The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1664, 1665, 1666 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Halflife wrote:
av3773 wrote:
Bron at least is living up to his contract...he is putting up MVP type numbers...does he have to own WB coming of course, because I am sure he had to "Ok" it......that was a failed experiment...but in terms of his individual play on the season as a whole, you really couldn't ask for much more....

numbers are hollow. Thats what people say about russ whether here or somewhere else.

Except lebrons been to the finals how many times? 10? 4 titles. How many playoff games has he won? the most of anybody in history?

Just stop.

IDC. He and AD asked for russ because of what russ has done for other players. Helped them get numbers.

Pat riley- better to get rid of guy a year early than a year late.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
av3773 wrote:
Bron at least is living up to his contract...he is putting up MVP type numbers...does he have to own WB coming of course, because I am sure he had to "Ok" it......that was a failed experiment...but in terms of his individual play on the season as a whole, you really couldn't ask for much more....

numbers are hollow. Thats what people say about russ whether here or somewhere else.

We have impact metrics. Impact metrics show that Lebron is still firmly a 1st team All-NBA player and that Russ is a borderline starter.

Please stop
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:50 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
av3773 wrote:

We have impact metrics. Impact metrics show that Lebron is still firmly a 1st team All-NBA player and that Russ is a borderline starter.

Please stop

right but no W's. Thats All I care about. Bron isn't even my issue. AD is. everytime dude has to carry us with Bron out he failed.

I would definitely trade bron but he's just cruising into sunset which is whatever. I like the guy.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
av3773 wrote:

Please stop

right but no W's. Thats All I care about. Bron isn't even my issue. AD is. everytime dude has to carry us with Bron out he failed.

I would definitely trade bron but he's just cruising into sunset which is whatever. I like the guy.

There is no ending to your insane trade proposals and takes.

Is Lebron carrying the team in AD's absence?
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
I swear... if this dude makes one of his patented #JustAKidFromAkron instagram posts about his statistical milestone after a loss like that, I'ma loose my goddam mind.

This man called it, right down to the exact #hashtag
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
I swear... if this dude makes one of his patented #JustAKidFromAkron instagram posts about his statistical milestone after a loss like that, I'ma loose my goddam mind.

Lol what’s the big deal? It’s not these milestones are coming at the cost of wins. Gotta find reasons to be positive during this nightmarish season.

To all those annoyed with Lebron focusing on his stats, it’s not like he prioritizes that over winning. He wouldve stayed in Cleveland instead of going to Miami in pursuit of titles if that was the case. We traded away our youth to bring in AD. Lebron is so obsessed with winning that he’s left teams, gotten people traded, and ruined his image along the way. You don’t do all of that if you’re just content with putting up numbers.

I don’t see why he can’t find reasons to enjoy the ride this season…if there’s no title to be won this year.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/kingjames/status/1484229631901192193?s=21

LeKlutchBaseball
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Lol what’s the big deal? It’s not these milestones are coming at the cost of wins. Gotta find reasons to be positive during this nightmarish season.

To all those annoyed with Lebron focusing on his stats, it’s not like he prioritizes that over winning. He wouldve stayed in Cleveland instead of going to Miami in pursuit of titles if that was the case. We traded away our youth to bring in AD. Lebron is so obsessed with winning that he’s left teams, gotten people traded, and ruined his image along the way. You don’t do all of that if you’re just content with putting up numbers.

I don’t see why he can’t find reasons to enjoy the ride this season…if there’s no title to be won this year.

you just hit the bullseye.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

LeKlutchBaseball

I love LeBron with all my heart but this is what pisses fans off when they think his heart isn’t into this season.. the team is below 500 and playing terrible basketball and he’s posting stuff about Maverick Carter...
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

LeKlutchBaseball

I love LeBron with all my heart but this is what pisses fans off when they think his heart isn’t into this season.. the team is below 500 and playing terrible basketball and he’s posting stuff about Maverick Carter...

Whats the big deal... They do have a life outside of basketball... Also Carter is one of his bestfriends and business partner.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
av3773 wrote:

Numbers aren't hollow at all. They are just sometimes applied in a superficial or disingenuous way by people who don't know what they are talking about or who just want to state a belief they can't support.

Lebron isn't perfect, but he's having a great season. Anyone who says otherwise needs to have a better case for their opinion than lazy sweeping generalizations.

And, candidly, the comment "that's what people say" is about as lazy as it gets.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

LeKlutchBaseball

Whats the big deal... They do have a life outside of basketball... Also Carter is one of his bestfriends and business partner.

It is a big deal in some way because it does seem like his mind is elsewhere when he needs to help turn our season around he’s to attached to other stuff in a time were his mind should be on our season
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Being happy about LBJ's good season when the Lakers are losing is like a German sniper on Normandy bragging about his number of kills.

I am a Laker fan not an LBJ fan... I give no f*cks what he does unless it helps us win.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

LeKlutchBaseball

It is a big deal in some way because it does seem like his mind is elsewhere when he needs to help turn our season around he’s to attached to other stuff in a time were his mind should be on our season

It's not a big deal. I don't expect Lebron to think about basketball 24-7. He's allowed to spend time with his family; go to the movies; read sections of the paper that aren't about sports; watch stupid YouTube videos; and tweet about things other than the NBA.

I accept that he's a human being, not a two-dimensional character in NBA2k. If you don't, that's your problem, not his.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject:

“Ima bout to activate Playoff mode.” Yeah, I heard it in 2019. He knows where this team is gonna end up. He’s gonna have another long summer to rest and recuperate.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Being happy about LBJ's good season when the Lakers are losing is like a German sniper on Normandy bragging about his number of kills.

I am a Laker fan not an LBJ fan... I give no f*cks what he does unless it helps us win.

I don't see a lot of people here happy about Lebron's good season, as much as I see people angry that Lebron is having a good season while the Lakers are losing. They want to blame Lebron and they get ticked off when others won't pile on.

But a lot of those people have historically disliked Lebron anyway. So it strikes me as fairly generic venting.

Personally, I see Lebron as having a pretty typical season (which is typically very good). But the Lakers are floundering because the guys around him are injured or not that good.

I really don't see many people here celebrating Lebron's seemingly inevitable march to passing Kareem point total. That will likely generate more excitement next year when the event will probably happen.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:27 pm    Post subject:

LeGM as people like to call him, signed off on the Russ trade, so I really have little sympathy for him. We have to suffer watching it too.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:24 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

LeKlutchBaseball

It's not a big deal. I don't expect Lebron to think about basketball 24-7. He's allowed to spend time with his family; go to the movies; read sections of the paper that aren't about sports; watch stupid YouTube videos; and tweet about things other than the NBA.

I accept that he's a human being, not a two-dimensional character in NBA2k. If you don't, that's your problem, not his.

This. No player In history was only 100% basketball and nothing else. Social media has made nba players personal lives more accessible. Players of the past didn’t have access to the outlets this current generation does. Go read at what some of the all time greats would do in their off time…fans would have a meltdown at what guys like jordan, barkley, Rodman etc would do off the court if smart phones existed back then

Lebron is last person in the entire organization we should worry about wanting to win. He’s carved out arguably the most controversial career of all time because of the lengths he’s went to in his attempts to win rings. I’m extremely confident in saying he wants to win more than anybody within this franchise.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:42 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

LeKlutchBaseball

Building a business empire is part of the reason he signed with us, his brand is getting bigger everyday.
The dude is smart, business savvy. That’s also the reason he will never leave LA just to chase a ring. You can tell he is so much happier since moving to LA with his sons playing high school ball now. His close friends all have houses in LA, so why would he leave?
His mind is on basketball for sure otherwise that tweet to apologize to laker nation was pretty dumb because it could only hurt him.
He earned my respect after the passing of Kobe and he promised “my shoulder is this wide for a reason”
“ I promise you I'll continue your legacy man! You mean so much to us all here especially #LakerNation and it's my responsibility to put this (bleep) on my back and keep it going!! ”
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Halflife wrote:
av3773 wrote:

Numbers aren't hollow at all. They are just sometimes applied in a superficial or disingenuous way by people who don't know what they are talking about or who just want to state a belief they can't support.

Lebron isn't perfect, but he's having a great season. Anyone who says otherwise needs to have a better case for their opinion than lazy sweeping generalizations.

And, candidly, the comment "that's what people say" is about as lazy as it gets.

Havent "people always said", its easy to put up numbers on a bad team?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:22 am    Post subject:

LeBron James, Lakers lead NBA in merchandise sales through 1st half of season
LeBron James, Stephen Curry, the Lakers and the Warriors lead the way on the NBA's list of the most popular jersey and team merchandise sales.

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-top-selling-jerseys
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
LeBron James, Stephen Curry, the Lakers and the Warriors lead the way on the NBA's list of the most popular jersey and team merchandise sales.

but Jeanie will trade him right?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:18 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

throw any of those other guys in a lakers jersey and they are on top.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Curry, Giannis, KD, Luka, JA, Maybe, others, not so much. AD is only 12.
Klay and RJ are the only 2 on the list Lebron may be able to net at this point.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
pio2u wrote:

That's not true.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1664, 1665, 1666 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1665 of 2079
Jump to: