The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1567, 1568, 1569 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
From what I’m gathering, LeBron is good enough to play but he doesn’t feel good enough to play. He’s not where he wants to be and is not playing. Medically he could be out there but he would like to be much closer to 100%. If he’s medically cleared then I can see that possibly being a bit problematic because we’re losing and a 50% Bron is better than no LeBron. For him, it’s not good enough.

If LeBron is good enough to play and the ankle is stable enough, he must play. He's supposed to be our leader, and we're supposed to be starting to round into shape right now.

I think regardless of what level LBJ is at physically, he must have had a chat with the rest of the team and everyone's on the same page. He is the ultimate chemistry guy
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Going to have a chat and see how LBJ is feeling on Saturday.

Ward - https://twitter.com/ryanwardla/status/1390828664124628995?s=21
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject:

In Bron's 3 seasons as a Laker, he will now have had 2 injury plagued seasons out of 3, which he never had in his career prior to becoming a Laker. Going forward, Lakers just can't solely rely on Bron as the lead playmaker on offense and might have to cut Bron's minutes to 28-30 mpg at age 37 next season. AD needs to take that next step as "the guy" in order to take the burden off of Bron or risk completely riding Bron into the ground.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
In Bron's 3 seasons as a Laker, he will now have had 2 injury plagued seasons out of 3, which he never had in his career prior to becoming a Laker. Going forward, Lakers just can't solely rely on Bron as the lead playmaker on offense and might have to cut Bron's minutes to 28-30 mpg at age 37 next season. AD needs to take that next step as "the guy" in order to take the burden off of Bron or risk completely riding Bron into the ground.

Problem is AD is more injury prone than Lebron. Really not sure how will they land a 3rd guy at this point.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:

This is why it's so important to re-sign DS and THT this offseason. Those two can really take the scoring and playmaking load off LeBron, especially during the regular season.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

So what happened to him not showing up to the game?? Frank stated not medically related??
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
TDRock wrote:

So what happened to him not showing up to the game?? Frank stated not medically related??

It’s not a conspiracy, he’s getting constant treatment, I am sure.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Frank really should have just said he staying at home to rest his ankle. Because he was staying at home to rest his ankle. There was no other grand conspiracy but Frank’s first reply made it seem like there was.
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Keep resting Lebron. Don't care if Lakers lose more games
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

MikeTrout wrote:

Stupid common. He's not vacationing. He's trying to let a injured ankle heal
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
MikeTrout wrote:

Stupid common. He's not vacationing. He's trying to let a injured ankle heal

Keep resting it to heal. Losing right now doesn't matter
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
From what I’m gathering, LeBron is good enough to play but he doesn’t feel good enough to play. He’s not where he wants to be and is not playing. Medically he could be out there but he would like to be much closer to 100%. If he’s medically cleared then I can see that possibly being a bit problematic because we’re losing and a 50% Bron is better than no LeBron. For him, it’s not good enough.

If LeBron is good enough to play and the ankle is stable enough, he must play. He's supposed to be our leader, and we're supposed to be starting to round into shape right now.

I think regardless of what level LBJ is at physically, he must have had a chat with the rest of the team and everyone's on the same page. He is the ultimate chemistry guy

Doesn’t really matter if “everyone is on the same page” does that it?

Who is going to be critical or say anything if they disagree? Including coaches. It would mean for a short Laker career.

Part of why there was a cryptic response by Vogel as to why wasn’t he at the game. What would Vogel do? Fine him? Make him do sprints? This is James’ world, we just get to witness, remember?

This is actually about what I expected when the Lakers chose to go this path. James has a lot of mileage on the body. Over 60,000 career mins. Hard competitive mins. The body does not hold up or recover as quickly.

I expected one two serious runs at a championship. Winning last year was a beautiful thrilling outcome. But now we see just how much they can rely on his health and motivation. First year was a lost year when he shut it down because he didn’t believe he could win with the young team. This year I’m assuming Klutch is discussing the business decision behind trying to win this year in light of the chemistry issues. Losing in the play-in or early round would tarnish the brand. We will see what they decide.

The next couple years will be annual rebuilds. Can they get one more season of the right combination of talent, health, and roster chemistry? We will see.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

Who is going to be critical or say anything if they disagree? Including coaches. It would mean for a short Laker career.

Part of why there was a cryptic response by Vogel as to why wasn’t he at the game. What would Vogel do? Fine him? Make him do sprints? This is James’ world, we just get to witness, remember?

This is actually about what I expected when the Lakers chose to go this path. James has a lot of mileage on the body. Over 60,000 career mins. Hard competitive mins. The body does not hold up or recover as quickly.

I expected one two serious runs at a championship. Winning last year was a beautiful thrilling outcome. But now we see just how much they can rely on his health and motivation. First year was a lost year when he shut it down because he didn’t believe he could win with the young team. This year I’m assuming Klutch is discussing the business decision behind trying to win this year in light of the chemistry issues. Losing in the play-in or early round would tarnish the brand. We will see what they decide.

The next couple years will be annual rebuilds. Can they get one more season of the right combination of talent, health, and roster chemistry? We will see.

I found Skip Bayless' LG account.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject:

My guy needs to at least show up to games and support his teammates.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

Vogel’s comments were not cryptic. They were matter of fact. To say something cryptically would be to insinuate ambiguity or doubt in him. If anything he clearly wanted to diffuse any possible narrative of why Lebron was not at the game and allow the media to run with that story line. ESPN is basically running TMZ articles at this point - it’s embarrassing journalism.

For Lebron, I imagine a player of his skill level doesn’t need the ambitions of his coaches or disciplinary actions to warrant buy in. He’s chasing legacy - he doesn’t have many more chances to win a championship. Hell - this could be his last good chance. Fear of the end - is a much powerful motivator - than suicides. To be frank - if you have to motivate Lebron, then the end is here. I don’t think that’s the case here. I think you have someone who is actually pretty pissed off.

Pissed that he won a championship and had basically no celebration, no parade. He was given 2 months to enjoy it before everyone moved on. You have someone who flat out has been out for 6 weeks on an injury on a non basketball play. Solomon Hill at the very least should have been suspended or fined for that play. Most importantly, you have the media and now even Lakers fans saying it’s a washed season when just 2 months ago - he WAS the MVP of the league.

The guy has been in 9 of the last 10 finals. I’d be pissed too if you have to deal with constant movement of goal posts when it comes to your career accolades and literally no benefit of the doubt. When healthy - he’s the best player in the world. He showed that this past calendar year. If he’s healthy - he’s going to lay the hammer down on every team in front of him.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject:

It’s Klutch Angeles. That’s what we signed up for...LeKlutch

Without Klutch, there is no LeBron, AD.

We wouldn’t have the politics of Harrell. McLemore doesn’t sign here.

KCP is probably traded last season or this season.

THT is probably in Tampa Bay to finish this season.

Also, when Lebron is not happy with a situation, this is what we get. Last season there wasn’t too much losing or selfishness going around. Everyone fell in line. This season and the 2018-19 season are more in line with a typical passive aggressive Lebron season.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

So LBJ out tomorrow

McTen (w/ press release at link) - https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1391185424312279041?s=21
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
So LBJ out tomorrow

McTen (w/ press release at link) - https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1391185424312279041?s=21

Hmm losing the game helps us avoid Clippers, but also increases the odds of us facing Utah in the first round. Would prefer Phoenix but all in all a good move LBJ
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
TDRock wrote:
So LBJ out tomorrow

Hmm losing the game helps us avoid Clippers, but also increases the odds of us facing Utah in the first round. Would prefer Phoenix but all in all a good move LBJ

Nobody is scared of the Jazz. smh
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
TDRock wrote:
So LBJ out tomorrow

Nobody is scared of the Jazz. smh

Don't have to be scared to have a preference
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Something doesn’t add up with LeBron’s absence, it seems like someone told him he was good to go when he came back but then he found out that he wasn’t... I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t play until the tournament, so he can come back 100% healthy as opposed the previous time he came back when it was clear that he wasn’t ready.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Something doesn’t add up with LeBron’s absence, it seems like someone told him he was good to go when he came back but then he found out that he wasn’t... I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t play until the tournament, so he can come back 100% healthy as opposed the previous time he came back when it was clear that he wasn’t ready.

Any chance he is under COVID protocol, but they are keeping that secret??
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Any chance he is under COVID protocol, but they are keeping that secret??

TDRock said that they usually spill the beans when it comes to someone being in the COVID Protocol.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
It’s Klutch Angeles. That’s what we signed up for...LeKlutch

Without Klutch, there is no LeBron, AD.

We wouldn’t have the politics of Harrell. McLemore doesn’t sign here.

KCP is probably traded last season or this season.

THT is probably in Tampa Bay to finish this season.

Also, when Lebron is not happy with a situation, this is what we get. Last season there wasn’t too much losing or selfishness going around. Everyone fell in line. This season and the 2018-19 season are more in line with a typical passive aggressive Lebron season.

The two seasons aren’t comparable. His first year with the Lakers - he had Luke, Josh Hart BI & Zo as his supporting cast. AD loomed over as an acquisition target and the Lakers had struck out consistently on acquiring talent prior to signing James. It was clear LBJ wasn’t sold on the surrounding parts players & coaches.

This years team has talent. His passive aggressiveness isn’t towards his team for a lack of performance - it’s toward for the league for giving him the shortest offseason of his career combined with a play in game that erases any opportunity for rest/practice.

Sure - we got certain players from Klutch. However this idea we’re beholden to them is over dramatised. They’re not the only talent agency we need to maintain a relationship. In fact, at this point it’s the agents outside of their ecoystrm.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 1:52 am    Post subject:

This is inevitable with Bron as he ages. 2 out of the 3 years as Laker, he has had the most games missed of his career. He is not 30, 27 or 25 anymore. He is in the late stages of his career, and injury puts his entire season on hold for significant time.

We should just be grateful that in the 1 year he was healthy all year, we maxed it out and won it all. There is no guarantee he will have another season like he had last year. If you compare to Kobe, by the same time, Kobe was unable to stay healthy post-achilles, to carry the team. This is very very rare, that a player this late into his career is even giving us this kind of production and games.

We just gotta ensure that when Bron is healthy, we max out those moments. It may not be the case this year, but we may have a shot next year. I am not giving up on the season, but being realistic that to expect Bron to go from 70% to MVP playoff mode within a few weeks may not at all be realistic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1567, 1568, 1569 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1568 of 2086
Jump to: