The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1606, 1607, 1608 ... 2089, 2090, 2091  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Who said soft Bron would play this game?

The same guy who started every game last season up until some bum from Atlanta lunged into his planted leg?

Yes. That same guy is soft. Mentally soft, flops, rolls around on the ground when he barely gets hit, and acts like a dang drama queen. That same guy.

I would be happy to perform an experiment on you wherein you stand with locked knees while a 200+ man barrels into your legs. Then we can see who is an actual drama queen.

You have to realize Outspoken is a relentless Lebron basher -- he talks nonstop about how lousy Lebron is and how we should get rid of him. It's been going on for years. He's just a broken record on the topic.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

The same guy who started every game last season up until some bum from Atlanta lunged into his planted leg?

Yes. That same guy is soft. Mentally soft, flops, rolls around on the ground when he barely gets hit, and acts like a dang drama queen. That same guy.

I would be happy to perform an experiment on you wherein you stand with locked knees while a 200+ man barrels into your legs. Then we can see who is an actual drama queen.

You have to realize Outspoken is a relentless Lebron basher -- he talks nonstop about how lousy Lebron is and how we should get rid of him. It's been going on for years. He's just a broken record on the topic.

Honestly outside of Giannis and KD, how many other players can you say has a legit argument of being better than Bron right now?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
activeverb wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Honestly outside of Giannis and KD, how many other players can you say has a legit argument of being better than Bron right now?

Not many. You could make a case for Curry.

But even at this advanced age, Lebron is still on the short list for the MVP.

Most of the generic Lebron bashers had fled the board, but there's one or two remaining.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The Spurs were fined $250,000 after coach Gregg Popovich gave four key players the night off during a nationally televised game. Pop did it right.

Pop did that a decade ago, It was a much different time and no one was talking about load management.

In finding Pop, the NBA sent out a press release that said: ""The Spurs decided to make four of their top players unavailable for an early-season game that was the team’s only regular-season visit to Miami. The team also did this without informing the Heat, the media, or the league office in a timely way. Under these circumstances, I have concluded that the Spurs did a disservice to the league and our fans."

I think the league's position was right. If you are going to say load management is a worthwhile thing to do, the teams and the league should be coordinated about it. They are still an entertainment business, and stars being pulled out of games without warning isn't good for the league.

We're in agreement in the league did the right thing by fining the Spurs. It is a business. People pay to see the stars. To quote Samuel L Jackson from the movie SWAT "Sometimes doing the right thing isn't doing the right thing." I know that's confusing but I think you get my meaning.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Stop making things up about me. I am not a constant LeBron basher. I recently said that Bron could turn it on whenever he wants. The only thing that I harp on is that he is soft. I said he shouldn't be the GM of this team, that's not a recipe for sustainable success. I said I wouldn't mind trading Lebron for Buddy heilds as a joke. Responding to someone who also said it as a joke. So stop with the lies on me.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

TOS

We recognize that discussions can get passionate and heated. These discussions cross the line when the person is attacked, rather than the idea. Critiquing others' ideas is fine, but attacks focusing on personality differences or other posters are not allowed and will not be tolerated. There is a gray area where a comment might be bordering on offensive, and moderators have discretionary power to recognize when discussions are heading in the wrong direction and take appropriate action.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The Spurs were fined $250,000 after coach Gregg Popovich gave four key players the night off during a nationally televised game. Pop did it right.

Pop did that a decade ago, It was a much different time and no one was talking about load management.

In finding Pop, the NBA sent out a press release that said: ""The Spurs decided to make four of their top players unavailable for an early-season game that was the team’s only regular-season visit to Miami. The team also did this without informing the Heat, the media, or the league office in a timely way. Under these circumstances, I have concluded that the Spurs did a disservice to the league and our fans."

I think the league's position was right. If you are going to say load management is a worthwhile thing to do, the teams and the league should be coordinated about it. They are still an entertainment business, and stars being pulled out of games without warning isn't good for the league.

We're in agreement in the league did the right thing by fining the Spurs. It is a business. People pay to see the stars. To quote Samuel L Jackson from the movie SWAT "Sometimes doing the right thing isn't doing the right thing." I know that's confusing but I think you get my meaning.

I agree with you. It was so long ago that it's almost moot. The teams and the league have come a long way in figuring this stuff out.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
activeverb wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Stop making things up about me. I am not a constant LeBron basher. I recently said that Bron could turn it on whenever he wants. The only thing that I harp on is that he is soft. I said he shouldn't be the GM of this team, that's not a recipe for sustainable success. I said I wouldn't mind trading Lebron for Buddy heilds as a joke. Responding to someone who also said it as a joke. So stop with the lies on me.

The "poor little innocent me" routine doesn't work with me.

You have constantly bashed Lebron on this board for years. And I don't dispute it's your right to do so, if that's your thing, which its clearly is.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
activeverb wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

The "poor little innocent me" routine doesn't work with me.

You have constantly bashed Lebron on this board for years. And I don't dispute it's your right to do so, if that's your thing, which its clearly is.

I have also said great things about LeBron. So stop with the over embellishment and making things up about me. You said constant. That is not true. Say you only see the things that you don't like and nothing else, but stop using me for your deceit.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Yeah....we not only need our best player but also our head coach...please come back soon, Bron.....casuse Frank Vogel is a f'king idiot.

Kiss my Converse.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
Yeah....we not only need our best player but also our head coach...please come back soon, Bron.....casuse Frank Vogel is a f'king idiot.

Vogel is our biggest achilles heel.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:

Damn!! I've been saying that all season. Frank won a ship and that's what many allude to. His lineups suck, his rotations suck, he's supposed to be a defensive guru, and his defense sucks. Where is his leadership? How can you not instill enough energy into a team that's leading by 26 points to sustain that lead? I don't think Frank has the locker room.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

Lakers star LeBron James builds epic backyard movie theater for Zhuri’s Halloween night

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-lebron-james-builds-epic-backyard-movie-theater-for-zhuri-halloween-night/
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject:

Is it LBJ's fault that Vogel trots out that murderous Rondo/WB duo? Or feels the need to start DJ and give a team a 5 point advantage basically?

LBJ has been a monster this year already, and we are def missing him on the court.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Lakers star LeBron James builds epic backyard movie theater for Zhuri’s Halloween night

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-lebron-james-builds-epic-backyard-movie-theater-for-zhuri-halloween-night/

ha that's cool
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

Looks like LeBron is coming back on Friday
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Nah that was a fake tweet hence I quickly deleted. Sorry.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Which tweet are you referring to?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Which tweet are you referring to?

Some guy made it seem like it was from Woj but it was not. And really I don't think he was trying to make a fake Woj tweet to fool people (like folks sometimes do). When I read the whole tweet thread in context it seemed like they were joking amongst the folks in the thread.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:

Damn!! I've been saying that all season. Frank won a ship and that's what many allude to. His lineups suck, his rotations suck, he's supposed to be a defensive guru, and his defense sucks. Where is his leadership? How can you not instill enough energy into a team that's leading by 26 points to sustain that lead? I don't think Frank has the locker room.

How can you blame Frank for the defense when this team barely has any plus defenders? All of the issues you pointed out are a result of poor roster construction. You aren't going to field a great defense when you replace players like Caruso, KCP, Kuzma, Morris, Green with Westbrook, Melo, Jordan, Monk.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow23_ wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:

How can you blame Frank for the defense when this team barely has any plus defenders? All of the issues you pointed out are a result of poor roster construction. You aren't going to field a great defense when you replace players like Caruso, KCP, Kuzma, Morris, Green with Westbrook, Melo, Jordan, Monk.

Defense is supposed to be Frank's forte. If that's the case he should devise a scheme to fit what he has.

You don't have to have on-ball defenders in a team-orientated scheme. Switches, zones, doubles. Institute a scheme that fits your personnel.

Lineup matchups are also important. You don't put Rondo and Westbrook on the floor at the same time.

Vogel has to figure it out. That's what good coaches do.

Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lakeshow23_ wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:

Defense is supposed to be Frank's forte. If that's the case he should devise a scheme to fit what he has.

You don't have to have on-ball defenders in a team-orientated scheme. Switches, zones, doubles. Institute a scheme that fits your personnel.

Lineup matchups are also important. You don't put Rondo and Westbrook on the floor at the same time.

Vogel has to figure it out. That's what good coaches do.

Vogel has already proven his worth as a defensive coach. The Lakers had the best defense in the league last season with Lebron and AD missing majority of the season. He coached average/below average defensive players like Harrell, THT, Mclemore, and Schroeder to extraordinary heights. With that said, he isn't a miracle worker. There isn't a coach in the NBA that could field a great defense with players like Westbrook and Monk anchoring the perimeter.

The two big lineup has actually performed better than lineups with AD at center because of the rim protection that pairing AD with a traditional center provides. That lineup, however, allows for suboptimal spacing. Vogel is at a catch 22 because of poor roster construction from the front office.

Last edited by Lakeshow23_ on Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:29 am; edited 3 times in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:58 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

It's always easy to blame the coach. In fact, getting blamed goes with the turf. But picking the easy scapegoat is lazy. The front office churned the roster yet again and dumped a mismatched legion of egos on Vogel. And you want to blame Vogel?

You don't like the rotations? That's kind of lame, to be honest. People always complain about rotations. We had endless posts whining about the inept and brainless rotations of that incompetent loser, Phil Jackson. I see people posting the rotations that they would use, and I thank our lucky stars that Vogel doesn't use the awful rotations that get posted.

You complain about his defense, but look at the roster of non-defenders that got dumped on him. I actually hold out hope that Vogel can get some of these guys to play defense. Vogel managed to get guys like Kuzma and Schroder to play defense. This isn't something that gets accomplished by waving a magic wand. Vogel is not an alchemist who can transmute Malik Monk into a defender. He doesn't have a time traveling Delorean to go get the Carmelo Anthony who was merely a poor defender from ten years ago. But he can coach both of them as the season goes by, and maybe, just maybe, he can get something out of them.

So you want to blame Vogel for not spinning this roster into gold? Okay. He's an easy target. But if you want to get rid of Vogel, you'd better start thinking about who you want as a replacement. Spoiler alert: There probably isn't a coach in the whole history of basketball who could immediately make this roster click. There's a reason why so many pundits looked at this roster and said, basically, "Sweet Jesus."

It may work out in the end. If it does, it will be because of Vogel, not in spite of him.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It's always easy to blame the coach. In fact, getting blamed goes with the turf. But picking the easy scapegoat is lazy. The front office churned the roster yet again and dumped a mismatched legion of egos on Vogel. And you want to blame Vogel?

You don't like the rotations? That's kind of lame, to be honest. People always complain about rotations. We had endless posts whining about the inept and brainless rotations of that incompetent loser, Phil Jackson. I see people posting the rotations that they would use, and I thank our lucky stars that Vogel doesn't use the awful rotations that get posted.

You complain about his defense, but look at the roster of non-defenders that got dumped on him. I actually hold out hope that Vogel can get some of these guys to play defense. Vogel managed to get guys like Kuzma and Schroder to play defense. This isn't something that gets accomplished by waving a magic wand. Vogel is not an alchemist who can transmute Malik Monk into a defender. He doesn't have a time traveling Delorean to go get the Carmelo Anthony who was merely a poor defender from ten years ago. But he can coach both of them as the season goes by, and maybe, just maybe, he can get something out of them.

So you want to blame Vogel for not spinning this roster into gold? Okay. He's an easy target. But if you want to get rid of Vogel, you'd better start thinking about who you want as a replacement. Spoiler alert: There probably isn't a coach in the whole history of basketball who could immediately make this roster click. There's a reason why so many pundits looked at this roster and said, basically, "Sweet Jesus."

It may work out in the end. If it does, it will be because of Vogel, not in spite of him.

BINGO - and we should probably give him 25-30 games before we bring out the pitchforks.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject:

Hate to say it but dude needs to ball out and get this chip, this year, don’t worry about next season (but don’t get hurt)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1606, 1607, 1608 ... 2089, 2090, 2091  Next
Page 1607 of 2091
Jump to: