NBA level role players in their athletic prime. You could always rely on Kuz to step up when Bron or AD was out to get you 20 points. You could rely on KCP for high effort D, and sometimes a lot of 3s. Caruso, we all know what we brought, in terms of effort, athletic plays etc. Trez was not a good fit, but at least he was a go to scorert off the bench that could get you 15-20 when we needed it.

Most important, those guys played defense for Vogel, and respected the coach.

Play-in (lottery any prior season). First round exit.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:36 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
activeverb wrote:
troy wrote:

This is a joke. A joke.

The Lakers have progressively gotten worse since the Championship.

This falls on the Rob. He needs to go.

Or maybe the championship year was advantageous. People keep refusing to acknowledge that it was a huge help to a then pretty elite bron who the previous year led us to the lottery.
this is brons 4th year here
lotto/ no - AD
Ring w-AD
Play in/1st round exit w-AD
TBD w-AD
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject:

I supported Pelinka even after last season ended the way it did, despite some of the head scratching moves. But his actions this offseason have changed my opinion completely. He should go.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 184 of 243
Jump to: