The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1561, 1562, 1563 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Frank Vogel: “It’s tough to lose Dennis when you’re not trying to overdo LeBron’s usage from a point guard standpoint."

Exactly what I said before the game. We were awful and deserved the loss, but it was really bad luck to lose Dennis of all people.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Frank Vogel: “It’s tough to lose Dennis when you’re not trying to overdo LeBron’s usage from a point guard standpoint."

Exactly what I said before the game. We were awful and deserved the loss, but it was really bad luck to lose Dennis of all people.

Guess what, we won’t have DS tomorrow either
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

He's still hurt. At 36, injuries don't heal as fast. I feel like this year is our best chance at another championship with this group. Next year, Lebron is just gonna degrade further and our team is utter garbage without Lebron.

We need to lay everything on the line this year. Everyone must give it their all one last go. After this year, we might go back to the days of rebuilding and retooling.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:

Then maybe Vogel could have helped the playmaking by putting in the Center that can pass and playmake and get the offense moving instead of Kief.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
He's still hurt. At 36, injuries don't heal as fast. I feel like this year is our best chance at another championship with this group. Next year, Lebron is just gonna degrade further and our team is utter garbage without Lebron.

We need to lay everything on the line this year. Everyone must give it their all one last go. After this year, we might go back to the days of rebuilding and retooling.

Not worth getting him more hurt.

We are in a no-win situation here because of Solomon (bleep) Hill
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Well so far the “Thunderstorm” that was coming has been more of a drizzle.

Eight games left.

Will James or any others show some passion or urgency. Or is this it?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Well so far the “Thunderstorm” that was coming has been more of a drizzle.

Eight games left.

Will James or any others show some passion or urgency. Or is this it?

Thunderstorms for us maybe, they were ringing down 3s
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:18 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Not worth getting him more hurt.

We are in a no-win situation here because of Solomon (bleep) Hill

Durant/Westbrook/Harden/Ibaka couldn’t stop LeBron. The Splash Brothers + Draymond couldn’t stop LeBron. Duncan/Kawhi couldn’t stop LeBron. Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo, and Eric Spoelstra couldn’t stop LeBron.

Only Solomon Hill could stop LeBron.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:23 am    Post subject:

Man, I feel for Bron. he's nowhere close to ready, but there's just too much riding on this season to just pack it in. and this is all new territory for him as far as severity of injury

I don't think the ankle just needs reps, it won't be manageable most likely for close to a year since the initial injury. I'm not a doctor, but if we're talking soft tissue, it takes a LONG TIME to start feeling "normal". Damn near a year for my torn labrum. Given, I'm not lebron or have his access to medical care, but I did have surgery.

Basically, I'm not counting lebron out permanently, but he might be done for this season... As far as playing the way we're used to seeing him.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:26 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
Man, I feel for Bron. he's nowhere close to ready, but there's just too much riding on this season to just pack it in. and this is all new territory for him as far as severity of injury

I don't think the ankle just needs reps, it won't be manageable most likely for close to a year since the initial injury. I'm not a doctor, but if we're talking soft tissue, it takes a LONG TIME to start feeling "normal". Damn near a year for my torn labrum. Given, I'm not lebron or have his access to medical care, but I did have surgery.

Basically, I'm not counting lebron out permanently, but he might be done for this season... As far as playing the way we're used to seeing him.

Might aswell call it a season then. We don't have a shot if he can't go all out.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:34 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

Yeah you can tell he's being very passive. He drove to the rim once last night, often doing everything possible to pass out of contact. When he came down after his early layup, he landed very gingerly as opposed to his usual hard stops. Playing to avoid injury is how one injures another area. Just sucks to watch given this team's apparent reliance on him.
Lebron should be able to play a CP3 type role in this situation, but AD is playing like crap and giving us very little offensively.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject:

Why did Lebron have to make that comment about the play-in tournament? Now he's getting a ton of hate for the "convenient timing" of his criticism.

Watching this team play basketball is hard enough. No more controversy please
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Why did Lebron have to make that comment about the play-in tournament? Now he's getting a ton of hate for the "convenient timing" of his criticism.

Watching this team play basketball is hard enough. No more controversy please

bron has always risen to the occasion. My only qualm is him saying his ankle is sore. he was stutter stepping pre game catching "football" passes. I get the stress of a full game is worse but optically it feels a bit off.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject:

He doesn’t trust his ankle fully yet. Gonna be awhile before he looks like himself again...just like the hip injury. It was like 5 weeks or so AFTER he came back from that injury that he finally started to look like himself again.

Unfortunately we don’t have time. Shroedor out too? Damn just isn’t our year.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

Uggh. From the Schroder thread. Translation of a German article, which quotes Schroder as saying that he and LeBron aren't vaccinated. Very disappointing if true.

https://twitter.com/ycsnow23/status/1389249713979920386?s=21
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Uggh. From the Schroder thread. Translation of a German article, which quotes Schroder as saying that he and LeBron aren't vaccinated. Very disappointing if true.

https://twitter.com/ycsnow23/status/1389249713979920386?s=21

Actually what is more disappointing is Schroder disclosing this likely against LeBron’s wishes. If he really told the entire world that Bron has yet to get vaccinated this season is over. The heat Bron will get will be huge. Why would he betray a teammate like that? If true, goodbye Dennis and goodbye season cause no way this doesn’t destroy what little chemistry they have.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject:

Damn you Rob Pelinka.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

Still not betting against the King. He has always risen against adversity. He's not going to pass on his opportunity to become the GOAT.

Only way pass the adversity is through it. He's gotta play and the team around him has to play with more energy/effort than any team they go against. I think they will & I think he will too.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

Lebron will transform into THE ONE once the playoffs start and will easily handle all opposition. Go black neo!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers star LeBron James will miss tonight’s back-to-back vs. Denver with sore right ankle, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. His status is uncertain as of now for the next game, Thursday vs. Clippers.

Makes sense. With Schroder also out, tonight becomes an unwatchable game.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

Lebron is out tonight.

Quote:
Lakers star LeBron James will miss tonight’s back-to-back vs. Denver with sore right ankle, sources tell

. His status is uncertain as of now for the next game, Thursday vs. Clippers.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

Going to bed early tonight. Not watching another 9PM (bleep) show
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject:

Welp, I think I've accepted that we will have to get in the playoffs via play in tourney. I hope we're able to float in the 7-8 seed so we only have to win one game to make it.

With LeBron not at 100% (missing tonight) and Schroder out the rest of the RS, this is damning. Hopefully AD can get some rhythm back during this time. I'm not concerned about LeBron's rhythm, just his health.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Welp, I think I've accepted that we will have to get in the playoffs via play in tourney. I hope we're able to float in the 7-8 seed so we only have to win one game to make it.

With LeBron not at 100% (missing tonight) and Schroder out the rest of the RS, this is damning. Hopefully AD can get some rhythm back during this time. I'm not concerned about LeBron's rhythm, just his health.

AD has been out of rhythm almost all season long, it would be surprising if he all of a sudden got his mojo back, he hasn’t been all that good this season, dealing with nagging injuries and vice versa.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject:

Tonight's game is going to tell us a lot about whether this team will be a contender or not.

Not necessarily that we have our full squad, but rather they have a competitive spirit. If they crumple like a cheap lawn chair, then yes, maybe we are doomed. If they fight, and even if they can't win, that shows we aren't out until we are out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1561, 1562, 1563 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1562 of 2079
Jump to: